Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Mr. Taxi
GGPOGFYKTHX"BI"
PSN: Mr-Taxi-
#41 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SPINMASTER X
On an individual level yes, that's gonna happen. I'm not saying that it won't exist. However on a National level? It shouldn't be so obvious on a national level.

Is it logical to think that people have their own specific play styles, but when compared to the rest of the country they play similar in fundamentals, IE the people who play with and around them, would have the same underlying concepts in their game play that can be viewed as being very different from country to country.

Last edited by Mr. Taxi on Feb 23rd, 2012 at 21:44

Signature "oh yeh, what the fuck is technically? technically u won? techinically, you are the world best. just go to korea then technically destroy every shitty korean players. you are technically the best." - SeGi Hong

""He's really mean when you get to know him and has nothing going on in his life except Tekken"" - Cuddle Core

My Anna Oki Video
DrBhup666
Deity
#42 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by stillmatic
Tekkens being to hard to play to enjoy it at intermediate level is holding it back from being as popular as SF and a few othersbut it's def not killing Tekken, and it's still one of the top Fighting games out there. And i highly doubt that 80-90% of the ppl on TZ agree with you but hey you're the medical Doctor here you should know.

So, if you're actually agreeing with me, what's up with posts after posts with all that rant?? This right here is what I'm saying. Exactly what are you not agreeing with me in?

(Also, my point was to tell you that I am an adult and want to discuss seriously with people and you were acting like a little brat. Alot of people posting here from my country and from Scandinavia in general know me in real life, so it is easily verified who I am. Look for yourself, use google translate or whatever. This is an article about my research on diabetes from 2004 in an norwegian newspaper.)

http://www.ba.no/nyheter/article868356.ece
DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
PSN: dropkick_br
#43 “Quote” Edit Post
On an unrelated news...

http://www.mmafighting.com/ufc/2012...rampage-jackson

Rampage plays TTT2... Marketing problem solved...

-----------------

Just to contribute, what tekken needs is a good tutorial mode, and players to stop spending too much time whining on forums and start practicing...

Sorry DrBhup... can't resist... You already know that tekken takes time to master, so make your time count...
Signature : Steve, you will not go and hang out to those joke characters Paul and Law anymore.
: Mom! Since I joined this tourney I didn't have a chance to have friends!
: I'm telling you. Don't hang out with them anymore and that's FINAL!
*Steve looks sad*
: Steve, Look at your auntie, she's a joke. Do you want to be like her?
DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
PSN: dropkick_br
#44 “Quote” Edit Post
Double post...

Last edited by DEATH&#63722; on Feb 24th, 2012 at 08:35

Signature : Steve, you will not go and hang out to those joke characters Paul and Law anymore.
: Mom! Since I joined this tourney I didn't have a chance to have friends!
: I'm telling you. Don't hang out with them anymore and that's FINAL!
*Steve looks sad*
: Steve, Look at your auntie, she's a joke. Do you want to be like her?
jadensoral
Destroyer
#45 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DrBhup666
This right here is one of the things that is wrong with TZ. People can't fucking stick to the discussion without talking shit about the person. Anyway, you being a mod here, should have greater responsibility about not talking shit to others but keep the actual topic and discussion going

movement IS end-all be-all in this version of Tekken, and it is too difficult for most people to do and incorporate into the gameplay. Namco has done this wrong.

This I love
Dilly
When in doubt, D+3+4
PSN: DancesWithNoobs
XBL: DancesWithNoobs
#46 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DrBhup666
So, if you're actually agreeing with me, what's up with posts after posts with all that rant?? This right here is what I'm saying. Exactly what are you not agreeing with me in?

(Also, my point was to tell you that I am an adult and want to discuss seriously with people and you were acting like a little brat. Alot of people posting here from my country and from Scandinavia in general know me in real life, so it is easily verified who I am. Look for yourself, use google translate or whatever. This is an article about my research on diabetes from 2004 in an norwegian newspaper.)

http://www.ba.no/nyheter/article868356.ece

For the record, I worked for major league gaming before they laid off their remote writers (you can find my articles with them without too much trouble) and I also spent quite some time as a personal assistant for one of Autodesk's lead developers (I actually got to test quite a few games well before release during that time), so I have a strong background in both professional gaming as well as an understanding for what decisions go into development of both game engines and the tools that create the animations and characters. I just don't bother bringing those things up because I don't see what difference they make on a discussion board.

Fact is though, tekken does have plenty for every level of play. If you don't want to spend all that time learning, you can still have fun playing with other people of your level. That's a GOOD thing, not a bad thing.
Signature Need the hook-up on cable service? Get at me.

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...threadid=124372
jadensoral
Destroyer
#47 “Quote” Edit Post
That's completely true, you can have fun playing no matter how good you are, you just have to play someone around your level.

But if you want to get proper good.... god help you.
Dilly
When in doubt, D+3+4
#48 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by jadensoral
That's completely true, you can have fun playing no matter how good you are, you just have to play someone around your level.

But if you want to get proper good.... god help you.

I firmly believe if the only portion of TTT2 is at minimum as good as SC5 then that'll be a huge asset into players increasing in ability. Fact is, most new players aren't going to take the time to travel and find local players when they can just throw in almost any other game and play online without hassle.

If they can play from there house against other people, then they'll have more motivation to learn to play the game better. Right now, too many people have to dumb down their play when it comes to online, so all they see if cheap lag tactics and think that's how the game is played.

That, plus tutorial mode, would suffice to help new players learn the game.

Taokaka Meow
Warrior
PSN: Taokaka_Meow
XBL: Taokaka Meow
#49 “Quote” Edit Post
Tekken is hard? :O
That must be the first time I ever heard anybody who's into fighting games say that.
If you want to become good at a game, you should have to put some effort into it...
Signature
"Words of a loser are meaningless"
jadensoral
Destroyer
#50 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Dilly
I firmly believe if the only portion of TTT2 is at minimum as good as SC5 then that'll be a huge asset into players increasing in ability.

I don't really understand this, is English your first language?
Mr. Taxi
GGPOGFYKTHX"BI"
PSN: Mr-Taxi-
#51 “Quote” Edit Post
Must've been a typo.
Using context clues, I'm pretty sure the word "only" is supposed to be "online."
Signature "oh yeh, what the fuck is technically? technically u won? techinically, you are the world best. just go to korea then technically destroy every shitty korean players. you are technically the best." - SeGi Hong

""He's really mean when you get to know him and has nothing going on in his life except Tekken"" - Cuddle Core

My Anna Oki Video
Dilly
When in doubt, D+3+4
#52 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by jadensoral
I don't really understand this, is English your first language?

It was suppose to be online... Too much typing in 1 day will do that to ya from time to time.

jadensoral
Destroyer
#53 “Quote” Edit Post
Oh right Well then I agree!
Superstar_LBV
Fujin
#54 “Quote” Edit Post
my bryan will be better than his in just a few months time.
Signature i would not hesitate to beat the hell out of and .