Tekken Unlimited - AOU 2012! w/ Trailer & More

Page Splits 1...<234
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
soNa
Kyu
#61 “Quote” Edit Post
Only problem is that some people want their own character(s) to stay in series. If they remove some characters -> a group of players might quit -> less player. Or some players will come to play. Dunno.

They should remove these new characters; lars and alisa especially. I have friends who have stopped playing Tekken cause these new characters are so stupid. I mean swedish Mishima who doesen't speak swedish? Animeshit chainsaw robot, C'mon Namco.

My suggestion is that you remove these new characters like Lars, Alisa, Zafina, Lili, Raven, etc. MAke it like Tekken 3 and add All T3 Characters (expect Gon cause he is like Yoda ) + T6 No gay characters.

And what comes to animals, they have always been in Tekken and will be. If you dislike them, go play other fighting games. Tekken have always been series of variety characters. If you remove Animals, then you have to remove all Robotic characters, and non-human characters.
Crazy Crane
3rd Dan
#62 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SPINMASTER X
Juggles are just too easy nowadays. They're not even a challenge anymore.

As supposed to what?
WGF, 4?
EWGF; b,f+2,1,2, d/f+4,4?
TPs, 4?
hopkick, 3, knees?
JFLS, 1,2,3, d+4?

This point is thrown around constantly and frankly this is just plain wrong. Juggles NEVER have been hard. Or at least the juggles you saw regularly in tournament gameplay. Everybody sticks to relyable, easy damage, no matter what Tekken game you look at.
And on the opposite, there are hard juggles in every game also. Its just that nobody uses them in competitive gameplay.

b! and walls at the very least add some varity and benefit those players who use the "correct" juggle at certain distances.

As for Tekken Unlimited...Oh wow, its AWESOME!! Add some gimmicky new mode, which would have been ok as a console bonus and sell it as "new game"? AWESOME Namco, way to go!!
DrBhup666
Deity
#63 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Crazy Crane
As for Tekken Unlimited...Oh wow, its AWESOME!! Add some gimmicky new mode, which would have been ok as a console bonus and sell it as "new game"? AWESOME Namco, way to go!!

Really?? That was it??!!! No other 'news' came out of AOU 2012?

So basically the game still has all the problems it always had with Lars having unnaturally good tools for everything? Did they at keast fix Hwoarangs midcombo unblockable and all the infamous sandwich combos and other stuff like that?

I think it was a good addition to TTT2 that you now can play 1 vs 1, 1 vs 2 or 2 vs 2. But could Harada really think that this is a 'bigger' change to TTT2 than from T6 --> BR? I think not.

I guess being able to play as only one character solves some of the issues with Tekken. Now newcomers only have to master one character before being able to play TTT2. They will have double amount of life and don't have to think about tagging and bar management and TA and stuff. This would maybe make the entry level a bit less demanding.

The downside of course is that people playing with only one character are limited to only one characters moveslist with all the shortcomings it has, while the person choosing to play with two characters can do some really huge damaging combos and has access to remove shortcomings of a characters moves by choosing another character that can 'complete' his point character. I personally think it adds an interesting layer.
Undead_Nemesis
Dragon Lord
PSN: Manji_Nemesis
XBL: Not my cuppa.
#64 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm interested to see how this addition will affect tournament play.
Signature Perfect Input Tekken 6 Team Combo Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plhhQKb0no4
Tekken 6 Yoshimitsu Combo Video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=low7BmUQLrY
Tekken 6 BR Yoshimitsu Combo Movie: www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFFLSOIBx7w
Member of Team Perfect Input.
吉光 T4 - "Those who tread the path of evil shall face judgment eventually".
SPINMASTER X
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: SMX-001
XBL: SPINMASTER X
#65 “Quote” Edit Post
As supposed to what?
WGF, 4?
EWGF; b,f+2,1,2, d/f+4,4?
TPs, 4?
hopkick, 3, knees?
JFLS, 1,2,3, d+4?

This point is thrown around constantly and frankly this is just plain wrong. Juggles NEVER have been hard. Or at least the juggles you saw regularly in tournament gameplay. Everybody sticks to relyable, easy damage, no matter what Tekken game you look at.
And on the opposite, there are hard juggles in every game also. Its just that nobody uses them in competitive gameplay.

b! and walls at the very least add some varity and benefit those players who use the "correct" juggle at certain distances.

You just posted a bunch of simple juggles and there you have it. The earlier games had a simpler juggle system and characters didn't float quite as high or as much so you had to squeeze every bit of effort out just to extend the juggle and/or get bigger damage. Bringing up tournament play does nothing. Everyone will always play safer regardless of which game they're playing however in the past few iterations of tekken even the safe juggles look mighty flashy and mighty long compared to before.

My point still stands.
Signature Feng Wei: The sixth deadly venom.

"The word kenpō is a Japanese translation of the Chinese word "qu?nfǎ"

"In Japanese martial arts, kenpō is used to designate Chinese martial arts, (much as the term kung fu is used in English-speaking countries)"
Crazy Crane
3rd Dan
#66 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SPINMASTER X
You just posted a bunch of simple juggles and there you have it. The earlier games had a simpler juggle system and characters didn't float quite as high or as much so you had to squeeze every bit of effort out just to extend the juggle and/or get bigger damage. Bringing up tournament play does nothing. Everyone will always play safer regardless of which game they're playing however in the past few iterations of tekken even the safe juggles look mighty flashy and mighty long compared to before.

My point still stands.

Erm, I didnt "just" post some simple juggles, I posted juggles most people actually USED. Who actually did WGFx3 with Devil or Kazuya? Or hopkick 1,2,1, 1,2,f+4 with Bruce in TTT? (Almost) no one.

Could you further explain the bolded part? I cant wrap my head around on what you mean here.
SPINMASTER X
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: SMX-001
XBL: SPINMASTER X
#67 “Quote” Edit Post
Erm, I didnt "just" post some simple juggles, I posted juggles most people actually USED. Who actually did WGFx3 with Devil or Kazuya? Or hopkick 1,2,1, 1,2,f+4 with Bruce in TTT? (Almost) no one.

Could you further explain the bolded part? I cant wrap my head around on what you mean here.

the basic safe juggles in this game are longer and look flashier than the basic and safe juggles from games before. It's quite simple to see

And the juggles people actually used were simpler back then. Nowadays who cares about juggle videos? It's all cake.
Signature Feng Wei: The sixth deadly venom.

"The word kenpō is a Japanese translation of the Chinese word "qu?nfǎ"

"In Japanese martial arts, kenpō is used to designate Chinese martial arts, (much as the term kung fu is used in English-speaking countries)"
Rocquito
Kyu
#68 “Quote” Edit Post
Agreed with the post above stating that simple juggles are now slower and longer than before, and they break the tempo of the fight (as no player is 'fighting' during the juggles). Tekken 6 is a bit slower than some previous Tekkens, therefore the juggles simply 'last' longer, + bounce is an easy resource to make them longer. TTT 2 looks a bit faster but now juggles can be lengthened by calling the partner several times. It's simply frustrating.
soulmaster1122
Expert
PSN: tekkn6
#69 “Quote” Edit Post
*sees the trailer*
*unhyped*
*waits for gameplay*

The only thing I complain is that they said it was big change I didn't notice anything new expect 2 vs 1 and 1 vs 1 Plus why did they made LifeBar from blue to Green -_-'' this tournament Turns from Tag To Handicap -_-''
Signature :Wait, Ogre!? Didn't I kill him in Tekken 3?Didn't I kill him in Devil Within?if I did then Why is he still alive?
: You bashed Heihachi's head through a stone wall and he survived an explosion. How do you explain THAT?