Tekken Unlimited - AOU 2012! w/ Trailer & More

Page Splits <1234>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
RankTank_3rwin
1st Dan
#41 “Quote” Edit Post
what's the use of an update when there are no new characters..or i think it's too early yet to speculate..
Signature Fil Mods are nothing but scrubs..and the other one is a poser that is good on beefing up his rank since T5..a Virtuoso that cannot even do a simple crouch dash...

I'm a dude playin' another dude disguised as another dude!!
Bunny-
War Lord
PSN: Nightbunny
#42 “Quote” Edit Post
We don't need new characters anymore ... Tekken has the biggest roster with the longest movelists of all fighting games.

It's already too hard to learn all antistrats to get to a high competitive level. I know enough tournament players who would even be happy, if the roster got smaller.
Signature Oh, it's a coin!
ChiefDeebo
Raijin
PSN: PresidentDeebo
XBL: Mayor Deebo
#43 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Suzaku
I like how they hyped it up to be a bigger update than BR was and they only really tweaked some gameplay and added 1v1. That's why I don't let myself get excited over anything Harada says.

he didnt say the trailer would, he said the game. Remember the original Tekken Tag 2 trailer was pretty basic, the real juicy stuff was announced later on through other trailers. I think Unlimited will go through the same process
Signature لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله

(Insert Royal Name)Deebo
Suzaku
Just win, baby
PSN: Suzaku4
#44 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Bunny-
We don't need new characters anymore ... Tekken has the biggest roster with the longest movelists of all fighting games.

It's already too hard to learn all antistrats to get to a high competitive level. I know enough tournament players who would even be happy, if the roster got smaller.

Removing characters is actually a great idea. They should start with Leo, Dragunov and Marduk.
Signature

F ALL FOREVER
daegon15
1st Dan
#45 “Quote” Edit Post
tekken really doesn't need anymore new characters. I'm all for returning character such as kunimitsu michelle ect. But putting brand new characters in the game is unnecessary now that tekken has 40+. I don't think it's a good idea to remove characters either, considering the fact people will get mad that their favorite got removed. I mean look at how many people are still hoping for kunimitsu and michelle. The characters they have are already popular and good enough. They need to focus on the characters they have now and stop putting new people in like alisa and crap.
Smith
Prince of Tekken
PSN: Devil_Smithy
#46 “Quote” Edit Post
Wow, it's fucking nothing.
Signature yatsu ga matteiru...
SPINMASTER X
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: SMX-001
XBL: SPINMASTER X
#47 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Suzaku
Removing characters is actually a great idea. They should start with Leo, Dragunov and Marduk.

Leo, Dragunov and Marduk? With weeaboo loli characters like Alisa in the cast those are characters you'd choose to cut? What has become of Tekken players these days? smh.
Signature Feng Wei: The sixth deadly venom.

"The word kenpō is a Japanese translation of the Chinese word "qu?nfǎ"

"In Japanese martial arts, kenpō is used to designate Chinese martial arts, (much as the term kung fu is used in English-speaking countries)"
jadensoral
Destroyer
#48 “Quote” Edit Post
If I was cutting characters I'd looses Lili and Bob. Really Anime like un-Tekken characters. :p

I thought 1v2 was just something cool to do casually for fun? But there's making it a competitive option?? wow...
DrBhup666
Deity
#49 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SPINMASTER X
Leo, Dragunov and Marduk? With weeaboo loli characters like Alisa in the cast those are characters you'd choose to cut? What has become of Tekken players these days? smh.

I too thought that these were not so bad charactrers and didn't need to get cut. Then I understood Suzako was just fucking with that other guy who first said the cast needed to get cut. If you go to the other guys profile, he plays those character, so I guess Suzaku was making a point that if you want to cut characters, you must be willing to see your favorite go away! I agree.

Me myself wouldn't cry if the cast actually got a little smaller. Obviously Alisa should go. she seems like a Blazblue character to me. Lars need to be nerfed. I don't care about Bob, he is fat and ugly and overpowered. Law and Steve should be nerfed as well. Do we need both Baek and Hwoarang? Only one kickspamming douchebag is enough. We can keep Eddy and cut Christie. I don't care for Kuma/ Panda and even though I play Roger Jr., I wouldn't mind removing all the animals from the series. It just make the whole game a bit cheesy. Also King and Armor King seems overkill. And who plays Ganryu, Yoshimitsu and Zafina? Like 5 people in the whole world?? Either make them better (because they seems cool and have distinct playstyle), or just take them out!

And there you go! Cast will be a little smaller, some few will bitch at first, but the game will be much more comprehensible for most people (new people) to get in to. We need more people to play Tekken. In my whole country there are only 25-30 people playing Tekken. I'm not kidding!

[/rant]
RankTank_3rwin
1st Dan
#50 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Bunny-

Well said..but it would be nice to have at least 4 new characters 'coz most fans are clamoring for it..
about the movelists part yeah i think there are so many that most of it are pretty unnecessary especially on high level gameplay..although most moves are situational..

I dunno why some people here complain about the juggle system..IMO tag assaults and tag combos are an excellent addition to this game and the juggling system is a TEKKEN trademark..so i think it's cool that they improved it here
Signature Fil Mods are nothing but scrubs..and the other one is a poser that is good on beefing up his rank since T5..a Virtuoso that cannot even do a simple crouch dash...

I'm a dude playin' another dude disguised as another dude!!
Rip
Level Up Your Game
#51 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DrBhup666
And there you go! Cast will be a little smaller, some few will bitch at first, but the game will be much more comprehensible for most people (new people) to get in to. We need more people to play Tekken. In my whole country there are only 25-30 people playing Tekken. I'm not kidding!

Good points. I think Tekken is in serious need of a refresh ala Tekken 3 or Soul Calibur 5. Tekken Tag 2 is what it is, and this Unlimited version is probably an improvement that will make the game more interesting when we finally get it on console later. I think Namco is lucky in that they have Tekken x Street Fighter lined up next, which is a title they can experiment with to find ways to make Tekken interesting in new ways. It also gives them a good amount of time before having to release the next Tekken so they have plenty of time to figure out how best to refresh the series
Signature DSS~ WHAAAAAA!!! Too buff, too swoll. Phoenix too strong.
JUUUUUUUUNKKKKYAAAAAAAARDDD!!!
levelupyourgame.com | LEVEL UP YOUR GAME | Tekken - Throw Break Trainer - by Rip | LUYG APP for iPhone & for Android
SPINMASTER X
Tekken Lord Black
#52 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DrBhup666
I too thought that these were not so bad charactrers and didn't need to get cut. Then I understood Suzako was just fucking with that other guy who first said the cast needed to get cut. If you go to the other guys profile, he plays those character, so I guess Suzaku was making a point that if you want to cut characters, you must be willing to see your favorite go away! I agree.

oops my mistake, hehe.

Originally posted by RankTank_3rwin
I dunno why some people here complain about the juggle system..IMO tag assaults and tag combos are an excellent addition to this game and the juggling system is a TEKKEN trademark..so i think it's cool that they improved it here

Juggles are just too easy nowadays. They're not even a challenge anymore. I don't think Juggles should ever leave but something needs to change like maybe characters need to fall faster so juggling isn't so easy. Old school Tekken fans find this boring because we're used to stricter timing. I remember the days when me and my friends used to make VHS tapes with the juggles we'd make up. Nowadays we don't even care because juggles just aren't impressive. I guess I should say they're still visually impressive but execution wise they're all too easy and too powerful. No fun at all.

"In Japanese martial arts, kenpō is used to designate Chinese martial arts, (much as the term kung fu is used in English-speaking countries)"
Lea
Feeling the TZ Love!
PSN: Lady_J
#53 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Rip
Good points. I think Tekken is in serious need of a refresh ala Tekken 3 or Soul Calibur 5.

They tried that already. It was called Tekken 4...and you see how that went.
Signature Quote originally from Exazz
If with "gay" you mean "Spanish metrosexual manliness" then yes, Miguel is gay.
=================
"Your love is FORBIDDEN! Into the volcano, you silly lovesick boy, you!"
daegon15
1st Dan
#54 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SPINMASTER X
oops my mistake, hehe.

Juggles are just too easy nowadays. They're not even a challenge anymore. I don't think Juggles should ever leave but something needs to change like maybe characters need to fall faster so juggling isn't so easy. Old school Tekken fans find this boring because we're used to stricter timing. I remember the days when me and my friends used to make VHS tapes with the juggles we'd make up. Nowadays we don't even care because juggles just aren't impressive. I guess I should say they're still visually impressive but execution wise they're all too easy and too powerful. No fun at all.

But why would u want to the game to be easy and fun? Tekken is a mans game that takes concentration and intuition. If you want a fun game and simple game for the brainless them play mortal kombet. no better yet go play mvc. That game is for kids. All you do in that game is button smash and the people do all kinds of crazy dumb shitz like shooting fireballs out their azz and flying the sky and stupid shitz. thank god tekken isn't like that.

Last edited by daegon15 on Feb 18th, 2012 at 09:01

potroda
Kyu
#55 “Quote” Edit Post
OMG I PERFER TEKKEN IN SO MANY WAYS. ITS SO MUCH BETTER THAN THOSE OTHER GAY GAMES LIKE MORTAL KOMBAT AND SOUL CALIBUR. THOSE GAMES BORING AS HECK. I BEEN PLAYING TEKKEN FOR A LONG TIME AND ITS WAY BETTER THAN ANY FIGHTING GAME OUT THERE. TEKKEN TAG 2 IS GOING TO BE THE BEST GAME EVER. IM USING CHRISTIE AND LAW OR EDDY AND LAW.
ChiefDeebo
Raijin
PSN: PresidentDeebo
XBL: Mayor Deebo
#56 “Quote” Edit Post
I've never liked designs such as lili and alisa, and the rest of the bubbly school girlish infestation. I've always preferred the maturer women designs such as Jun, Kuni, Nina etc. But I guess you would need to consider, the Japanese preference too...

@Rip

I think Namco are considering a make over to be honest, if you see the Tekken 6 endings a lot of the characters died, or appeared to. (Paul, Law, Raven, Jin, Baek, Wang, Alisa). Also with Lars appearing as the new poster boy, it does look like they want to freshen things up.
Signature لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله

(Insert Royal Name)Deebo
SPINMASTER X
Tekken Lord Black
#57 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by daegon15
But why would u want to the game to be easy and fun? Tekken is a mans game that takes concentration and intuition. If you want a fun game and simple game for the brainless them play mortal kombet. no better yet go play mvc. That game is for kids. All you do in that game is button smash and the people do all kinds of crazy dumb shitz like shooting fireballs out their azz and flying the sky and stupid shitz. thank god tekken isn't like that.

WTF? Did you even read my post? I think maybe you pressed the wrong quote button or something because my post clearly was stating I was against all of this easy mode crap.

EmpathicMimicry
War Lord
#58 “Quote” Edit Post
I've wanted Christie (or both of the capos) gone for ages now. Utterly pointless redundant character that has their own character select slot.
Signature Once again, fate brings together those who heed the call...
Rezz
War Lord
PSN: RezzEternal
#59 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah I wouldn't mind some of the characters dieing off, such as:

Alisa
Baek
Bob
Christie or Eddy: one of them needs to die
Ganryu
Kuma AND Panda: both need to die
Roger Jr.

And also change up some of the characteristics of the existing characters. How long is Ling gonna act like a goddamn 4 year old? Nina has had the same exact look from day one (I know they explain it in the story but I'm just sayin). Get rid of the excess characters and give some of the originals a makeover.
Signature
LP SPARDA
Iron Fist God
PSN: DIGGS-86
#60 “Quote” Edit Post
They need to explain the pics where heihachi is busting 2 asses at once alone. And the one with him and Lars. They don't seem to have that effect where they hit each other and fly away but eat damage without possible advantage ....
Signature http://www.youtube.com/user/Uppercuts718
Ltest vids
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlGn5QBqx-0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRgNJdZgnRA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1mss25Ka4Y