Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Fighting Game Panel
-speedkillz-
6th Dan
#101 “Quote” Edit Post
Less juggles please and i'll be happy

Originally posted by Kazu-Yoshi-girl
I really hope this game will be more about ground fight and strategy rather than launchers and juggles.
I love mind games, I'm indifferent about juggles.

I would love and praise Namco if they manage to balance it somehow.

same here I really do hate what Tekken has become a juggle fest

Last edited by -speedkillz- on Feb 14th, 2012 at 04:29

madman1973
Raijin
#102 “Quote” Edit Post
Today's update at Tekken-Official mentions the upcoming 'new' TTT2 and some new bits for the current version (comic book style hit effects return, Pair Play implemented?). The New TTT2 will be revealed on Saturday, Feb. 18 at AOU2012. TTT2 will 'evolve dramatically with new elements'... man, really hope they do good on this one.

http://web.tekken-net.jp/tag2/news/...mdHlwZT1O303760
Signature Ranks are just fancy words. Records are just numbers.

For me, it's all about Customizations.
Rajibu
Kyu
PSN: RNKxBoA
#103 “Quote” Edit Post
Am I the only one who wants to see Gon again?! LOLOLOL
Signature vs vs vs

FIGHT!
DrBhup666
Deity
#104 “Quote” Edit Post
Ok, here is what I want:

Juggles are ok, as long as the gorund game is also emphasized. It can be managed by making all the launchers only launch on CH. Think about it, it's brilliant. You really deserve to lose 50% of your life if you get launched on CH! This will make the ground game and setups more important, and fishing for CH and the mind game is what is fun!

Maybe they should implement a new bar that would lead to a combo-breaker! Then you can manage the bar to either give a launch on normal hit or use it as combo-breaker. It should only be done once per match (or else we would get a combo-breaker all the time and that would be bad since launching is difficult now).

This would just make new TTT2 totally awesome. Everybody is happy. We would still have long combos, but also a way to break them once, and if we get juggled, it is really our own fault for making a big mistake and get launched on CH.

Also; P2 costumes, recording function in practice mode. Plus ability to actually increase in levels without having to go online (especially when it's this shitty.)

Last edited by DrBhup666 on Feb 14th, 2012 at 09:45

forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
XBL: ForestSkies
#105 “Quote” Edit Post
Holy crap 104 comments! I just commented on how many comments there are!
-speedkillz-
6th Dan
#106 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DrBhup666
Ok, here is what I want:

Juggles are ok, as long as the gorund game is also emphasized. It can be managed by making all the launchers only launch on CH. Think about it, it's brilliant. You really deserve to lose 50% of your life if you get launched on CH! This will make the ground game and setups more important, and fishing for CH and the mind game is what is fun!

Maybe they should implement a new bar that would lead to a combo-breaker! Then you can manage the bar to either give a launch on normal hit or use it as combo-breaker. It should only be done once per match (or else we would get a combo-breaker all the time and that would be bad since launching is difficult now).

This would just make new TTT2 totally awesome. Everybody is happy. We would still have long combos, but also a way to break them once, and if we get juggled, it is really our own fault for making a big mistake and get launched on CH.

Also; P2 costumes, recording function in practice mode. Plus ability to actually increase in levels without having to go online (especially when it's this shitty.)

Personally I feel the only way to emphasize ground game would be to heavily reduce juggle damage/potential that whud FORCE people to not invest in it so much.

I also like the idea of a combo breaker anything to stop Tekken from becoming Marvel vs Capcom 3 (god i hate that spammy game)
jadensoral
Destroyer
#107 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah god, they had better make it so the game remembers your button config for one thing! P1 and P2

And no costumes for player 2? That just makes no sense at all.

A combo breaker would be sweet
Fernandito
Champion
#108 “Quote” Edit Post
do you think they will make each round to finish when you have defeated the two members of the opposite team instead of just one in this update?
IRON LOBSTER
Sansau
#109 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by bob in der bahn
!!!!!!!!!

ps: with knd BLUE SPARKS shotgun!!!

couldn't resist!

Also, even though this is an arcade update, seeing that Soul Calibur V has perfect netcode that makes online feel like offline, TTT2 console should have nothing less than this.
Signature Changs of Ireland...Twice.
atdsutm
Sage
PSN: YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
XBL: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
#110 “Quote” Edit Post

i dont think a person deserves a 50% hp loss from a CH, it is still dependent completely on the move that hits you. i dont want people waving safe magic4s that nets a 50% damage.

=i really think safe hopkicks,magic4s and safe df2 damages should be toned down to 35%

= getting launched by strong launchers and 10frameunsafe df2, very slow safe launchers should net a player around 40% damage

= 50% for those slow ass moves that only CH and slow+12framepunishable launchers. (for example paul's b2 tracking move).

a similar gauge burst mechanic for GG, or a limited burst mechanic in BB should do fine.
Rezz
War Lord
PSN: RezzEternal
#111 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Fernandito
do you think they will make each round to finish when you have defeated the two members of the opposite team instead of just one in this update?

Nope.
IRON LOBSTER
Sansau
#112 “Quote” Edit Post
bring back tech catches
Signature Changs of Ireland...Twice.
AAK
Procrastekkenator
PSN: AAK0924
#113 “Quote” Edit Post
Launch only on CH??? Do you have ANY idea what kind of a turtle fest the game will become? No one will ever bother with moves composed longer frames. It's just going to be a neverending poke marathon.
-speedkillz-
6th Dan
#114 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by AAK
Launch only on CH??? Do you have ANY idea what kind of a turtle fest the game will become? No one will ever bother with moves composed longer frames. It's just going to be a neverending poke marathon.

CH that means on counter right?

ANYTHING to stop the constant juggling im all for it
AAK
Procrastekkenator
PSN: AAK0924
#115 “Quote” Edit Post
You might as well play something like Fight Night or UFC if that's your thing.
jadensoral
Destroyer
#116 “Quote” Edit Post
Nobody knows those games. Just play SCV instead to get a break from juggling
daegon15
1st Dan
#117 “Quote” Edit Post
i recommend playing call of duty moderm warfare 3. it's pretty awesssome. shit gets real while playing COD