Page Splits
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Fighting Game Panel
Di_
SDTEKKENZAIBATSU
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Chris from Modojo has reviewed the latest Tekken game, Tekken 3D: Prime Edition. Is the series' second appearance on Nintendo handhelds worth buying?
Signature In my world, the color red doesn't exist.

Polish Fighting Games Community Manager
Di_
SDTEKKENZAIBATSU
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Signature In my world, the color red doesn't exist.

Polish Fighting Games Community Manager
DrBhup666
Deity
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Well, I have already preordered mine and even though I have T6 on PS3 and PSP, this is a must buy!!

I didn't care too much about the review. The guy manage to say that it's a very bad thing the game doesn't have a story mode. And then he added 'Why then bother beating the game with more than a handful of characters?' Lol. Yeah, we play a fighting game for the story...
kayuza
Warrior
PSN: kayreiko
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
what the reviews aren't saying (and I think should be) is young Heihachi in Prime actually has the move property changes from Tag 2, it's not just a model swap.
Signature kayuza-
DrBhup666
Deity
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by kayuza
what the reviews aren't saying (and I think should be) is young Heihachi in Prime actually has the move property changes from Tag 2, it's not just a model swap.

That is nothing short of amazing in those parts of the world where archades doesn't exist. But most reviews are too stupid or casual to understand the gravity of this.

TTT2 Heihachi alone is the reason enough to play the hell out of T6 Prime!
starman
6th Dan
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Can someone confirm if practise mode has command capture/record mode? Also is online wifi decent? Thanks.
Hidinger
2nd Dan
PSN: Hidinger
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by starman
Can someone confirm if practise mode has command capture/record mode? Also is online wifi decent? Thanks.

I just looked...several times...and I do not see Command Capture anywhere and definently nothing like Record. The best I have been able to find is "command history". "Command History" just shows you at the bottom of the screen what buttons you have been pressing.

So sadly, no command capture/record.

The BIGGEST issue I have had is that you can't change your character during online play. You have to chose a 'favorite' character in your profile. When you go to online play it auto choses that favorite character. If you want to change characters you have to drop back to the main menu, go to profile, then change your 'favorite' character to a new one and then go back to online play and hope to find someone. HORRIBLE mechanic and makes it so that you either have to stay with one character or lose 15 minutes switching.
Signature PSN -- Hidinger
starman
6th Dan
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks for the feedback. No record function is unforgiveable for serious play. Well hopefully namco get it right with ttt2. I already have the psp version, so this version seems kind of a downgrade from that. Shame.
Hidinger
2nd Dan
PSN: Hidinger
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by starman
Thanks for the feedback. No record function is unforgiveable for serious play. Well hopefully namco get it right with ttt2. I already have the psp version, so this version seems kind of a downgrade from that. Shame.

Overall i find that the game feels like it should be much better than the PSP version but it ends up being worse. If you don't have a PSP or if you like the 3d effect (which is cool). Then it would be worth a buy. Sadly it fails when it comes to 'serious' play as we have mentioned above, no record feature for practice and online play is not for serious play (unless you only use one character).

It just feels like it got rushed REALLY bad. The manual doesn't even really explain the card system very well or worse yet how one goes about getting the pallette sway of colors for each character.

I wouldn't call it 'bad' by any means. It just seems incomplete in comparison to the other Tekken games. A good solid patch could make it far better of a game.

The online play makes me miss Tekken 5 BR online.
Signature PSN -- Hidinger