Page Splits 1...<262728
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
anesthetic
1st Dan
XBL: tysonite
#541 “Quote” Edit Post
hey guys i am having a real hard time with the timing of the WM juggle i can get a DF off it but cant launch for shit any tips?
poking starter
Virtuoso
PSN: -
XBL: -
#542 “Quote” Edit Post
wm timing depend on opponet too (i think kuma is easiest , marduk is hardest)

trick is just press ff when wang fully turn back , and no need to close your opponent much just enough range for d1+2 , d/b4,2 will hit
Signature -
anesthetic
1st Dan
XBL: tysonite
#543 “Quote” Edit Post
thanks man but i am curious to know why you think marduk is the hardest?
Arcylis
Destroyer
#544 “Quote” Edit Post
Marduks hit box is weird. He is more difficult for many charcters to juggle.
Signature To all my friends past, present, and future this is the best advice you will ever receive. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." ~Modern variation of The Golden Rule. The Golden Rule was first seen written on the Mahabharata, one of the two great Sanskrit epics. This was around the year 3000BC~ The Golden Rule has been around for over 5000 years and has been assimilated by every major faith the world has ever known.
poking starter
Virtuoso
PSN: -
XBL: -
#545 “Quote” Edit Post
just foud out new combo i hope it wasn't too late

u/f4 , 1+2 b! f+4 ,f+1 , dash d/b2,4,2 = 70 dmg work on all character except kuma
Signature -
Jordyce
The Third Way
PSN: Jordyce
#546 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by poking starter
just foud out new combo i hope it wasn't too late

u/f4 , 1+2 b! f+4 ,f+1 , dash d/b2,4,2 = 70 dmg work on all character except kuma

Yeah that's been around a while, I posted it up back in January. It's alright once you've got the timing down, b+2,1,1+2 is just a little more consistent for the same distance of carry and two less damage.

Last edited by Jordyce on Oct 4th, 2011 at 02:20

Signature www.jordyce.tumblr.com [i tumblr thrice daily, sometimes there's tekken]
www.twitter.com/jordyce [i tweet constantly, but rarely about tekken]
www.youtube.com/jordyce [i watch videos constantly, but rarely post them]
King_2nd
Lone Wolf
#547 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey guys!

I picked up Wang to get the WM feeling again in preparation for TTT2 Ogre and i must say I quite like the character, probably gonna learn him.

Got one question regarding WM to wall, what are the best follow ups after WM to the wall with and without wall splat and techtraps after it if any? Like wm, backthrow W!, ff+2, crossover jump etc..

Edit: another question! Anything guaranteed after 2~b when changing positions at the wall? (opponent faces wall after position change)

Thanks in advance!

K2

Last edited by King_2nd on Oct 30th, 2011 at 13:37

sandilord
Sambo & Senile
PSN: Sandilord
#548 “Quote” Edit Post
WM W! Gives a free 1+2 B!. I always followup with d2 which will leave your opponent FUFA and very vulnerable. You get deadly oki from there so I would never go for anything else in that situation. It's hard to block BnA from there and if the first hit connects, the second is guaranteed. If they try to quickstand you can get a free ws222 in their back and start mixups from there. Ws11 is also a good option.

If WM ends up to the wall, dash in and do f4,1+2,2 which will wallsplat when done from BT, granting the same 1+2 B!, d2 Oki.

Regarding 2~b, nothing is guaranteed. You are at -1~2 so usually it's best to backdash and react to your opponent. Most opponents will try to duck away from the 1+2 autobackthrow.
Signature
King_2nd
Lone Wolf
#549 “Quote” Edit Post
Hi Sandi, ty for the wm info will try it!

Regarding 2~b if I understand correctly nothing is guaranteed but it is a 50/50 guess if you go for bt followup (opponent has to duck away to evade throw)/low crush mid (opponent has to turn around to block the mid)? Also, if you bd, and instantly do a mid wall splat move (DF, f3, etc) is it fast enough to hit when they duck away?

Groeten,

K2
sandilord
Sambo & Senile
#550 “Quote” Edit Post
It's not even a 50/50 because opponents can just turn away from the throw if I remember right. You can only catch them if they're napping.
After your initial question I used it some more and if I don't bd far enough I still get hit by BT d4. So you have to do a pretty big backdash and if they attack punish with df21 or f22/DF at the wall.
You'll be too slow if you bd and DF a turning opponent, they'll have time enough to block it.

Ik hoop dat je er iets mee kan, laters!
Signature
King_2nd
Lone Wolf
#551 “Quote” Edit Post
Shame about the 2~b but well at least he still has the 10f switch sides option that is not a throw.

Regarding combos after W! with opponent bt I agree 1+2 B! d+2 is the most solid option. He has some jump crossover techroll catchers but they're so angle dependant that I would say it makes it impossible to implement in real game.

BTW, I don't know if this info is common knowledge or not (guess I've been away for too long ) but the first d/f command of wm can be buffered into any movement as long as it contains a d/f. Let's say you want to buffer wm into bd you do hcb~b~d/f2+4 or cc into wm with qcf~d/f2+4 etc...just in case somebody didn't know.

Cheers, K2
y2kooij
7th Dan
PSN: makehp150
#552 “Quote” Edit Post
Anyone know the requirements for 1+2(B)(W!) b+2,1 , d/df + 2 (headshot critical deathfist) to hit? I have been able to do it fairly consistently now but every now and then it seems like it simply can't connect. I'm thinking it has to do with height of the wallsplat pre-bound but more likely i think it has to do with the timing of the b+2,1 (you have to input perfectly not only the death-fist but also you gotta input the b+2,1 perfectly. Id be interested if there is a surefire way to know if you can stick it or not.
Signature i go hard in the paint
GosTanMan
Berserker
#553 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by y2kooij
Anyone know the requirements for 1+2(B)(W!) b+2,1 , d/df + 2 (headshot critical deathfist) to hit? I have been able to do it fairly consistently now but every now and then it seems like it simply can't connect. I'm thinking it has to do with height of the wallsplat pre-bound but more likely i think it has to do with the timing of the b+2,1 (you have to input perfectly not only the death-fist but also you gotta input the b+2,1 perfectly. Id be interested if there is a surefire way to know if you can stick it or not.

Its more advisable to just use f+1, DF at the wall.
y2kooij
7th Dan
#554 “Quote” Edit Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_TleoG1ZaA

found out a trap messing around in practice mode. works well ive got it to work on a few good players
sandilord
Sambo & Senile
#555 “Quote” Edit Post
Thx a lot for this setup. Not something you find every day and it's so good! Especially since it provides a dangerous choice for opponents because if they stay down or tech the wrong way they can get hit or launched by f1+2+3.
Signature
y2kooij
7th Dan
#556 “Quote” Edit Post
exactly ;] there some other good options if you hit with that same launcher and d/f 11 bound and the space smack the ground on the bound
sandilord
Sambo & Senile
#557 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by y2kooij
exactly ;] there some other good options if you hit with that same launcher and d/f 11 bound and the space smack the ground on the bound
i don't really get the last part of what you're saying. But you say there are more good options...care to share them?
Signature