Page Splits
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
XBL: forest16
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
I decided to count them down. No peeking!

10. db+3
Stiletto Heel
Better VS standing than d+2. 20f, the same as d+2, it is -13 on block, it has no crush at all, Nina is standing up straight the whole time. But it is +6 on hit and on counter-hit, and it forces the opponent to crouch on hit, what is called a Knee Stun. df+2 is uninterruptable after db+3 hits!

9. df,df+1
Elbow Smash
A throw in my top ten moves? Why not? If you land this throw at the wall, you can df+1, 1+4 for a wall bound, or if they stay down, d+3,d+4 will allow Nina to get the setups and mixups from that move at the wall, like leaping UF to crossup the opponent as they rise. I like this move much, MUCH more than uf+1+2, which can be teched to make the throw only 20 points, which is peanuts in terms of damage. Out in the open stage, after df,df+1, use d+2, d+4,1 etc. or df+1, df+3,2 etc. to combo reset! uf+3 to crush anything they might try. This throw is scary, especially at the wall, since it does not position change on hit or on break. And this is yet another one of Nina's moves that was worse in past Tekken games. I was playing Tekken 4 the other day and I saw with my own eyes her df,df+1 throw did only 33 points in Tekken 4. Now it does 43, and there is no option to reduce the damage like with uf+1+2. Yeah, I know uf+1+2 does 50 points with a wall hit, but there is no OKI, Nina is at a major frame disadvantage after that. One tactic I use is alot of df+1s and standing basic 1's in quick succession, and then bust out df,df+1 when they are confused. Then when they get straight up, immediately use another df,df+1! I got a laugh out of Galen when I did that to him They can roll to the side to avoid the next df,df+1 or df+1 combo reset, so if they do that, f,f dash to correct any off axis issues and QCF+2, which will launch if they get up and do not hold back to block, and will hit them on the ground. QCF+2 does 28 points and f,f+1+2 does 31, and f,f+1+2 is not a launcher and is much worse on block at -19 instead of -10. One thing about this throw is that it looks alot like a 1+3 LP break grab. So if your opponent insists on trying to break your 1+2 break df,df+1, mix it up with 1+3 or df+1+3, which does 2 points more damage than 1+3. But both 1+3 and df+1+3 will position change.

8. b+1+4
Reverse Ivory Cutter
16 frames, great range, -17 on block, this is in my opinion one of the best 16f punishers in Tekken 6 BR. While it is quite punishable, what would Nina be without this move? Much worse, that's what.

7. SS+1
Snakeshot
I am by no means an expert when it comes to SS+1, but I do know that this move is one of Nina's top ten moves for sure. 18 points, cancel it by holding back, then sidestepping up to another SS+1 and another. I believe Galen said it is 14 frames at the fastest execution possible? I had the computer opponent hop kick me in-between SS+1s, it was Jin on Arcade mode right before facing Azazel, but it is something to note that they can hop kick in-between SS+1s if you are too slow. 18 points is pretty good damage. Just keep in mind that df+4 is faster at 12 frames and also does 18 points and has more range.

6. SS+2
Lift Shot
Galen shows me every time we play that you can sidestep, wait for them to whiff a move, then press 2 for a full launch with this whiff confirm method. There is a way to quickly cancel a sidestep with another sidestep I learned that any character, not just Nina, can perform. Quickly input:
u,N,b,ub,u,N,b,ub,u,N
or
d,N,b,db,d,N,b,db,d,N
or
u,N,f,uf,u,N,f,uf,u,N
or
d,N,b,df,f,N,d,df,f,N
It looks like a Hyashida step, but it isn't. After each sidestep, for as long as two seconds, which is a very long time in Tekken, you can press 2 for SS+2 and a launch. Your ability to use SS+2 is dictated by how well you can do the multi sidestep.

5. f+3
Siren's Kiss
+6 on block, does not jail on block, but Nina's 14f punisher, at 35 points, knocks down and wall splats to her left side. FYI, db+2 wall splats towards Nina's right side for a wall splat the opposite way. f+3 can punish big power moves like another Nina's f+1+2, and f+3 does 7 points more damage than 1+4 and 1+4 does not knock down whatsoever and 1+4 is 15f, slower. Oh yeah, and on counter-hit it is a full launch.

4. uf+3
Catapult Kick
I use this move SO much. 24 points, 14 frames, mid, knocks down and wall splats, only -10, so a spot on jab string is all they can get on block. A little known fact about Nina's uf+3 is that it crushes earlier in the move than generic hop kicks do. So if you are at a frame disadvantage, like after hitting d+2, uf+3 will still low crush as reliable as a rock. It tracks a tiny bit to her left, too!

3. df+4
Basic Front Kick
18 points, 12 frames, -4 on block with big pushback, +7 on hit and on counter-hit. This move has decent range, unlike most of Nina's moves, and the damage VS speed ratio is good. Another great thing about this move? In the words of Bronson Tran, "It is mid and only mid." What that means is it can not get punished at all whatsoever on block. With df+4's pushback, it allows for a mid to long range follow up mixup with either 1+4 as a mid option with range or d+2 as a low option with crush, but you might need to tap forward to get into range to use d+2, just something to note.

2. df+1,2
Uppercut to Jab
This is her main move, you might say. Jails on block, 13 frames, -3 on block, +2 on hit, +9 on counter-hit. df+1,2 followed by df+1,2 followed by df+1,2 CAN be interrupted by a standing basic 10 frame jab by the enemy, though, if you do the math. Some characters' standing 4s, at 11f, might be able to counter Nina in-between df+1,2s, also. It is not a be all end all move, but it IS very good, and better than df+3,2, which is 14f and does not jail. BUT df+3,2 is +1 on block and +2 on hit and +12 on counter-hit. FYI, df+1 by itself is a great tool to use in conjunction with her standing basic 1 and 2 and the jab strings from 1 and 2 like 1,2,1 and 2,3:1+2. But df+1 is -1 on block, so df+1 followed by another df+1 has the potential to be interrupted by a magic 4 or a jab string or maybe even a hop kick might trade hits with the next df+1. Hop kicks are so weird in Tekken 6 BR. After df+1,2 is blocked, I like to use a crush move like uf+3, which knocks down, or d+4,1 or d+3,2, which both high crush.

1. df+2
Basic Uppercut
These days, people on the forums get so techical with crush and frame advantage and mids VS highs and so on and so on and what about this setup and does it jail on block oh it does that is good blah blah blah blah. JUST LAUNCH THEM! Nina's df+2 is simple: 15 frames, launches standing and on counter-hit VS crouching, and it is -7 on block. Nina's WS+2 also has very short range, so if you block Bryan's Snake Edge, you might want to do f,f~DF+2 instead of WS+2. WS+2 is also 15 frames, though.

Notable omittions:
I can only fit the best moves into the top ten. Here are some moves that narrowly missed being in my Nina top ten moves.

standing basic 4
18 points, 11 frames, -3 on block, +8 on hit, and on counter-hit, do either f,f+1 or f,f,d+4,1 to get a full combo to the wall! Good after hitting a df+1,2, since it is uninterruptable. This move just missed the top ten list because it seems like if you get a counter hit magic 4, it does not mean you will be able to always get a full combo. It is very challenging to get a combo at all sometimes.

d+2 Cutthroat
It is so bad on hit and db+3 is only 1 frame worse on block at -13. 18 points, 20 frames, recovers crouching, -6 on hit, -12 on block. Unlike db+3, d+2 has crush. d+2 is the move Nina should use VS grounded. Nina can get a reset off of it VS rolling by dong d+4,1 as a combo. Be careful when using it VS standing, though. While it is safer on block than db+3, the -6 on hit means you can not follow it up with anything except a crush move like d+4,1 or uf+3, or a b,B backdash to block, unless you are willing to take a risk. Still, I think d+2 is harder to see than db+3. You can use the second hit of Cutthroat, d+2,3, to try to counter their retaliation though, but it is a high and is therefore launchable, but is -8 on block. The second hit knocks down on normal hit.

FC df+4 Wipe the Floor
26 points, lots of tracking and crush, 26 frames, not too bad when it comes to speed, and you can combo another FC df+4 after it hits or SS up crouch cancel and d+2 for a reset attempt and/or OTG hit. Note that I notate it as FC df+4 and not as d,DF+4 like the official movelist notates it as. In reality, I believe that this move's execution is alot like Law's slide. If you hold down to crouch and then press DF from crouching, Nina does a mini crouch dash, the same way Law does right before his slide. It is during this mini crouch dash that Nina does her Wipe the Floor. It only takes maybe a couple of frames to go into crouch, so no big deal.

uf+1 Skull Splitter
Slow at 26 frames, but only -5 on block, WITH PUSHBACK. Take note that uf+1 does have pushback, so SS+2 will likely miss as a crouch cancel followup as a result of the pushback from uf+1. WS+1 or yet another uf+1 are good followups and should always reach.

uf+2,1 Binding Whip
Hit confirmable, 18 frames, and even if you mess up the hit confirmation, it is only -13. But it is also a bound move, so bound is automatically used as it launches, so you must adjust your combo.

db+3+4 Divine Cannon
This is for when you are outside of b+1+4's range. 19 frames and -16. I personally think it does not have ANY crush whatsoever though, which really sucks because I used to be able to crush jabs with db+3+4, at the very least. I might just f,f dash and b+1+4 instead, TBH, or uf+1 or even use f,f+3 instead. Without the crush, the usefulness of this move is very diminished. But, if they whiff an unblockable, by all means use it, lol.

QCF+2 Shut Up
Aside from having a cool name, it does 28 points, is only -10 on block, hits grounded, is a full juggle starter, has lots of crush, AND it looks damn cool, too. I prefer this move over f,f+1+2 VS grounded, personally, since if they do get up, Nina gets a full combo to the wall instead of just a 31 point knockdown. f,f+1+2 is not even in my notable mentions, since it is so awful on block. In Tekken Tag 2, the fully charged version is supposedly plus on block though, so that is good.

d+3,2 Left Spin Low Kick to Right Upper
With great risk comes great reward! This badly named crush move offers a full juggle combo on counter-hit. 16 frames, the same speed as db+4,3, but much more range, and it is better on block by one frame, -15f rather than db+4,3's -16f.

db+2 Right Backhand Body Blow
24 points of damage, very slow at 24f, but it is a homing move, knocks down and wall splats on normal hit, and on counter-hit it launches. -11 on block is good too.

df+1+2 Ray Hands
11 points of damage, but it is a homing move, 16f, -4 on bock with big pushback.

uf+4,3,4 Can Opener
18 frames and crush, if the first hit is a counter-hit, the other 2 hits are guaranteed for a 60 point combo and +5 frames! Personally, I do not use the SS cancel very much, but the option is always there, it is great to use the cancel, too. This move is a major reason why I started to play as Nina, and Can Opener is even better than it used to be in old Tekkens, just like SS+2. The first hit, uf+4, used to always knock down, making the other two hits whiff.

1+4 Ivory Cutter
28 points, 15f, -6 on block with Knee Stun, +3 on hit. Good range, homing properties. I look at 1+4 like Bruce's b+4,3 knees in Tekken Tag 1. Good to just throw out there for a mid,mid attack with safety. I do not recommend following it up with much of anything f it is blocked though, unless you plan to crush them with a SS+2 or uf+3 or a crushing low. Remember, hop kicks can be performed from crouching!

f,f+4 Kneel Kick
24 or 36 points (range dependent), 29 frames, -11 on block when Nina tech rolls it to avoid damaging herself. I like this move, what can I say. It has good range.

HCF,DB+2+3 Evil Mist
It does zero points of damage, it is an unblockable high move that inflicts an escapable stagger. f,f,f, uf+2,1 is always guaranteed in the open stage though, I believe, even if they escape the stun and fall to the ground.

WS+1 Fluttering Butterfly
16 points, 13 frames from crouching. Nina can use this move in combos with some pretty trippy results. Its extension is a high,high double punch that knocks down and wall splats. WS+1 has good range. WS+1,1+2 is not hit confirmable though.

WS b+1 Helping Hand
At only 14 frames, -4 on block and +7 on normal hit, on normal hit it does 15 points and is one frame slower than WS+1. But on counter-hit, they are sunned and Nina can bound them right away with uf+2,1 for a full juggle to the wall!

b+2,2,2 Backhand Combo
At 12 frames, this move is good at the wall because it is a 3-hit string, allowing you to counter-hit confirm it for a wall splat, and if you do not get the counter-hit, you can SS cancel the final hit into her SS+1 cancel wall game.

d+4,1 Right Low Kick to Back Spin Chop
An instant crush, it is a combo on counter hit, can be cancelled with a sidestep. Good after getting a move blocked to get some damage. It does not jail, but I like this move just the same.

Anyways, this list was a long time in coming. I hope people enjoy it.

Last edited by forest16 on Jan 24th, 2012 at 03:29

forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Johnnay
my top 10(in no order)

d/f+1,2
d/b+3
d/f+3,2
b+1+4
f+3
1+4
ss+2
d/f+1
d/b+2
ss+1

her new moves.. still not sure if i would put them in the list though as i havent played the game yet.
Maybe I should have put 1+4 in my top ten? I have been using 1+4 an awful lot lately. It has more range and damage than df+4. You use db+2 alot? What do you think of uf+1? I keep getting hit by lows when in midair with uf+1! Looks super weird when it happens. In past tekkens, f,f+3 was a great move, too bad it is so bad on block in 6. Nobody likes QCF+2? FFS, they nerfed it is Tag 2, use it while you can.
*Lady_Prodigy*
Kyu
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
For some reason I find d/b 3 quite unsafe at close range. Is it just me?
Signature Like a boss
|Galen|
In iWS1 I trust!
PSN: Galen-SDT
XBL: Galen SDT
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
d/b+3 is only -13... that's definitely quite unsafe, BUT you can't just throw it out. You have to have your opponent blocking otherwise you're going to eat CH.
Signature In iWS1 I trust!
Battle Jitni- @Galen: (imagine that's a middle finger instead)
Mr. Taxi- "Galen, I don't consider you an Anna player. I have this theory that all Anna players like penis. So until you S a D you aren't an Anna player"
Dilly a couple months after he found out he was expecting- "Galen, Sith, in 9 months I'm challenging you both to diaper matches. Loser buys diapers for the winner. "
Vexion
Iron Fist God
PSN: VexionOFFICIAL
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm gonna try that number 10! I normally never use Stiletto Heel, but I'll play around with it and see what happens...it does seem like it would leave her wide if missed or blocked.
Signature ~Vexion
|Galen|
In iWS1 I trust!
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Vexion
I'm gonna try that number 10! I normally never use Stiletto Heel, but I'll play around with it and see what happens...it does seem like it would leave her wide if missed or blocked.

It's only -13 if it's blocked... You're not going to eat 50% unless your back is to a wall.
Mr. Taxi- "Galen, I don't consider you an Anna player. I have this theory that all Anna players like penis. So until you S a D you aren't an Anna player"
Dilly a couple months after he found out he was expecting- "Galen, Sith, in 9 months I'm challenging you both to diaper matches. Loser buys diapers for the winner. "
Vexion
Iron Fist God
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by |Galen|
It's only -13 if it's blocked... You're not going to eat 50% unless your back is to a wall.

Cool does this move work as a pickup when your opponent hits the ground?
Signature ~Vexion
|Galen|
In iWS1 I trust!
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
It CAN catch back rollers and act as a reset if it's timed properly BUT you have to be off axis right and it's not very reliable in terms of picking up someone.
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
I think they buffed db+3's damage, made it -13 again, and it knocks down on counter in Tag 2 Unlimited, so db+3 is kinda stupidly godlike now?
Vexion
Iron Fist God
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
That's a really weird feature for such a simple move to have. Does it knock down like Lili's db + 4 does?
Signature ~Vexion
rookie01
6th Dan
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
no b4 in at least top 15? Safe, fast, b1+4 guaranteed on CH for a very damaging juggle and free 1,2 jabs on wall on normal hit, animation pretty looks like df4 imo . Down side is its high. But it comes out of nowhere, recovers fast its barely seeable to WS punish imo, very good in CH fishing imo. I use it a lot! When i use b4 and i see that lightning spark on CH, im like YESSSS!! Lol! Im wondering now, does it have a pushback on block? And does it track?
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by rookie01
no b4 in at least top 15? Safe, fast, b1+4 guaranteed on CH for a very damaging juggle and free 1,2 jabs on wall on normal hit, animation pretty looks like df4 imo . Down side is its high. But it comes out of nowhere, recovers fast its barely seeable to WS punish imo, very good in CH fishing imo. I use it a lot! When i use b4 and i see that lightning spark on CH, im like YESSSS!! Lol! Im wondering now, does it have a pushback on block? And does it track?
I think the ch b+4 to b+1+4 combo is too high risk. Of you mess it up you will totally die, dude, they have all day to launch you. But, there is always a spark on counter, not with rage?

The ch b+4, b+1+4 combo might also miss if they are out of range for b+1+4, which can also happen.

b+4 is -7 on block I believe, while f+3 is +5 or something on block.

I personally never use b+4, but I could see how it could be good.
rookie01
6th Dan
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by forest16
I think the ch b+4 to b+1+4 combo is too high risk. Of you mess it up you will totally die, dude, they have all day to launch you. But, there is always a spark on counter, not with rage?

The ch b+4, b+1+4 combo might also miss if they are out of range for b+1+4, which can also happen.

b+4 is -7 on block I believe, while f+3 is +5 or something on block.

I personally never use b+4, but I could see how it could be good.

i dont know, it doesn't seem to whiff in my experience unless timing is off. b4 will not CH if it is out of range does it? Please correct me if im wrong. I like f3 too! Frame advantage on block, juggles on hit. Both are good moves. It all boils down to personal preference i guess. Still, great choices forest! Ive been watching your videos in which you play against Galen ever since i picked Nina, you know, scouting strategies, set ups etc etc awesome matches!
Vexion
Iron Fist God
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
btw I think the programmers could've done way better with Nina's reverse Ivory Cutter :/ I mean I personally think that the move should be executed faster like the first one because this move is completely unsafe...
Signature ~Vexion