Page Splits <12
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Pixel
Xiaoyu & Raven
PSN: NinthPixel
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
I disagree with a characters reduction. Anyone that says that should be willing to put their character's head on the chopping block first. Move reduction is a better option than removing characters entirely for the sake of being an easier learning experience for new players.
Signature I play on a Hit Box ( http://hitboxarcade.com )
I may be garbage, but I am the leakiest garbage you will ever take out to the dumpster.
HouseofMC
2nd Dan
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Character reduction is needed at this point. I forget which VGF podcast it was, but one of the guest said you could start to cut down on characters when that character is "complete" with moves. Then you can bring that character back for a tag game or something. That way you have room for fresh faces and still keep the cast manageable. I have no idea who would make the cut. That's something no one will agree on. But I really liked the ideas of more learning and tutorial videos early in the games life. The Level Up Your Game series and VGF and others have helped me a lot. More of the community working together to educate new players could only help the scene grow. We as a community should plan for this with the release of TTT2. Spread the knowledge.
noodalls
PSN: noodalls
VargasTheSick
Tekken God
PSN: VargasTheSick
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Not hard to remove the trash characters. Every female aside from Nina and Anna. Get rid of Bob, Eddy, Miguel and moron Lars. Done and done.

Namco really does have the Eastern part of the world in mind when they make Tekken. North America, really is pretty lazy, and don't want to put in the time to learn a 50 + command list for the character cast. They want shit like Street Fighter, with 5 moves, and the only in-depth thing you need to worry about is character match ups, and cancels.
Signature " Come back when you've learned how to fight. "
3L1
PSN: TKM_3L1
XBL: Threeli
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
The whole custom moveset thing is a decent compromise I think. That way you can at least have the odd tournament where custom chars are allowed. Although, the dev's are probably terrified of having another T4.
HouseofMC
2nd Dan
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm going to buy TTT2 and try to teach more people about ins and outs of Tekken. It's going to be new and shinny and that will bring in new blood. But the hard part will be keeping people interested for the long haul. If this game fades quickly, maybe Tekken X StreetFighter will be the game that pulls in numbers. Tekken 4 was the game I started in. I thought it was awesome( without Jin). If Jin was not the broken character he was, would that game would of last longer? It was way different then past Tekkens. Does Namco try to change Tekken again?
Rip
Level Up Your Game
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
Tekken Tag 2 is still fun and I think people will still play it when it hits console. There are doubts that the games audience will grow drastically, but you never know. Tekken 3DS is still basically Tekken 6, so I assume Tekken Wii U is as well. If people are still learning Tekken 6, they have a year to get themselves ready for Tag 2.

I think Namco lucked out that they have Tekken x Street Fighter lined up next. It gives them a chance to cut the cast / movelist down and experiment with as many new ideas as they want. Looking forward to it.

@Pixel - I agree our first vid went into frames too fast. In our defense.. it was our first video haha. Appreciate the criticism though (even if its 2 years after the fact )
Signature DSS~ WHAAAAAA!!! Too buff, too swoll. Phoenix too strong.
JUUUUUUUUNKKKKYAAAAAAAARDDD!!!
levelupyourgame.com | LEVEL UP YOUR GAME | Tekken - Throw Break Trainer - by Rip | LUYG APP for iPhone & for Android
ReNikon
Insult Vampire
PSN: renikon
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DrBhup666 In TTT2, most hopkicks are -13, not -12 like they were in T6. Mishimas can launch you.
What are you talking about? Everything you said here is wrong. Please stop posting false information. Majority of hopkicks are still -12, and only Kaz can launch at i13.

Last edited by ReNikon on Jan 27th, 2012 at 19:41

Signature TeamBonklers
Kane
afternoon tea tea 2
PSN: emily_rochefort
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
he's half right. most of the hopkicks in tt2 are -13. only kazuya can potentially launch u.
Signature ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 👯 ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠ )ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
ReNikon
Insult Vampire
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
Interesting, if so my apologies. Well, half an apology. Can I get some examples? Only characters I found with -13 hopkicks are King, Lei and Asuka, although the information might not be up to date.
Signature TeamBonklers
DrBhup666
Deity
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by ReNikon
Interesting, if so my apologies. Well, half an apology. Can I get some examples? Only characters I found with -13 hopkicks are King, Lei and Asuka, although the information might not be up to date.

Add to that list: Lili, Law, Bruce etc etc.. It's a well known fact now that most of the hopkicks are more unsafe this time around.

Last edited by DrBhup666 on Jan 27th, 2012 at 21:46

Kane
afternoon tea tea 2
PSN: emily_rochefort
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Kane
btw, here is a list of chars whose hopkicks have changed to -13:

jin, asuka, lili, ling, feng, lei, law, steve [-14 before?], king, yoshi, wang, bruce, baek, miguel
Signature ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 👯 ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠ )ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
ReNikon
Insult Vampire
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
Buffed Miguel's? ~_~
Signature TeamBonklers
SPINMASTER X
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: SMX-001
XBL: SPINMASTER X
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
And this review is further proof that the Tekken series has completely gone down the tubes. The standing mental game has slowly disappeared with each incarnation and eventually it's just gonna be totally gone. Nothing but juggles juggles juggles is what's in store for all of us. And don't give me the "oh Tekken has always been about juggles" cuz there is much much more to Tekken than juggles.

I've stuck with Tekken since the beginning but this is where we part. SMH
Signature Feng Wei: The sixth deadly venom.

"The word kenpō is a Japanese translation of the Chinese word "qu?nfǎ"

"In Japanese martial arts, kenpō is used to designate Chinese martial arts, (much as the term kung fu is used in English-speaking countries)"
SupraDoom
PSN: DooM-
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
This review was rather depressing, but so true. I've been playing the same people over and over for like 7 years now.... Tekken isn't bringing anyone new.
DrBhup666
Deity
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SupraDoom
This review was rather depressing, but so true. I've been playing the same people over and over for like 7 years now.... Tekken isn't bringing anyone new.

It's mainly because Tekken is too complex. You gotta actually study the game in order to learn it, you cannot just play it and automatically get better. (You can do that to, but it's much more difficult.) Now who in their right mind want to do tidious chore when they wnat to have fun?

Also, the uberhuman reflexes needed to play fighting games in general are frustrating, and it just gets worse when so many arbitrary difficulties are put in a game in addition, like the basic concept of safe movement in Tekken. I bet only a percentage og all those who play Tekken are able to break throws. an i12 move that you are suppose to see whichever hand comes out in order t break??! Gimme a frikin' break!!

And lets not forget that you have to know which of your own and your opponents moves gives whatever frames. You have to know where a move hits because it's impossible to actaully see where it hits. Moves looking like high can be mids and moves looking like mids can be low. Some move doesn't seem to touch and still make a hit, other times a move just goes through a chracter because it just wasn't suppose to hit because of whatever algorithm they put in the game.

This is only the tip of the iceberg. Does Harada really think newcomers want to put in all this effort before they can enjoy the game at even intermediate level???
DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
PSN: dropkick_br
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DrBhup666
This is only the tip of the iceberg. Does Harada really think newcomers want to put in all this effort before they can enjoy the game at even intermediate level???

And yet, football, an aggressive violent and complicated game that require a decent physical strength and mental disciple to play is being played and enjoyed by everyone in the US... yet none play it rigorously outside the US...

No offense, all your cases about this game being too complex and complicated is moot. The real problem actually is the "arcades" which serves as the football field/basketball court of sorts. Actually, we don't need a arcade, we need a community. Football is a complicated and dangerous game, yet people play it because of its team spirit...

Speaking of teams, another problem is people have too individualistic way to grow as players here. What I observed back home in the Philippines (on why Tekken is growing rapidly over there) is people grow better when they are together, and they battle other people as clans/teams, just like any other sport. Even the weaker part of the clan gets great experience while not being burdened to carry the team, hence he grows and loves the game. Here, we try to build a community, but when tourneys come, we let new players swim alone in the sharks, and of course it will result in shattered confidence, and only the same people will end up on the top.

As I think about it more, EVO needs to organize Tekken tourneys as 3-vs-3 ala Tekken Crash.
Signature : Steve, you will not go and hang out to those joke characters Paul and Law anymore.
: Mom! Since I joined this tourney I didn't have a chance to have friends!
: I'm telling you. Don't hang out with them anymore and that's FINAL!
*Steve looks sad*
: Steve, Look at your auntie, she's a joke. Do you want to be like her?
DrBhup666
Deity
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DEATH

Speaking of teams, another problem is people have too individualistic way to grow as players here. What I observed back home in the Philippines (on why Tekken is growing rapidly over there) is people grow better when they are together, and they battle other people as clans/teams, just like any other sport.

Very true! Fighting games thrives best in archades, or at least in a vibrant community. It is a very competitve genre!