Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
PSN: Forest613
XBL: ForestSkies
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Post what moves you think are Bruce's Top 10 Moves!
aasii
War Lord
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
i ll give number 1 position to ws3 this time
Signature The CHAMP is here

ChadymaC1
Deity
PSN: Chadymac01
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
What does Bruce's ws3 look like in TTT2 aasii?
And what does it do?
Signature Tekken player from Bohol, Philippines. Much respect to everyone.
Adnanish
Whiff and die trying
PSN: Adnanish
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by ChadymaC1
What does Bruce's ws3 look like in TTT2 aasii?
And what does it do?

1:08
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK5HuCaaDSs

although Asim did db214, its confirmed by Aviax that you can get a faceplant B! by df4f1 after ws3.
Oh and ws3 just need a normal hit to make opponent crumble and is safe on block
Signature
Fal
Shihan
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
omg thx for that you just made me very happy sir
mianmazhar
Kyu
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
bruce irvin is my typical player since tekken 2....and in ttt2 my main player is Bruce...his ws3 is very common move...ws3, d34 (MT) f1 B! (any standard hits)
Signature Mazhar Nawaz, Faisalabad
Arrogant1
Kyu
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey all my lovely Bruce fans! I recently dropped a character specific Bruce guide on Gamefaqs.com. Being that you're in this forum you may know a lot of what I wrote about but if you're like me, finding one thing you didn't know makes it worth the read. Check it out sometime and I appreciate any feedback and tips you have to share.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/652997-...urnament-2/faqs

-TheF8Spinner
Arrogant1
Kyu
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
I don't believe there can be an "order" per se, but if I had to make a list of Bruce's top 10 it would be...

1). b+2
2). 1,4,3
3). d+4
4). 3
5). 3,2~f
6). CD+3 and CD+2
7). 4
8). b+1+2
9). WR 2,1
10). u/f+3+4

It's really hard for me to make lists like these bc so many moves are situation dependant. I could've easily included running 3; f,f+3; SS 1+2; or FC d/f+4!
Keeper of the CRANE
DEATH by METAL
PSN: Zakillah
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
You need to mention b,f+4!!
HFX
2nd Dan
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Hoping to see replies from seasoned Bruce players who have played TTT2. Maybe even a little explanation for each move on why they think they belong in the list? Heck, no need to even limit to 10 moves. haha

Of course, the keyword here is "hope"... I know its not any of their obligations to do so.
Signature Tekken Beginner (Bruce/Miguel)
Team FRB Japan
aviax
Blu Blazer Irregular
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by HFX
Hoping to see replies from seasoned Bruce players who have played TTT2. Maybe even a little explanation for each move on why they think they belong in the list? Heck, no need to even limit to 10 moves. haha

Of course, the keyword here is "hope"... I know its not any of their obligations to do so.

I don't know where I fall on the 'seasoned Bruce players' scale, and I'm going to go the opposite direction for the moment - here's one move/string I think many could benefit by adding to their game:

d_d/b+3...

The strings that start off with this move all have their uses, and you might want look into how they could fit into your game.

d+3,4(stance) - mainly useful in juggles. Still, it is an NCC, although the NCC status stops at that point (d+3,4,2 is NOT NCC, for example). It needs to be kept in mind because it allows Bruce to turn many of his partners' unrecoverable stuns (either slow crumple forward or side crumple) into TCs:

(example w/Bryan leading)

b+2(CH)_b+2,1,5, d+3,4,f+1~5, (b+2,1,4), cd+3+4,3+4 (more than 120 with the b+2,1 starter)

(another couple of examples - Kaz leading)

d/f+2(CH),5, d+3,4,f+1(B!), 3cd1, 3cd1, 3cd2 (84 damage - no red bar)
d/f+2(CH),5, d+3,4,f+1~5, (cd+4,1), cd+3+4,3+4 (99 damage - 45 red left)

And here are two more examples showing how d+3,4 is good for Bruce himself - Bruce leading, with Kaz:

b+1+2~5, EWGF~5, d+3,4+f+1(B!), 3cd1, u/f+3+4 (83 damage - no red)
b+1+2~5, EWGF~5, d+3,4+f+1~5, (cd+4,1), cd+3+4,3+4 (105 - 45 red)

Neither of these would be possible without d+3,4~MTS.

...and all of this so far is leaving aside the fact that it 'launcher-ifies' ws+2,1_SSR+4,1...

d/b+3,4... can be used in juggles, but I get more use out of d/b+3,4~f. This is NCC, too, and the slight evasiveness of the d/b+3 version can make this really work, if you set it up right. Ideally, be at or near 0 FA and about jab distance from your opponent in such a way that your opponent is likely to attack. If you're fighting a Mishima, I wouldn't try this, but against many other characters, the d/b+3 will get make many of their faster moves whiff, and their slower moves that would get CH by the 3. Remember that this is a tag launcher, and certain partners examples: Jack, Kaz) can send it right back to Bruce to continue the juggle as a no-red-bar tag combo:

(with Jack as partner)

d/b+3,4~f~5, f,f+1+2~5 d+3,4,f+1(B!), 3cd1, u/f+3+4 (98 - no red)
d/b+3,4~f~5, f,f+1+2~5 d+3,4,f+1~5, (2,1,2), cd+3+4,3+4 (117 - 42 red)

(or straight TC_TA with Jack)

d/b+3,4~f~5, f+4, f,f+1, f,f,F+4, b+3,2,2 (102 - no red)
d/b+3,4~f~5, f+4, f,f+1~5 ((d/f+3),1), f,f,F+4, b+3,2,2 (117 - 48 red)

I'll finish my discussion of this by just pointing out that d+3,4,2_3_1,4 can be good juggle fillers/wall carry, too.

... and then I'll give lie to my opening statement, and briefly mention another move I get a lot of use out of - b+1,2_1_>1_n. This move is great for pressuring an opponent who wants to tag. The first two hits are safe on block - especially so given that the last attack is delayable. It also has a decent amount of 'lunge' to it, meaning that unless they are already farther away than jab distance, you can use this to close the gap and then keep them guessing as to what you will do next - another b+1,2? d+4? throw attempt? a delayed 1 finisher? The fact that these are elbow attacks is just icing on the cake.

...All right, one last one that I think deserves mention: 1+3~5. Your partner should be able to tag some kind of damage onto this throw as oki, or you could try to hit 'em as they get up - your partner will come in such that the opp is FUHT, meaning if you time your interruption of their attempt to get up correctly, they will be BT'ed. I know it's just a basic throw, but... And the fact that it means Bruce can tag out with either a 1 or a 2 throw is nice, too.
Signature Autocrat1: "Default winning animation: Bryan punching face, minus punching just twerking"
My reply: OK, but only if they give him back his laugh and 'DIE!' during it.

handle: 六鬼袋《`》武雷庵
QuarterHungaryn
Virtuoso
PSN: QuarterHungarian
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
b+2
d+4
cd+3
b+1,2<1 ch confirm
3<3
uf+3+4
ws+2,1
don't know what to include for #10.. bf+4 is good on paper but hard to hit in a match because of it's speed and retarded alignment issues. 3,2~f is pretty much useless outside of combos for people will any matchup knowledge but don't know whether to put it in just for the carry he gets from his combos. probably should have put in ch 4 tbh oh well
Signature /

"Africa, where food is scarce. Africa, where people are thin. Balumbo Shamanaka, Balumbo Shamanaka."
aviax
Blu Blazer Irregular
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by QuarterHungaryn

b+1,2<1 ch confirm

Pretty sure this can't be done.
Signature Autocrat1: "Default winning animation: Bryan punching face, minus punching just twerking"
My reply: OK, but only if they give him back his laugh and 'DIE!' during it.

handle: 六鬼袋《`》武雷庵
QuarterHungaryn
Virtuoso
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by aviax
Pretty sure this can't be done.

Of course it can. It doesn't spark or anything but you have more than enough time to see whether or not your move interrupted an opponent in order to input the last 1. It's an easier CH confirm than Dragunov's 121. Latest LUYG vid shows that it is an easy CH confirm.
Signature /

"Africa, where food is scarce. Africa, where people are thin. Balumbo Shamanaka, Balumbo Shamanaka."
Brahma
Bottom Tier Hero
PSN: BrahmaDDT
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
What are you guys' thoughts on f,f+4 and f,f+1+2?
Signature Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

[sdtekken.com]
defcon
War Lord
PSN: defcon_ronin
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
My first thoughts are: I hate that i get these moves sometimes instead of tag slide/dive.

Next are: ff4 is pretty cool on hit and block, but horrendously linear. ff1+2 has too short a range for how slow it is.
Signature GMB
Brahma
Bottom Tier Hero
PSN: BrahmaDDT
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
I find f,f+1+2 is infinitely more useful at the wall than in open space.
Signature Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

[sdtekken.com]
QuarterHungaryn
Virtuoso
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
ff+4 just seems horrendously slow to me, even if ff+1+2 isn't much faster. I never use either of these moves, but ff+1+2 isn't that bad... + on block and W! (?) mid? The cancel might make for some interesting shenanigans, too.
Signature /

defcon
War Lord
PSN: defcon_ronin
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
ff1+2 splats? hm, might have to test this out at the wall... i've been going with f3+4 and more recently, ff3. i can imagine techroll, wakeup SS might give ff1+2 problems though.
Signature GMB
Adnanish
Whiff and die trying
PSN: Adnanish
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
I use mostly ff4 mostly for cancel shenanigans but I do get w! Often.
Signature