Page Splits 1...<293031
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
AZYG4LYFE
Follow The Ladder
PSN: CKT_AZYG4LYFE
#601 “Quote” Edit Post
I think my problem is not being patient playing against him, as well as lack of in depth knowledge of yoshi mind games. I've played really good yoshi players, ninjabeam and Zen___ , leok a few times too, and to be quite frank, they've showed me how little I know of yoshi although sometimes matches are very close.

I agree, I don't think I know what I'm doing half the time. I think spacing and patience should be in my mindset, I'm too focussed on mixups and lee's -frames on hit don't help out much either.

AZ
Signature #CKT, 360Gaming Major: Top 16 (Joint 9th), Warriors Return 3: Top 3 (3rd), Versus Fighting 4: Top 3 (3rd)
5% of my funds are from the Agnes Iro Agency, the rest are from hard work. I am a generous giver too.
Please visit my site, I'd love to hear from you www.azyg4lyfe.com
Dasher
War Lord
#602 “Quote” Edit Post
What can you do against feng's b+3+4 evade/mix-up?
and which side to step against him?
Signature Just like Nike says; just do it.

And that's what I did, I had sex with myself.
k-v!ncent
7th Dan
#603 “Quote” Edit Post
Hello,

I am having some serious problems playing with a super offensive law. No matter what I do, I get countered by 3,4 followed by a journey to wall. I usually play on low and mid mind games, but on law I have not been able to figure out a nice strat against rushing laws. Further his d/f+2 is also so frustrating -- is it faster than other d/f+2s ?

all of my major moves like 3,3 , d/f+1, d/b+3 get countered by his kicks. d+3 works well though. But anything i do gets countered or parried.

what moves are usually effective against rushing laws ?

What should be my mind set while playing against law?

Thanks in advance.
Signature you've gotta risk it to get the biscuit
n0b0dy
Iron Feets God
#604 “Quote” Edit Post
2,2,3? Try to look for Help Me vs. A law (forgot his name) in youtube, you'll learn a lot from him.

Last edited by n0b0dy on Jul 18th, 2011 at 13:20

Signature Nobody is Perfect

"There is no charge for awesomeness, or attractiveness."

Guard of Versoza
k-v!ncent
7th Dan
#605 “Quote” Edit Post
Thank you for the help nobody.

but law's offense is mostly on + frames -- as it seems so far. Can you point out moves that can be 2,2,3ed from his pokes.

should I go defensive on law or otherwise ?

what moves should i keep at hand when playing against law?
Signature you've gotta risk it to get the biscuit
ShadowKing!256
Champion
#606 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Morninglord

King:

Still break gs over isw when his back is to the wall, it's still massive damage.

His low, high kick thing has a mid/low third move so be quick if you want to ws punish the high. The low high isn't nc, it's ncc. Don't know its punishability.

king's low high kick (df+4,3) is actually jab punishable, unless he continues the last part of the string - with either 4 (a mid kick like f+4) or a d+4 (his low dropkick). you can lowparry the low dropkick for a juggle or block and punish it with a sweep or dragon slide. as for the midkick, he'll be safe on block.
Signature Don't hate me for my throws... Hate Yourself for not Breaking them!
xxxacidxxx :)
Sage
PSN: momo_0307
XBL: acidrain_1985
#607 “Quote” Edit Post
im having major trouble against a pitbull
cant punish efficient what he does and even intterupt

i just played a couple of games with this guy and i was owned by 10 after me wining 3 straight and god that was a comeback from him
at first im conservatist at the first couple of games next time ill catch a vid of me and him duking it out
i got a lot of faults in that game as well because i was inacurate at punishing stuff and mainly im the one who is interupted a lot probably i lost because of my mixups were probably readable

man i need a lot of refresher stuff for the TTT2 stuff got to solidify my main before having a nice partner with him

he delays that 3 string stuff

if you do ever whiff he has d/b+2,1 and to what ever mixup in his arsenal
is his BT 1+2 punishable by ???
if you do try to retaliate a jab from what ever move that he has he got you pinned down by f,b+1 or b,f+1 not sure

cant pick him off with jabs coz he got that effin u/f+2
he has wicked whiff punish instinct and wild mixups from his setups and from the crouching game he has a lot of ws games or poke you out again with a low

i am not used to being pushed and pressured like that without even me retaliating good punish
any waht are his specific lows that are launch punishable (other than ss+4 and d/b+4)

Last edited by xxxacidxxx :) on Jan 21st, 2012 at 12:14

Signature the legend of the silvermist moves on

still finding a proper partner Devil jin Hwoarang,Steve,lars

n0b0dy
Iron Feets God
#608 “Quote” Edit Post
I think fengs db+3 is launch punishable with cc uf+4, but if not ws+2,3 will do. f+3,4 is launch punishable too in case you didnt know.

Guard of Versoza
Sage
#609 “Quote” Edit Post
a good feng wouldnt over abuse f+3,4, would only use that for whiff punishing bro.
(thats the kind of feng im having troubles with)

thanks for the heads up with that d/b+3 (though its hard to punish int with cc~u/f+4) since the negative frames for d/b+3 after block ranges from -14~-15 significantly to range distance case to case basis
and cc is 2 frames for input plus the knee which is 15 frames from recovery all in all its 17 frames punish.

if it hits recovers crouching for both parties but feng has it +5

ws+2 would do it for i14f
its sketchy at times i would still stick at ws+4 being i11frames gives +5~+6 frames at least
i checked lee's wc,u/f+4 its 14~16 frames

im thinking about doing pre-empted sw against feng after his d/b+3 hits
which side does his ws+4 track btw? i always got hit when i try to SW it lee's left side (1p position)

i need to review a lot once again thanks for the heads up

n0b0dy
Iron Feets God
#610 “Quote” Edit Post
fengs ws+4 will hit in any direction you ss after you get hit by db+3 if im not mistaken, better block and backdash in case he do uf+2 afterwards.

Guard of Versoza
Sage
#611 “Quote” Edit Post
i pre empted SW it it was avoidable through SWL (through lee's left lead side) though it is a risky gamble since fang has a FC+1 that tracks or he would go for his magic ws+1 but
i recently played against that feng guy again this time got him pretty decent 3w-5l
(he is ian btw usually plays at trinoma using mig/feng at TTT2 he has a banapass also forgot what was his IC name)
i somehow hit him in his f+3+4 or b+3+4 stances from d/b+2~f_d/b+2~b
it has a slight frame window that you could after doing his crazy hand waving
i need to confirm this though
pretty much it was a guessing game all through out he has the safest feng i ever saw

i cant gamble through flashy punishment and stuff
no more cc BK from feng's d/b+4
or even that freaking power jump kick cc u/f,n+4
its now cc knee (much safer and easy to execute)
no more jab happy punishment

and also i observed that the distance has to be deep to punish
some of fengs stuff coz if your jab happy youll eat out d/b+2,1 or his u/f+2 or b,f+1

i want to really win against him not using a mishima (DJ)

btw i do have alos little problems with a baek player manage to tie it up with him (i dont like random baiting for a NCc 2,2,3) cant seem to nick him off from his FLA (hold 3)f,b+4 = FLA SS its like wrong guess he will send you flying lol )

the person i played against reminds me of solidjin's gameplay - (close to leo that uses lars/baek from team Trecs, and also jayvee lee/baek from the same team here at our local)