Bogus Journeys-2011 USA WCG Champ vs Aris - Part 3

Page Splits 12>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Rip
Level Up Your Game
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
The finale of the set! Whose going to take it?! If you havenít been keeping up - Aris vs BlazinPeanut, the 2011 USA WCG Champ, have been battling back and forth online in Tekken 6 in this epic first to 10. Digitaldevil4gk is there as well! Check it out
Signature DSS~ WHAAAAAA!!! Too buff, too swoll. Phoenix too strong.
JUUUUUUUUNKKKKYAAAAAAAARDDD!!!
levelupyourgame.com | LEVEL UP YOUR GAME | Tekken - Throw Break Trainer - by Rip | LUYG APP for iPhone & for Android
Rip
Level Up Your Game
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Bogus Journeys-2011 USA WCG Champ vs Aris - Part 3

---

If you haven't been keeping up, check out part 1 and part 2 first!
levelupyourgame.com | LEVEL UP YOUR GAME | Tekken - Throw Break Trainer - by Rip | LUYG APP for iPhone & for Android
av kazama
Fear the wrath..
PSN: av2k
XBL: av2k
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Wow, freaking hilarious seeing Aris so stressed out, glad to see he won though despite the crazy lei shit.
Signature Iron Fist Crew: Crow/Kor/av kazama
UnDeRoAtH
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: s9-Oath
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
lol funny stuff guys
Signature BEARS ARE LOOKIN BETTER TO ME
Rezz
War Lord
PSN: RezzEternal
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
I was rooting for Blazin but the matches were all awesome.
Signature
3L1
PSN: TKM_3L1
XBL: Threeli
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Can you imagine how much better the scene could be if online players came to tournaments?
NeoX
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: NeoX2634
XBL: TheGreatNeoX
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
That was hilarious! Watching this almost made me want to play some t6 online.... almost.
Signature = Stupid
= The King of Iron Fist
= Houston Special
Blonde Hair = Top Tier
AZYG4LYFE
Special Mallet
PSN: CKT_AZYG4LYFE
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Aris' reaction when he won the last game, I'm tempted to make a gif outta the "fuck you" part. Other than that, probably the best episode, even tieTYT was enjoying it in the background.

Forgot to mention how the intro feels catchy..

AZ
Signature #CKT, 360Gaming Major: Top 16 (Joint 9th), Warriors Return 3: Top 3 (3rd), Versus Fighting 4: Top 3 (3rd)
5% of my funds are from the Agnes Iro Agency, the rest are from hard work. I am a generous giver too.
Please visit my site, I'd love to hear from you www.azyg4lyfe.com
juiceciuj
6th Dan
PSN: juiceciuj
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
i honestly didn't realize that there was a "scene" until i started playing dr online when i bought my ps3 in '09. %\
KowtowRobinson
Iron Fist God
XBL: KowtowRobinson
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by juiceciuj
i honestly didn't realize that there was a "scene" until i started playing dr online when i bought my ps3 in '09. %\

Well, now you do. Get out there, lol.
Signature Kowtow: Moms think they're the authority on everything, they're all "well I'M a mother of three so you should blehblehbleh."
Rekano: I'm a fat guy, you should stfu and cook something.
DrJones
7th Dan
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by AZYG4LYFE
Forgot to mention how the intro feels catchy..

The whole show has really good picture/sound quality and RIP can keep the conversation flowing so it never gets dull with bunch of guys just playing in silence. Plus his voice is clear and doesn't make your ears bleed. It is a real pity that these episodes have gotten only a few thousand views. Is there anyway to get more visibility to these?
Signature Lars: Dad, I am Robosex!
Hei: Son, I am disappoint.
JingleBalls
Berserker
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Just link to them everywhere you go (forums)
Rip
Level Up Your Game
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by 3L1
Can you imagine how much better the scene could be if online players came to tournaments?

I think Tekken REALLY needs this to happen

Originally posted by DrJones
The whole show has really good picture/sound quality and RIP can keep the conversation flowing so it never gets dull with bunch of guys just playing in silence. Plus his voice is clear and doesn't make your ears bleed. It is a real pity that these episodes have gotten only a few thousand views. Is there anyway to get more visibility to these?

Thanks man, appreciate it. I have a feeling if SRK would just cover it once it would get a lot more exposure but theyre not into Tekken unless its a tutorial or korean high level play (they didnt even put up SCR Top 4 for TTT2). Which sucks because I think a lot of the SRK community need to see that Tekken can be entertaining. But yea, since theyre not gonna do it, SPREAD THE WORD!
Dilly
When in doubt, D+3+4
PSN: DancesWithNoobs
XBL: DancesWithNoobs
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Rip
I think Tekken REALLY needs this to happen

Thanks man, appreciate it. I have a feeling if SRK would just cover it once it would get a lot more exposure but theyre not into Tekken unless its a tutorial or korean high level play (they didnt even put up SCR Top 4 for TTT2). Which sucks because I think a lot of the SRK community need to see that Tekken can be entertaining. But yea, since theyre not gonna do it, SPREAD THE WORD!

The hard part for getting online players to go to tournaments is getting them to travel. A lot of them will go to local tourneys, but traveling seems far outside of what their willing to do for the game.

If people REALLY want to see the Tekken scene grow, people need to start mentoring new players. Point blank period.
Signature Need the hook-up on cable service? Get at me.

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...threadid=124372
Rip
Level Up Your Game
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Dilly
The hard part for getting online players to go to tournaments is getting them to travel. A lot of them will go to local tourneys, but traveling seems far outside of what their willing to do for the game.

If people REALLY want to see the Tekken scene grow, people need to start mentoring new players. Point blank period.

In our area, I feel like there must be a lot of online players who STILL play online that dont come out/try to setup gatherings or anything. They dont even need to come to the local tournaments when starting out. They could just come to the Match Finder threads, post up that they want to get some games in, start playing with people IN the tournament scene, and go from there. I feel like that doesnt happen enough. But as you said, anyone who knows how to play Tekken has to help new players learn the game.
Peacegun
4th Dan
PSN: PeaceGun
XBL: PeaceGun
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
It just comes down to getting the information out there that sites like this exist and tournaments are happening. A lot of the random people that I have talked to after matches online didn't even know there are tournaments for Tekken at all.
DrJones
7th Dan
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Rip

Really? SRK has refused to cover these? I guess I could understand it on earlier episodes where you were playing against random people online but this latest for example wasn't like that. Maybe you should try to offer this whole Aris vs Peanut episode to them again. If they don't pick it up, their loss.

Though, what about Namco itself? Do they have some sort of fan-community site for Tekken where you guys could be featured? Or are they going to build one for Tag2 to promote it - not a bad idea IMO. If not bogus journeys, maybe levelupyourgame-episodes. They really should try to tie fans together in one place and advertise that website in the game itself as a place of learning and discussion. Doesn't Filthierich post on these forums? Maybe you guys could have a talk about these things and what could be done to spread the knowledge and fun around.

And if all else fails, try bribing Harada with a bottle of Tequila sometime
Signature Lars: Dad, I am Robosex!
Hei: Son, I am disappoint.
Crucades
Kyu
PSN: crucades
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
damn i really need to get Tekken 6 now the graphics are so much better than 5, some awesome combos in there too, the fat terrorist looking guy was hilarious haha
Kknight
4th Dan
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
i wonder what nin was like when he was at evo a couple of years ago. did he refuse to shake peoples' hands and told them "you suck. learn to play, and come to a KOREAN arcade?"

maybe he was more realistic and realized that people can't travel more than a few miles and throw more than 20 down in an arcade. i'm not just calling out aris here, there's a lot of offline "you just don't know..." types here and over in srk who are amazingly unrealistic.

people know there's a huge difference between offline play and online play. i grew up on offline, and as much as i hate playing online, it's all i got. really, it's something called reality. if i was rich, i'd buy a multi-stop plane ticket to japan and korea to play the best at ST, bbcs and tekken. not only would i be playing the top players in the world, there would be better diversity of characters to play against, and they would be playing the latest versions of each franchise.

anyway, if it's so easy for someone to go to an arcade to know what it's really about, then i'll see you in japan in a few months.
Dilly
When in doubt, D+3+4
PSN: DancesWithNoobs
XBL: DancesWithNoobs
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Kknight
i wonder what nin was like when he was at evo a couple of years ago. did he refuse to shake peoples' hands and told them "you suck. learn to play, and come to a KOREAN arcade?"

maybe he was more realistic and realized that people can't travel more than a few miles and throw more than 20 down in an arcade. i'm not just calling out aris here, there's a lot of offline "you just don't know..." types here and over in srk who are amazingly unrealistic.

people know there's a huge difference between offline play and online play. i grew up on offline, and as much as i hate playing online, it's all i got. really, it's something called reality. if i was rich, i'd buy a multi-stop plane ticket to japan and korea to play the best at ST, bbcs and tekken. not only would i be playing the top players in the world, there would be better diversity of characters to play against, and they would be playing the latest versions of each franchise.

anyway, if it's so easy for someone to go to an arcade to know what it's really about, then i'll see you in japan in a few months.

...Nin told a woman "Tekken is a MAN'S game" after beating her and made her cry on the mainstage at an event... Compared to that, what Aris did was absolutely nothing.

Last edited by Dilly on Jan 17th, 2012 at 08:30

Signature Need the hook-up on cable service? Get at me.

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...threadid=124372