Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
XelNaga
Top Tier Podcaster
PSN: XelNaga
XBL: ChippXelNaga
#41 “Quote” Edit Post
@Demoyon: well lili would be point, and I am thinking, just like if it was lili and lee, it would follow the same principle.
Demoyon
prisoner of desires
#42 “Quote” Edit Post
Only sandwich I can think of for Lili/Asuka is off Lili's ws2~b, BT 1+2~5 B! and it has really strict timing. I'll try to see what I can get off Asuka after that.
Signature
XelNaga
Top Tier Podcaster
PSN: XelNaga
XBL: ChippXelNaga
#43 “Quote” Edit Post
since Lili acts like a wall, i was thing db4 into 1+4 back into db4
Demoyon
prisoner of desires
#44 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by XelNaga
since Lili acts like a wall, i was thing db4 into 1+4 back into db4
After a certain number of hits, the partner (in this case, Lili) will just run off. So I think this can't be done.
Signature
kimimaro
6th Dan
#45 “Quote” Edit Post
Any nice combo TA filler for Asuka with Anna as a partner? Does after bounce Anna (D+3, 2) works after say Asuka's 2,1,1+2 B! ?
Signature Official "Anna and the king" Team lover
At least make this fun
Grrr...arrrghh (We are the ultimate team)
retsu_himura
Iron Fist God
PSN: acceber evol samoht
XBL: ? ! ? ! ?
#46 “Quote” Edit Post
Here are some from Arcadia, most might be old stuff
df+2_f+2, uf+3, 2,1, 2,1,1+2 b!, ff+2,1
1+2_b+4 CH, ws4, 2,1, 2,1,1+2 b!, ff+2,1
f+4, ff,1+4, b+4,2 b!, b+2,1+2,4
uf+3 CH _ (1+4,2),d+4, db+4,3, 2,1,1+2 b!, ff+2,1
ws+3, 2,1,1+2 b!, b+2,4,3
low parry, uf+3, 1+4, b+2,4,3
pre b! wall ender: b+4,2 b! b2,1,4
post b! wall ender: 1+4,2,d+4

Asuka/Jun
Asuka b+3,4,3~5, Jun f+3~f1+2, izu1+2 b!, ff+2,3
Asuka FC,df,d,df+1+2~5, Jun f+1,3, f+3, b+2,1~f+1+2,izu 1+2 b!, ff+2,3
Asuka df+3 w!, d+2~5 b!, Jun 2,1,4,1, Asuka ff+2,1+2
Signature Every new tekken series is a new game.
no matter how early u started tekken,
if u cant follow up with the changes then u'll be out for good.
eleetplayah
War Lord
PSN: tenjinmon
#47 “Quote” Edit Post
i remember someone telling me that b+3 into 4 is no longer hit confirmable. just found out that it was not the case, both asuka and jun. going to use it often again now.
Signature FaoStatic!
Complete Asuka/Jun Combo Thread
pIchu
#48 “Quote” Edit Post
Pao
Pretty sure I posted about it a week or two ago. b+3>4 is still good... the 1+4 isn't. If your assist is Jun, then you can do b+3>4,3~5, Jun f+3, b+2,1,f+1+2, IZU 1+2 b!. Good damage, removes red life, hit confirmable launcher, Jun b+2,1 will whiff at max range launch but you can sub for f+3,f+1+2, IZU 1+2 b!.
eleetplayah
War Lord
#49 “Quote” Edit Post
Bill
must've missed it completely because i'm more active in jun thread lately. or was that where you posted it? anyway, 1+4 should be a muscle memory for those who use b+3 often.

oh well, might as well share my asuka/jun b+3 staples now that i'm actually using it again.

b+3,4, b+4,2, TA, b+2,1,4, 2,3
b+3,4,3~5, f+3,IZU,1+2, TA, 2,3, wr+3
or simply tagging in jun
b+3,4,3~5, f+3, b+2,1,IZU,1+2, B!, ff+2,3

and a low parry combo tagging in jun
db+4,3~5, f+3, b+2,1,IZU,1+2

edit: just a few more tests, and i'm thinking about doing a jun/asuka thread. only got 3 weeks left here in the phils and moving back to ttt2-less vancouver.

Last edited by eleetplayah on Jan 5th, 2012 at 07:32

Signature FaoStatic!
pIchu
#50 “Quote” Edit Post
Pao
Don't forget that unless you're at max range, b+3,4,3, 2,1,1+2 hits without needing to dash.

Otherwise we're pretty much using the same staples

I have one more in mind that maybe be pretty awesome if it works. I'll post later tonight.
Demoyon
prisoner of desires
#51 “Quote” Edit Post
Asuka/Lars

launch, uf+3, b+4,2~5 TA!, ff+2~f, SE 1, 2,1,1+2

launch, db+2, db+2,1, db+2~f, SE df+1~5 TA!, ssl db+4,3, run up iSW

W!, 2,1,1+2~5 TA!, 1+2~b, f+4,1,2,1, f+2
Signature
pIchu
#52 “Quote” Edit Post
Lars' new wall combo is ridiculous. He really doesn't need it... but whatever.

Edit:
Pao
What I was going for was: Asuka b+3,4,3, 2,1,1+2~5, TA Jun f,f+2,3, dash, iWS+1,4... but I had trouble hitting WS+1 at all let alone both hits, so I changed the TA to only f+2 but the last hit still whiffed post TA. I forgot to try SSing before though.. that should fix things unless it just doesn't hit at all.
eleetplayah
War Lord
#53 “Quote” Edit Post
going for an iWS move especially ws+1,4 sounds great but it's too much of an effort especially after so many hits including the TA.

on the other hand: none of us are talking about ws+3, both asuka and jun. no one uses this move out of the blue and there are better punishers against low attacks with big negative frames. but for players like me who uses it anyway (as a punisher) as a muscle memory, TA combos off of it are worth mentioning.

ws+3, 2,1,1+2, TA, f+3,IZU,2, db+4,3
ws+3, f+3,IZU,1+2, TA, b+2,4,3, ff+2,3

note: these are still my ideas. my combos off ws+3 for both characters sucks atm. gonna test tomorrow.
Signature FaoStatic!
pIchu
#54 “Quote” Edit Post
Whoever said that they feel like they run out of moves with Asuka in certain situations... I'm feeling that right now. The hitboxes or a lot of her moves have shrunk... the most noticeable one is 1+2. It feels even smaller than in BR.

Aside from f+4, which seems to get ducked and avoided very easily, other moves that have some tracking to certain sides don't seem to track as well now. Her b+4 should track to the right a bit and her d/f+1_u/f+3 to her left. It was stepped pretty reliably tonight. I tried f,f+3 a couple of times only to be on -14... gg.

Perhaps my movement is just too shit for this game
X_Factor
Champion
PSN: X_fact0r1986
XBL: AngerSaw5000
#55 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by pIchu
Whoever said that they feel like they run out of moves with Asuka in certain situations... I'm feeling that right now. The hitboxes or a lot of her moves have shrunk... the most noticeable one is 1+2. It feels even smaller than in BR.

How much smaller are we talking? I thought you had to almost be in kissing range in BR already for 1+2 to hit.
Signature My Youtube
This team is legit, don't hate
2013 Tournaments: Final Round, Evo, and CEO confirmed and try to make ECT and KiT pending work

pIchu
#56 “Quote” Edit Post
X_Factor
I should've been more clear... lateral range... i.e. it's very very linear. I'd say it's more linear than a jab. In terms of distance (what you're talking about), it's about the same as BR... ie. horse shit.
X_Factor
Champion
#57 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by pIchu
X_Factor
I should've been more clear... lateral range... i.e. it's very very linear. I'd say it's more linear than a jab. In terms of distance (what you're talking about), it's about the same as BR... ie. horse shit.

O I see. Hmm, did you test out DB 1 or 1,4 for something with a little bit of tracking? Sorry if I am stating moves you have tested, but I have not and will not be able to test the game out till March.
Signature My Youtube
2013 Tournaments: Final Round, Evo, and CEO confirmed and try to make ECT and KiT pending work

pIchu
#58 “Quote” Edit Post
Didn't really get a chance to test out d/b+1... didn't remember to be honest.

The second hit of 1,4 tracks of course, but can't rely on that... far too slow.

I'm finding that I'm just holding back a lot and punishing... but that's hard as well depending on what they do. I mean... right now, there are only two people I have problems with and they're the two best here. Movement really gets around a lot of what Asuka can do. Jun has pretty fat hitting pokes so when it comes to to clutch, I really do prefer her.

Sucks to hear that America won't get the game til much later. At least by then, everything you need to know will already be known and you can get straight into it.
X_Factor
Champion
#59 “Quote” Edit Post
That is my best opinion since it looks like it has not changed much from BR as Asuka's best range is still mid. You might just have to rely on some forward grabs just to keep people honest. I forgot if WS 1+2 tracks any and for some reason I think it might. If it does, crouch canceling F+2 into that might be an option as well.

I really thought Asuka would be the one to cover for Lili's linear moveset at first. Now it seems that Lili is going to have to cover for Asuka more.
Signature My Youtube

pIchu
#60 “Quote” Edit Post
If you play defensive, she's fine since you're holding back and constantly realigning. Just getting on the offense is hard against people who can move very well.

This is only difficult cos of the person I was playing against. He's probably the closest thing Brisbane has to HelpMe. Knowledge is king but movement will get you in and out of trouble.