Variations of mimicry

Page Splits
Share This Topic
Share
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
gilgagoogyta
1st Dan
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 11
From: Australia
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
We've seen three variations of mimicry in the Tekken series. Except for tekken 3, could mimic every character and switch between rounds. Combot couldn't switch between rounds at all and Unknown could switch fighting styles mid fight. What other subtle changes could be made to a mimic to make them handle slightly differently eg Random style swaps or male-only mimicry?
Angelo1
Iron Fist God
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 1496
From: Netherlands
PSN: Desolution_X
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
2P costume feminine and only feminine characters
1P costume masculine and only masculine characters
Signature The Lazy Generation~
Laughing Man
Don't worry be happy
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1975
From: Chile
PSN: SrSonriente
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Input defined middle fight changes would be really interesting, leading to awesome combos and variations. To keep things balanced, it could have some cost, taking life, damaging capacity, defense or whatever.
imtherealkratos
2nd Dan
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 24
From: Sweden
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
what if when you go and select Mokujin if you pick the male Mokujin he will only mimick the male characters in the game and vice versa. ofcourse there will also be a 3rd costume that will be the normal version. sounds like fun
Signature
AZYG4LYFE
Special Mallet
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5157
From: United Kingdom
PSN: CKT_AZYG4LYFE
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by imtherealkratos
what if when you go and select Mokujin if you pick the male Mokujin he will only mimick the male characters in the game and vice versa. ofcourse there will also be a 3rd costume that will be the normal version. sounds like fun


That was a similar idea I had (and posted) in mind, though the majority of the tekken cast are male, so in some ways it wouldn't be equal.

Seeing as I'm the mod here, by console release I'll onwards I'll be investing my time for both mokujin and combot custom combos.

AZ
Signature #CKT
360Gaming Major: Top 16 (Joint 9th)
Warriors Return 3: Top 3 (3rd)
Please visit my site, I'd love to hear from you www.azyg4lyfe.com
Shi No Kage
Raijin
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 484
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by AZYG4LYFE
That was a similar idea I had (and posted) in mind, though the majority of the tekken cast are male, so in some ways it wouldn't be equal.

Seeing as I'm the mod here, by console release I'll onwards I'll be investing my time for both mokujin and combot custom combos.

AZ


Seems like mokujin is pretty useless besides the new characters. Combot on the other hand is a enough labour to keep an army busy for 5 weeks.

I'll be able to help you with a format and combis
AZYG4LYFE
Special Mallet
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5157
From: United Kingdom
PSN: CKT_AZYG4LYFE
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Shi No Kage
Seems like mokujin is pretty useless besides the new characters. Combot on the other hand is a enough labour to keep an army busy for 5 weeks.

I'll be able to help you with a format and combis


Ahh, not so useless no, he'll have a bigger hitbox when mimicking characters like Ling, and smaller ones like Ogre, so combos and punishment range will vary.



And yes I'm sure a handful of players will be playing around with their custom Combots!

AZ

Last edited by AZYG4LYFE on Aug 26th, 2012 at 15:12

Signature #CKT
360Gaming Major: Top 16 (Joint 9th)
Warriors Return 3: Top 3 (3rd)
Please visit my site, I'd love to hear from you www.azyg4lyfe.com
sspaajms120
One True King
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 2200
From: Bangladesh
PSN: sspaajms60
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
How bout posting up the movelists of our custom combots just to pass time and lolz

Last edited by sspaajms120 on Aug 28th, 2013 at 17:22

Signature
~ you are limited in what you can do by how much you are ready to do

Put in everything you got to push yourself beyond your limits to a place where there are no limits and you will be ready for anything.
My Youtube videos

 All times are GMT. The time now is 08:03

Page Splits
Moderator Tools
Forum Jump