Page Splits
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Murakumo
1,2,4:4 all day long
PSN: TZMurakumo
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
The first team thread I'm putting together. As per GM's request, I'm trying to get some Lee/Jack stuff up prior to his trip to NEC. Will likely make others later (can do an Ogre one already, picking up Lars at the moment, prolly one with Hwo...)

One thing to note is that Jack's u+1+2 can be done automatically by simply holding the tag button during a tag assault.

Combos will be listed by rule then with an example:

Combos from Lee...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 aerial hits into f+4,3,5...
Jack: u+1+2...
Lee: ff, 3~3:4

ex:
Lee: u/f+4, 4, b+1:1~f,N, 2, b+1:1~f,N, f+4,3,5...
Lee: ff, 3~3:4 -> oki
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 aerial hits with 4-5 being b+2~f,N b+1:1~f,N, into f+4,3
Lee: ff, 3~3:4

ex:
Lee: d/f+2, 4,u+3, ff~b+2~f,N, b+2~f,N, b+1:1~f,N, f+4,3,5...
Lee: ff, 3~3:4 -> oki

up to 6 aerial hits (using b+2~f,N, b+1:1~f,N tech) into f+4,3,5...
Lee: FF (long run), 1,2_1,2~f,N...

ex:
Lee: d/f+2, 4,u+3, ff~b+2~f,N, b+2~f,N, b+2~f,N, b+1:1~f,N, f+4,3,5...
Jack: u+1+2... (they fly WAY off at an angle)
Lee: FF (long run) 1,2 (opponent goes zooming off)...

*This is the longest carry I've found in the game short of the infinite glitch (which reportedly has been patched in Japan). The momentum builds up massively so the u+1+2 sends them flying away at about a 45 degree angle, because they're so high, as Lee comes back from the Jack tag assault you can run after them for a good 4-5 steps and 1,2... with the momentum out to 11 hits now, the 1,2 itself sends them flying even further. Nearly half the carry on this comes from the final 3 hits. This can carry wall to wall on the large arena stage.

3 hits to bind, 5...
Lee: b+2~f,N, b+2~f,N,b,N+2,3

ex:
Lee: [CH]1+2, ff~d/f+4, f+4,3,5...
Lee: wait, b+2~f,N, b+2~f,N,b,N+2,3

3 hits to bind, 5...
Lee: U/F,N+4, b+2~f,N+3,4 (?)

ex:
Lee: [CH]1+2, ff~d/f+4,3,5...
Lee: U/F,N+4, b+2~f,N+3,4

*I hit this with sway+2,3 except because of range it become WS+2,(3)... I'm thinking mist+3,4 should connect as its range usually tends to be slightly better on the second hit (speed issues?)

walls

2 hits into B!~5... (u/f+3,1,5... f+4,3,5... WR+3,4,5...)
Lee: U/F,N+4 (high wall), d/f+3,2,3 (70% final hit)

ex:
block Raven's 4,1, duck the second hit to start from behind (Raven BT)
Lee: WS+2,3, b+1:1~f,N, 2, b+2~f,N, b+2~f,N, b+2~f,N, b+2~f,N,b,N+2,3, (w), WR+3,4,5...
Lee: U/F,N+4 (high wall), d/f+3,2,3,5 (final hit 70%)... Jack wall game

3 hits into B!~5... (d/f+1, f+4,3,5... 4,3,3,5... 2, f+4,3,5... b+2~f,N, f+4,3,5... b+1:1~f,N, f+4,3,5(?)... high wall 4,u+3, f+4,3,5 (high wall doesn't count against wall slump)...)
Lee: U/F,N+4 (high wall), SS, b+4, u/b+3_oki

ex:
Lee: u/f+4, 4,3,4, (high wall), 4,u+3, f+4,3,5...
Lee: U/F,N+4 (high wall), SS, b+4, u/b+3_oki

*The final u/b+3_oki spot is escapable by tag crash

** If you expect a tag crash, immediately start walking into the wall after the b+4. Between the step and the side walk, they should whiff over you and you can run into WS+3,4 in their back, the best part is that Jack lets us bring them back to the wall with his tag assaut.

**ex:
Lee: u/f+4, 4,3,4, (high wall), 4,u+3, f+4,3,5...
Lee: U/F,N+4 (high wall), SS, b+4, SW...
Opponent: tag crash, whiffs past Lee
Lee: FF, WR+3,4,5...
Lee: FF (run under, turn), 1,2~f,n, d/f+3,2,3, (w), 2, d/f+1, ff+3

3 hits into B!~5... (d/f+1, f+4,3,5... 4,3,3,5... 2, f+4,3,5... b+2~f,N, f+4,3,5... b+1:1~f,N, f+4,3,5(?)... high wall 4,u+3, f+4,3,5 (high wall doesn't count against wall slump)...)
Lee: U/F,N+4 (very high wall), 3~3:4 -> oki

ex:
Lee: WS+2,3(high wall), 4,u+3, f+4,3,5...
Lee: U/F,N+4 (very high wall), 3~3:4 -> oki

*The timing on the U/F,N+4 here is tricky. You can't hold it immediately after tag crash or else you'll need a late 4 input, which recovers slower. You need to hit it as high as possible with the undelayed big jump kick to put them high enough on the wall and little enough recovery for yourself so that 3~3 will connect. This is mostly a novelty combo, but it does appear to be the top damage off of WS+2,3 into a high splat, and unlike the u/b+3_oki version, the damage cannot be escaped with a tag crash. You have oki after, or if anticipating a tag crash you can SWR and take their new character from the back...

* ON BIGS (Kuma/Panda/Jack/Ogre)
2 wall hits into 4,3,3,5...
Jack: u+1+2
Lee: U/F,N+4 (high wall), d/f+3,2,3 (final hit at 70%)

ex:
Block Ogre's d/b+2
Lee: WS+2,3 (high wall), 4,u+3 (first kick didn't count again slump since it was high wall), 2, 4,3,3,5...
Lee: U/F,N+4 (high wall), d/f+3,2,3 (final hit 70%)

** b+4, D+4,4,4,4_D+4,4,4>4 still works on Ogre and Kuma/Panda, but it can now be escaped with a tag crash or have damage mitigated (or possibly hit 3 low parried) by using a normal tag. d/f+3,2,3 becomes the top guaranteed damage finish even on Ogre and bears, now.

Will add more later, add Jack stuff with Lee, and will edit and clean things up a bit. long night tonight, but more will prolly be posted on your guys' Fri or Sat.

Last edited by Murakumo on Dec 11th, 2011 at 20:35

Signature "Release me from my time-weathered chains!"
~Violet
St. George
Lee of Campbelltown
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Got to play 50 or so games yesterday. I'm finding this team to have fantastic synergy... they compliment each others weaknesses so well and add enough damage to each other to make TA a worthwhile option even with the lost red life. Aside from regular juggles, you can get a lot more hits now off of late pickups like from CH 1+2 with Lee or windmills with Jack.

I couldn't really find anything that was a definite improvement over the juggles mura suggested. The wall combos I ended up going with were
Jack starts:
(w), B!,5 into...
Lee: 4,u+3...
Jack: f+4, d/f+3+4 (70%)

This does seem strongest for raw damage and appears to be guaranteed. Timing is tricky but I felt like there was a sweet spot where people could not escape it. You can also f+4, d/b+1,1 for oki. May also work after 1,1 B!

With the (w), B!,5 into...
Lee: b+2~f,N, d/f+3,2,3... (b+2~f,N hits high wall so d/f+3,2,3 does NOT finish with a 70% hit)
Jack: d/b+1,1,1 -> oki
combo, you really seem to need a completley straight on W!. Any time I had an angle at all the d/f+3,2,3 would send them too far away for Jack to get any decent damage.

Out in the open, you can pretty much get any of Lee's fillers in TA and then hit Jack/s ff+1+2,2 afterwards so I suppose just use whichever of Lee's strings does the most damage.

Starting from Lee, practise your mist trap... the open field combo ending in MT seems to be the best in oki/damage terms. At the wall, f+4,3_WR3,4 B! (u+1+2) U/F,n,4 d/f+3,2,3 is super consistent and super meaty and it gives you the option to tag for Jack for his wall game.

One thing I did notice was that WS2,3 W! 4, u+3 f+4,3 would whiff a LOT on the second hit of f+4,3. Happened like half the time or more...maybe the changed hitbox of the flipkick is responsible.

One thing I want to work on Mura is potential non TA tag combos to start sucking red life. Got to catch up with those mishimas...
d,d/b+4~5, u+1+2, u+1+2, b+3,2,2 W! ff+1 B!~5 (TA combo) did huge, huge damage. Like 70% life if not more...now the only problem is landing blazing kick.
I found that surprisingly Jack lacked the range/speed for anything off of WS2,3~5. The stuff I could get as advised by Mura was really difficult to time.
Lee's old b+2xn into d/f+3,2,3 wall carry staple can tag Jack in for some red life sucking wall damage.

Last edited by St. George on Dec 12th, 2011 at 14:08

Signature Flushking.
Murakumo
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
With Jack to Lee

Combos from Jack...

A few aerial hits into B!,5...
Lee: b+2,4,3...
Jack: ff+1,2,2

ex:
Jack: FC,d/f+1,2,1, b+3,2, ff+1,5...
Jack: ff+1+2,2*

* note: you can get this potentially more hits out into the juggle by 1) having Lee dash before b+2,4,3 which brings Jack in closer, and 2), dashing or running into a forward dash cancelled (qcf,f) version of ff+1+2,2... this allows Jack to run or dash into it without geting WR+2... ff~qcf,f+1+2 = dash into it. This allowed a Jack/Ogre friend of mind to hit ff+1+2,2 on aerial hits 8,9, even.

A couple aerial hits into B!,5...
Jack: FF, b+3,2,2

ex:
Jack: d/f+2, 2, ff+1,5...
Jack: FF, b+3,2,2*

* note: This actually does slightly less damage than ff+1+2,2 I believe, but give better carry. Also, you should wait a second before beginning to run and start the b+3,2,2 when they're close to the ground. Running too early will stop you when you get close and then only b+3,2 will connect.

ex:

* note: you can get this potentially more hits out into the juggle by 1) having Lee dash before b+2,4,3 which brings Jack in closer, and 2), dashing or running into a forward dash cancelled (qcf,f) version of ff+1+2,2... this allows Jack to run or dash into it without geting WR+2... ff~qcf,f+1+2 = dash into it. This allowed a Jack/Ogre friend of mind to hit ff+1+2,2 on aerial hits 8,9, even.

Any number of hits into B!,5...
Lee: b+2~f,N series
Jack: finish as desired

ex:
Jack: ff+1+2, d/f+1, b+4,4,5...
Lee: b+2~f,N, b+2~f,N, b+2~f,N, 1,2~f,N, (w), d/f+3,2,3
Jack: d/b+1,1,1 -> oki*

* note: Lee doesn't tag out when finishing any move with MS cancel... you can also finish the carry with WS+2,3 back to Jack, but then you'll just finish on the wall with Jack

ex:

d/f+2+4, ff+1,5...
Jack: ff+1,2,2*

* also:
Jack: d/f+2+4, ff+1,5...
Jack: ff, b+3,2,2 **

** note: unlike the earlier combo, this ff, b+3,2,2 is done with the opponent high in the air. I believe the first version still does more damage. Also, if you're coming up on a wall, Jack ff+1 finish into oki is optimal as it won't whiff with them high up after Lee's part, even at wall.

ex:

d/f,d/f+2+4,5...
Lee: class 1 juggle of choice

ex:
Jack: d/f,d/f+2+4,5...
Lee: U/F,N+4, b+1:1~f,N, 2, b+2~f,N, b+2~f,N, b+1:1~f,N, f+4,3,5...
Lee: FF, 1,2~f,N, FF, (w), 2, d/f+1, ff+3

(w), B!,5 into...
Lee: b+2~f,N, d/f+3,2,3... (b+2~f,N hits high wall so d/f+3,2,3 does NOT finish with a 70% hit)
Jack: d/b+1,1,1 -> oki

ex:
Jack: WS+3,2, (W!), bb~f+4, (w), ff+1,5...
Lee: b+2~f,N, d/f+3,2,3
Jack: d/b+1,1,1 -> oki *

* note: I believe d/f+3+4 can be done here instead of d/b+1,1,1 and hit at 70% with very slight delay. Possibly more damage*

(w), B!,5 into...
Jack: f+4, d/f+3+4 (70%)

ex:
Jack: d/f+3+4, (W!), bb~f+4, (w), ff+1,5... (4 hits high wall)
Jack: f+4, d/f+3+4 *

* note: should be more damage than the above combo. I believe it's guaranteed, though perhaps my opponent didn't tech. I haven't used this as any sort of staple or anything yet.

As far as solo Jack... I find it works well for me to start with Lee and poke and HC safely. If Lee is getting taken down, Jack has an opportunity for a combeback in somewhat reckless advancement with good lows and opportunities for big damage. If I'm ahead but Lee's getting kind of low, I will advance more carefully with Jack, or turtle up a bit.

Basics of my way too basic Jack...
- d/f+2 whiff punish to combo
- ff+1+2 ranged whiff punish to combo
- FC,d/f+1,2,1 whiff punish wakeup kicks
- FC,d/b+1 whore it at it's fastest... less safe on block, and less + on hit, but still good (+4 now?)
- ff+1 EVERYWHERE
- d/f+2+4 throw, ff+1,5,... combo does about 50% life or more
- Can on offense mix ff, d/f,d/f+2+4,5 throw with ff, d/b,f+1+2 throw. Big damage on either.
- At wall, b+2 is still + on block. I go to d/b+1. If d/b+1 hits, I normally FC,d/b+1,1, then either go for another of those or mix with WS+3,2 for mid splat...
- In the words of Nick, a high-ranked Jack/Ogre player in Tokyo, "Just run up and u/f+2 elbow all day!"
- 1+2 is now H,H... if I think the opponent's gonna step, I usually go for fF+1 to try and realign and hit.
- f+2 is still the i10 punish
- 2,1 is i11--don't believe what InaTekken says. I can confirm this one!
- WS+2,1 is i14 I believe (pretty damn sure it's not the i11 Ina claims), and -14 on block, I think. Semi-Hc-able, forces crouch. Something like 0 or +1 on hit. It's got really good range so it's a decent option after FC,d/b+1 (don't stick out the second hit unless you HC/semi-HC it, though).
- f+3,1+2 I haven't been using at all--enticing properties, but slow and almost no range.

Jack to me is more about reading your opponent's reactions than is Lee, at least on offense. Lee can poke pretty damn safely now, With Jack, after ff, FC,d/b+1 for example as a pretty safe low poke, you can ff+1. If they wanna throw out WS+4 to stuff you, you try and bait and launch it. If they're not backdashing or anything, you can also FC,d/b+1 hit into FC+4, WS, etc. If your opponent throws shit out, just wait and punish and wait until you have considerable + frames before doing anything. If they like to beat your slower assault on frames with jabs, throw out something that'll beat them (f+2, into d/f+2 if they like to attack even after your punish). People who played him before complain he's nerfed, but I didn't really use him in 6 so I'm not really noticing much. What I do see is that he has the opportunity for combeack if your Lee is trailing, and makes a decent turtle if you're leading. Also compliments Lee's combos very well.

Last edited by Murakumo on Dec 11th, 2011 at 20:30

~Violet
Shadow Force
Champion
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
A Lee/Lars thread would be much appreciated
Signature I'm losing the will to B!

I can juggle with one hand! Look! Look!
St. George
Lee of Campbelltown
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
So we have TTT2 now. I'm heading in tomorrow for about oooh 17 hours of play so I should be able to make some contributions of my own.

Does b+2 seriously splat now? That is ridiculous if the other properties haven't changed.
Signature Flushking.
Drake the Demon
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by St. George
I'm heading in tomorrow for about oooh 17 hours of play so I should be able to make some contributions of my own.

Hey George, just a small request, could you also add your findings from the testing into post #2 in this thread? It would be better for future use if we had all the important information in the first 2 or 3 posts.
Murakumo
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Perhaps it doesn't splat, that may have been my mistake. I can swap it out with splatting move if it doesn't... I'm still not as familiar with Jack as I should be, honestly. I haven't played in a couple weeks now since work has been so busy. I'll test again next time I'm out (Wed most likely).
~Violet
St. George
Lee of Campbelltown
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
No it doesn't sadly. Anyway updated the second post with a few of my thoughts.
Signature Flushking.
Morninglord
Synthetic Insanity
PSN: Morninglord
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Regarding ws23~5, they come in further away from the opponent than Lee is initially, but they do so when the opponent is slightly higher in the air. You have to do a dash to get close enough to hit them in the first place, but if you do it too slow you lose the height advantage completely.
It's a pain.
Signature Zhan: The real enemy is yourself.
St. George
Lee of Campbelltown
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
The combo of choice from WR3,4 is WR3,4~5(u+1+2), U/F+4, d/f+1, b+2~f,n(x2) f,n,3+4. Got anything better Mura?

Spent a bit of today exploring red bar options from launch~5. There's nothing quite so fantastic as EWGF~5 for a filler after a speculative launch, so we're basically stuck hitting it from guaranteed punishes.
Jack:
WS1 block punish
ff+2 block/whiff punish
ss+1

Lee:
WS2,3 block punish
FC u/f+4 block punish
d,d/b+4 whiff punish
Signature Flushking.
St. George
Lee of Campbelltown
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
So, 500 games now all exclusively Lee and Jack. I've pretty much got my staples down, and I've found that in open ground there isn't enough extra damage in Lee's juggles from TA to justify giving your opponent insta-netsu and extra red life to recover, as well as eating Jack's red life, if he has any.

Since Lee is usually on point, I'd rather just go with the BR staples and take the oki, as they won't have tag crash available at that point. Carrying to the wall makes it worthwhile though, especially since as Mura pointed out if you anticipate a Tag Crash you can punish them for it if your timing is good enough.

Jack on the other hand benefits greatly from TA. You can get any launcher, the two strongest hits available to you, ff+1B!~5 (b+2,4,3) ff+1+2,2 for some very significant damage.
For example, ff+2, \o/, f+4, ff+1B!~5 (b+2,4,3) ff+1+2,2 does chunks. Reach a wall with b+3,2 instead and you get even more needless to say.

As for Jack at the wall, I'm still unsure which TA combo to go with. ff+1B!~5 4,u+3 f+4, d/f+3+4 does work, however it only tends to hit on bigger characters. Not because of the TA, but because f+4, d/f+3+4 seems much more inconsistent in tag than it did in BR. So you can substitute it for d/b+1,1,1 however that just means that you are only adding Lee's 4,u+3 to the damage in exchange for all the cons associated with using TA.

ff+1B!~5 (b+2~f,n,d/f+3,2,3) d/f+3+4_d/b+1,1,1 is the other option, wherein you are basically getting Lee's string in place of Jack's f+4.

I found this juggle, pretty strict timing but fun.
Lee FC u/f+4, WS2,3~5 ff+1B! ff, n, f+4, d/f+3+4.

I also got the timing of WS2,3~5, ff+1+2,2 down. It's probably slightly more difficult than Lee's ff+3 ender.
Signature Flushking.
@l3x
Sage
PSN: agent_bboy
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
for an upcoming lee/bryan thread, i'll post some combos so that you can just copy it later.

lee: launch, 4,u+3, fff+4,3~5
bryan: b+3~f, u, f+4,1
lee: fff+2,1

l: 1 aerial hit into f+4,3~5
b: 3,3,2
l: wr3,4

at wall,
l: b+4~5
b: d+1+2~f, 3,4
l: b+4, d+3

bryan to lee

b: launch, ff+4~5
l: d/f+3,2,3
b: ff,b+3~f,4,1,2

b: 2 aerial hits to b+1~ or ff+4~5/ 1 aerial hit to f+4,1~5
l: d/f+3,2,3
b: b+3~f, 1+2

at wall,
b: b+1~5 or ff+4~5
l: b+2~f, d/f+3,2,3
b: f+2,1,4
Signature masaya magtekken, lalo na pag may pera ka X(
AZYG4LYFE
Follow The Ladder
PSN: CKT_AZYG4LYFE
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
St George, I saw your matches vs l0rdsav10r on his channel, some good Lee/Jack action going on very good stuff to watch!

I think there was one moment, not sure if it was an error, but after jack's u+1+2, you crossed under the opponent, and just gave them a jab, here I thought you might have continued the combo with them BT'd.

AZ
Signature #CKT, 360Gaming Major: Top 16 (Joint 9th), Warriors Return 3: Top 3 (3rd), Versus Fighting 4: Top 3 (3rd)
5% of my funds are from the Agnes Iro Agency, the rest are from hard work. I am a generous giver too.
Please visit my site, I'd love to hear from you www.azyg4lyfe.com
St. George
Lee of Campbelltown
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
I have no idea why he even recorded and posted those, I was pretty drunk hence the everything. Ill post a few videos when I get home.
Signature Flushking.
DigitalCount
Mister Pittsburgh
PSN: DigitalCount
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Since I've been playing some Violet/Jack (Jacket?) and since WS 2,3 properties changed since Tag2.0, I thought it necessary to bump this thread.

I had a question regarding WS 2,3~5. I know Jack b+3,2 can be hit after, but I don't know if my inability to hit f,f+1 after that is because of my execution barrier or because it's actually not possible. Any takers for testing it?
-DC
Signature <CDHP> Chicks Dig Heihachi Players
Steve Gets Fresh

2012: Manji Assassins Political Party
SCT4LIFE
AZYG4LYFE
Follow The Ladder
PSN: CKT_AZYG4LYFE
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DigitalCount
Since I've been playing some Violet/Jack (Jacket?) and since WS 2,3 properties changed since Tag2.0, I thought it necessary to bump this thread.

I had a question regarding WS 2,3~5. I know Jack b+3,2 can be hit after, but I don't know if my inability to hit f,f+1 after that is because of my execution barrier or because it's actually not possible. Any takers for testing it?
-DC

It works, but it's not worth it, if your execution is inconsistent, the combo ws+2,3~5, b+3,2, ff+1 B!, b+3,2,2 damage is like 68 for red life

AZ
Signature #CKT, 360Gaming Major: Top 16 (Joint 9th), Warriors Return 3: Top 3 (3rd), Versus Fighting 4: Top 3 (3rd)
5% of my funds are from the Agnes Iro Agency, the rest are from hard work. I am a generous giver too.
Please visit my site, I'd love to hear from you www.azyg4lyfe.com