Anyone still play Tekken 4?

Page Splits 1...<4567>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
n00body
4th Dan
#101 “Quote” Edit Post
I played the heck out of Tekken 4. Got a 100+ win streak once in my arcade. Played console surivival mode all the time trying to get a higher win streak. I felt Tekken 5 console moved backwards. No replay option really sucked. T6 BR is just now getting replays back!
Signature "Your in the arms of the angel, fly away from here / From this dark cold hotel room and the endlessness that you fear / You are pulled from the wreckage of your silent reverie / You're in the arms of the Angel...

... May you find some comfort here
Waffles
1st Dan
PSN: waffles21
#102 “Quote” Edit Post
haha thats funny
Signature Some people bring happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.
cedie
Six1ow
#103 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by n00body
I played the heck out of Tekken 4. Got a 100+ win streak once in my arcade. Played console surivival mode all the time trying to get a higher win streak. I felt Tekken 5 console moved backwards. No replay option really sucked. T6 BR is just now getting replays back!

LOL! u definitely own that one
Signature <BxT> Dhoo
<BxT> Tyne*
?Ē?
Sucks to be You!
Baron West
Iron Fist God
#104 “Quote” Edit Post
Overally I didn't play T4 too much.

I was a little jaded by the new spacing system and the throws. I didn't care for the toning down that happened to Julia, Lei, and Xiaoyu. Combot not being able to switch stances was also irksome. He should have been big like Edge Master if that was going to be the case.

My biggest problem with T4 was Jin. Having played Tekken since T2, and being accustomed to high level competition in TTT, it was frustrating losing to a beginner who used Jin. And I do mean a beginner. My skills are by no means poor in that game, but that JFLS was too much.

On the plus side, I did appreciate the boosts to Eddy, thought Steve was a create addition to the cast, and Marduk was interesting, despite being weak overall. Even though it was unpredictable, I had fun with the new Yoshi-Flash, although I wish the option existed to switch between the two.

The stages in T4 were beautiful, and remain my favorite ones in the series. The music was good, but it always tends to be. It had Tekken Force, which is always awesome. More importantly it had the 'training' option which allows you to train with strings(which I use often) and it had the replay opion. Being able to watch and save replays helped me improve my game a whole lot. Saving matches is a good thing for any game to have.

I respected the direction Namco was trying to go in, but they got it wrong. If I could change one thing, I'd made the JF LS require the same precision as Heihachi's Omen TGF, and if I could change two things, I'd bring switch the throw system.

If you ignore the fact that it's a tekken game, it's a great game as fighting games go. Just compared to the rest of the series, it doesn't stack up. It's still very fun to play.
LaWs_OrdeR
5th Dan
PSN: lronFist (i=small L)
#105 “Quote” Edit Post
Force Mode is still a blast to play!
ArmorKingFan
Champion
PSN: BryantPrince
#106 “Quote” Edit Post
Hell Yea I still play it. I combine Tekken's 4 music in Tekken 6. In my opinion Tekken 4 is the most under rated game in Tekken history.
Signature Shall rise! Craig and King Jr justice will be served!!
In a perfect world we deserve what we only can learn.
The PIMPS!
Chizuru_3
2nd Dan
#107 “Quote” Edit Post
n00body, you must be more than just an expert to have such a great winning streak at your local arcade.

But I digress. I still play Tekken 4, even though this has to be the worst in the series. Matter of fact, this is my very first time playing. Most of what I played nearly 10 years ago was strictly Tekken 3.
Signature Well, isn't that cute? BUT IT'S WRONG!!
I will smack Jin Kazama over the head with a brick!
I will smack the stank off of Asuka Kazama!
Boku wa makeru wake ni wa ikanainda!
deviljin102
Iron Fist God
PSN: PsyChoTik_RiCaN
XBL: Psychotic Amida
#108 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm prolly the only one in the world that still plays tekken 4 from time to time, that must've been the reason why I was able to score the arcade version for pretty cheap. but this games was wayyyy underrated.
Signature Power Is Everything!

Feel The Wrath Of GOD!

Rawr!...Fuck My Life...
ArmorKingFan
Champion
PSN: BryantPrince
#109 “Quote” Edit Post
I play Tekken 4 everyone once in a blue moon once the new game starts to bore me.
Signature Shall rise! Craig and King Jr justice will be served!!
In a perfect world we deserve what we only can learn.
The PIMPS!
Saika221
Champion
PSN: Saika221
#110 “Quote” Edit Post
yes I still play Tekken 4 with 10 of my friends almost every weekend. in our opinion it is the best Tekken game ever. it is the most realistic and stylish tekken game to date and even though it is somewhat broken we still prefer it to the stupid jugglefests T6 and TTT2 are.
Signature come at me
soulmaster1122
Expert
PSN: tekkn6
#111 “Quote” Edit Post
the arena stage honmaru stage and tekken force made me like this game more..

so yeah i am still playing it
Signature :Wait, Ogre!? Didn't I kill him in Tekken 3?Didn't I kill him in Devil Within?if I did then Why is he still alive?
: You bashed Heihachi's head through a stone wall and he survived an explosion. How do you explain THAT?
chewbacca
Bloodedge Duodecim
PSN: Senshu573
#112 “Quote” Edit Post
I still play it. It's also my first time appreciating it under progressive scan since during my old days, I only got the basic CRT standard def TV.

Mainly because for over 10 years now, I haven't completed any Player 538 juggles yet. I still remember this GOD Kazuya combo...b,b+2 CH, ws+2, ws+2, 1, b,b~hellsweep, dEWGF, 1, 1, f+2. This is how awesome the game is on a certain skill level. Who ever said T4 had no combos? All I can say is...LOL.

I'll play TTT2 on PS3 this coming 9/11 though. Tekken 4 will always be my best, favorite game. Add in the fact that without this game, the best girl that loved me would've never entered my life.
Signature You Curry Shit Hey The Nah
ゆっくりしていってね!

Blazblue Philippines - The wheel of fate comes here as well.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/163854303630576/
Leo1993
Kyu
#113 “Quote” Edit Post
Me!
I haven't been on any of my games in a good few months, though =( Need a TV for my room so I can hook the PlayStation 2 up =')
Anywho, it was the first Tekken game I got (12th birthday in 2005), so I'll always love this game!
Signature I like to look up at the stars when I wash the dishes at night. <3
Vinson916
2nd Dan
XBL: Vinson2HYPE916
#114 “Quote” Edit Post
Yea Tekken 4 isn't so bad I still enjoy it. I like the story and the return of Kazuya is bad ass, also the opening cinematic
Signature All about Tekken
Ring4200
Champion
PSN: RyuXXLars4200
XBL: RyuxXxLars4200
#115 “Quote” Edit Post
Sometimes i play Tekken 4. It was the Tekken i play the most.
Signature Heihachi: The Iron fist will never end.
Kazuya: Well done daddy.
Lars: You're the best dad.
Jin: You're legendary grand-pa.
TheMandarin
Mammoth
PSN: The_Mandarin
#116 “Quote” Edit Post
T4 Lee man
Signature TTT Casual vids
Tuesday Never Comes Project: Free Downloads
[URL=http://http://rbnorway.org/ancient-ogre/[/URL]
Belfastpotter
3rd Dan
#117 “Quote” Edit Post
Ive just went threw 1 2 and 3 there onto 4 next,never played it yet!!!
Signature PoTtEr ��
Jyakotu
1st Dan
PSN: JyakotuKurayami
#118 “Quote” Edit Post
I still play Tekken 4, as it's my favorite one in the main series. I loved the direction Namco was going with the game mechanics and the art direction.
Signature : "Vamos acabar logo com isso."
: "VocÍ vai estar lidando comigo."
: *disco dance*
Brinstar
Expert
#119 “Quote” Edit Post
Tekken 4 is the greatest <3 the music, art, stages were the best in the series (in my opinion). I play the game once a week.
Signature Self Righteous Suicide
ohiotekkenguy
1st Dan
XBL: JuEcY gErBiLz
#120 “Quote” Edit Post
I just bought a Tekken 4 arcade machine and to tell you the truth, my experience with 4 has been limited. Can anyone tell me any of the inns and outs with the arcade? Such as common glitches and stuff like that. Thanks so much!