SuperSaiyanLARS: TheComboThread (Read1stPost)

Page Splits 1...<54555657>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
XBL: forest16
#1101 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Junon_FD
wat
Lars Holeman highlights from the recent Royal Rumble way over in Korea.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymdb...embedded#t=103s <--Grand Finals VS JDCR
Lots of d+4 basic low kicks. They really work!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymdb...mbedded#t=1087s <--WS+1 wall combo

Last edited by forest16 on Oct 4th, 2011 at 19:40

Cosmic_Castaway
Dark Knight
PSN: Heavenstrider
#1102 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by forest16
Lots of d+4 basic low kicks. They really work!

No shit, why wouldn't they? They're impossible to block on reaction.
Signature Some days, some nights; some live, some die in the way of the samurai. Some fight, some bleed; sun up to sun down; the sons of a battle-cry.
KiwE
Warrior
#1103 “Quote” Edit Post
I have HUGE problems learning lars; mostly his wallgame. Things were fine on paper but in practice...

Sometimes when doing df1, db21, f1+4 my character just passes through the other character so I'm at the wall backturned (this is versus Bob not Kuma etc) or fucked up angle and I have no idea why. Of course this is not ideal so help? Is it an axis problem? Delay somewhere? How deep I go with the hits before shoulder? The problem doesn't happen (as much) if I just do df1, f1+4 as my wallfinisher.

Secondly; after I finish with shoulder at the wall and techroll, I feel I get bad damage. Low's are ok and a threat I'm talking about the mids. First of ff1+2 becomes punishable and if I use it I get lowdamage around the 55 mark. Shoulderfinish won't connect due to axis after wallsplat > bound for me. If I step sideways they flip so nothing connects.

So; greatly off axis at the wall after the techroll what combos should I be using for ff1+2 wallsplat, ff3 and uf4 (the first two give me a very early wallsplat and I have to bound asap the last one I might get a jab in before I bound). I just don't get enough damage in these cases I feel.

So, uhm, yeah. I have no wallgame.

This NEVER happens at for instant Austic Asia but always on Temple Grounds or Fallen Colony, pisses me off like crazy.

Last edited by KiwE on Oct 11th, 2011 at 22:58

Signature Listen to my latest DJset (Electro/House) @
http://i.mixcloud.com/CBHCx1
Cosmic_Castaway
Dark Knight
#1104 “Quote” Edit Post
When Lars' "passes through" the opponent, is the f+1+4 hitting them? Is the opponent teching? The opponent is able to tech whether or not the f+1+4 hits, so if they do that, then you will end up with your back to the wall. The thing is, f+1+4 causes you to move in pretty deep to get that low wall hit, and because of that (if I remember correctly) Lars will just end up with his back to the wall. It's also a result of the way walls work, and how you're basically just hitting the opponent's head for the last head, and so the game will force Lars past the opponent while the opponent is slumping down off the wall. That's at least the best way I can explain it. It's weird I know, and I don't exactly understand it either, but it's something that happens with other shoulder enders, like Dragunov's WS+1+2.

After f,f+1+2 and f,f+3 at the wall, you should do the following:
u/f+4 B! d/f+1, d/b+2,1, f+1+4
The d/b+2,1 should realign you, allowing for the rest of the combo to reconnect.

I wouldn't use u/f+4 at the wall, but that's just me. I'm sure there's really good options for damage though. Been a while since I hit practice mode. Maybe something like u/f+4, f+2,4 W! u/f+4 B! d/f+1, d/b+2,1, f+1+4 or something like that.

What other problems are you having?
Signature Some days, some nights; some live, some die in the way of the samurai. Some fight, some bleed; sun up to sun down; the sons of a battle-cry.
Morninglord
Synthetic Insanity
PSN: Morninglord
#1105 “Quote” Edit Post
Opponent right up against the wall....

(cosmics juggle off ff+1+2 and ff+3)

uf+4, 2, W! uf+4 B! df1, db21, f+1+4.

Opponent slightly off axis resulting in slight travel time:

ff+1+2 w! de1+2, df1, f+1+4. (or d+3,1, see below)

Opponent nearly parrallel to the wall:

When you get side stun de1 lets you knock them off it and juggle normally alongside the wall.

ff+1+2 side stun W! de1, 2 1, fb21 B! (finisher dependent on how close to corner you are)

If you want safety do fb21 wb!, df1, f+1+4. It is very rare that this whiffs.

After you are behind them do d+4 to mix up with mid. Do d+4 enough times you can backturned hop for rejuggle. They can't interrupt d+4, only block. Can't parry out of techroll.

If you want frames on the wall do d+3,1.
For example, fb21, df1, d+3,1 is only a few points less than f+1+4 with enough frames for ff+1+2 to beat getupkicks. This will not work on any juggle where f+1+4 would result in backturn for you (d+3, (1) happens).

Or my favourite if they like to techroll, d+3, 1 enough time to safely duck and stay ducked as they techroll then do df+1+2. After you've done this a couple of times...
ws1 uf+2 (bitch slap) uf+4, df1, db21, f+1+4.

I call this

"I'm goinnngg looooowwwwwwwwwww psyche"

Generally, d+2 will track techroll to either side against the wall, letting you do ss game. ff+1+2 being punishable only happens if you do it when lars is on a very deep angle. You also usually have enough time on a techroll to df1+2 for some frame advantage or throw attempt.
b+2,1 mixups are decent too, since on b+(2),1 ch you get fb21, df1, f+1+4

Another little trick if they try to stay down and wait for you to whiff something is to do iws2~d. If it's a mid getup de1,2 will rewall. If it's low de 1+2 will let you do the same juggle as uf+4. You can also do d+3,1 on an opponent that lies there since it will reset the oki situation with better frames for you than stomp.

If they don't techroll but instead stay down and immediately getupkick 3 or 4, uf+4 will crush getup3 and blocking will let you f+2,1 for splat. For this reason I don't always like to use f+1+4 for damage since you are on seriously shitty frames afterwards unless they techroll. As in, you can't even hit d+3,1 or try to interrupt with d+4 when they are grounded, getup kick 3 will cleanly beat both for ch juggle. This mostly seems to happen if you hit the full wall combo (eg df1, db21, f+1+4). It's probably to do with the low wall hit.

Lars basic wall safety guide: If in doubt, skip db21.

Last edited by Morninglord on Oct 13th, 2011 at 08:04

Signature Zhan: The real enemy is yourself.
DragunovQuad
3rd Dan
#1106 “Quote” Edit Post
Joining in, anyone tried these juggles before?
CH df+2, fb+21 (b1) DE1, f+2,1~f, SE1
CH df+2, DE1, 21, fb+21 (b!) df+3,3
ff+2, uf+3, ws+2,1 (b!) 1+2
CH db+4, ws+2,1 (b!) 1/2
Signature Achieved Tekken God with:
Dragunov, Lars, Baek, Bob.
Cosmic_Castaway
Dark Knight
#1107 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DragunovQuad
Joining in, anyone tried these juggles before?
CH df+2, fb+21 (b1) DE1, f+2,1~f, SE1
CH df+2, DE1, 21, fb+21 (b!) df+3,3
ff+2, uf+3, ws+2,1 (b!) 1+2
CH db+4, ws+2,1 (b!) 1/2

The first three are not practical, as they do not do as much damage as the staples. Last juggle is a known juggle and uses the alternate post-B! ender to CH d/b+4 to set up for oki.
DragunovQuad
3rd Dan
#1108 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks for your comment on that I just recently started experimenting Juggles (as always) with Lars, for around a month ago.
Signature Achieved Tekken God with:
Dragunov, Lars, Baek, Bob.
Keshtath
Legend
PSN: Keshtath
XBL: Keshtath
#1109 “Quote” Edit Post
Did anyone fine U/F+4, D/F+2, D/B+2,1, f~b+2,1 B! fdash, d/f+1, d/b+2~F, SEN 1? (77 Damage)
Signature Seattle Tekken - http://seattletekken.com/
http://keshtath.blogspot.com/
Cosmic_Castaway
Dark Knight
#1110 “Quote” Edit Post
Yes, that combo has been around for a while now.
Keshtath
Legend
PSN: Keshtath
XBL: Keshtath
#1111 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Cosmic_Castaway
Yes, that combo has been around for a while now.

Okay sorry, didnt see it listed in the Combo List.
Signature Seattle Tekken - http://seattletekken.com/
http://keshtath.blogspot.com/
Cosmic_Castaway
Dark Knight
#1112 “Quote” Edit Post
All good. It's probably not listed because it isn't that useful, considering u/f+4, f+1,2,3~DE1, f,b+2,1 DE1~SE3 is the same amount of damage, with better oki.
KhronicKicks
Shihan
XBL: The Kickb0xer
#1113 “Quote” Edit Post
I feel that d/b 2 f 1 is a great combo ender. Does more damage than ff3 4 or b 1+2?
Signature GGnoRE
Superboltboy
Destroyer
PSN: Boltgear
#1114 “Quote” Edit Post
He said 'with better oki' not necessarily greater dmg. Sometime it's worth ''sacrificing'' a little dmg for an awesome oki that can decimate (it's also great near the wall)
Ghazard
Kyu
#1115 “Quote” Edit Post
This thread should include resets, delaying DE 2 will work. I mean there r no threads containing tech traps either )P.
And also.
UF 4, SS, DE 2, DF 1, DB 2 1, FB 2 1, FF DF1, FF F DB 2 F(SE) 1
works and does very gud amount of dmg if u can input right.
Thhx 4 the other combos tho
Signature http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/2876/hwoarangm.png
Lars FTW
MattZ
5th Dan
#1116 “Quote” Edit Post
Experimenting with lars and found his most damaging combo from f1+2, though not sure if its been posted although i don't think it has

Only works on marduk...

SSR f1+2, df1, df1, df1, df3~D DE1, fb21 (b!), df3~D DE1~F SE1 ....89 damage

btw u SSR only a little bit, so fb21 connects properly

EDIT: after B!, iSW does more damage than df3~D DE1~F SE1

Last edited by MattZ on Apr 26th, 2013 at 07:27

Signature Ready for MYLO XYLOTO

Kazzy_Jin
Iron Fist God
PSN: yeah right....
#1117 “Quote” Edit Post
you can combo without the SSR and just connecting two df1s. didn't know about that one though. i'll try it when i get the chance
Signature Does it look like I give a shit?
MattZ
5th Dan
#1118 “Quote” Edit Post
oh right, SSR will also allow the 3 df1s to connect with the df3

basicially you NEED to SSR for everything to connect
Signature Ready for MYLO XYLOTO

Cosmic_Castaway
Dark Knight
#1119 “Quote” Edit Post
Three more damage for an inconsistent combo and a non-optimal ender. I'd personally just take the 86 damage off f1+2, df1, df1, df3~DE1, fb21, df3~DE1~SE3 + the oki, and go with it.

Props on finding the combo though, I can't seem to get it to land. And I'm no slouch at execution.
Superboltboy
Destroyer
PSN: Boltgear
#1120 “Quote” Edit Post
oki>damage anyday.

SE3 is awesome, especially following up with a DE cancel. If you even luckier do DE 1+2 just when they're rolling back ^^