Page Splits <123
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Minty_Pears
Tekken Lord Black
XBL: MntT77
#41 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by IRON LOBSTER things may change in the final build -13 shotgun, 2, spin and -12 standing 4 WTFH!!!

See, some of Julia's nerfs in TTT2 make sense. For instance, making FC df+4,3 not wall-splat anymore was a sensible decision (an unseeable low that does over 30 damage and has decent tracking is still plenty good). But stuff like making standing 4 -12 on block makes no sense whatsoever...
Signature "The angels cry each time you say goodbye"

IRON LOBSTER
Sansau
#42 “Quote” Edit Post
spin and shotgun 2 nerf is horrible, empty spin becomes useless because someone mashing jab is still going to hit you so the idea of training someone to keep still because of the threat of shotgun > 2 becomes moot as just about everyone in the game has a decent i10 - i13 punisher, so they'll just wait now - it won't change the way shotgun 2 lands but its so risky now, your mind games will have to be sharp

besides ch moves like this shouldn't be so unsafe, if your opp was pushing buttons its their fault

that and no taunt cancel makes her a little dry for creativity considering the new stuff's pants

as saiyuk said a while back - back to elbow spam + 3 on hit is pretty good

keep no splat bow and arrow (br julia would be too sick in this game otherwise) the ttt2 one leaving your opp right if front of you on hit is a decent buff of sorts

...still raging at spin/shotgun 2
Signature Changs of Ireland...Twice.
bob in der bahn
Iron Fist God
PSN: bob_at
#43 “Quote” Edit Post
yea i don't like 2 things
shotgun spin back to t5 style :/
and no spin after ws2

i loved ws2,4,2...always ch's ppl who try to launch you for ws2,1

but let's just wait and see how the new stuff is
Signature i has a bucket !
zer0kage
&#40658;&#39438;&#22
PSN: MrZaKaGi
XBL: zer0kage
#44 “Quote” Edit Post
I'll make it work!

Bob der bahn... that sounds interesting, does it work because ws2 has more blockstun than shotgun or 1,2?

Last edited by zer0kage on Sep 1st, 2011 at 12:39

Signature 我は空、我は鋼、我は刃!!我は一繰り剣にて全ての罪を刈り取り悪を滅する!
Kev!n
Iron Fist God
#45 “Quote” Edit Post
Someone on twitter told Harada he wanted Michelle in TTT2 and his answer was warm, "OK...Okie, I'll consider about this. Sleep well. See you soon". Of course, he is probably just placating the locusts that are his twitter followers and she likely won't be in the game, but it's interesting considering he could've simply ignored the request.

Jaycee nerfs, no surprise to me. Like I said months ago, her decent standing on the tier list was compromised the moment she found herself on Namco's radar.
IRON LOBSTER
Sansau
#46 “Quote” Edit Post
or "sleep well" could mean, 'fear no fanboy for michelle will be capcom style dlc' (hopefully with ttt1 i12 knd blue sparks shotgun!)

who knows - it's not like namco these days to completely delete a moveset, f1+2, ff1+2 f3~1 etc

i am being hopeful and optimistic here, i would main michelle if she came back (1995 michelle fanboy here)
Kev!n
Iron Fist God
#47 “Quote” Edit Post
Namco's been awful with Tekken dlc nor do I expect them to be anything but with their busy lineup. So I'm not holding my breath.

But I'd like to see Michelle in TTT2, it'd be nice to launch, elbow, elbow, elbow, elbow, elbow, elbow, b!, elbow, elbow, elbow, elbow, for ACTUAL damage. What bothered me was how she magically disappeared without any explanation once Julia was introduced, as though they no longer needed her because Julia satisfied their Native American affirmative action quota.
bob in der bahn
Iron Fist God
PSN: bob_at
#48 “Quote” Edit Post
you mean shotgun, shotgun, shotgun, shotgun,....
Signature i has a bucket !
Kev!n
Iron Fist God
#49 “Quote” Edit Post
BR's shotgun overload for me so I'm feeling nostalgic for me broken elbows!
Snap
Where's the cheese?
#50 “Quote” Edit Post
Played some JC today.

b+3 is now ws punishable.

iSW, df+3, f,f+1,4 will catch them in the back if they stand after the throw.

uf+4,3, 4, d,df+1~4~1, f+2,2,2B! dash d,df+1,2 is her new staple if the basic guide is to be believed.
Also:
db+2, f,F+3, d,df+1~4~1, d,df+1~4~1+2B! dash, d,df+1~4, d+1+2

Without her old df+3+4, it's unclear what to do after things like get up trip or low parry.

All her throws look really really, similar so that might make breaking harder. Her iSW on ground is quite effective.
f+4:1+4 is like King's f+3:1+2. Nice new mid.

d,db+1+3 is a tag throw. With King, it goes into his d+1+3 crouch throw.

f+3 moves are still relatively untested, but they seem quite safe.

f+2+3 is a shoulder barge a la King. Looks safe, but if it's anything like his, it'll be -10.

Oh, and JC has customs that will take off her mask and clearly show her face. I don't have a pic but it's def Julia under there.

Last edited by Snap on Sep 14th, 2011 at 16:52

IRON LOBSTER
Sansau
#51 “Quote” Edit Post
nice one man

1) is d,db1+3~5 with a.king?

2) b3's -13 in t6 brand b3,4 was safe so how punishable was b3_b3,4?

3) can she get into bridge stance db1+2 from FUFT?

4) how fast is db2?

5) does uf4,3, 4, d,df1,4,1 f2,2,2b! do more damage than the old version with 2 shotgun spins?

6) i'm assuming with no more (teef!) oki after iwr1 post b! d,df,1~4, d1+2 is now her best post b! option

7) is the old 1+3 (death valley bomb) throw well and truly gone now? (T_T was in the e3 build)

8) is 2~b, 3+4 (butt barge) safe on block?

9) is db3 launchable still???

10) how's 4~3 for oki?

11) annnnd (here it comes bob!) is ch4 -12, shotgun, 2 and spin -13 and is taunt cancellabe??? WE MUST KNOW!!!

photo's of maskless jc please

thanks man

Last edited by IRON LOBSTER on Sep 14th, 2011 at 18:58

Snap
Where's the cheese?
#52 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by IRON LOBSTER
nice one man

1) is d,db1+3~5 with a.king?

2) b3's -13 in t6 brand b3,4 was safe so how punishable was b3_b3,4?

3) can she get into bridge stance db1+2 from FUFT?

4) how fast is db2?

5) does uf4,3, 4, d,df1,4,1 f2,2,2b! do more damage than the old version with 2 shotgun spins?

6) i'm assuming with no more (teef!) oki after iwr1 post b! d,df,1~4, d1+2 is now her best post b! option

7) is the old 1+3 (death valley bomb) throw well and truly gone now? (T_T was in the e3 build)

8) is 2~b, 3+4 (butt barge) safe on block?

9) is db3 launchable still???

10) how's 4~3 for oki?

11) annnnd (here it comes bob!) is ch4 -12, shotgun, 2 and spin -13 and is taunt cancellabe??? WE MUST KNOW!!!

photo's of maskless jc please

thanks man

1) Works with Ak too. Goes into his headbutt throw. It might be generic and usable with everyone.

2) Unsure. Sorry, it had slipped my mind that b+3 was ws-punishable already. The 4 is still safe tho.

3) No, she can't go to bridge from grounded, although she does have a face up spring up, 3+4. It's mid and hits.

4) Pretty slow, I'm guessing around 17 frames. Looks around -13 on block.

5) Not sure yet. It's hard to check damages with challengers all the time.

6) Also unsure. You have choices tho, like dash, d,df+1,2 or iSW or whatever.

7) Yes.

8) It's actually 2~b, 2+3. It's NC and won't come out otherwise. Her jab punish of choice. I couldn't check W! capabilities.

9) Not sure. If it was before, it probably still is.

10) Yeah, it hits grounded, although f,f+2 still seems a better choice. Fact is, f,f+2 does everything 4~3 does but keeps you standing.

11) I don't understand your question here.

In other news:

db+1+2 (bridge)>
1+2 - voldo bump. Can use in TA! for serious comedic effect.
f+1+2 - forward dive. Looks good but doesn't cause KND and leaves you FDHT. I'm not seeing the use for this yet.
4 - cartwheel up to standing. Think Asuka ws+3. It's not a launcher of any sort.

f+3,3 is a mid launcher and looks totally safe, although linear. Timing is strict, but you can elbow or shotgun after it. Unfortunately, you must commit totally to the f+3 string. You can't f+3, wait to see the op's reaction, 3. This is true for the 1 (high lariat), 2 (mid chop), and 1+2 (throw) also.

f+2,2,1 is her TA! of choice. Huge wall carry and King can iSW after it.

4~[2]>1 timing seems stricter.

Generally, she's grown on me. She's base Julia with King moves blended in which makes her easy for me to use. She's suffered some nerfs but she's got enough new stuff to keep her usable. She pairs well with King for me too.

Oh, I should take back the iSW, db+3 in the back thing. I think it only works if they roll back or something.
IRON LOBSTER
Sansau
#53 “Quote” Edit Post
thanks snap!

sorry i'll be clearer for 11) bob is 'bob in der bahn' - we're both obsessed over if julia's ch4 is still -12 on block as it was in the e3 build and is shotgun spin = d,df1,3_4 (then hold back) -13, (spin's safe in BR) and is shotgun,2 = d,df1,2 also -13 on block?

hmm can you check to see if jaycee/julia db2 punishes law ws2 -18 and paul's deathfist -17 please

does julia f2,2,1 in TA! work after a long juggle string? eg, king uf4, f2,2, 1, b,2,1+2b! or asuka f2, uf3, 1+4, 2,1,1+2b!

2~b is i12 so if butt barge (it was 3+4 in the e3 build) is guaranteed after that's a sick i12 punisher

also is isw less damaging after long combos than iwr1? and does isw offer better oki?

again much thanks man

(photo of maskless jaycee!)
AlexisCCS:HIP-H
7th Dan
PSN: AlexisHipHopVzla
#54 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks a lot for the info Snap !!

I have some questions:

ff+3 still 13F speed? or is 14F now? it look easy to do now, what do you think?

which is for you the best pocking now? And the best safe move?

Can you SS to JC's UF4,3?

How fast is now her ws2,1? in T6 is 18F but for combo, now is not posible combo there, can you do d+1+2?

Here is JC witout mask, Im enjoy the video rith now.

@ Iron Lobster, AlexisHipHop here from Venezuela, see at Milan Tournament !!

Saludos
Signature Tekken Rules Venezuela // IN DA HOUSE
IRON LOBSTER
Sansau
#55 “Quote” Edit Post
hey alexis! is great ivyn coming with you?

in the build i played ff3 was still the same speed and df1 oc +14 into ff3 still worked

ws2,1 was the same speed too but no juggle, still wall splats, on a float i've seen ff1 juggle

i've posted pictures and a video link to maskless julia in the ttt2 jaycee forums
Kairat
Kyu
#56 “Quote” Edit Post
JayCee is intresting, but a like Julia in T6
LetS
3rd Dan
#57 “Quote” Edit Post
JayCee has ISW, it's so really good!!
Vexion
Iron Fist God
PSN: VexionOFFICIAL
#58 “Quote” Edit Post
I was watching a trailer and from what I saw they gave Jaycee a move that was taken out of Julia in Tekken 6. It was that move that you would normally see Michelle do 1 + 4, 3
Signature ~Vexion
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
XBL: ForestSkies
#59 “Quote” Edit Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGF4VBrkBrE For SCIENCE!

This is such a Julia Chang song.

RIP Julia Chang.