Tekken Tag 2 PC Release?

Page Splits 123>...5
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >

Poll Results

Tekken Tag 2 PC Release?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes
79 77.45%
No
23 22.55%
102 Votes 100%
Pixel
Xiaoyu & Raven
PSN: NinthPixel
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Should Tekken Tag 2 be released on PC as well as console when the home version is completed, or are you willing for all those without arcades to settle for less? http://twitpic.com/78luui/full
Signature I play on a Hit Box ( http://hitboxarcade.com )
I may be garbage, but I am the leakiest garbage you will ever take out to the dumpster.
DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
PSN: dropkick_br
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
If that means we can create our own customizations/skins then...

Well... even with that, I'm still undecided... I still love my arcade...

----------

EDIT:
customizable sticks...
easy print-screen-ing...
easy to record combo vids...

It might be good, but it won't happen especially with all the piracy issues PCs are known about...
Signature : Steve, you will not go and hang out to those joke characters Paul and Law anymore.
: Mom! Since I joined this tourney I didn't have a chance to have friends!
: I'm telling you. Don't hang out with them anymore and that's FINAL!
*Steve looks sad*
: Steve, Look at your auntie, she's a joke. Do you want to be like her?
yiggs
#BUFFLING
PSN: yiggs_au
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Much like capcom's SFIV and uMVC3, if Namco release tekken on PC, it probably won't boost sales by THAT much, BUT it will open up the doors to a LOT more people playing the game. Not to mention, superior online (probably).

TAKE MY MONEY! I'll buy!
Signature #BUFFLING
kuni_hwoarang
Masks are hot.
PSN: kunibob
XBL: kunibob
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm all for it: get it out on as many platforms as possible, make as much $$$ as possible, and keep my Tekken going!
Signature ^^^^^^^
This post is 99% likely to be sarcastic.
ZeroX03
Iron Fist God
PSN: ZeroX03
XBL: ZeroXZ03
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Go for it. Better online, better graphics and more??????? Hell yeah!
Signature

http://www.youtube.com/user/ZeroXZ03
Jordyce
Hope Springs Eternal
PSN: Jordyce
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
I have arcade access and am a Mac owner... cannot see appeal...
Signature www.twitter.com/jordyce [you know what to do]
Baraka
Flying Wonkey
PSN: FlyingWonkey
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Mods, lots and lots mods.

Oh and some decent anti-aliasing would be nice too.
Signature Avoiding The PuddleTwitterYouTube
AZYG4LYFE
Follow The Ladder
PSN: CKT_AZYG4LYFE
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Doing Combo's on keyboard/Pad USB, actually yes to that! Online++ Laptop++

AZ
Signature #CKT, 360Gaming Major: Top 16 (Joint 9th), Warriors Return 3: Top 3 (3rd), Versus Fighting 4: Top 3 (3rd)
5% of my funds are from the Agnes Iro Agency, the rest are from hard work. I am a generous giver too.
Please visit my site, I'd love to hear from you www.azyg4lyfe.com
iheartalisa
4th Dan
PSN: hayanninja370
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Signature PSN ID: hayanninja370
IRON LOBSTER
Sansau
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
That would be a dream come true!

+10
Signature Changs of Ireland...Twice.
Kimchi13
4th Dan
PSN: kimchi1988
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Unless they decide to put it on mac, I think I'm happy with waiting for the console version.
Mundo
Iron Fist God
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Baraka
Mods, lots and lots mods.

Oh and some decent anti-aliasing would be nice too.

Naked Alisa go go go.
luksgammer360
Deity
PSN: luksgammer
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Absolutely yes! It will be easier to record combos and both online and graphics would get improved.
Kane
afternoon tea tea 2
PSN: emily_rochefort
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
I am all for a PC version as long as graphics are arcade perfect [ie. not downgraded like the console versions] ... online would be interesting
Signature ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 👯 ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠ )ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
farhan
Virtuoso
PSN: VergilNeloAngelo
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
NO.

Going multiplat was a big folly on the part of Namco because Tekken 6 could not fully utilize the PS3 hardware and blu-ray disc space. If they are to go and make a PC version with TTT2, it'll further lower the standard of the game as they'll have to put a lot of effort in making all the three versions identical instead of devoting their efforts solely to making my PS3 version as perfect as possible

Plus, I don't see that many PC owners who have a blu-ray drive installed on their PCs or an HD DVD drive (does that even exist?)
The regular DVD simply lacks the capacity to contain so much data that the modern dauy console games pack.
Therefore, the PC version, if they decide to make it, will probably be a lackluster stripped down low-res version of the original game like Tekken 6 on PSP.
Signature walls, breakable environments, item moves, rage and bound have ruined tekken gameplay.
Pophorn
Virtuoso
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Sure, PC gamers are the best in the world. That could attract talent, plus modding and software goodness, if PC TTT2 is convenient, cheap and easy to use.
ZeroX03
Iron Fist God
PSN: ZeroX03
XBL: ZeroXZ03
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by farhan
NO.

Going multiplat was a big folly on the part of Namco because Tekken 6 could not fully utilize the PS3 hardware and blu-ray disc space. If they are to go and make a PC version with TTT2, it'll further lower the standard of the game as they'll have to put a lot of effort in making all the three versions identical instead of devoting their efforts solely to making my PS3 version as perfect as possible

Plus, I don't see that many PC owners who have a blu-ray drive installed on their PCs or an HD DVD drive (does that even exist?)
The regular DVD simply lacks the capacity to contain so much data that the modern dauy console games pack.
Therefore, the PC version, if they decide to make it, will probably be a lackluster stripped down low-res version of the original game like Tekken 6 on PSP.

So much fail in this post.
Signature

http://www.youtube.com/user/ZeroXZ03
Baraka
Flying Wonkey
PSN: FlyingWonkey
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
NO.

-snip-

pfffftahahahahahahahahahhaahah oh wow
Dilly
When in doubt, D+3+4
PSN: DancesWithNoobs
XBL: DancesWithNoobs
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
NO.

Disc space means nothing to a PC. You could release a multi-disc PC version since you INSTALL to the hard-drive, and it'd work seemlessly regardless of how many discs the installation would require.

Next, PC NEVER holds back development. A low-mid range video card right now spanks the consoles around like red headed step children. A meager GTX 460 has double the ram of the entire consoles single handedly, and literally over 10x the shader power of the consoles (if you factor in clock speed and the instructions possible per clock you're talking more like 20x).

A $150 quad core can slap the processing power of either console around like a hooker who only came up with $100 for the day. Hell, the 4 year old Q6600 is faster than what you presently see in the consoles.

In terms of system memory, you're talking between 4gb and 24gb in most systems. Compare that to the 512mb found in the consoles split between the cpu and gpu.

So basically, you'd be talking about a version of the game that could run at 2560x1440, 32xAA, 16xAF at a constant 60fps with MUCH smoother online play thanks to having more system resources to devote to the streaming of data.

So...you wouldn't want a PC port why???
Signature Need the hook-up on cable service? Get at me.

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...threadid=124372
yiggs
#BUFFLING
PSN: yiggs_au
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
I'd happily upgrade my piece of shit computer or buy a new rig just to play this game.
Signature #BUFFLING