Location for OFFLINE PLAY in Dedham MA

Page Splits 123>
Share This Topic
Share
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Fighting Game Panel
gill hustle
3rd Dan
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 39
From: USA Massachusetts
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Hi everybody Gill Hustle here.

Just like to let you guys new that I've opened gaming center available to the public in Dedham called Ultimate Gaming Spot or UGS for short.

Right now I'm only available to have it open on Saturdays from 6pm to 12pm due to my schedule and as such made this a Fight Night. Meaning that pretty much all the systems will have fighters in them.

I know SSF4 and MVC3 pretty much are what most people play so I'll have those along with Tekken and other titles as well.

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee361/Gill_Hustle/2011-10-15180307.jpg

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee361/Gill_Hustle/2011-10-05184215.jpg

The address is 529 Providence Highway Dedham MA located inside the METRO PCS store.

For any questions, respond to the thread or call 857.247.4180

Last edited by gill hustle on Oct 20th, 2011 at 03:26

OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2221
From: USA Massachusetts
PSN: OffInBed
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
May I please Text this number??? lol
Signature Mobile Frame Data app and media Center AVAILABLE IN ANDROID MARKET!!Tekken Chicken: A mobile Frame data app made for the community, BY the community!


Tekken Chicken Facebook page: Facebook.com/TekkenChicken


#BUFFLARS
Gavotron
Master
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 193
From: USA Rhode Island
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
lag free monitors and such? pay per hour/flat rate deal?
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2221
From: USA Massachusetts
PSN: OffInBed
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Would we be able to bring our own CRTs? -shrug-
Signature Mobile Frame Data app and media Center AVAILABLE IN ANDROID MARKET!!Tekken Chicken: A mobile Frame data app made for the community, BY the community!


Tekken Chicken Facebook page: Facebook.com/TekkenChicken


#BUFFLARS
Kurai Ryu
is SUPERCHARGED!!
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 5451
From: USA Massachusetts
PSN: Kurairyu
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Gavotron
lag free monitors and such? pay per hour/flat rate deal?
This is important.
Signature ~aka Nightblade~ "OhRiri?"

Originally posted by MYK [jamgi]
[Kaz]11 party on the wall all day.
gill hustle
3rd Dan
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 39
From: USA Massachusetts
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Gavotron
lag free monitors and such? pay per hour/flat rate deal?


Asus 2ms and pricing still to be finalized.

But yeah, come around six play NICE and for FREE till the end of the month!
gill hustle
3rd Dan
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 39
From: USA Massachusetts
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by OffInBed
Would we be able to bring our own CRTs? -shrug-


Only outside stuff allowed will be personal controllers and games.

Tekken 6 will be running on one PS3 and one 360. I'm working on my layout with "other fighters" so depending on how that goes this is how it is atm.

If the TEKKEN FORCE is strong I'll make note of it for the future

I'm real glad you guys are responding but at the same time I'm trying to build a community but I also have to show my investors something profitable and organized.

Also no outside food please.
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2221
From: USA Massachusetts
PSN: OffInBed
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by gill hustle
Only outside stuff allowed will be personal controllers and games.

Tekken 6 will be running on one PS3 and one 360. I'm working on my layout with "other fighters" so depending on how that goes this is how it is atm.

If the TEKKEN FORCE is strong I'll make note of it for the future

I'm real glad you guys are responding but at the same time I'm trying to build a community but I also have to show my investors something profitable and organized.

Also no outside food please.


You still never answered the question as to whether or not the monitors are lag free (which I kinda doubt).

Just wanna let you know there IS a community out here. And I know many many people who just want a place to play Tekken, and unfortunately I can't take all of them to my friends house (where half of the MA scene sessions on occasion). I'm really happy that someone is taking the initiative to establish something closer to the city, I'm going to help as much as I can. What times are you available to call? I'm bout to just call right now lol.

Edit: just realized you did address the lag kinda. I'ma look into that monitor though.
Signature Mobile Frame Data app and media Center AVAILABLE IN ANDROID MARKET!!Tekken Chicken: A mobile Frame data app made for the community, BY the community!


Tekken Chicken Facebook page: Facebook.com/TekkenChicken


#BUFFLARS
Gavotron
Master
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 193
From: USA Rhode Island
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
he did, he said they were asus monitors with 2ms of lag, which is pretty much the best u can get atm for "lag free" hd monitors
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2221
From: USA Massachusetts
PSN: OffInBed
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Aww damn..i just tried to edit that before anyone noticed i missed it lol.. you damn F5er
Signature Mobile Frame Data app and media Center AVAILABLE IN ANDROID MARKET!!Tekken Chicken: A mobile Frame data app made for the community, BY the community!


Tekken Chicken Facebook page: Facebook.com/TekkenChicken


#BUFFLARS
gill hustle
3rd Dan
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 39
From: USA Massachusetts
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by OffInBed
You still never answered the question as to whether or not the monitors are lag free (which I kinda doubt).

Just wanna let you know there IS a community out here. And I know many many people who just want a place to play Tekken, and unfortunately I can't take all of them to my friends house (where half of the MA scene sessions on occasion). I'm really happy that someone is taking the initiative to establish something closer to the city, I'm going to help as much as I can. What times are you available to call? I'm bout to just call right now lol.

Edit: just realized you did address the lag kinda. I'ma look into that monitor though.


As far as questions you can ask here or PM as I don't have the phone atm (partner does) primarily I was using it to give directions. Worse case leave a message.

And yeah I've had people test the screens, someone said these type were at EVO but don't quote me on that, come check em out.
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2221
From: USA Massachusetts
PSN: OffInBed
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
FFFF I won't be able to make it this Saturday at all. but I am pretty sure any other Saturday i'd be available. Looking forward to this!
Signature Mobile Frame Data app and media Center AVAILABLE IN ANDROID MARKET!!Tekken Chicken: A mobile Frame data app made for the community, BY the community!


Tekken Chicken Facebook page: Facebook.com/TekkenChicken


#BUFFLARS
gill hustle
3rd Dan
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 39
From: USA Massachusetts
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by OffInBed
FFFF I won't be able to make it this Saturday at all. but I am pretty sure any other Saturday i'd be available. Looking forward to this!


Sorry to hear that cuz yo sounded so excited, I may be able to something on Sunday AS WELL if enough people are interested.

I'll update here tomorrow if that's a yes.
gill hustle
3rd Dan
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 39
From: USA Massachusetts
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Okay, I've outlined the set ups for tomorrow as:

SSF4 AE on Xbox 360

MVC3 on Xbox

Tekken 6 on both PS3 and 360

Arcana Heart 3 for PS3

BlazBlue 360 this system can run Xbox Live Arcade titles (ALL SNK arcade KOF anyone!) and can run MK, SSF4 AE, MVC as a back up if needed. I don't know too many BB players but am making the latest version available for play.

DOA4 360 (since people are interested in this again)

and Gears Of War 3 on two 360 set ups for link play for whatever gametypes. (more may be added depending how things go.)

Other fighters I have are VF5, Battle Fantasia, and MK. depending how things go I have DJ Hero 2 with dual turntables as well.
gill hustle
3rd Dan
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 39
From: USA Massachusetts
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks to everyone who made it out Saturday, good times!

On another note I've decided to open up for Saturday (6pm-12am) AND Sunday (3pm-10pm) this coming weekend since so many people were in favor.

Would have done it today, but needed time to myself and figured for better advance notice. If you were unable to make it last Saturday hope to see you in the future!

Gill
gill hustle
3rd Dan
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 39
From: USA Massachusetts
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Okay gang,

Looks like everything is a go for tomorrow on Saturday and Sunday at the times I posted above.

On another note, I recently purchased new fight pads for 360 (I know most Tekken heads are on PS3) so If you wanna get games on that machine you can try these:

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee361/Gill_Hustle/FightPad.jpg

They seem more catered to SF players, but they were the best pads I could find ATM.
SpartaMA
Berserker
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 418
From: USA Massachusetts
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Damn, crazy New England weather messing up plans for tonight. The weather in this region never ceases to amaze me, even while growing up here. Depending on how bad it will become, I might be able to stop by tonight. If not, I will visit this new venue at some point. I respect your decision to open up a place promoting players for OFFLINE competition. Good luck!
gill hustle
3rd Dan
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 39
From: USA Massachusetts
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SpartaMA
Damn, crazy New England weather messing up plans for tonight. The weather in this region never ceases to amaze me, even while growing up here. Depending on how bad it will become, I might be able to stop by tonight. If not, I will visit this new venue at some point. I respect your decision to open up a place promoting players for OFFLINE competition. Good luck!


Well tonight was pretty much dead till 8pm . . . then a few heads showed up.

We had 8 people and stuck to SSF4 AE and VF5 (GASP!) but the real joy was finally getting to play Scott Pilgrim 4 player co-op!

Don't forget we are open Sunday 3pm-10pm today.

It'd be great if some Tekken heads rolled through, we're dying to meet you guys!
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2221
From: USA Massachusetts
PSN: OffInBed
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
YO!!


So I definitely decided to make the commitment to going. I'm also going to be bringing my girlfriend (don't worry, no bitch-fits are to be had). I want to get as much people as we can going. I can promise you we can at least roll 4-5 people deep, however if we were to bring more, would you be able to adjust for more Tekken monitors?


Also 4 player scott pilgrim sounds amazing, you should also include castle cashers (for my gf to play at least)

Any who, I'M SO PUMPED FOR THIS!! FINALLY A NEAR BY GAMING CENTRAL!!!
Signature Mobile Frame Data app and media Center AVAILABLE IN ANDROID MARKET!!Tekken Chicken: A mobile Frame data app made for the community, BY the community!


Tekken Chicken Facebook page: Facebook.com/TekkenChicken


#BUFFLARS
gill hustle
3rd Dan
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 39
From: USA Massachusetts
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Anybody lookking for games tonight? Gotta run by the shop and since it is last day of October was thinking about hanging around. Post or call if u can make it.

 All times are GMT. The time now is 10:21

Page Splits 123>
Moderator Tools
Forum Jump