T6BR Baek vs (other character) thread

Page Splits 1...<789
Share This Topic
Share
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Turbo Baek
Legend
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 533
From: USA Michigan
PSN: ya ya son!
XBL: Dunsford52
#161 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by aryee
Have u got any tips for fighting Lee or Steve..?

I was messing around against steve in practice and that guy is insanely hard to punish! Maybe Paul can do a bit better, but Baek we are looking at like 5 moves we can punish. However I did find one thing out...

Steve's b+1,2,1 string can be TKD'd!!! Of all the available options, you can block it all and get a 2,2. You could parry the low for a 49dmg combo. You could hop kick the low for high 70's combo (with counter hit). Or you could ifla u/f+3 for high 80's dmg... or you could TKD that bitz for 99dmg! By that I mean block the b+1, then b+3 SS the 2, and fla SSR the last 1 and you'll be behind him... then simply 3,4,4,4 for an insane back turned juggle compliments of LordTKD (the juggle is fla 3,4,4,4, ws2,1, d/f+3,4). Or if you're crazy and can get the ultra-inconsistent BT juggle of fla 3,4,4,4 cc 4,3,3~f, 1,2,3~f, b+3, d/f+3,4 and if it somehow hits then you get around 109dmg!

Can't wait to test this out on NIN at the next big tourney...
Signature Attention Baek n00bs!

You NO LONGER do the flamingo wave dash by hitting d/f+3~f to cancel into the fla and then holding 3 while rolling from f to d/f and hit 4~f all while holding 3. So its NOT d/f+[3]~f, d/f+4~f, d/f+4~f, d/f+4~f.

Now its just d/f+3~f a buncha times.
NoodleHead
will touch u gently
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 16941
From: USA Indiana
PSN: TastyPPJuice
#162 “Quote” Edit Post
about BT FLA 3,4,4,4 combo, I am not sure if anyone have noticed, but you can do this.

(on bt opp) FLA 3,4,4,4 ws+1,3 FLA b+3 B! d/f+3,4(?, the last part I forgot, but I was playing around w/ it a while ago.)


Which... makes it a Noodle-special TKD lol.


EDIT: just tested it again. It works. 105 damage EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH~~~~~ Easy as hell, since there's no need of canceling anything!



(maybe I really should start using Baek more lol. I was almost thinking of giving my baek mod position to Tick, hahaha)

Last edited by NoodleHead on Sep 17th, 2010 at 04:38

Tick
The Baekinator
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 4348
From: USA Wisconsin
PSN: Tikkuropolis
#163 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by NoodleHead
(maybe I really should start using Baek more lol. I was almost thinking of giving my baek mod position to Tick, hahaha)


i wouldn't turn the honor down

but you do fine work, i don't see any reason to change unless you're gonna completely abandon our wacky kicking korean
NoodleHead
will touch u gently
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 16941
From: USA Indiana
PSN: TastyPPJuice
#164 “Quote” Edit Post
LOL of course you wouldn't, but I was very serious in considering giving you, or at least recommending you the Baek mod position. However I've got a much more ambitious plans...

Have you guys tried the TKD juggle yet? I did the test on Baek (normal sized character), so I wasn't sure if it hits small characters.
Inserity
Iron Fist God
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1734
From: USA California
PSN: Inserity
#165 “Quote” Edit Post
Ok, time to straighten some things up here lol.
Originally posted by Tick
Baek has the best WS+4 punisher in the game
I beg to differ. I think Julia's is better because it does fantastic damage (ok, 6dmg less than Baek), KND, and leads to awesome mixups. Better than Baek imo. But yeah Baek's is really good for not KND.
Originally posted by Turbo Baek
Steve's b+1,2,1 string can be TKD'd!!! Of all the available options, you can block it all and get a 2,2.
I believe Steve's (b+1,2,)1 is safe on block.

~~~

BT FLA 3,4,4,4... I don't think this is guaranteed. There's a lot of times the opponent will turn around and the last 4 will miss. Perfect example would be: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNh32Tl8B2o#t=1m10s It completely whiffs and he gets launched for it. Maybe 'cause it wasn't completely BT but on his side? I know FLA 3,3,4 works every time.

And for combos afterward: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbZNJLzJ4Qc#t=0m47s



I usually do 4,3,3~f, FLA b+3, B! into either WS+4,4 or 4,4.

But that's a really good combo Noodle. I'll have to try that out.

Last edited by Inserity on Sep 17th, 2010 at 20:35

Tick
The Baekinator
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 4348
From: USA Wisconsin
PSN: Tikkuropolis
#166 “Quote” Edit Post
FLA 3,4,4,4 is guaranteed when you are at the opponent's back, but you must be on a certain axis or they will be able to evade it or turn around in time. in the example you gave, he was not completely behind his opponent.

as for Julia's WS+4, i think i'll hold my ground on saying Baek's is better. first of all, they're both 11 frames, which is amazingly fast. however, Julia's WS+4 is -15 on block, making it launch-punishable. not only is Baek's WS+4 safe, but you can hit confirm the second hit (fairly easily too) and go into flamingo from there. so unlike Julia's, you can just throw Baek's out without fear of repercussions.

the problem i guess is that Baek's WS+4,4 is -16, but if you mix up your cancels the opponent might not try to punish. in fact, very few players i've played against even know that WS+4,4 is punishable, despite the fact that it certainly looks like it. maybe some can't see much difference between d/f+4,4 and WS+4,4?
xxBiGaSxx
Legend
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 540
From: Philippines
#167 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Tick
FLA 3,4,4,4 is guaranteed when you are at the opponent's back, but you must be on a certain axis or they will be able to evade it or turn around in time. in the example you gave, he was not completely behind his opponent.

as for Julia's WS+4, i think i'll hold my ground on saying Baek's is better. first of all, they're both 11 frames, which is amazingly fast. however, Julia's WS+4 is -15 on block, making it launch-punishable. not only is Baek's WS+4 safe, but you can hit confirm the second hit (fairly easily too) and go into flamingo from there. so unlike Julia's, you can just throw Baek's out without fear of repercussions.

the problem i guess is that Baek's WS+4,4 is -16, but if you mix up your cancels the opponent might not try to punish. in fact, very few players i've played against even know that WS+4,4 is punishable, despite the fact that it certainly looks like it. maybe some can't see much difference between d/f+4,4 and WS+4,4?


i hate it but FLA 3,4,4,4 isnt guaranteed in opponents back at any axis. it can be interupted. FLA 3,4,4,3 is guaranteed, especialy when the opponent tries to interupt it coz tha last hit counters for a stun.. just a tip for those who dont know yet. or maybe i shouldnt have said it since other players would know how to counter it now.. hahaha!
Tick
The Baekinator
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 4348
From: USA Wisconsin
PSN: Tikkuropolis
#168 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah, we talked about that in another thread...throwing between the 3rd and 4th move seems to be the best escape from this back trap, but if you use FLA 3,4,4,3 instead, you won't get a counterhit if they do this. While still not a bad choice, I would keep going for FLA 3,4,4,4 since you don't have much to lose, even if they do successfully turn around.
prncejrge83
Berserker
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 301
From: USA New Jersey
PSN: protege_00
XBL: DeaD BeaNz
#169 “Quote” Edit Post
this is protege_00 i've been havin problems with fengs b,f, 1 or fengs mixup from the back...and his pokes...
any advice??

and im gettin tired of asukas too
balladbirdkaren
Virtuoso
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 204
From: Philippines
#170 “Quote” Edit Post
I might sound noobish but...
what do you mean by "TKD'd"?
hahahahaha
Signature (PMS)

xxBiGaSxx
Legend
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 540
From: Philippines
#171 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by balladbirdkaren
I might sound noobish but...
what do you mean by "TKD'd"?
hahahahaha


haha! its TAEKWONDOed. ex. hwo has got his ass taekwondoed by baek.. lol!
NoodleHead
will touch u gently
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 16941
From: USA Indiana
PSN: TastyPPJuice
#172 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by balladbirdkaren
I might sound noobish but...
what do you mean by "TKD'd"?
hahahahaha


pretty much a term used here referring to Baek's d/f+4,4,4 against BT'd opponent. Easy 115 dmg from there can be disgusting.
xxBiGaSxx
Legend
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 540
From: Philippines
#173 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by NoodleHead
pretty much a term used here referring to Baek's d/f+4,4,4 against BT'd opponent. Easy 115 dmg from there can be disgusting.


hahaha! but i think df+4,4,4 on BT'd opponent isnt guarantied right?
Lord TKD
TekkenChile.cl
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 2830
From: Chile
PSN: LordTKD
#174 “Quote” Edit Post
hello.

a example...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tpzs4Q8gSk#t=1m10s

is safe only if you are on the same line of the shaft.

not sure if this is the line of the shaft.

When not sure, may be discontinued or out.

Greetings
Signature Comunidad de TekkenChile -> www.tekkenchile.cl

My Youtube Account
xxBiGaSxx
Legend
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 540
From: Philippines
#175 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Lord TKD
hello.

a example...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tpzs4Q8gSk#t=1m10s

is safe only if you are on the same line of the shaft.

not sure if this is the line of the shaft.

When not sure, may be discontinued or out.

Greetings


it can be interrupted by a turning crouch jab. fla 3,4,4,3 beats it with a stun though. anyway you have a very good triple SS timing. i personally think your one of the best baek ive seen.
Lord TKD
TekkenChile.cl
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 2830
From: Chile
PSN: LordTKD
#176 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by xxBiGaSxx
it can be interrupted by a turning crouch jab. fla 3,4,4,3 beats it with a stun though. anyway you have a very good triple SS timing. i personally think your one of the best baek ive seen.


only interrupted when the off-axis, I for example I have stopped that way, only when I'm out of the shaft.

but when I'm on the shaft, could not stop that.

try to make a video of it.

and thank you very much for your words, thank!



Saludos...
Signature Comunidad de TekkenChile -> www.tekkenchile.cl

My Youtube Account
APCharlie
3rd Dan
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 33
From: USA Connecticut
#177 “Quote” Edit Post
I've been having a bit of trouble with Feng's u/f+2, is that really not punishable by baek?? seems weird.

According to SD, its -10 on block, but it has such pushback and 2,2 won't reach.

This is basically a safe mid, with parry and sidestep abilities, and combo on counter... I want to punish it so bad
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 3677
From: Canada
XBL: ForestSkies
#178 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Lord TKD
hello.

a example...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tpzs4Q8gSk#t=1m10s

is safe only if you are on the same line of the shaft.

not sure if this is the line of the shaft.

When not sure, may be discontinued or out.

Greetings
JEJE!

 All times are GMT. The time now is 17:16

Page Splits 1...<789
Moderator Tools
Forum Jump