Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
PSN: Forest613
XBL: ForestSkies
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Post what you think are Nina's top 10 moves in this thread!
|Galen|
In iWS1 I trust!
PSN: Galen-SDT
XBL: Galen SDT
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
This is kinda hard since I haven't played the game.
Signature In iWS1 I trust!
Battle Jitni- @Galen: (imagine that's a middle finger instead)
Mr. Taxi- "Galen, I don't consider you an Anna player. I have this theory that all Anna players like penis. So until you S a D you aren't an Anna player"
Dilly a couple months after he found out he was expecting- "Galen, Sith, in 9 months I'm challenging you both to diaper matches. Loser buys diapers for the winner. "
Zakuta
Jet
PSN: Zakuta
XBL: Zakuta
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
ss+1~b
d/f+1
d/f+1+2
ss+2
1+4
b+1+4
d/b+3+4
d/f+4
Signature LV9 - Ruiner of Drawthreads
Originally posted by FunkyDawg76 - You spelled Catsel's name wrong n00b.
Chunkis: am gonna spank manz on road
|Galen|
In iWS1 I trust!
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Hmmm... If most of these things stay the same way as they were in BR:

d/f+1,(2)
d/f+1+2
1+4 (I know it doesn't force crouch anymore)
d/f+4
d/b+3
d+2
SS1
SS2
Mr. Taxi- "Galen, I don't consider you an Anna player. I have this theory that all Anna players like penis. So until you S a D you aren't an Anna player"
Dilly a couple months after he found out he was expecting- "Galen, Sith, in 9 months I'm challenging you both to diaper matches. Loser buys diapers for the winner. "
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
These lists need more f+3 imho.

Also, Galen, I was about to made a new Thread with the title:

Nina Williams Combos

...but I thought I should leave that up to you since the first post is so important. I like the title though, don't you?
|Galen|
In iWS1 I trust!
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
LOL, I guess. It's not too big of a deal for me to have the first post anymore. The only reason I needed the first post before was because I couldn't update other peoples' posts, but I can now. So if you want to make the new thread you are more than welcome to do so.
Johnnay
Cool,Calm,Collected
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
my top 10(in no order)

d/f+1,2
d/b+3
d/f+3,2
b+1+4
f+3
1+4
ss+2
d/f+1
d/b+2
ss+1

her new moves.. still not sure if i would put them in the list though as i havent played the game yet.
WeaponX
Iron Fist God
PSN: X_Copies
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
1. 4
2. df2
3. ss2
4. df12
5. df1+2
6. d2
7. db3
8. f3

9. b3,4(on hit confirm)
10. qcf42
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Johnnay d/f+3,2
OK, OK, but seriously, it really is only for combos. I used to be a noob, and Galen helped me to get out of that rut. That last sentence seems like something from an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting!

Originally posted by Johnnay d/b+2
Really? Dude, that move is not a good move. Or am I wrong?

Originally posted by |Galen|
LOL, I guess. It's not too big of a deal for me to have the first post anymore. The only reason I needed the first post before was because I couldn't update other peoples' posts, but I can now. So if you want to make the new thread you are more than welcome to do so.
You can do the honors!
ryroh
5th Dan
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Mine in no order

df1, 2
b2, 2
ss1
ss2
1+4
db3
d4
d2

@Forest: Personally, I think that db+2 isnt a bad move. If integrated well enough into her qcb movement, you can whiff punish an opponent with it just like you would with uf2, 1. It works really well against really offensive players, plus they cant break the stun. Hwo and baek are characters I tend to use it against a lot more. Being a tracking move that has an unbreakable stun on CH is great but being -11 and relatively slow makes it a move I am careful with using.
Signature Team Blonde Bomb
The A-Team

Offline > Online
WeaponX
Iron Fist God
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
some of you guys put down 12 jabs as one of your top ten, which I see no point when Nina has 4. Replace your general pokes 12 with a 4. It's just 1 frame difference and you get a juggle on CH.
Johnnay
Cool,Calm,Collected
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by forest16
OK, OK, but seriously, it really is only for combos. I used to be a noob, and Galen helped me to get out of that rut. That last sentence seems like something from an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting!

Really? Dude, that move is not a good move. Or am I wrong?

You can do the honors!

Um d/f+3,2 isn't a bad move as long as you don't abuse it

And as ryroh said it isn't a bad move though it being -11 on block isn't that had for a move which has the range, high crushes, KND/Wallsplats on NH,CS's on CH and can home. I prefer BR d/b+2 than... Any d/b+2 she ever had even T6.0 one(which was launch punishable on block but didn't home but did unbreakable stun on NH/CH).
|Galen|
In iWS1 I trust!
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Well that really depends.... If you play against someone that knows Nina a single use of df32 is going to get you launched. If you know your opponent isn't going to duck then yeah its fine to use. Kinda like Alisa and 1,1 you don't want to poke with it only punish otherwise you will get launched.
Johnnay
Cool,Calm,Collected
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by |Galen|
Well that really depends.... If you play against someone that knows Nina a single use of df32 is going to get you launched. If you know your opponent isn't going to duck then yeah its fine to use. Kinda like Alisa and 1,1 you don't want to poke with it only punish otherwise you will get launched.

i agree with you there.
WeaponX
Iron Fist God
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Actually its not that easy to crouch punish df32 because you really have to be fast. I'll use df32 to bait someone to try ws launch me. If I block their launcher, then I get to punish them. But I only use this setup no more than two in a game and their character has a launch punishable while standing launcher like law.
|Galen|
In iWS1 I trust!
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Its very easy to launch it... If I can react on shitty 3bar you don't have to be that fast.
WeaponX
Iron Fist God
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
hrm then I don't know why JFJ and RIP were late in punishing df32. It's because they don't expect me really don't use that move at all, which I really don't. Johnny is right, that move shouldn't be abused but using it as testing the waters with someone or out of the blue on a good player to fish out a punish if they're slow at punishing you.
|Galen|
In iWS1 I trust!
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Meh... I feel pretty strongly about it being a completely shitty move outside of juggles and hitting scrubs with it. It's one of those things that 99/100 times you should stay away from it. Risk VS Reward isn't there in the least little bit...

They miss the punish you get to punish (not likely going to happen even if it's done once and a blue moon)
They block you're at +1
They duck you get launched (most probable outcome)
WeaponX
Iron Fist God
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
yeah I really don't use that move anyways because Nina doesn't need to be on a plus. df12 is there for mid poke and 1 frame faster than df32. The only time when I use this is when I feel like baiting them and willing to take the risk but it is a blue moon for me.
wing_zero
Champion
PSN: wing_zero012
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by WeaponX
Actually its not that easy to crouch punish df32 because you really have to be fast. I'll use df32 to bait someone to try ws launch me. If I block their launcher, then I get to punish them. But I only use this setup no more than two in a game and their character has a launch punishable while standing launcher like law.

I use this myself; df+3,2,1 will CH people for trying to WS punish you instantly in-between 3 and 2 (the 1 is the part that CHs). Hitting the 1 also leaves you at +6 on hit. Opponents often have to delay their WS punish to hit you. The only characters you never want to do this to are:

Steve, Bruce, Bob, Kuma, Kaz (their WS moves hit differently from others)

Keep in mind that you have to do the whole string as fast as possible with no delays. It's MUCH better in this game than DR. In DR it was COMPLETELY useless.
Signature Atl Nina

?Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.? - Gandhi