Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Raiden
Mishima Xiaobatsu
PSN: RaidenNC
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by XCTU
A couple updates:
b34 1+42 d2 - after the bound, i was just doing ff23, but you can actually do b214 for more damage. I think they're a little too far for b21 1+2 stuff, but I can double check some other time.

From WS3 and opp bt f2 or cancans - b21 (or 21) b21 f1+2 1+2 b! ff23. You can get 2 reps of the b21 in, even on a BT opponent. It's pretty good damage considering the opp being back turned usually messes up your combos.

After can can kicks, You can also do b42 f3 f1+2 1+2 b! ff23. Instead of just the b21 series, this might be more damage...

Also, 21 is an NC. She has this crazy string 2143, and I dunno how much of it is an NC, where it NCs, where its an NCC etc. It's 21 into a mid knee into another really quick kick. Something to look out for I guess.

And yes, b+211 is a wall string (tho i usually am too used to Asukas f+14, so I do that, but b211 will work too)

good stuff?

a couple more questions.

1) is b+4,2 safe?
2) does she have asuka's ss+2, and db+2?
3) do you find much use for her stances?
Signature TTT2: Return of the Mishima Xiaobatsu:

~God Bless~
XCTU
Cassie da bomb
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
1) No. It's jab punishable
2) She has a sidestep 2 thats not as quick as Asuka's, but it has more range and does more damage. Jun's db2 is a low.
3) Not yet, but I don't know them well enough to utilize properly.
Signature aka HeartNana
IRON LOBSTER
Orlando BOOM
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
from my tests, jun's stances are very good (so far)

f1+2 is a homing move (high) into her forward heron stance where you get;

1,2, b!, high, safe
1+2, b! on nh, safe, tech crouches/high crushes like Lars' DE 1+2
2, mid launcher, unsafe but high crushes
3, her b3
4,1, Jun HS, lm, unseeable, nc, splats, hella unsafe, like misima HS

from forward 1+2 on block 1,2 and 1+2 are (were in the E3 build) un-interuptable with jabs, the only downside to f1+2 is that it's pretty slow and high otherwise it would be a bit too good

from reverse heron (until the official stance name is up!) b1+2 she had feng reverse shifting clouds-like options with a + on hit low punch, a mid punch and a mid kick (been a while and my sweden notes are till in my car!) the evasion on b1+2 on its own is pretty nice

2,1 was nc i12 like asuka's in the build i played the next two hits weren't nc but she could also ~d_u from 2,1 after

b4,2, f3, 1+2, 1,2_1+2b! does look like her best juggle option for damage and wall carry, if asuka can TA! with b2,4,3 after then that's probably going to be the staple to do

still early days tho

@XCTU

does df2,2 spike post b! (if they don't tech) for good oki, or does she have a better spiking post b!/TA! string?

i'm leaning away from TA! unless it's to finish off my opp as i don't want them in netsu or have any opportunity to regain red life but if I can spike them with decent damage during TA! for oki that would be a very good option

cheers
Signature A split second is only 30 frames.
DivineFist18411
5th Dan
PSN: ThaOne18411
XBL: DivineFist18411
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Wow-lots of good info here for Jun.

Homework that must be done in time, n u guys seem to her down already.

I'm pretty sure I can picture most of these combos being done in my head (or if I've already seen them in action)-good stuff guys. Keep it comin-I'm mentally writing all this down, but I will bust out a pen n paper for real if I need to.
Yue
Warrior
PSN: GamerMx
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
Hi there!

Using Jun as 2nd. character (my main is Xiaoyu). I had some problems at first, but know I started to understand her.

My staple combo (Jun alone):
f+2, uf+3, 1+4, f+3, f+1+2, 1+2. B!. ender depends on how far she's from the opponent, but normally I use b+2,1,4.

I've seen combos that use b+4,2 before going to B!, but haven't learned any yet.

WS+2,1 is a great punisher for blocked lows but does anyone know the frame data for that move?
luksgammer360
War Lord
PSN: luksgammer
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Yue
I've seen combos that use b+4,2 before going to B!, but haven't learned any yet.

You can try these:
f+2, u/f+1, b+4,2 , b+2,1,f+1+2,1+2 (B!) , ff+2,3
(If b+2 doesn't connect, you can use f+3, f+1+2)
u/f+4,3 (B!), b+4,2, f+3, b+2,1,f+1+2, 2
ff+1+2, dash, d/f+2,2 (B!), b+4,2, b+2,1,4

Could you please try if this combo works?
f+2, u/f+3, b+2,1,4, f+3,f+1+2,1+2 (B!), ff+2,3

Thank you very much!
Yue
Warrior
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by luksgammer360
You can try these:
f+2, u/f+1, b+4,2 , b+2,1,f+1+2,1+2 (B!) , ff+2,3
(If b+2 doesn't connect, you can use f+3, f+1+2)
u/f+4,3 (B!), b+4,2, f+3, b+2,1,f+1+2, 2
ff+1+2, dash, d/f+2,2 (B!), b+4,2, b+2,1,4

Could you please try if this combo works?
f+2, u/f+3, b+2,1,4, f+3,f+1+2,1+2 (B!), ff+2,3

Thank you very much!

Thanks for the suggestions! Will try them this week.
Also, the last combo you asked me to try, I will for sure , but before trying, my guess is that it won't work because b+2,1,4 sends the opponent far. I normally use it as combo ender.
luksgammer360
War Lord
PSN: luksgammer
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Yue
Thanks for the suggestions! Will try them this week.
Also, the last combo you asked me to try, I will for sure , but before trying, my guess is that it won't work because b+2,1,4 sends the opponent far. I normally use it as combo ender.

Yeah, I thought the same, but I have seen a combo using her f+4 as a filler, so I thought it may work. The combo I saw was:

f+2, f+4, b+2,1 , b+2,1,f+1+2,1+2 (B!), ff+2,3

You can try that one aswell. Thank you!
Yue
Warrior
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by luksgammer360
Yeah, I thought the same, but I have seen a combo using her f+4 as a filler, so I thought it may work. The combo I saw was:

f+2, f+4, b+2,1 , b+2,1,f+1+2,1+2 (B!), ff+2,3

You can try that one aswell. Thank you!

Ah yes! I saw a combo like that the other day, but it was slightly different:

f+2, f+4, b+4,2,b+2,1,f+1+2,1+2,B!, ff+2,3.

I know it works because I'm pretty sure that's the combo I wanted to copy but I couldn't remember what the guy did after f+2. Now it makes sense.

Anyway, tonight I'm gonna play and try some stuff.
XCTU
Cassie da bomb
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
Random stuff:
b+3 4 1+42 (only 2 hits) f+3 f+1+2 1+2 b! ff+23
b+3 4 1+42 (all 3 hit) d+2 b! dash b+214
CH u/f+3 b+21 b+21 f+1+2 1+2 b! ff+23
u/f+43 b+42 f+3 f+1+2 1+2
u/f+435 (call in Asuka, Asuka does d/b+43) dash up b+21 f+1+2 1+2

If you hit can can kicks with either Jun or Asuka, tag in the other one, do a d/f+1 to tag the opponent quickly and then continue your regular combo from there.

Asuka b+3435 (tag in jun) f+3 f+1+2 1+2 b! ff+23

(2)143 - If the first hit of 2143 whiffs and the 1 hits CH, then the 43 are guaranteed. Its really good because the 1 tracks REALLY well.

Iron Lobster - It does spike, and its good against the wall, but you cant really have a good ender with it mid screen or you have to cut your combo really short, and thats not worth it.
Signature aka HeartNana
angryprinces
1st Dan
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
Hi I'm new here in TZ, but I'm not new to tekken. I use asuka in T6 and now I'm studying jun..

I just want to share that Jun's d4 is a great poke, it's fast, ground hit, +frames on hit and has a continuation (another 4) for people who attack after getting hit by d4. Also Jun can grab with 2+3 or 1+4 during her f1+2 stance..I love this
Asuka can juggle with b3,4,3,2,1,1+2b!..you just need to buffer 2,1 after the 4,3....

Is jun open when she's at her stances? (f1+2, b1+2)
Can you cancel her stances and proceed to a normal move like d4 or f2C?
is WS1,4 safe on block?
Does uf4,3 track, why is this a great move?

Hoping for your answers...thank you...
pIchu
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
f+1+2 is safe by itself but if it's transitioned from anything (e.g. b+2,1), then it becomes unbelievably unsafe.

inatekken has f+1+2 at +5. f+1+2 from a transition is -15! That's a 20 frame difference.

From what I've seen, you can't cancel the stances into regular moves. You either gotta wait til the end of the animation or do a move from it.

Haven't used WS+1,4 much yet but I don't see how it's not safe on block. I usually end up doing the follow ups anyway (WS+1,4,2_1+2).

Haven't tested the tracking properties of u/f+4,3. Every time I land it, it seems to be crushing or hitting crouching. Should probably test it sometime... but it's still pretty expensive to play here in Australia.
angryprinces
1st Dan
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks pichu, I noticed that at her f1+2 stance she has moves like the julia spin, a HS, a mid launcher, a safe mid bound..

Jun F2, uf3,b4,2,f3,f1+2,1+2B!tag asuka db43,jun running 3..is this juggle possible?

can someone please post a link to inatekken that shows the frame data of jun's moves..thank you
Yue
Warrior
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by angryprinces
Jun F2, uf3,b4,2,f3,f1+2,1+2B!tag asuka db43,jun running 3..is this juggle possible?

Pretty sure it's possible. That Jun combo is more or less a staple, and the tag with Asuka is doable (seen it quite a lot).

What I'd recommend is a tag combo after Jun's f+2. That way you also inflict damage on the red part of the character's life, preventing him/her to recover. Something like:

(Jun) f+2,5, (Asuka) uf+3, 1+4, 2,1,1+2, B! and from here decide whether to do a tag assist or finish the combo with Asuka.
pIchu
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
angryprinces
Jun frame data for TTT2 @ inatekken

Tested tonight, Jun WS+1,4 was punishable by Lee's f+4... so however fast that is... i12 was it?

Yeah, launch~5 is the way to go. Removes all red life.
angryprinces
1st Dan
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks Yue and Pichu.. during her back 1+2 stance if the mid axe kick counter hits she gets a juggle... Gosh Mishima Godfist is killing me, does anyone know how to beat this move? i wonder if i can mix something up to shut down this thing...haha.. and when should I use her ff4?
pIchu
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
EWGF was arguably the best move in previous Tekken series... it's still the same now really.

Just accept it for what it is and does and try to work your way around it. It can be crushed but really, the risk isn't worth it if you guess around.

About f,f+4... I'd say it's good from mid range. Has very good reach and at max range, it's pretty safe (can't be bothered looking for the frame data at the moment). Good frames on hit and launches on CH. It's a good keep out move too.... actually, I'd say it's one of her best moves.
angryprinces
1st Dan
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
i cant understand inatekken... d2 seems plus frames on block...
pIchu
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
Pao
About CH SS+4 on wall into d/f+2,2... I haven't tested but I'd say it does hit. d/f+2,2 works a splat and one hit on the wall so if it doesn't work straight up, maybe you can squeeze in a d/f+1? I'll test tomorrow if I remember.

Otherwise, I wonder if u/f+4,3 would work? I know that it works on wall as a TA but don't know as a post TA bound move.
eleetplayah
War Lord
PSN: tenjinmon
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by pIchu
Pao
About CH SS+4 on wall into d/f+2,2... I haven't tested but I'd say it does hit. d/f+2,2 works a splat and one hit on the wall so if it doesn't work straight up, maybe you can squeeze in a d/f+1? I'll test tomorrow if I remember.

Otherwise, I wonder if u/f+4,3 would work? I know that it works on wall as a TA but don't know as a post TA bound move.

haven't thought about using uf+4,3 as a wall B!. i guess if df+2,2 fails to follow up a ch ss+4 near the wall uf+4,3 might do the work but i haven't seen anyone use it as a wall B!

on the other hand, i'm still trying to figure out what's the best wall TA combo using jun as main. as of now what i do is (asuka, jun) wallsplat, df+2,2, b+2,1,4, f+2.

ps: hopping from one character thread to another is foreign for me atm. the asuka section (since t5) is bookmarked in my firefox since 2006 lol.
Signature FaoStatic!
Complete Asuka/Jun Combo Thread