http://www.youtube.com/advanceguardtv
Kiwi
Shihan
#62 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by adipati
welcome back, kiwi

btw, at least Harada main is Feng
so he wouldnt left Feng outta his mind

Nah man, we HOPE that Harada has not forgotten about Feng. there is a difference between hoping and reality. Hoping is just us feng players crossing our fingers and praying to Namco, also known as wishfull thinking. It may happen or it may not. The difference between hoping and reality is that reality is already a FACT, like Lars.

And feng is not his main. harada probably knows how to play 30 characters.

When judging Feng, one must not wear feng fanboy goggles.

Here is what I saw in all those TTT2 videos:
- Harada's feng got whooped by whats supposed to be a "gimped" Bryan. Same thing against heihachi. So either Bryan and Heihachi are too strong, or Feng is just too weak.
- I have watched almost every TTT2 videos and Feng dont appear in a lot of them but when someone plays Feng, they either lose hard or they win barely with 2 out of 3 which tells me that he had trouble winning.
- Most of the time, its the other character pulling most of the weight and not Feng. I mean lili/ feng, its lili doing most of the damage. Same with Drag/ Feng. I also saw Wang/ feng = badly beaten.

Feng needs lots of improving still.

Originally posted by Aris
"I thought Feng was very interesting. He has barely changed at all, yet I think he has improved because of the Tag assault system. In the E3 build of TTT2, Feng only had a few new moves. 3,3,4 is a mid,high,low string that ends back turned and seems almost useless. The first two hits are a natural combo and the low is launch punishable. I couldn?t find any mix up or cancel for it. CD+2 is a new mid class 1 launcher. It?s about -13 on block but it has push back. This launcher has quite a bit of recovery on hit which made it hard to take full advantage of the high launch. However, if you tag buffer it, you are able to get some fairly high damage as well as take away red life. His most useful new move is 1+4. It is an un-seeable low, high natural combo which gives frame advantage on hit. The problem is that it staggers on block making it very punishable. People originally thought that this move had the potential to pick up off the ground for float combos but the second hit is too slow and too high for that to work. I was very confused as to why they left such a complex character like Feng so unchanged in TTT2. So naturally, I asked Harada about this. He told me that there are several new moves and property changes that aren?t in this build. One thing that he told me would change is his uf+4. He thinks that it is too week and either will do more damage or will have improved range in the final version. As a whole, Feng felt very incomplete and unchanged. I?m looking forward to seeing how they change him in future builds."

ya this pretty much confirmed this entire threads complaints about how weak feng currently is. The only thing we still have going for us, and lets all cross our fingers, is that harada will finally come to his senses and realize how weak feng currently is and buff him up good.

I like the tag option improving feng quite alot but thats like a passive bonus you know. I mean swap feng for law, steve, miguel, lars and you would have done equally as good if not better, you know what Im saying. Feng needs more than just a passive boost. He needs active boosts.

Also, that post pretty much validated all my previous threads on what I saw in all those TTT2 videos. what do you people have to say now lol.

Last edited by Kiwi on Jun 19th, 2011 at 13:38

Rudy024
Sage
PSN: Rudy024
#63 “Quote” Edit Post
What about that post validated your assumptions? One of the biggest things feng has going for him is his OKI, but in BR, his OKI came at a price, drastically low damage. You don't have a high-damaging combo option when trying to finish off your opp. With TTT2, I'm assuming feng hasn't lost his scary OKI, and he gets high damaging juggle options. so the tag assault system IMO greatly helps feng more than it does other chars. Also, you can't base you're assumptions on a few feng vids, as we all know, feng really isn't a popular char, but this doesn't make him low tier. If this was true then kuma is better than ganryu, wang, feng, etc.

Also, ITS AN OLD BUILD. Personally, i'm fine with not changing too much. I think harada cares too much about the characters that he doesn't want to accidentally buff some of them up unintentionally. Like the 2~1 tech catch thing, which is i guess unintentional.
Signature How to break the tier: Shenanigans
adipati
CEO of AdvanceGuard
PSN: garlic
XBL: garlic
#64 “Quote” Edit Post
@ honket
lol

Last edited by adipati on Jun 21st, 2011 at 15:42

Signature head of Advance Guard
the Indonesian Fighting Games Community
http://www.facebook.com/AdvanceGuard
https://twitter.com/AdvanceGuardtv
honkhet
Master
#65 “Quote” Edit Post
@adipati - by "gimped bryan" i don't think kiwi was commenting on the player's skill, rather he was referring to the nerfed bryan in TTT2.
The Game
EMP The Game
PSN: DsSGame
XBL: TheSynGame
#66 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Kiwi
Hello everybody!

Sorry for the late replies.

Its good to hear from some that feng has not been totally nerfed but quite frankly feng being at "T6BR" level is nothing to write home about as "T6BR" level means he is mid tier at the BEST. I guess us Feng players should be thankfull he is not at the lowest tier together with Zafina and Mokujin lmao.

the Game also mentioned something about Law not being able to stop feng or whatever. I mean are you kidding me. Law has almost no weaknesses as his Dragon stance and dragon sign stance are confusing enough. Highest tier for sure. if you think feng can stop Law, youre deluding yourself. Yea in Tekken 5 we were called Lawkiller. In T6, feng is just the shit under Lars's shoes.

I love the new videos with dragunov/ feng. Although to be frank if you look carefully, its really dragunov pulling all the weight. he is a badass pitbull. And in my previous post I already explained why Dragunov is what Feng was supposed to be in T6BR. Its good to see Dragunov not being nerfed. Im going Drag/ Feng and Drag/ Lili for sure. But Feng was really underwhelming in all those videos.

its quite easy to see, once you take off those feng fanboy goggles and really look at the match at who is doing most of the damage and shit, and its not feng in all those matches.

its also nice how you talked about Fengs combo damage being icnreased. This proves what I have been saying all along. if feng was fine like some of you claimed, Namco wouldnt be increasing his damage, now would they.

No point in living in denial. Feng is not what he used to be. You can pretend that Feng can hold his own. But back in T5 and T5DR, when people had to fight against Feng, they knew they were fighting high tier. Psychologically, Feng does not have the same fear factor in T6 and T6BR.

What will seriously boost Feng, is his counter. In the Tekken Tag 2 intro, they hinted at Fengs counter being broadened to include kicks aswell. Its the intro where feng fights Heihachi and heihachi does his kick and Feng catches his leg and sweeps him. if that is true, that would be AWESOME.

Lets face it, Fengs counter is garbage at this moment and really only usefull against Steve. if feng were to finally get a fully upgraded countermove, than that would really help him out.

So if you still have access to TTT2, try his countermove.

Doesnt have anything against DSS? Lol?

You do know that moves such as flipkick~dss can be stopped by fengs shoulder right? Shenanigans like 4,3 dssf+3 I can't do because of shoulder. Not only that, u can dickpunch dss during that time.

You do know that certain strings Feng can stop with u/f2 right?

You also know that Feng has great crushes vs. Law since he MAINLY has highs and lows right? The only decent mids he has are shoulder punishable.

DEZ ur actually wrong on that. It's come to a point that besides his patience, I have to find ways around it. He has no good mids. I rarely use 221 unless I don't delay the last 2. It kills a pressure tool that I use.

I can't go aggressive on feng I have to nitpick and hope that he does something that I can capatilize on something.

But kiwi is pretty much posting false info on this matchup.

Last edited by The Game on Jun 21st, 2011 at 15:54

Signature <pukey>: ddp had a better flair
Champion Law of America
Team USA
Top Tier DJ strat:
I'm new to the game but i find that the best way to win is to use f+3 then keep on using 3+4, f+1+2 until there dead.
Kiwi
Shihan
#67 “Quote” Edit Post
Doesnt have anything against DSS? Lol? You do know that moves such as flipkick~dss can be stopped by fengs shoulder right? Shenanigans like 4,3 dssf+3 I can't do because of shoulder. Not only that, u can dickpunch dss during that time. You do know that certain strings Feng can stop with u/f2 right? You also know that Feng has great crushes vs. Law since he MAINLY has highs and lows right? The only decent mids he has are shoulder punishable. DEZ ur actually wrong on that. It's come to a point that besides his patience, I have to find ways around it. He has no good mids. I rarely use 221 unless I don't delay the last 2. It kills a pressure tool that I use. I can't go aggressive on feng I have to nitpick and hope that he does something that I can capatilize on something. But kiwi is pretty much posting false info on this matchup.

Dude, every character has unsafe moves. You are just saying you cant use your unsafe moves cos you will get punished if you do. Unsafe moves can be punished by every one. so you specifically mentioning Feng in this is irrelevant. if Feng cant punish unsafe moves, he would be lower tier than mokujin.

And you claiming you have trouble against Feng...Law vs Feng is not even a contest unless youre playing against guys like Hao who does nothing but Fengs safe pokes. But then again, thats not Law specific. Every character CAN have a hard time pitbulling turtles.

A good turtle is a good turtle. And Feng can be played like a turtle. Just like every other character. But that doesnt change the fact that he is weak. Especially against a character like Law, there is no contest. Law has the upper hand. Period.

As for my supposed false info...what false info did I posted. All I said was that Law is a higher tier and his DSS can be confusing as hell. How is this false.
The Game
EMP The Game
#68 “Quote” Edit Post
Law doesn't have an upperhand in this matchup and I just stated the reasons why. What's so confusing about DSS? I told you what u can do with different situations. He can't autoparry because of shoulder so moves that I can use that aren't safe made safe I can't do. (dss 1+2 doesnt absorb knees or elbows) Feng shuts down parries in general, and has high crush moves that stops laws pokes which are generally high pokes.

So please explain to me how Law has an upperhand.
Champion Law of America
Team USA
Top Tier DJ strat:
I'm new to the game but i find that the best way to win is to use f+3 then keep on using 3+4, f+1+2 until there dead.
miketl8
Berserker
#69 “Quote” Edit Post
i have never had trouble with feng while using law.but fengs db1.2 can shut down laws pressure game.
Kiwi
Shihan
#70 “Quote” Edit Post
These are dark dark days, people.

http://torontotoptiers.com/tekken/t...ameplay-videos/

general: Movement game again like DR. SS is now like between DR and BR. most lows can be ss very easily. Also this means no longer 1,2 spam df1 spam and those spamming using 0 or -1 now. Also means system wise feng sounds shit already.

feng
new low to some hand move. apprently its really shit
new launcher.

2~1 1 situation is gone.
uf2 nerfed.
cant do -5~ move parry no more like block b4 uf2. 1,2 now beats uf2
so in BR if its ch means its gonna parry. if it was parry feng looses.
old qcf2 removed and changed to pauls db2 type move. -17 on block HAHA

Very dark days indeed.
terrywang
2nd Dan
PSN: jy00765812
#71 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Kiwi
These are dark dark days, people.

http://torontotoptiers.com/tekken/t...ameplay-videos/

Very dark days indeed.

nooooo.......T_T
even you don't want to buff him, but don't nerf him
T_T
Signature new comer
adipati
CEO of AdvanceGuard
#72 “Quote” Edit Post

Harada already said that TTT2 system is already different from TTT2 korean loc test.
so best we not jumped to conclusion too fast
SSJ4_Vegita
Party in my pants
PSN: VeggyUK
XBL: VeggyUK
#73 “Quote” Edit Post
I'll be in Sweden on Monday to play the shit out of TTT2 for 3 days, let me know what you want me to try out with Feng
Signature If you die in an elevator, be sure to push the Up button.
jayjackfruits
Kyu
#74 “Quote” Edit Post
hey MY WISH LIST FOR FENG WEI IS:

GRAB+JUGGLE
b+33 shud be fast and add a 3rd hit ex: b+33~1or 2
new kenpo step or shifting cloud + grab
more 123 mix up like jin's 314
must have new mix up then to kenpo stance or shifting cloud ex. 24~stance
f+1+2 shud be mid and can be cancel..example f+1+2~cancel and make it to Back towards opponent
new moves for df+4 = to df+4,2 the 2 shud be a wall splat and can be delayed
fix b+3+4 3, shud not be punishable
fix b+3+4 2, shud be mid not high
fix b+3+4 4, shud not be poke by 12 in the air
ws 1+2 shud be fast and effective

i hope harada shud make feng stronger becoz he has the most realistic moves
adipati
CEO of AdvanceGuard
#75 “Quote” Edit Post
A TTT2 machine has been set on my City for location tests. I'll be doing some tests. Hopefully I'll finds some new info and basic set ups.
THE SCRUB ZILLA
Raijin
PSN: AOS_SCRUB_ZILLA
#76 “Quote” Edit Post
Awesome! I look forward to hearing the results.
Signature Make Wei or be Fenged!
VA TEKKEN RAGE
RVA TEKKEN
FENG OF VA
adipati
CEO of AdvanceGuard
#77 “Quote” Edit Post
i will post my indepth Feng TTT2 review tonight.
Since today is the last day of the Location Tests.
FYI, it consist of good news.
Mundo
Iron Fist God
#78 “Quote” Edit Post
i will post my indepth Feng TTT2 review tonight.
Since today is the last day of the Location Tests.
FYI, it consist of good news.

Looking forward to this myself. I got to play TTT2 at Comic-Con today, but it looks like it's the same version present at E3 (ie. no change in the Rage indicator for when your partner or you enters Rage mode).

Still, after messing with Feng's new moves, I gotta say that:

a) 1+4 kicks ass. It's nice to have a fast, unseeable low that can help you keep momentum.
b) 3,3,4 is just an odd move. If you can nail the 4, especially at wall, it's fantastic, but once people adapt to it, you're kind of screwed, although the 3 being a mid at least offers us a new mid to poke and play around with.

I'm getting the terms confused here, but there's supposed to be a Tag-related property to f+3,4. I'm not sure if I'm doing it right, but hitting the Tag button right before the move hits should cause Feng to tag out with his partner, right? Is that all?

Will try to post out more; I wasn't even supposed to go to Comic-Con, but I got asked last minute to work the event and got a few minutes to waste there.
The Game
EMP The Game
#79 “Quote” Edit Post
Harada already said that TTT2 system is already different from TTT2 korean loc test.
so best we not jumped to conclusion too fast

Also DR system benefited feng A LOT. I don't see how this hurts him at all. He was still top tier in DR despite his nerfs.
Champion Law of America
Team USA
Top Tier DJ strat:
Kiwi
Shihan
#80 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by The Game
Also DR system benefited feng A LOT. I don't see how this hurts him at all. He was still top tier in DR despite his nerfs.

I would not bet on the fact that Feng will benefit from DR dynamics. This is because youre talking about two different Fengs.

Feng DR is uber/ top tier.
Feng in T6 is not.

Feng in DR is top tier because:
- high damage
- lower health bar for everyone
- lower damage for everyone else
- scary shoulder (b1+2)
- scary boars tusk (f2,1,2)
- somewhat longer range.

In T6, everyone's health bar tripled or something. And everyone else's damage output doubled. Feng has his damage output reduced or unchanged. Fengs range is retarded. And Fengs shoulder is gimped. Fengs F2,1,2 is nerfed to the point where people only do this after a W! and B!. Or when they try to bait for a counterhit f2. This move is totally useless now.

A return to DR dynamics but with a T6 Feng is not going to be much beneficial for the above reasons. When we see Fengs damage output increased and some of his moves improved, than Feng will shine again.

Untill then, its best to just pick up posterboy Lars.