Topic Closed

Page Splits
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
aasii
War Lord
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
hi guys bruce is one of my main so plz share all the info about bruce u know thnx
Signature The CHAMP is here

MCP
MCP=?\ (?_o) /?
PSN: MCPtz
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
There is a thread in T6 forum for Tag2 bruce. It will be moved here once a Moderator notices (I will inform one).
Signature ?\ ( ) /?
aasii
War Lord
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
ok thnx

Phenex
Shihan
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Bruce Bruce Bruce

Aviax posting! You're a tease, last time you popped up when 6.0 hit and had me believe you'd stay around. Site's sorely lacking quality posters man

Originally posted by aviax
Still, for the record, YMR, I did mention the ws+3 back in May - I just had no idea what it did...
May? I never saw you post but I give you credit for noticing it first

f,f+1+2 can now recover crouching by holding D.
Guess this allows him to be mildly offensive this time around and use that frame advantage

(EDIT) Just to clarify on f,f+4, holding D DOES cancel this attack, but it remains to be seen if the recovery is standing or crouching.

b+3,2 - listed on the sunshine yellow site as being a new move, not a change of an old one. Might be interesting.
Yeah, it looks like a 'mini b2' to me, they changed it for a reason. Makes sense to renovate.

b+1+2 and d/b+4 are both listed as 'crouch status' moves on the sunshine yellow site.
Does b1+2 still allow for a full combo?

u/b+3+4(4) - Yet another re-work of the backflip.
Your incredible with the details but I don't think you've invested so much in the raw frames/properties as hmmmm, I'll call it "setups and scenarios". BR was a hella re-work for Bruce, real overhaul, and a few moves that stood out as still sorta useless was that backflip. It's only REAL use (and this is debatable) is as a wall splat. People who don't realize that if you are point blank in their face with their back to the wall, a flip into bazooka will always wiff, you can play a once per 100 games mind-game with a dashed ff3. So, did they improve the range of the leg kick (in that it actually goes either TO or PAST the point you flipped out of OR did they improve the frames on block? DR had 2 sets of frames depending on depth of block, 6.0 I was busy with Kaz and in BR it's sorta f'ed. There is no consistency in frame advantage but it varies from +1~+9. It's nice to see they are reworking it because it can't get any worse than now.

ws+3 - They basically gave Bruce his old f+3+4 back, only now it comes out of a crouch and is jab-punishable (at least)
Speed? What's the point of this? Range because ws2 sucks? Tracking/slight evasion, etc? And by 'old' you mean 6.0 properties? As in full juggle or NC JG?

b+3,2(CH on 2) - causes a weird crumple stun that seems to be equal parts b+3,4(CH on 4) and b+1+2 (in reverse) - they sort of fall forward and to their left. No longer recovers very quickly (but then, this move hasn't been a great idea for use in juggles since T6, anyway), but causes some GS. At least gives away momentum, and might be punishable, on block.
In the long run (as long as all chars get things like this) this is a nice add. It could help diversify juggles and Bruce is lucky in having possibly the most reliable B! in the game with d3,4 scooping people like chocolate.

u/f+1+2, d+3,4... - Now hits a lot more consistently than it ever has before, not that anyone else in the world even tries to use this (with good reason, of course). The B! elbow hits, too, of course.
Hahaha, you've been playing this character too long, every Tekken you go after the same shit. ws2,1 pickups, uf1+2 pickups haha I - believe - in - YOU!

I was right about the new property of d+3+4 - it pancakes opp right in front of Bruce, like Jacks's d/b+2 does. People who aren't careful can get bounced by a second d+3+4, but I'm still trying to figure out how/when. They're well within range of eating a d/b+3+4 if they don't move.
It's overlooked by most but I use it in BR often enough. It's a really damn good high crush with good oki. The KND is so fast and it's rare to see that I get easy oki everytime after this. I'm surprised Namco is allowing Bruce up-close KND's with d3,4~f1 in there. Still chuckle with the "OMG NEEEERF!" tz reaction

It might be a few days before I can get more testing done of any quality - most of the people there today were too good for me to really get much accomplished.
Dude, uf3+4!!!!!!!
Is this move seriously 14 frames?!? and still do OUCH damage? Make sure Steve's DCKf2 is -14 still and please test this baby out. I'm getting the same feelings when i first saw bruce's b2

EDIT: Oops! Forgot something: 4~f is now incredibly easy to input in strings that have this option. More importantly, it comes out really fast now - to the point where those who were concerned about the changes in d+3,4 need not worry so much, because d+3,4~F is at least almost as fast - and now you get a stun when it hits.
Namco going through and renovating all the promising but useless moves
BTW, he has several moves nobody most likely knows or has mentioned that have tracking. 4~f is the move that stands out in his tracking because it covers his right side completely - you ain't stepping that way when you're close. The problems with it were it's safety (corrected in BR) and it's speed (really corrected in TT2?) If so this allows Bruce some real tracking on his right which is incredible. B2 is steppable both sides and df2 - you know - has range issues. If you look at Bruce's problems in BR all the things you've mentioned aren't a cure but they sure as hell put some sugar that IV

Thanks for taking the time to use that Japan position to inform inform inform
I'll be getting the game shortly, and since we are in a handful of very few players who play bruce + have TTT2 + post on TZ I hope you consider becoming a mod for TTT2 Bruce. And before you say "I'm not active enough" please understand that most mods aren't active and the spots are given away politically. So at least the TTT2 Bruce thread has someone who has TOUCHED the game - please apply.

Love and kisses Aviax.
Miss Ug and the others
aviax
Blu Blazer Irregular
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey right back atcha, YMR!

Yeah, I left shortly after I arrived last time. Truth is, that's mostly what I have been about over the years. I'm not a particularly good player, and never have been. What I am, tho' - as you've noticed - is a guy who will just keep trying all kinds of weird stuff to see what works and then tell anybody who wants to listen about it. Truth be told, w/T6, a lot of what I posted seemed to be ignored by many, and sometimes 'discovered' later by others (I wish I could say I had no vanity, but...).

I can't promise that won't be exactly what I do again now, but we'll see what we'll see. I also can't promise I'll be able to respond to everything you've put into your post, but I'll take care of a couple of the quicker ones.

About the backflip - it can be useful now in tag to create space to, well, tag. No idea on frame stuff, but I can tell you the knd remains unchanged. d/f+1,4 still hits as well as it did before. I posted about it mainly to point out that it's no longer b,b+3+4 (and that the leg bazooka is still in the game, FWIW).

w/s+3 - I can't say this has any more range than w/s+1 (seems to have a more reliable hitbox than ws+2, tho'), but I would like to clarify that it would have been much much clearer if I had stated that it always stuns exactly as f+3+4 did in T5 and does on CH in T6. Unfortunately, Bruce continues to suffer the collateral damage of the changes to this stun that occurred with T6 (a couple of characters got some huge stuff off the same stun in T5 - moreso even than Bruce - so they changed the properties of the stun w/o considering poor ol' Bruce...), so juggles, etc. are limited. I really don't know why they gave him this move. There's no way it's faster than any other w/s option he has. It doesn't seem to recover quickly enough for any B!-capable attack to hit (for TA purposes). Maybe if you went for an immediate tag to someone with a M attack, they might be able to do something... (Final note for now: FWIW, it will also keep a juggled opp airborne just fine - no flip-overs or anything, so there's that...)

I'll see what I can do about u/f+3+4. I wasn't aware it's thought to be i14. I think I know a few ways to test/confirm this (I've been mainly using it to punish tags and occasionally as a juggle ender). It does more damage than either u/f+3 or b+2. Roughly comparable to H3+4/CD+3+4/however the 'tiger knee' is notated. It has really good reach, too.

(a couple of other matters)

- 3,2(ch on 2) - no stun any more. It knocks the opp off his feet a few feet away. Might give W! if close enough. I've only gotten this about twice, so I don't know what else might be done.

- Try as I might, I still can't find a mid that hits M. It would make his oki so much more dangerous (as, like, many, many other characters have). About the only things I haven't tried that seem at all likely would be SRK or H3+4. I don't have high hopes...

- H4/(i)w/s+4 - really seems like it tracks to Bruce's right pretty well, FWIW.

- b+1+2~5 - One of his tag moves. Here's a Bruce to Jack sample tag juggle: b+1+2~5, b+3,2, f,f+1(B!), b+3,2,2. It goes w/o saying that this move always stuns productively, as it does in T6.

- d+3,4,2/2,4>2 - More or less his BnB TA filler. Keeps the opp high and close for your partner to come back in. Example (Jack - (Bruce) - Jack): d/f+2, 2, f,f+1~5(B!), (d+3,4,2), f,f+1+2,2. If you go w/2,4,2 instead and don't delay the second 2 (at least, in this example), it will whiff under the opp.

- CD still not cancelable.

Still working on stuff, of course...
Signature Autocrat1: "Default winning animation: Bryan punching face, minus punching just twerking"
My reply: OK, but only if they give him back his laugh and 'DIE!' during it.

handle: 六鬼袋《`》武雷庵
aasii
War Lord
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
@aviax thnx for the info brv i wish CD should bhi cancleable thats unfair to bruce;(

aasii
War Lord
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
i think bruce has a ws 3 like bryan look at this at 2:00
http://www.youtube.com/user/Shintai...u/1/0xarB1ZCy1c

MCP
MCP=?\ (?_o) /?
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
It's really easy to add the time stamp, just right click on the video for an option:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xar...filepage#t=116s

Not sure if the Lili was slow to punish, but he blocked jabs after ws+3.
Signature ?\ ( ) /?
aasii
War Lord
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
ok thnx yeh may b its punishable like bryan but in this video it doesnt look so

aasii
War Lord
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
bruce is sick guys got new move ws 3 which is safe and juggle even without counter hit

Adnanish
Whiff and die trying
PSN: Adnanish
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
What?? Are you sure bro? Safe ws3 and juggle on normal hit? Thats sick. Hows the range and speed compared to bryans ws3?

Also if you can, please test if cd3 is -14 now
Signature
aviax
Blu Blazer Irregular
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by aasii
bruce is sick guys got new move ws 3 which is safe and juggle even without counter hit

Adnanish
What?? Are you sure bro? Safe ws3 and juggle on normal hit? Thats sick. Hows the range and speed compared to bryans ws3?

Umm. This move has already been mentioned once or twice on this page. It doesn't juggle. It causes the same stun as f+3+4 does on CH in BR. Not sure if it recovers as fast as that move, tho'. The only thing I've been able to tack on reliably is b/d+2,1,4.
Signature Autocrat1: "Default winning animation: Bryan punching face, minus punching just twerking"
My reply: OK, but only if they give him back his laugh and 'DIE!' during it.

handle: 六鬼袋《`》武雷庵
Adnanish
Whiff and die trying
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Okay, have you tried to do the f3+4 BR juggle from ws3? f3,1 32f1 32f12/d3,4/b2. Cuz the stun crumble ws3 looks very identical to the f3+4
Signature
aasii
War Lord
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
yeah m sure and it can juggle specially near to wall

aasii
War Lord
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK5H...feature=related

u can see in this video i m playing

Phenex
Shihan
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
No worries! It's a dispute over 'juggle' haha let's just call it a 'combo', you can still 'combo' off of it

What's interesting is that is comes from FC as in Bruce's FC game is so shitty useless it's not even a 'FC game'.

With this new 'crash dive' (?) putting you in auto FC this means chars with fc mixups have an advantage yes?

And Namco is giving Bruce a new FC mid that can HURT!
Please say fc,df4 is either sped up or NOT hella death on block (check aviax check!)

With Namco giving him new ways to get into FC and giving him a FC mid that isn't semi-useless (ws2) all he needs is a reworked FCdf4 and you have a NEW way to play the char

H2 and H3 need a'testing
MCP
MCP=?\ (?_o) /?
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Signature ?\ ( ) /?
Adnanish
Whiff and die trying
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
LOOOOOOOOOOOL now thats what i call a friend in need, too bad the bear caught him and he sacrificed himself for his brother , SuperBruce i salute you!!!
Signature
MCP
MCP=?\ (?_o) /?
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Hi,
Fast forward to about 49:30 and watch a Bruce/Jack team use tag assault. Bruce uses u/f+3+4 (the default tag assault?). Jack then does u+1+2, b+3,2,2.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/17472287

Also check out the badass night time stage with floating land, purple water, and really good music.
Signature ?\ ( ) /?
Adnanish
Whiff and die trying
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Please continue the discussion in the other thread, i will do my best to take all new info from this thread to the other, thanks

Last edited by Adnanish on Sep 25th, 2011 at 20:15

Signature