TTT2 Roger

Page Splits 1...<234
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Stoic Steve
Iron Fist God
#61 “Quote” Edit Post
So right now if you do a tag out combo to roger Im thinking d d/f+2 is only usable way to tag back to your character without doing a tag assault. Maybe rogers new launcher does to we will see. Oh and yea I figured d/f+3+4 was a tagout cause when I played it it seemed like your other character came in fast enough to get a free low or 1 hell of a oki mixup
The Undertaker78
Dragon Lord
PSN: DEADMAN_INC__13
XBL: ORIGINAL_DEADMAN
#62 “Quote” Edit Post
Darn it ss4 no combo im so annoyed that was one of my roger essentials no bother i like the d/b3 to d/f 1+2 tag assualt it looks awesome cannot wait! ill still stick with roger as my main along with King

so it will be Roger and king as my tag team!
otherwise subs will be;

Roger and Wang
Roger and Armor King
Roger and Jack
Roger and leo or chreddy

that will do for now
Signature TEAM DEADMAN INC
MY ROGER's ALWAYS HARD!
Mr. NO!
Neptis
#63 “Quote” Edit Post
ss4 looks hella nerfed

no combo
no guaranteed follow-up (from the looks of it)
knd is further away
maybe it gives the same situation as ch ws3[3]? looks like it to me
Signature Roo of Canberra, Australia | Now based in Tokyo
Hibakusha_
Berserker
#64 “Quote” Edit Post
ss4 oki is going to be off the chain. Roger has never had a move that KD'd in that way (sideways) and I for one am looking forward to breaking it. Even if it will never be as good as guaranteed damage.
jiorio95
Don Frye
PSN: jiorio
#65 “Quote” Edit Post
If the punishment is the same and all it does is KND I would rarely touch ss4, no matter what the oki is.
JiveTurkeyJones
7th Dan
#66 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by jiorio95
If the punishment is the same and all it does is KND I would rarely touch ss4, no matter what the oki is.

This footage is from launch day. It's blocked. He does it again a few seconds later, and it hits.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1R7MaLQbAM&t=1m5s
On block, you can see that Rogs ss4 is still launch punishabl. Don't know if it's -40 still. For all we know, it could be "only" -30 now. lol But that's really irrelevant to me at that point. Beacause it's still clearly and easily launch punishable on block, period.

Looks like a totally lopsided ratio of risk vs reward considering what a hit leaves you with. Maybe Rog can get a free d+3+4 after a successful ss4. But even then, that's not worth risking -40 on block.

--Jive

Last edited by JiveTurkeyJones on Sep 16th, 2011 at 22:42

jiorio95
Don Frye
#67 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by JiveTurkeyJones
This footage is from launch day. It's blocked. He does it again a few seconds later, and it hits.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1R7MaLQbAM&t=1m5s
On block, you can see that Rogs ss4 is still launch punishabl. Don't know if it's -40 still. For all we know, it could be "only" -30 now. lol But that's really irrelevant to me at that point. Beacause it's still clearly and easily launch punishable on block, period.

Looks like a totally lopsided ratio of risk vs reward considering what a hit leaves you with. Maybe Rog can get a free d+3+4 after a successful ss4. But even then, that's not worth risking -40 on block.

--Jive

Definitely not worth it. Delay hopkick punishable for possible oki damage is silly.
Hibakusha_
Berserker
#68 “Quote” Edit Post
Just don't use ss4 when its going to get blocked. Crush/sidestep something with it. It's usable in the EXACT same way it always has been. That move gets blocked every time its just thrown out and then you die. Nothing has changed in that department.

As to never using it? yep. Haven't been using the version as it is now more than once a set anyway so I don't really care. Either way, I still think the oki is probably going to be really freaking awesome. I'll be using ss4 at the same sparing rate because nothing he has fills the same crush properties.

EDIT:
I just watched the link and it seems like ss4 oki is similar to CH cd 33 oki (albiet head away). If the oki situation is identical in practice then its pretty damn juicy, leads to another oki situation, probably will have tag assault shenanigans, and is (almost) guaranteed. Although roc 1+2 not bounding will nerf the mix-up (possibly by a lot).

Obviously, the change is a nerf, but it doesn't make ss4 worthless for what the move is supposed to be.

Last edited by Hibakusha_ on Sep 20th, 2011 at 22:59

jiorio95
Don Frye
#69 “Quote” Edit Post
The problem with ss4 is that the risk/reward is not there. Before if you got a juggle you could get ~60something dmg with oki and if it got punished you could be looking at say 70something damage of risk. Now you're looking at <30 dmg + non-gauranteed oki damage versus the same amount of risk (possibly more with the possible loss of red life juggles). That's how I view punishable moves in Tekken anyways, not saying I would never, ever use it, I'm just saying it was risky before and now it's use has been reduced further.

Early Japanese frame data has Roger's 2,1 at -2~-1 now instead of the old 0~+1. 1+2 looks the same as does df1>2. Nothing else jumped off the page at me in a quick glance.

EDIT: Oh, there are new TTT2 char forums now so we can take up Roger Jr talk over there.