The Australian Thread #2 GTFO spammers edition

Page Splits 1...<89101112>...21
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
St. George
Lee of Campbelltown
#181 “Quote” Edit Post
Zhan that is a top tier plan. There are plenty of hours in the day for mum and tournament.
Signature Flushking.
l0rds1lv3r
War Lord
#182 “Quote” Edit Post
Set-ups!!! Nice work Zhan. Is that what you do man?
Signature Sydney YT Channel || Sydney Forum || Sydney Blog

[Freelancer] LordSilver [STC] - Retired from Tekken
Cabjoy
6th Dan
#183 “Quote” Edit Post
LOL! Thanks for the advice guys, I'll see what I can do ;P
zer0kage
&#40658;&#39438;&#22
PSN: MrZaKaGi
XBL: zer0kage
#184 “Quote” Edit Post
Welcome. I hope to get some games with you in the future.
Signature 我は空、我は鋼、我は刃!!我は一繰り剣にて全ての罪を刈り取り悪を滅する!
Superhero &Idol
Sage
#185 “Quote” Edit Post
check pm yiggs?
Signature TUAN IS MORE HANDSOME THAN QUDANS, GIPSY AND AO.
yiggs
#STAYYIGGS
PSN: yiggs_au
#186 “Quote” Edit Post
thanks for the msg, tuan! encouraging as always
Signature twitch.tv/yiggs | @yiggs | #BUFFLING
FaYd
War Lord
#187 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by yiggs
thanks for the msg, tuan! encouraging as always

He's just knows how to lift your soul doesn't he?

Such an irreplaceable individual...
Zero the Shadow
I <3 Australia, mate
#188 “Quote” Edit Post
So kids I assume this is where I should post this. If it is out of context I'm sorry but cluttering up the Tier thread would not be productive. So I assume saiyuk posts here so I'll leave this hear for him and you all. Public enemy number 1 See you guys when I see you.

Originally posted by saiyuk
some shitty town holds a console tourney and you think anybody decent gives a shit?

one person (count 'em - one) worth anything went and only to watch the other tourneys. there are nationals every year held on arcade as it should be, and that wasnt them.

you are free to come here and challenge me at your preferred arcade version outside of tk1, tk2 or tk4. if you win, ill refund your flight. then you will have the opportunity to play 2 others of my choosing at Tekken 6:BR. all of these challenges will be first-to-15. if you beat the first one, I will give you AUD$1000. If you also beat the second one, I will give you another AUD$1000.

if at any point you lose, you owe me AUD$2000, and any previous winnings are forfeited.

for this to be fair, you have 30 days to confirm your booking with a plane ticket, and 60 days to arrive. that is plenty of time, and zero risk to you.

if you dont accept, i can follow any post you ever make with 'Zero the Shadow is my bitch'. i doubt i will since trolling is more effort than i have time for, but its a stipulation so i can take advantage of it if i ever choose. this is however, transferrable to anyone in australia i see fit.

thats 2055.2 of your weakling dollars you could make just by being right. noone ever offered me such simple money.

...saiyuk...

I wonder when "not that good" turned into "OMFG they are trash" but if you want to throw away money I'll look into my schedule and see what I can do but forgive me if I doubt you will keep your word.

Edit:

So I just got home and actual read your post, sorry skimmed it at work and this right here is the kind of BS I'm talking about. This challenge is impossible for anyone to logically match and accept which only goes to prove YOU DON'T WANT TO PROVE ANYTHING. If this was serious challenge which it isn't given the time frame given, the amount of money I would need to come up with, the stipulations, among other things clearly not thought out, hell it'd be fun to go to Australia and play all of you guys. I was getting all pumped think "Oh man go to Australia that's defiantly something I'm interested in!" However I had just skimmed the article super quick and all I read was FT15, $2000, refund your plane ticket, play me and two people" I'm just disappointing more than anything this just a bashing attempt and not a REAL challenge.I'm sure there are tons of great people in Australia, great things to see stuff to do, nut great Tekken players, that remains to be proven at all.

I mean I guess if you guys want to take it down this road we can cause if you read my post I specifically say "Not that good" and "That's besides the point" trying to make sure Australia didn't take it too hard but you guys asked for it.

This is the problem I have with TZ people like you. People from Australia and New Zealand who talk all this shit and when called out instead of saying something logical like "Hey if that's the case let's meet at EVO next year and have a money match." it's "Fly out to Australia within 30 days or you're a bitch." Not, "Let's meet at SBO next year and have a money match!" it's, "If you don't accept outrageous stipulations that completely don't favor you then you're a bitch."

Again what part of "NOT THAT GOOD" is so offensive. JDCR is not THAT GOOD he's lost in ever Crash Final. Does that make JDCR ass? No but I must then ask YOU what has Australia ever done to prove to the WORLD that they are in fact "That good" cause last time I check.....which was now, Australia hasn't done shit in the international scene.

In have a dude who lives at freakin 10 minute drive away from my house who's beat Tekken Crash Champion Addong in tournament. It means almost nothing YET that's more than anything I've ever heard out of Australia. The only thing I heard is you let Tokido win and Gamerbee take second in the only major anyone has ever heard of that takes place in your country. I'm sure the massive amounts of international tournies no one from Australia ever went to is enough to say so. What would you grade yourselves? You have nothing to compare yourselves to and it's not like you've ever gone out of your way to prove anything and BESIDES if I wanted to seek to prove myself further I'd just need to hop on I81 south go down to NYC and challenge FAB and GM to FT 15 which I think everyone would agree winning that would be far more impressive than beating random guy A.) and random guy B.) from Australia. and it's a hell of a lot cheaper too.

I see A LOT of talk and I mean A LOT from Australia on these boards and not much walk at all. I have nothing to prove to Australia you clearly have something you'd like to prove to me. If you want to set a reasonable challenge, maybe 1st Year TTT2 at EVO we meet up and do a fun high stakes money match, get the community all hype and excited it'd be good for the Tekken scene then, absolutely I'm all about it. Such rivalries are good for the community. If NOT, if you are going to continue to wave your e-penis around and make outrageous challenges then I'm afraid you only make yourself look stupid.

So I'll see you at EVO 2013 or some logical date and time so you can prove you are indeed "That good".
Signature Frankie I'll always miss you, RIP.
"Calm Down, Run Around, Throw Shit Out, WTF?!"
"Kills Spirit of Forums!"
"Oh Look it's my favorite move to eat"04/28/06~Mordak 03/20/10~JHonda
Zero the Shadow
I <3 Australia, mate
#189 “Quote” Edit Post
My PM box is open for all sorts of nasty spam and legit challenges.
Signature Frankie I'll always miss you, RIP.
"Calm Down, Run Around, Throw Shit Out, WTF?!"
"Kills Spirit of Forums!"
"Oh Look it's my favorite move to eat"04/28/06~Mordak 03/20/10~JHonda
SopSop
Iron Fist God
#190 “Quote” Edit Post
Australia have been to SBO twice, have topped tournaments in SE-Asia (where the arcade scene is VERY strong) and have had a long history of nationals.

Telling us to go to EVO is just as stupid as us inviting you here to Australia. You know that EVO isn't highly regarded at all in the international Tekken scene, right? Of course you don't - you're a typical yank. Regardless we WILL be at SBO again next year, but given that I haven't heard of you before, it would be funny to see whether or not you actually manage to qualify.

In case you missed it, this was St. George's reply in the other thread which sums everything up...

Originally posted by St. George
The only half decent player who made the trip down to SS (which is a street fighter event) was me, and I had literally never played on console or pad before. For the record last time Tokido played in Australia on arcade when decent players were there, he lost something like five money matches in a row, including one to me.

Try and do your research in the future so you don't come off looking like you have shit for brains. There were about twenty ways you could have checked to see if anybody of note went down to play, but instead you just ran your mouth off assuming you knew it all. What a fucking American.

I'm standing in front of 8 BR machines right now, all of them full on a Tuesday. Popular arcade scenes breed strength. I'm sure you can do the math and make the comparison to your 'scene'.

Have fun playing TTT2 when it drops on console in two years.
MMT
Royal Pain
PSN: MMTheo
#191 “Quote” Edit Post
No need for PM man, since you decide to take a stab at a nation, I think it's fair all comments stay out here.
I would love for you to take the challenge.
You thrashed Tokido, right?
I mean.. what can us Aussies do?
Signature STC|MMT|=ToT=

- Multiple Mono Tasking.
This is a signature that was made with a lot of EFFORT
yiggs
#STAYYIGGS
PSN: yiggs_au
#192 “Quote” Edit Post
Yo. Word on the street was that Shadowloo Showdown was shit because yiggs wasn't there.

that's what i heard anyway
Signature twitch.tv/yiggs | @yiggs | #BUFFLING
SopSop
Iron Fist God
#193 “Quote” Edit Post
I heard Shadowloo Showdown was shit* because of:

a) The timing of the event (during uni exams)
b) The marketing around the Tekken event (it was a side-tourney at best)
c) Melbourne's attitude towards OHN, but then the SS Tekken organiser chucking a shit fit because no one from Sydney went down a month after no one from Melbourne came up for OHN
d) Console

that's what i heard anyway

*This is in relation to Tekken at SS only. The Capcom side of things seemed amazing.
saiyuk
kansai power
PSN: syk-aus
#194 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Zero the Shadow
*sniffle* *sob* *whine* *backtrack*

i assure you i clearly thought out everything. i am after all putting the best part of $4000 on the table. all i have not confirmed is the people i would be backing to defeat you assuming i couldnt, though i am sure with a little backstory they could be persuaded easily enough.

the reasoning behind the timeframe chosen was two-fold. firstly, it is close enough to minimise doping, as the challenge is not 'how good can we be in 2 years if everyone hasnt forgotten youre a douche', but how good we are now. secondly, and most importantly, tk6 is old news and in 3 months we will be playing the arcade release of tag2. i have no intention of dragging you out and destroying you at a game you havent even played yet. that would be embarrassing for you, and we wouldnt want that.

in regards the amount of money you would need to come up with, it seems by your reckoning all you would need would be enough to cover your flight initially, since you beat me in a first-to-15 (at your choice of arcade release no less, tk 1,2 & 4 excluded) and the flight is covered. i would lend you the money myself, except since you questioned my character in regards to the ability to carry through on this contract, it would be remiss of me to assume you honest yourself. william shakespeare said "Suspicion always haunts the guilty mind", and he was smarter than you or i. well, you anyways.

by definition "FT15, $2000, refund your plane ticket, play me and two people" is exactly a challenge, though be careful to read it through again and make sure you are familiar with the rules. it could not be more 'REAL', capslock ON or off. your choice of wording in regards the talent pool is immaterial when you then draw comparisons using examples which, you believe, illustrate your point. the example and subsequent assumed logical conclusion supercedes any specific terminology or disclaimer you otherwise make. for example:

I'm not taking a shot at you, but I once heard of this guy called Zero the ...something... who apparently enjoyed pleasuring elderly gentlemen two at a time.

its really quite easy.

i have not talked any shit whatsoever, simply asked someone running their mouth off to back up their statement, and in doing so offering to make it well worth their while. i am also not even remotely offended. what i find offensive is that people with such limited mental capacity appear to live in affluence affording them such things and 'computers' and 'internets', increasing their chance of meeting someone and severely slowing down the next phase in Darwin's Natural Selection.

flying to your little console party is not, in anyone here's book, more logical. in regards to tekken, evo has zero recognition outside your 48 states and 2 annexes. also, you were required only to show proof of intent with a purchased ticket within 30 days, the departure date could be as much as another 30 days after that. i repeat that it is important you read and understand the rules laid out. you can ask for further clarification if anything is unclear to you. this is incredibly reasonable considering that every additional day gives you further opportunity to improve and boost your likelihood of success.

also, why on earth would i make stipulations that favour you? i am here to create the most objective situation possible given the requirements of the challenge, not to butter your toast and wipe the dribble off your chin.

the streetfighter party in melbourne was, by all accounts, a fantastic celebration of 2D fighting. it was not a 'major' in regards to tekken, as tekken was only confirmed weeks beforehand, on console, and was only a month or so after our nationals.

for international tourneys, we have been represented at SBO twice in tekken, and will continue to do so in the future. funny i dont remember meeting you there... as with most foreign nations (apart from korea) america has failed to progress at SBO and never entered tekken crash - you are referring to proper tourneys right? ones where you cant set your buttons to triangle + square?

also, you may want to do a little research on tekken crash winners - someone named gipsy using chreddy was one of our own for 3 years or so. he did not win every tournament.

i disagree that beating FAB (who?) and GM (rings a bell) constitutes a greater victory than what i am offering. i am sure they are very good players, but familiarity breeds complacency and here you would be facing new, unfamiliar players and both parties have something to prove. it is also not cheaper - you only need to validate your claim with action in order to walk away with a very large handful of cash. you are welcome to extend your stay as long as you like, and make as many side moneymatches as you like - i am sure you will have plenty of takers. i will also assist you in locating very reasonable accommodation within walking distance of the city and coordinate with the community so you can meet and greet everyone here in sydney and get some casuals/organise some competition for yourself. i will also take you, or organise for someone else to do so, to standard or requested sight-seeing destinations. i am a gracious and accommodating host offering you as much as i can.

i have nothing to prove to you, i did my talking at the arcades in japan, at tournaments here and in japan, and have done ok for myself. i played 3 of the 4 teams from usa that came for SBO that year (sperojin, kane, myke?, naps...hwoarang guy, bloodhawk or sth maybe) and did neither myself nor any of them any shame.

your attempt to delay this for 2 years and relocate it to your house is laughable and bordering on pathetic. i have no interest in going to evo. i may end up going one day, but you would flatter yourself to think it was anything to do with you. unless you make this trip and then request (nicely) for a rematch assuming things went south for you. rivalries are great for the community - what isnt great is little boys with little things projecting their inadequacies onto others. 'alot of talk and not much walk'? buddy, the whole world is looking at you. tuck your tiny e-penis back between your legs and shuffle away before you make things worse for yourself.

...saiyuk...
Signature zero the shadow is my bitch

The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom

- Danny Blanchflower
MMT
Royal Pain
PSN: MMTheo
#195 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Zero the Shadow
I wonder when "not that good" turned into "OMFG they are trash" but if you want to throw away money I'll look into my schedule and see what I can do but forgive me if I doubt you will keep your word.

Edit:

So I just got home and actual read your post, sorry skimmed it at work and this right here is the kind of BS I'm talking about. This challenge is impossible for anyone to logically match and accept which only goes to prove YOU DON'T WANT TO PROVE ANYTHING. If this was serious challenge which it isn't given the time frame given, the amount of money I would need to come up with, the stipulations, among other things clearly not thought out, hell it'd be fun to go to Australia and play all of you guys. I was getting all pumped think "Oh man go to Australia that's defiantly something I'm interested in!" However I had just skimmed the article super quick and all I read was FT15, $2000, refund your plane ticket, play me and two people" I'm just disappointing more than anything this just a bashing attempt and not a REAL challenge.I'm sure there are tons of great people in Australia, great things to see stuff to do, nut great Tekken players, that remains to be proven at all.

I mean I guess if you guys want to take it down this road we can cause if you read my post I specifically say "Not that good" and "That's besides the point" trying to make sure Australia didn't take it too hard but you guys asked for it.

This is the problem I have with TZ people like you. People from Australia and New Zealand who talk all this shit and when called out instead of saying something logical like "Hey if that's the case let's meet at EVO next year and have a money match." it's "Fly out to Australia within 30 days or you're a bitch." Not, "Let's meet at SBO next year and have a money match!" it's, "If you don't accept outrageous stipulations that completely don't favor you then you're a bitch."

Again what part of "NOT THAT GOOD" is so offensive. JDCR is not THAT GOOD he's lost in ever Crash Final. Does that make JDCR ass? No but I must then ask YOU what has Australia ever done to prove to the WORLD that they are in fact "That good" cause last time I check.....which was now, Australia hasn't done shit in the international scene.

In have a dude who lives at freakin 10 minute drive away from my house who's beat Tekken Crash Champion Addong in tournament. It means almost nothing YET that's more than anything I've ever heard out of Australia. The only thing I heard is you let Tokido win and Gamerbee take second in the only major anyone has ever heard of that takes place in your country. I'm sure the massive amounts of international tournies no one from Australia ever went to is enough to say so. What would you grade yourselves? You have nothing to compare yourselves to and it's not like you've ever gone out of your way to prove anything and BESIDES if I wanted to seek to prove myself further I'd just need to hop on I81 south go down to NYC and challenge FAB and GM to FT 15 which I think everyone would agree winning that would be far more impressive than beating random guy A.) and random guy B.) from Australia. and it's a hell of a lot cheaper too.

I see A LOT of talk and I mean A LOT from Australia on these boards and not much walk at all. I have nothing to prove to Australia you clearly have something you'd like to prove to me. If you want to set a reasonable challenge, maybe 1st Year TTT2 at EVO we meet up and do a fun high stakes money match, get the community all hype and excited it'd be good for the Tekken scene then, absolutely I'm all about it. Such rivalries are good for the community. If NOT, if you are going to continue to wave your e-penis around and make outrageous challenges then I'm afraid you only make yourself look stupid.

So I'll see you at EVO 2013 or some logical date and time so you can prove you are indeed "That good".

I cannot post like saiyuk as much as I would like to but..
If I may say that your initial quarrel was with a New Zealander, why are you bringing Australia into this? However, since we're already involved, then it makes no difference now..

I do however, want to point out that Jordyce's statement right before you felt the need to unneedingly bash Australia, was simply that the arcade scene in Australia and New Zealand are still very much alive.
Any rational person would have just nodded and left it at that, because lets face it, there is no way to prove that unless you live here..

Did you stop there, (un)fortunately no..
You took the step further to say that we are 'not that good'. See, normally if you've been here or lived here for sometime, thrashed the living fuck out of everyone, won every single (alright fine, most) money match convincingly and hands down undefeated by anyone in Australia (Not just Sydney, buddy, but they're the ones involved that you're talking to right now) then fine you can say what you want, how you want it, and the most you'll be labelled is a dickhead.

You've never been here, you've never played with us, and your only method of measure was using a console Tekken tourney that was never even planned about to be a part of the event, who's victor you beat in ANOTHER tourney.
That was the tourney who's winner you used as a benchmark to size yourself up.

I've respect for your big name players who've you've chosen to include in this discussion as examples, among quite a few others of course. If they've said something similar to what you've said, we most likely would have approached it in a more civil manner, as they have credentials to follow it up.
You're right, so far ours are quite limited, but that will change in the future, hopefully, but at least we don't go bashing other countries we've never been to by a tourney that we weren't in. ESPECIALLY when that country didn't start anything with us.

Lets not wait for TAG, it was a BR tourney afterall that you were basing all this upon..

Don't be a douche man.. you started.
Take your shit with you and fuck off.

Also just in case you grow testicles (I'll upgrade to balls when I see you):
saiyuk's offer stands, I'm sure and knowing him, he's true to his words, and I know for a fact that he's good for his bet.
All you have to do is.. go through your schedule, I suppose and fit in time for us, who's willing to pay for your travel expense and prove that we're not as good as you, because hey, thats what you implied when you flopped out your penis (I'll consider upgrading it to a cock if you beat us).
Signature STC|MMT|=ToT=

- Multiple Mono Tasking.
This is a signature that was made with a lot of EFFORT
Jordyce
Planet Robobear
PSN: Jordyce
#196 “Quote” Edit Post
If ZTS flies to AUS (Sydney, I take it?), I'll gladly fly over for a couple hundred dollar money match.

People from Australia and New Zealand who talk all this shit

Name someone other than myself and St. George.

I don't see any sort of shit talk from any other AUS players, let alone NZ players. Generally speaking, the AUS players spend a lot less time shit talking and debating players and tournaments and prefer to focus on the game itself. You know what I've seen over the past couple years? Constructive discussion regarding 6.0 and BR. We're the first English-speaking countries to get Tekken releases thanks to still having an arcade scene, which was my original point. We get far more exposure to Tekken than the States, we are not console bitches.

Just because you don't know good AUS players, doesn't mean they don't exist. Just because you haven't heard of the tournaments, doesn't mean they aren't of a high level of play. Just because St. George hasn't posted in here ripping you a new one, doesn't mean he won't soon.
Signature www.twitter.com/jordyce [you know what to do]
tuch_dis
War Lord
PSN: FAULRN
#197 “Quote” Edit Post
So your in New York Shadow? Well that's a few hours a way from me here in Michigan. I lived in Australia for a good 15 years and only recently moved to America.
Would you like to meet somewhere for a ft10. I'll bring recording equipment so theres no need to worry. Any excuses?

And St. George is right. Tokido lost too many money matches, including one to me.
Signature Christie WR3 = Sex! <3
kAb
Iron Fist God
#198 “Quote” Edit Post
why do you guys hate on console so much?
Signature you dont know what i'd do for 13 damage.
i'd kill a bitch for 13 damage
all these years people thought kAb stood for kilikAbeast
naw son...... killAbitch
imma get my damage one way or the other
SopSop
Iron Fist God
#199 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by kAb
why do you guys hate on console so much?

We're just used to arcade really... it just feels more natural to a lot of us. We don't look down on console players by all means (other than having an elitist laugh at pad players ), but sitting at an arcade cab is embedded in our "culture". As a result you will see us say stuff like "console is shit blah blah"... but it just comes down to what we are used to.
Axe Kazama
Iron Fist God
#200 “Quote” Edit Post
Saiyuk also makes a mean mojito