Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
saiyuk
kansai power
PSN: syk-aus
#81 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Zero the Shadow
You do realize Australia is not that good at Tekken, they let Tokido win their Tekken tournament at Shadoluu Showdwon and I killed Tokido in tournament right? Like I absolutely rapped and destroyed him. And that's besides the point. Don't talk shit to me across the damn internet. If your gonna talk shit come here and do it in person. When did I talk shit about you over the internet? Why are YOU trying to start shit with me? YIf so why not come over here and do something or you wanna play tough guy behind the computer some more?

some shitty town holds a console tourney and you think anybody decent gives a shit?

one person (count 'em - one) worth anything went and only to watch the other tourneys. there are nationals every year held on arcade as it should be, and that wasnt them.

you are free to come here and challenge me at your preferred arcade version outside of tk1, tk2 or tk4. if you win, ill refund your flight. then you will have the opportunity to play 2 others of my choosing at Tekken 6:BR. all of these challenges will be first-to-15. if you beat the first one, I will give you AUD$1000. If you also beat the second one, I will give you another AUD$1000.

if at any point you lose, you owe me AUD$2000, and any previous winnings are forfeited.

for this to be fair, you have 30 days to confirm your booking with a plane ticket, and 60 days to arrive. that is plenty of time, and zero risk to you.

if you dont accept, i can follow any post you ever make with 'Zero the Shadow is my bitch'. i doubt i will since trolling is more effort than i have time for, but its a stipulation so i can take advantage of it if i ever choose. this is however, transferrable to anyone in australia i see fit.

thats 2055.2 of your weakling dollars you could make just by being right. noone ever offered me such simple money.

...saiyuk...
Signature zero the shadow is my bitch

The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom

- Danny Blanchflower
yiggs
#STAYYIGGS
PSN: yiggs_au
#82 “Quote” Edit Post
Do it. It's free money, ZTS!
Signature twitch.tv/yiggs | @yiggs | #BUFFLING
jiorio95
Don Frye
PSN: jiorio
#83 “Quote” Edit Post
The only way I could see Roger falling off very hard is if he had property changes on some of his better pokes like 2,1; df1>2: etc. Loss of ss4 is nothing major and his new moves aren't that great. You should be able to sub in a good partner with him that could match some of his weaker areas.

More than likely I think as always he is overlooked early on since he isn't very popular, especially in Japan. Hopefully his strengths will show through once some of the better Roger players get their hands on him soon.
Zero the Shadow
I <3 Australia, mate
#84 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by saiyuk
some shitty town holds a console tourney and you think anybody decent gives a shit?

one person (count 'em - one) worth anything went and only to watch the other tourneys. there are nationals every year held on arcade as it should be, and that wasnt them.

you are free to come here and challenge me at your preferred arcade version outside of tk1, tk2 or tk4. if you win, ill refund your flight. then you will have the opportunity to play 2 others of my choosing at Tekken 6:BR. all of these challenges will be first-to-15. if you beat the first one, I will give you AUD$1000. If you also beat the second one, I will give you another AUD$1000.

if at any point you lose, you owe me AUD$2000, and any previous winnings are forfeited.

for this to be fair, you have 30 days to confirm your booking with a plane ticket, and 60 days to arrive. that is plenty of time, and zero risk to you.

if you dont accept, i can follow any post you ever make with 'Zero the Shadow is my bitch'. i doubt i will since trolling is more effort than i have time for, but its a stipulation so i can take advantage of it if i ever choose. this is however, transferrable to anyone in australia i see fit.

thats 2055.2 of your weakling dollars you could make just by being right. noone ever offered me such simple money.

...saiyuk...

I wonder when "not that good" turned into "OMFG they are trash" but if you want to throw away money I'll look into my schedule and see what I can do but forgive me if I doubt you will keep your word.

Edit:

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...292#post4440292

Anyone curious to my reply to this can see it here. No need to continue this in the tier thread don't you all agree?

Last edited by Zero the Shadow on Sep 21st, 2011 at 04:06

Signature Frankie I'll always miss you, RIP.
"Calm Down, Run Around, Throw Shit Out, WTF?!"
"Kills Spirit of Forums!"
"Oh Look it's my favorite move to eat"04/28/06~Mordak 03/20/10~JHonda
Jordyce
Planet Robobear
PSN: Jordyce
#85 “Quote” Edit Post
It's fun watching people dig their own graves.
Signature www.twitter.com/jordyce [you know what to do]
Mingriah
Make TZ Great Again
PSN: mingriah
#86 “Quote” Edit Post
from tier talk to trash talk

okay back to discussion

Mishimas are top hurray

ogre at bottom
Signature Please; call me FreeChaolan

Apparently Eliza's not in TTT2 because drunk Japanese can go super saiyan.

that feel when...laggy TV
saiyuk
kansai power
#87 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Zero the Shadow
I wonder when "not that good" turned into "OMFG they are trash" but if you want to throw away money I'll look into my schedule and see what I can do but forgive me if I doubt you will keep your word.

I never put any words in your mouth. What I have done Is put my money where your mouth is. You 'rapped {sic}' tokido, who in turn we 'let' win 'our' tourney.

Simply prove yourself right & earn the easiest 2055.2 almost-Canadian-strength dollars of your life. Or become my bitch.

...saiyuk...

The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom

- Danny Blanchflower
Awestruck
Lone Wolf
PSN: imAWESTRUCK
#88 “Quote” Edit Post
Ugh.. Nina's placement, unfortunately doesn't seem too far off.

1+4 losing tracking properties and the fact that it doesn't force crouch anymore is quite a disappointment, including a slower, launch punishable db+3.

blaaaaaah
saiyuk
kansai power
#89 “Quote” Edit Post
i havent watched any yet, but its intriguing that JC hasnt tumbled down the ranks. i think im going to miss f+3~1 the most (juggles!) and the new one doesnt look an adequate replacement.

for anyone interested in the ongoing discussions with Zero the Shadow, click his link above. i replied there.

- Danny Blanchflower
atdsutm
Sage
PSN: YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
XBL: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
#90 “Quote” Edit Post
Jin should be a bit lower than mid lol. and it seems like the list still reeks of T6BR mindset.
DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
PSN: dropkick_br
#91 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by atdsutm
Jin should be a bit lower than mid lol. and it seems like the list still reeks of T6BR mindset.

Honestly, why? Jin d4 being -15 doesn't hurt him anymore IMO.

He got a really strong mids in the game that will keep his opponents standing up. And with his expanded CDS transitions, he won't need to use chip damage lows like that and I'll rather aim for big lows such as CDS 4 or CDS df4 aka hellsweep.
Signature : Darnnit guys! I just heard I just got randomly booked against Jack for Tekken 7! All that buildup we did from Tekken 5 went to waste...
: Wait? I thought we are booked to do a epic triple threat match at Tekken 7? I'm even devising the spots we were doing.
: Hey bro, not only that... both of us got future endeavored...
: This is some WCW sh*t going on... Who's booking this crap?
atdsutm
Sage
#92 “Quote” Edit Post
some of his mids got improved?
Murakumo
1,2,4:4 all day long
PSN: TZMurakumo
#93 “Quote” Edit Post
People wondering about Mishimas...

EWGF,5...

That's the biggest reason right there. Wave and wave cancelling movement seems more like Tag 1 again, where you can actual maneuver around well with it.

But back to EWGF,5... you can buffer it for free since it won't tag when you whiff. Every time you hit EWGF, your opponent loses all red life in that combo. Your partner, it not needing to be a tag assault, does not need lose red life to do this. You can finish combos with DEWGF,5... if you need to get back to your first character (end with whoever you want, basically).

With about 1/3 of my matches probably oging to time up so far, the ability to eliminate your opponents' red life is very important. With the constant threat of EWGF and better movement, Mishimas can also hold a lead better than many characters.

So, IMO, the main things Mishimas have going for them again are movement and the life system and tag system. Even if their juggles do less than some, in a way they do more simply because the damage they do is permanent.

As for Lee, I feel he is slightly improved so far. He got a low parry juggle nerf and a CH 2,2,3 nerf. he received a silver tail buff, sway 4 buff, and apparently a 3,3 buff (slight pushback? more than I remembered in BR). So that's a mid upgrade, and two improved lows. He also has ff+1+2 which splats and gives plus frames on block (h,h). This finally allows some pressure at the wall.

So far the only two characters I've found with combos with him from WS+2,3 are Ogre (srsly, shit tier) and as of today, Steve (very tight ff+2 timing). With Ogre that's an i14 to over half life. With Steve it does a bit less. Requires tag assault for either to make a real combo out of it, so Lee will be losing red if you use it.

Yoshi seems VERY good now. I would prolly play Lee/Yoshi or Yoshi/Lee if I were able to WS+2,3,5... to combo, but it seems f+1+2 is too slow (tried today). Maybe I should try d+2,2,d+1?...
Yoshi got improved punishes, improved evasion on high crushes, (many mids passing through sweep and sword sweep), and normal flash leads to B! combo (scrub/hopkick killer).
1+4, d+2,2,d+1, B!, SSR~b+2,1,1+2,[KIN]f+2 (Did I get the stance name right?)
Also, (w) d+2,2,d+1, B! works... into d/f+2,2 for damage or d/b+3,3,3,3,3 -> oki

Jack damage actually got buffed. Most juggles seems to do less than BR, but Jack's seem to do more than before.

Also, Ogre has so many problems it's not even funny. You can check the Ogre thread for a lot of my details. His biggest problems are in close range with horrible frames and almost no crush options. What adds to that is his animation is so large is obscures much of the opponent at range 0, including their hands on throw attempts. Even if you can watch hands and break throws, you'll be guessing blindly when you can't see hands/arms.
Signature Hit confirms and just frames in a mist trap sandwich!
SSJ-Luffy
Destroyer
PSN: SSJ-Luffy
#94 “Quote” Edit Post
Checked Hwo and Alisa movelist.
They don't have a safe Tag launcher (OK, Hwo has JFSR, but it is still punishable with some charas).

Could someone check the movelist from some other charas for safe Tag-Launchers? Could explain, why Mishimas are Top-Tier. EWGF gives +frame and is even a Tag-Launcher.

Lol, Lars has u/f+4 as Tag-Launcher (slow, but save and lowcrush).

Edit: Alisa has 1+2, but it's i33 (sure, it's lowcrush, but cannot used as blockpunisher).

Last edited by SSJ-Luffy on Sep 22nd, 2011 at 20:33

Signature Touhou addicted Tekken player.
TTT2 Mains: +
Subs: , , Leo, Ling, Angel, D-Jin
Draakur
Iron Fist God
#95 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks for the constant updating Murakumo. Much appreciated man.
Signature Draakur -RS-
------
Nori
Crom is my god
PSN: RxF_Nori
XBL: Nori Batousai
#96 “Quote” Edit Post
Kane (or anybody that has actually played TTT2: Why is Bryan considered A tier? And also, why is Jack considered A tier too? Thanks in advance
Signature
What is best in life?

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women - Conan the Barbarian
albacore7
4th Dan
#97 “Quote” Edit Post
Im kinda annoyed that Asuka's didn't get much of anything. i12 punisher and sweep cancel is nice, but i dont believe it warrants making 1,3_1,4 -1 on HIT, her 10f punisher is STILL just 1, the rest of the changes are nerfs too, she was already low tier in BR, is namco pushing her to be in shit tier?
Lord Omega
1st Dan
PSN: Lord_Omega_X
#98 “Quote” Edit Post
Some info on Lei would be nice thanks. I actually thought he got buffed in this game. Would be interesting to know why some people think he's bottom tier.
Signature DRAGΩNFLY BABY!
atdsutm
Sage
#99 “Quote” Edit Post
who cares about the low tier ones, just wait for the next S-A tier 5 min learning curve character.
Robo-mitsu
Champion
PSN: DemonKingLaharl
#100 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by albacore7
Im kinda annoyed that Asuka's didn't get much of anything. i12 punisher and sweep cancel is nice, but i dont believe it warrants making 1,3_1,4 -1 on HIT, her 10f punisher is STILL just 1, the rest of the changes are nerfs too, she was already low tier in BR, is namco pushing her to be in shit tier?

She aint low tier in BR. Low mid more like. But yeah, I'm salty about b+3 losing range and the the delayed 4. If it weren't for some of those nerfs, her new stuff might've given her a more solid placement. Wonder why they thought she needed toning down in some areas...
Signature Shiki Soku Ze Kuu... *BZZT*

Angelo1 on Malekith: "Yeah it would be very cool to see an Asuka player win a tournament if he didn't win almost every tournament he participated in."