< >
Brahma
Bottom Tier Hero
PSN: BrahmaDDT
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Work in progress.

New moves

u/f+2,1+2
-First hit is same u/f+2 with no knockdown.
-2nd hit looks similar to WR 1+2 and knocks the opponent far away.
-NC

f,f+3
-SLow left legged stomp, mid, hits grounded.
- +frames on block, seems about +3?
-On hit opponent knocked down, free fast M/L
-Does not B!
-OFC on block, safe(?)
-tracking or linear?

d/f+4,1,2
-m,h,m
-Mostly useful as juggle ender and TA assist, has good wall carry
-d/f+4 by itself has slooooow recovery
-1st 2 hits NC, 2nd 2 hits NCc(?)
-Last hit looks safe. Does the 2nd hit jail?

Move Changes

b+2,1
-NC
-Possible faster on startup and recovery. Maybe i14?
-(b21)d+2 knocks down FDFT now.

f+2
-Sitdown stun on normal hit
-Further knockback on CH
-Regular mid now (was Sm)

f,f+2
-Knocks back like BR off-axis version did.
-Safe
-CH throws still mashable (?)

u/f+2
-No longer knocks down on CH.
-+ on hit.
-Has 1+2 extension.

d/b+1+2
-New animation, not as low to the ground and attacks with arms out. Unsure if counts as a punch attack.

f+3+4
-shorter knockback on CH hit. Free f3+4 and probably 1+2.

f+4,4 and 4,4
-Are both NC even when delayed.
-No longer stun on CH.

d+1,2
-d+1 no longer floors on CH
-NCc, possibly delayed NCc (confirm delay NCc?)

u/f+3
-No free hits anymore.

ws+3
-Nothing guaranteed anymore.
-Maybe mid now?

ws+2
- Possibly back to T5/DR status, crushes mids in starting frames
-No high launch on CH anymore.

Taggable moves
-ff1+2
-WS+2
-HCF+1
-b,f+2
-(CH f,f+2), 1+2
-df2, ff1+2~5 distance depended and it helps if tagpartner has a low pickupmove. Takes red life.

Juggles/guaranteed stuff
df2, b41 B!, b21, cc, df412
df2, b21, cc, b21, ws1+2,1+2 B!, df2,1+2
ff1+2, df1+2,1, b41 B!, df412
LP, df141, 1, ff, df412
CH b1, df141, df41 possibly still works
df2+3, ff3?
After balconybreak, df141 works.

Tag Assault
-df412
-df1+2,1
-W!, 344

Tag Throws
Ganryu (lead) -->Jaycee 1+3~5
Ganryu (lead) --> Bob ff1+4~5

Likes/dislikes
Likes(+1): Devil Jin, Jaycee
Dislikes(-1): Bob, Lili, Ogre
Hates(-2): -
Other characters about Ganny
Like him(+1): Bob, Lili
Dislike him(-1): -
Hate him(-2): Jaycee

Last edited by sandilord on Aug 7th, 2012 at 00:25

Signature Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

[sdtekken.com]
FlyMikey
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: FlyMike45
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Footage of u/f+2->1+2 at 00:33

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT6HMM0vV_w

Still not amped about the change. I'd rather have a tracking knockdown mid anyday. u/f+2 was my go-to move.

And seems like they're nerfing f,f+2 more each installment. 6 breaks in DR, 3 breaks in T6, and now on grabs on CH in TTT2. If it's safe now then cool I guess but I used the fuck out of this move, oki on 1, 2 breaks and combo off 1+2.

Eh.....not looking so good Ganny. I asked Harada personally at MLG why they hate this character. He said it was foolish to say they dislike any of their characters but I can't tell. The changes directly affect my playstyle with him and the new additions are looking like fluff.
Signature Retired...........unless MMs.

Brahma
Bottom Tier Hero
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
I liked knockdown u/f+2 better too.

I like the idea of f,f+2, but the move has always kind of sucked for anything other than whiff punish IMO. They should at least replace the f,f+2 grabs with the CH d+1+2 grabs. The f,f+2 grabs aside from 1+2 are kinda shitty. He's got some solid concepts, but a lot of his moveset is kind of half assed.

Another thing we have to think about is how does he work on a team? What can he tag off of for launches, throws, etc. f,f+2~1+2 throw into tag would be sick.

I do think the d/f+4,1,2 is a solid new move for him, if only to give a decent wall carry for floaty high splat.

f,f+3 looks interesting. As long as it's safe and not extremely linear it can be a solid approach tool with its range.

I'm curious to see how fast b+2,1 is and if it is indeed NC. If just the NC then he has a solid mid to get in and force FC mixups. I really like b+2,1 in BR, but always wondered why it wasn't at least NCc.

Anyone try his FC,d/f+1,2,1 string to see if there are any changes in properties?

Are FC,d/f+2 combos still range dependent?
Signature Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

[sdtekken.com]
sandilord
Sambo & Senile
PSN: Sandilord
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
df412 is a juggle ender and not a juggle filler right?
Where did you come up with f33? I don't think it exists? I wouldn't mind losing f3 though, useless...
Signature
FlyMikey
Tekken Lord Black
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Ya, the CH push grabs gave better positioning.

f,f+2 was good on ranged whiff punishing, opponent advances, and get up kicks

Off of tag launches, the natural reaction would be to b+2, 1-> or df+1, 4-> everything. Or even d/f+1+2, 1 straight to wall. Agreed though, I always wanted to f,f+2->1+2->tag would be too cool. Admittedly, that is going to be the first thing I try out when I get hands on game lol.

Any vids of f,f+3?

Sandilord, besides ws+2 or big launcher, it looks like df+4,1,2 might be the post B! wall carry. In T6 I B! early then d/f+1+2, 1 for high splat....if at right distance. At least with df+4,1, 2 it looks like we won't need to worry because the string carries and the last hit makes people really fly. That's all I can really see it for right now, because I don't know how well the knee picks up, if at all.

Man, I hope someone can confirm if FC d/f+2 is changed any. I wish that shit was like DJ's ws+2. At least he can just dash f,f+3, 1. Having Ganny FC d/f+2 from distance and then having to DEEP DASH b+2,1 was always frustrating for me. Sucks too because I want that good range 15f punish.

sandilord
Sambo & Senile
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by sandilord
df412 is a juggle ender and not a juggle filler right?
Where did you come up with f33? I don't think it exists? I wouldn't mind losing f3 though, useless...
I think I was a bit vague: this post was a reaction on the first post.
Signature
aviax
Blu Blazer Irregular
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Brahma
Work in progress.

New moves

u/f+2,1+2
-First hit is same u/f+2 with no knockdown.
-2nd hit looks similar to WR 1+2 and knocks the opponent far away.
-NCc(?)
-safe?
-linear?

f,f+3
-M, similar to Bryan b+1 in speed (?)
-Normal hit opponent FUFT, free fast M/L
-CH ground bounce
-OFC on block
-Does not B!
-OFC on block, safe(?)
-tracking or linear?

d/f+4,1,2
-m,h,m
-Mostly useful as juggle filler, has good wall carry
-d/f+4 by itself has slooooow recovery
-1st 2 hits NC, 2nd 2 hits NCc(?)
-Last hit looks safe. Does the 2nd hit jail?

f+3,3
Not sure what this is.

Move Changes

b+2,1
-NCc, possible NC (?).
-Possible faster. Maybe i14?

f+2
-Far knockback on CH

f,f+2
-Knocks back like BR off-axis version did.
-Possibly safe (?)
-CH throws still mashable (?)

u/f+2
-No longer knocks down on CH.
-Has 1+2 extension.

Let me know if I missed anything.

- f,f+3 doesn't hit any more productively on CH than on NH - I just posted in the Q&A thread about this.

- b+2,1,2_d+2 - Unless I have played about 12-14 of the stupidest Tekken players ever, the first two hits are NC. The trip ender now is unproductive (except possibly near a wall) - it trips the opponent away from Ganny. Not as far as Jack's hcf+1, but... I am going to try to see if there are any guaranteed follow-ups. d+4, f,f+3, u/f+3+4 seem to be the likeliest candidates (desperately hoping f,f, b+2,1 works), but...

- Taggable moves: hcf+1, b,f+2, ws+2, f,f+2(CH),1+2 (note: this means we might get more mileage out of the other two options, if input immediately (can the throw follow-ups be buffered?))

- f+2 CH now causes re-animated fall down. Still haven't found what, if anything, is guaranteed.

- b+1+2 - Did this always cause a floated opp to go shooting across the screen like a bullet? And really, really far? I put a guy into the wall from what must have been about 10 meters away. Could be good with breakable walls and especially balconies (which become auto tag combos). I will try to get more concrete info and report back.

- His BnB TA filler is probably d/f+1,4>1. Example (w/Jack starting): d/f+2, 2, f,f+1~5(B!), (d/f+1,4>1), f,f+1+2,2. It can be a bit tricky, tho', because delaying too long will just give control back to Jack.

- I just noticed his f+3+4 seems to keep the opp closer on CH. A second one might be guaranteed..? (EDIT: Unless opp QR's, of course...) Will check.

- (Side grumble: If Bruce's b+1+2~5 works, why not Ganny's d/b+1+2,2?!)

- Actually, since I've mentioned d/b+1+2, I should note that it's been re-animated. He doesn't get as low to the ground (it looks more like he's an offensive lineman in (American) football than a sumo getting ready for a tachiai), but when he flies forward, he extends his hands, giving this move just an extra bit of reach. Wondering if that now makes it as reversible as a punch...

Last edited by aviax on Sep 20th, 2011 at 17:15

Signature Autocrat1: "Default winning animation: Bryan punching face, minus punching just twerking"
My reply: OK, but only if they give him back his laugh and 'DIE!' during it.

handle: 六鬼袋《`》武雷庵
sandilord
Sambo & Senile
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by aviax
- b+1+2 - Did this always cause a floated opp to go shooting across the screen like a bullet? And really, really far? I put a guy into the wall from what must have been about 10 meters away. Could be good with breakable walls and especially balconies (which become auto tag combos). I will try to get more concrete info and report back.

- His BnB TA filler is probably d/f+1,4>1. Example (w/Jack starting): d/f+2, 2, f,f+1~5(B!), (d/f+1,4>1), f,f+1+2,2. It can be a bit tricky, tho', because delaying too long will just give control back to Jack.

- Actually, since I've mentioned d/b+1+2, I should note that it's been re-animated. He doesn't get as low to the ground (it looks more like he's an offensive lineman in (American) football than a sumo getting ready for a tachiai), but when he flies forward, he extends his hands, giving this move just an extra bit of reach. Wondering if that now makes it as reversible as a punch...
Good stuff!
-b1+2 on a floating opponent sends them backwards in BR but not the way you describe. Could be a buffed effect. Funny how they'd adjust small things like that.
-How about df1+2,1 as TA filler?
-Sounds like it's nerfed a bit: less evasion and possibly reversable. I like the headbutt idea...

Are you in the possibility to capture some footage? I would very much like to see ff3, the new db1+2 and maybe the new floating effect of b1+2. I know I'm asking a lot. If you can't then not. Already very grateful as you're our only source of Ganny info atm.
Signature
Brennan
Master
PSN: Hyann
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
If I recall correctly, you can do df+1+2.1 after b+2.1.d+2 in BR to a mini juggle of sorts (better if close to the walls to a high wall splat and B!). Can you if Ganny can still do this, aviax?

Also, some minor questions (plus a few of them that I already asked in his BR forum):

- uf+1+2 - is still safe?
- d+1+2 - has the move changed at all? Still +1 on block with zero tracking?
- df+3 - the kick seemed a little faster in some videos that I watched. Could be my eyes playing tricks on me, but can you check its startup (if is the same as BR or not?)
- Jabs are still i12?

Thanks in advance, aviax. You're doing a great job informing us about Ganny.
FlyMikey
Tekken Lord Black
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Yo, one way to verify if they changed b+1+2 on normal hit is to see if you can still get a free f+2 afterwards. T6BR headbutt on regular hit allows you a guaranteed f+2 if they quickroll the knockdown in any way. Nobody just lays there after b+1+2.

They took full combo away from b+2,1->d+2?!? Why? The extensions (outside of combos) became useless shortly after the game dropped. Too telegraphable to be a mixup. So if someone wants to WATCH me low sweep them then I should be handsomely rewarded. Ugh....

Please tell me that d/b+2 wasn't nerfed in the same way. Slow ass punishable by death move turned gamebreaker if placed well. Like on ranged open ground whiff punishes. Namco please dont fuck with my shitty moves and make them completely worthless.

Did they change b+2,1->2 properties? Hell, does it even still knockdown??? The positioning it places oppnent allows for them to at least wake up BT on one more. Or a third if they dont lay there. But if they do, good.

I'm bitching but Ganryu didn't need to take ANY hits, let alone nerfs on shit that never really was used. I still want someone to tell me what they made beefier. How has he been touched in a good way(lol)? Any confirmation yet that f,f+2 is indeed safe? Where the fuck is the good news?

aviax
Blu Blazer Irregular
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Brennan
If I recall correctly, you can do df+1+2.1 after b+2.1.d+2 in BR to a mini juggle of sorts (better if close to the walls to a high wall splat and B!). Can you if Ganny can still do this, aviax?

Also, some minor questions (plus a few of them that I already asked in his BR forum):

- uf+1+2 - is still safe?
- d+1+2 - has the move changed at all? Still +1 on block with zero tracking?
- df+3 - the kick seemed a little faster in some videos that I watched. Could be my eyes playing tricks on me, but can you check its startup (if is the same as BR or not?)
- Jabs are still i12?

Thanks in advance, aviax. You're doing a great job informing us about Ganny.

In order:

- nothing from BR is possible with the new trip finisher. Something like u/f+3+4 might be, but I haven't checked.
- u/f+1+2 appears to be as safe as it ever was, but that could be influenced by the fact that everyone 'knows' it's safe. IOW, I can't officially guarantee this, but it really seems so.
- Not noticing any differences with d+1+2 either, but, again, no one seems to act as if it's any different, which may be messing with perceptions.
- No info on this. Will check.
- Yep

Originally posted by FlyMikey

Yo, one way to verify if they changed b+1+2 on normal hit is to see if you can still get a free f+2 afterwards. T6BR headbutt on regular hit allows you a guaranteed f+2 if they quickroll the knockdown in any way. Nobody just lays there after b+1+2.

They took full combo away from b+2,1->d+2?!? Why? The extensions (outside of combos) became useless shortly after the game dropped. Too telegraphable to be a mixup. So if someone wants to WATCH me low sweep them then I should be handsomely rewarded. Ugh....

Please tell me that d/b+2 wasn't nerfed in the same way. Slow ass punishable by death move turned gamebreaker if placed well. Like on ranged open ground whiff punishes. Namco please dont fuck with my shitty moves and make them completely worthless.

Did they change b+2,1->2 properties? Hell, does it even still knockdown??? The positioning it places oppnent allows for them to at least wake up BT on one more. Or a third if they dont lay there. But if they do, good.

I'm bitching but Ganryu didn't need to take ANY hits, let alone nerfs on shit that never really was used. I still want someone to tell me what they made beefier. How has he been touched in a good way(lol)? Any confirmation yet that f,f+2 is indeed safe? Where the fuck is the good news?

- Thanks for the idea on the b+1+2 thing. I'll try it out. I expect it will work, since that animation is unchanged. It's the CH effect only that is different.

- FWIW, d/b+2 is the same relatively lousy trip it always has been, but at least you can still juggle off it.

- The mid finisher is also unchanged.

- Also, FWIW, the whole string appears to have been speeded up. Even in terms of recovery: I got b,2,1, HHS to come out so smoothly it was almost as if it were a string unto itself.

(Also, I would agree with you overall regarding the idea that Ganny didn't need to be nerfed, in the final balance)

That said, I have a bit of good news, and some more bad:

- ws+3_u/f+3 - no longer causes any kind of crumple. Either will knock the opponent away. Damage seems to be better, tho'. I just realized I should try to confirm that ws+3 is still high. If it is, it is more or less completely pointless now, which would be a real shame.

- u/f+2,1+2 - NCc, and decent juggle finisher. Sample: d/f+2,1,2,1,(2),1, 2,1,2(b!), u/f+2,1+2 all hits, and is dead easy to execute. Next thing to check out is the FA situation on u/f+2 with NH. Oh, and if this is NCc-confirmable (I think it just might be, in a way similar to Miguel's two-hit homing combo).

- For better or worse, ws+2 always juggles the same height now. I think this is part of the overall trend with the game to encourage tag interaction - keeping the height uniform makes tag juggles more predictable, as well as making it more difficult for Ganny to win on his own (he's hardly the only character to have this kind of modification to a move effect - I think almost everyone has had this happen to them). Oh, and the uniform height is the same as the current NH.

- At least once I got f+3+4(CH), f+3+4 to connect while the opp's feet were still falling to the ground, so there's that.

Oops! Almost hit 'submit reply' before replying to sandilord's TA question (using d/f+1+2,1 rather than d/f+1,4>1): Haven't checked it yet, but I would say your idea would probably work with many characters. Still, the pushback and/or flip-over of the last 1 might make it difficult for some chars to continue the juggle effectively beyond maybe one more hit.
Signature Autocrat1: "Default winning animation: Bryan punching face, minus punching just twerking"

Brahma
Bottom Tier Hero
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
About f,f+3:
-So it knocks down FDFA?
-Can you float with b+2,1_d/f+1 if they try to stand/roll after?
-It hits grounded right?
-What do you get for free on hit after? d+4_d/b+4_1+2_u/f+3+4 or another f,f+3?

Other than that:
-Can you test frames on b+2,1? Both execution and recovery? How good is WS+1_4 at stuffing moves after?
-Does WS+2 launch to the T6 normal hit height or CH height?
-Can you see if f,f+3+4 hits grounded now?

[sdtekken.com]
aviax
Blu Blazer Irregular
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
About f,f+3:
-So it knocks down FDFA?
-Can you float with b+2,1_d/f+1 if they try to stand/roll after?
-It hits grounded right?
-What do you get for free on hit after? d+4_d/b+4_1+2_u/f+3+4 or another f,f+3?

Other than that:
-Can you test frames on b+2,1? Both execution and recovery? How good is WS+1_4 at stuffing moves after?
-Does WS+2 launch to the T6 normal hit height or CH height?
-Can you see if f,f+3+4 hits grounded now?

- yep (EDIT: Actually, hold on a sec. It might result in FUFT. Will update. Sorry...)
- yep - This is why I used to think it allowed this kind of follow-up on CH (EDIT: EDIT immediately above does not affect this answer)
- of course
- yep, yep, yep, probably not guaranteed (but similar to d/f+2+3 in that most people will probably eat it, anyway), highly unlikely (but I will confirm), and you forgot d/f+3 (which would be: "- yep")

- testing frames is kinda tough for me, because I'm not good enough to do more than just try to win against the local competition. I might be able to get some kind of info against the CPU on an open machine, but you might have to take that with a bit of a grain of salt. Best guess would be that either option you mentioned would be uninterruptible if the 1 hits. Which reminds me: I need to check on NC(c) status of (b+2),1,2_d+2, which should be easy enough to get against badly-timed tags.
- Yeah, sorry for not being clearer with my previous post, but another way to say it is that ws+2 does not get a higher launch on CH, like it does in T6.
- On a lark, I tried this as a TA assist move - meaning that the opp had been B!-ed. It didn't hit at all, which leads me to think it doesn't hit grounded, although maybe if you got close enough for Ganny's belly to make contact, it might produce a different result. Also, I want to check this out with a partner who has a class 1 launcher near a balcony.

Example (w/Jack starting): d+1+2~5, f,f+3+4 (balcony break back to Jack), (some few more hits)

Could be... really painful...

Last edited by aviax on Sep 21st, 2011 at 02:57

Brennan
Master
PSN: Hyann
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Thank you for your inputs, aviax. - good stuff.

Be sure to test a lot of moves to TA purposes - and let us know what are the best ones.

aviax
Blu Blazer Irregular
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
BTW, Brennan, I forgot to answer one of your questions a few posts ago. Unfortunately, it appears that b+2,1,d+2 no longer starts juggles. It knock opps about a meter away, and a bit to Ganny's left. That said, I guess I can't confirm what it might (not) do in a CH situation...

Brahma
Bottom Tier Hero
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks for the info aviax! Any confirmation on whether b+2,1 is NC or not? As for startup frames, see if you can punish -14/-15 with it.

Also, you might want to check to see if we can get float off of d/f+2+3 again. If b+2,1 is faster maybe we can d/f+2+3~cc~b+2,1 now? Not likely, but might as well check.

[sdtekken.com]
aviax
Blu Blazer Irregular
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks for the info aviax! Any confirmation on whether b+2,1 is NC or not? As for startup frames, see if you can punish -14/-15 with it.

Also, you might want to check to see if we can get float off of d/f+2+3 again. If b+2,1 is faster maybe we can d/f+2+3~cc~b+2,1 now? Not likely, but might as well check.

- Confirmed NC.

- Good idea. I will see that can be done.

- Unrelated: I have yet to see Ganny do a juggle to b! that he couldn't end w/u/f+2,1+2, and this might be the most painful ender he has. Can cause W! either pre- or post-B!

Last edited by aviax on Sep 23rd, 2011 at 08:50

Brahma
Bottom Tier Hero
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Good stuff, I think that b+2,1 is definitely one of his better moves now.

How high is the wallsplat from u/f+2,1+2 ender?

What are his combos looking like?

[sdtekken.com]
FlyMikey
Tekken Lord Black
#19 “Quote” Edit Post

sandilord
Sambo & Senile
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by FlyMikey
What's the move at 1:18?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U34v...feature=related
wow, good find! Seems to be a yet unknown new move. It's clearly a right armed/2 move. Time will tell I guess.
Edit: on second thought, I think it's his version of 2+5?
Signature