Page Splits 1...<45678>...29
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
luTheD
1st Dan
PSN: lucho_83cor
#101 “Quote” Edit Post
Yes, its possible to cancel the dash with d,df for a iWS.

I think it has great potential for combos and for good mix-up.
tmd02
YYYEEESSSS!!!
PSN: revolverturles
XBL: FOTTOM
#102 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by luTheD
Dragunov has a step-kick that's very similar to sf4 Abel.

The input is f3 and during the kick animation input qcf.

Clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2xj4-rY8LQ

OMFG!!

Wow! He really looks like he's similar to ryan now, imagine the enders of combos!!

B! f+3~d/f, QCF+1+2

B! f+3~d/f, QCF+3!!

amd the cancel too!!1
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!1

Say guys, any idea what that move is at 0:20? I thought it was 1+2 but it looks a lot different from the 1+2 I've seen in a lot of vids including Aris test vid.
Mr Adam0
Dirty Ninja Tricks
XBL: Mr Adam0
#103 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by tmd02
OMFG!!

Wow! He really looks like he's similar to ryan now, imagine the enders of combos!!

B! f+3~d/f, QCF+1+2

B! f+3~d/f, QCF+3!!

amd the cancel too!!1
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!1

Say guys, any idea what that move is at 0:20? I thought it was 1+2 but it looks a lot different from the 1+2 I've seen in a lot of vids including Aris test vid.

Not sure, i think its b+1
Cosmic_Castaway
Dark Knight
PSN: Heavenstrider
#104 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by tmd02

That's 1+2. He's swinging with both his arms, while b+1 uses only his left arm (obv).
Signature Some days, some nights; some live, some die in the way of the samurai. Some fight, some bleed; sun up to sun down; the sons of a battle-cry.
tmd02
YYYEEESSSS!!!
#105 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Cosmic_Castaway
That's 1+2. He's swinging with both his arms, while b+1 uses only his left arm (obv).

Yeah sorry man I just realised, I got 1+2 mixed up with b+1 lulz

1+2~ tackle roll cancel...OMG TEH SEX!
Mr Adam0
Dirty Ninja Tricks
XBL: Mr Adam0
#106 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Cosmic_Castaway

Oh, sorry, didnt realise that it was 2 different moves, they look quite simillar. Was wondering why the white tracking line was coming out of his arm.
tyler2k
PSN: tyler2k1
#107 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey guys, having lunch and I'm having problems posting on my site so I'll be posting here.

1) This isn't the latest build
2) There was 4 drag players when I was playing earlier
3) Shout outs to the TZ drag I met whom I couldn't hear your name

d/b+3... d+4,1,3 combo doesn't seem do-able with forward buffering on 1p anymore
d/f+2 seems better but couldn't punish lars u/f+3
f+3~d/f CD cancel works, not sure about qcf cancel
CH u/f+1, b+1+2 b! works
Holding 5 for drag TA filler is 4,1
5~f,f,f+3 can be air jabbed out of
Max damage u/f,n,4 doesn't fully land (suprsingly)
(1),2 hit box increased big time
b+2,1 hit box feels different

Overall drag buffed big time
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Beginner Series: Throw System (Part 1, Part 2)
tyler2k
#108 “Quote” Edit Post
TTT2 is now closed for the day and it should be (hopefully) patched to the latest build by tomorrow.

Upside down W! (e.g. 1,2,1 near the wall, not touching) 3,1,2 still works
BT B! d/b+2,1,2 works, not sure if it's that way in BR
d+4,1 might be NC, a needed change
Netsu CH b+4,2,1 still does insane damage
I saw WS+2 hit BT and the follow ups seemed identical
1,2,1 to BT didn't W! Instead it flipped them over, I think it does BR, not sure
The new stage break mechanic f,f+3 works leaving them BT setting up running oki. I'm willing to be f+3~d/f options work too

I'll be doing more testing tomorrow but I have pools and such
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Kamileon88
Lone Wolf
#109 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey tyler2k, if you dont mind answering/checking

d+4,1 bing NC? this will make dragunov a much stronger character
(1),2 hit box increased o_0?! by how much? I do know doing f+1,2 doesn't track anymore
b+2,1 - yeah i think the hitbox changed too...
f+3~CD cancel to ws? also anymore moves that lead to CD? eg. f+2~CD etc.
4,3 damage increased right? the 3 sparks again
ub+2 better SS?
uf+4 doesn't track at all to one side right?
d+1+2~cancel roll - hows the roll? more evasive?
3+4 - any changes?
1+2 new homing move, how punishable on block? i dont think it's launch punishable though from what i tested...
3,1,2 - is the second hit still easy to duck? or it's more like Wang's b+2,1,1+2? also is the last hit still -12?
4,1 is the property back to TK6 or is it still BR...because in TK6 4,1 in combos off any axis guarantees 1,3,2...while in BR off axis to the left and BT doesn't connect...also how hard is it to pull off launch 4,1 4,3b! because in TK6 it was pretty easy while in BR it wiffs sometimes if your a bit slow...
Other than Bryan being his special tag throw partener, who else? Dragunov ff+1+2~5 Bryan is pretty cool

Combos to try:
Launch f+3~CD 4 (knee) 1,3,2b!
Launch f+3~CD 4 (knee) 4,3b!
Launch 4,1 1,3,2b! f+3~CD 2 or 4
Just wanted to know how f+3 will work in combos

Thanks tyler2k

Last edited by Kamileon88 on Jul 30th, 2011 at 11:13

tyler2k
#110 “Quote” Edit Post
Unfortuately the lines got really long as the day went on so I was only able to do "real" testing for the first two hours or so. Also I'm sure the lines will be just as long today, so most of my testing came through playing people. I will answer a few of your questions off memory.

(1),2 definitely has a larger vertical hit box as I was consistently catching people who were airborne.
f+3 CD cancels into standing, not WS. I tested a couple more moves looking for CD but couldn't find any.
4,1 seems to hit off-axis in combo again but doesn't appear to work BT as it pushes them far away.
Didn't know about 4,3 buff, I gotta remember to check it out.
3+4 doesn't appear to be changed but I'll admit I didn't use it much.
I'm pretty confident about d+4,1 being NC, as a result the last hit, 3, seems to be uninterruptable.
I doubt 3,1 being harder to interrupt, haven't tested it but it feels identical to BR's.
Kamileon88
Lone Wolf
#111 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by tyler2k
Unfortuately the lines got really long as the day went on so I was only able to do "real" testing for the first two hours or so. Also I'm sure the lines will be just as long today, so most of my testing came through playing people. I will answer a few of your questions off memory.

(1),2 definitely has a larger vertical hit box as I was consistently catching people who were airborne.
f+3 CD cancels into standing, not WS. I tested a couple more moves looking for CD but couldn't find any.
4,1 seems to hit off-axis in combo again but doesn't appear to work BT as it pushes them far away.
Didn't know about 4,3 buff, I gotta remember to check it out.
3+4 doesn't appear to be changed but I'll admit I didn't use it much.
I'm pretty confident about d+4,1 being NC, as a result the last hit, 3, seems to be uninterruptable.
I doubt 3,1 being harder to interrupt, haven't tested it but it feels identical to BR's.

Thanks for answering

d+4,1 being NC is going to make Dragunov a badass!!!
Dasher
War Lord
#112 “Quote” Edit Post
d+4,1 NC is really nice!
Signature Just like Nike says; just do it.

And that's what I did, I had sex with myself.
tyler2k
#113 “Quote” Edit Post
Ok, new patch was implemented today but supposedly today might be the last day of TTT2 pay. Hopefully that's not the case and testing will resume tomorrow.

Yesterday CH d/f+1,4, d+4,1,3 wasn't landing, come back today to see that it's now a KND/W! similar to b+4,3. I spoke to Aris briefly about this and we agreed this is pretty much the dumbest change so far.
CH (f+2),4 doesn't seem to W! anymore, instead it does a weird ass stun, it looks like you might be able to sneak in a b+1+2 though.
In order to land f+4,4,3 post qcf+2 requires a slight delay again, it didn't yesterday though I did have problems landing the 1,3,2 follow up but didn't today.
qcf+2 seems to consistently hit low stances now, stronger than BR's.
CH AT range of d/f+3 seems to be further but it might be because I'm using it more often and only noticing it now.
Was watching a Drag play against a Marduk and d/f+2 completely caught his SSR (Drag's left), unfortunately didn't get to test against Lars u/f+3 this build.

I'll make a detailed write up when I get back frow Vegas, hopefully testing can continue tomorrow.
Kamileon88
Lone Wolf
#114 “Quote” Edit Post
During our location test at Bangkok...Our d/f+1,4 knd like b+4,3 which sucks...Look at Jin's new df+1,4...it's NC and ours isn't? and it knd the same way...unfair! lol

Sounds good on df+3 and qcf+2
tyler2k
#115 “Quote” Edit Post
After I posted that I started to wonder if d/f+1,4 was NC, unfortunately I'm still unsure if there will be a third day of testing. Just saying, if d/f+1,4 is NC and Drag retains his current juice, we'll be looking at a top tier Dragunov again.
Kamileon88
Lone Wolf
#116 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by tyler2k
After I posted that I started to wonder if d/f+1,4 was NC, unfortunately I'm still unsure if there will be a third day of testing. Just saying, if d/f+1,4 is NC and Drag retains his current juice, we'll be looking at a top tier Dragunov again.

From what i check it wasn't NC... But he could use a NC df+1,4...it'll make him a top tier character indeed!
tmd02
YYYEEESSSS!!!
#117 “Quote” Edit Post
So f+3~d/f cancels into standing, can you do B! F+3~d/f cancel d+4,4 as an ender???? :p
tyler2k
#118 “Quote” Edit Post
Surprise! TTT2 was here today and was an even newer build than yesterday's.

So bad news first, it looks like d+4,1 has been reverted back to its old self (NAMCO IF YOU'RE READING THIS PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK, e.g. NC again).
As kam said, d/f+1,4 is not NC, which is a problem because d/f+1 still doesn't track, making the string now (IMO) pretty damn useless.
Was testing d/f+3 on my PSP and came to the conclussion that the CH AT range is the same.
@TMD it looks like the last hit of d+4,4 has been tinkered with, for instance launch b+1+2, B!, 3,1, 4,1, d+4,4 no longer works. So d+4,4 might require a substantial deep dash to land now, like 3,1,2.
I'll be writing more about it on my site when I get a real keyboard, but Drag is really good at keeping the opp in.

Other than that I saw no other major changes.
Kamileon88
Lone Wolf
#119 “Quote” Edit Post
d+4,1 not NC? awww well i guess it was too good to be true...

df+1,4 is pretty useless now...with the new and improved ss and sw. df+1 will be pretty useless too...but at least we have the new b+1,2 I would rather have df+1,4 NC that has horrible tracking than d+4,1 NC :\ it makes more sense...d+4,1 NC is a bit cheap...it's like saying the William sisters d+4,1 is NC o_0?!
tyler2k
#120 “Quote” Edit Post
IMO d+4,1 should be NC because d+4,1 is launch punishable, even on hit. So you have a pseudo safe, CH confirmable string. Remember just because something is never punished doesn't mean it's safe. Drag's d+4,1 and Nina's cover very different uses, W! vs carry respectively. With d+4,1 being NC, it makes it truly safe when hit confirmed.