Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
JIHAD_aka_HYDE
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: Hydefog9
XBL: Hydefog9
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Steve? I am having a hard time vs steve players and I was hoping somebody could give me some pointers (smp?) on how to handle this matchup.

this thread is also for any other matchups vs (insert character)

so far, what i have been using is lots of:
d+4
d/f+4
throws

its somewhat works but the whole match im basically chipping away lil by lil, but one mistake on my part its hard to get the "momentum" back once a steve player knocks roger down.

my only anti-sidestepping moves are
1+2 (when in close)
throws

Need help!!!
Signature "Thanks alot ma, but I'm feeling myself..."
Asuka_cherrie
lars:u whiff i laugh
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
I usually turtle real hard against a steve.
Because i know steves does not really have a good low that causes kd.
The only one is db32. Which is super near ranged. So you can actually somehow anticipate when your enemy is going to do that.
And another thing is. Find the right time to attack.
Go for f1212 at times. When he is at wall. Be very aggressvie.
When he is doing stuff like df2 dck, df1 dck. You may want to random hopkick him.lol. Works most of the time. Even leemario do this.
And finally, the two moves you should really look out for is dck2 and ff*2.
So do not backdash unnecessarily. And do not do random ff2 and df4.
Thats pretty much what i learn from playing a good steve player.
And even though i am saying all these. I am still making all the same mistakes lol.

Okay. Now i need help against feng.
Signature =DiSc= AC
SuperNegro
Roger of the Midwest
PSN: sDotkneegroW
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Aww.. this thread reminds me that I need to do a DR punishment guide.

Jihad sorry I can't answer that question right now, but Frame Data will help to punish certain shit. I'am pretty sure that you sidestep left against Steve. His ws1,2 the last hit tracks like a faggot though.
Signature

[Team New School]
queencees
Destroyer
PSN: QueenCees
XBL: WantSumGetSum
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SuperNegro
Aww.. this thread reminds me that I need to do a DR punishment guide.

Jihad sorry I can't answer that question right now, but Frame Data will help to punish certain shit. I'am pretty sure that you sidestep left against Steve. His ws1,2 the last hit tracks like a faggot though.

<---- fog9 posting

yeah i noticed after i been sidestepping left i was able to get outta most of steves rushdowns....

i think that feng is alot similar in that most his low knowdowns/setups are extremely close range. be on the lookout for ff+2 (i been able to hopkick attempted ff+2.)

what sucks thou is that his ss+4 is faster than rogers. and when you both are at backturn his sweep beats out the shrimpkick. (very frustrating)

when i am in close i sidestep 3~4 or 3+4. using sidestep 4 only when i think i can bait a whiff. turtle feng is realy a tough match versus a roger.

thats where b+4 comes to mind... roger has a hard time punishing a whiffed fishhook but if you can get your opponent to purposely whiff with a dash cancel ff+4 thou risky has better reach.

but for the most part i try playing safe. using ws3+3 delayed alot to keep them at a good distance. instead of 12 in close i use 121 to discourage sidestep happy feng players.

hey supernegro that punishment guide would be the bizness
Signature Can't think of anything clever to put here....GET OFF MY DAMN BACK ABOUT IT!
Eddidas
Legend
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Just posting up to see what you guys plan when you fight against a solid Christie or Eddy.

Gawd it seems like everything coming from these two are faster and go under everything in rlx. Only thing i see useful is d+4, backdash into ff+2, and side stepping into a whiff for d/b+3 or u/f+4.
Signature Roger Jr. needs electric AGF
Rog
MashedPotatoes.
Celestial Being #1
PSN: SMashedPotatoes
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Eddidas
Just posting up to see what you guys plan when you fight against a solid Christie or Eddy.

Gawd it seems like everything coming from these two are faster and go under everything in rlx. Only thing i see useful is d+4, backdash into ff+2, and side stepping into a whiff for d/b+3 or u/f+4.
Offense.. Eddie and Christie are some of the very few characters that I would totally try to rush down with Roger Jr. But that's just me... being able to read the other player plays a big part in it too...
Signature Tekken 5 DR Combo Exhibition
Celestial Beings*
Team CB* Est. Dec 2007
Recruiting in 2008...
Asuka_cherrie
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by queencees
<---- fog9 posting

yeah i noticed after i been sidestepping left i was able to get outta most of steves rushdowns....

i think that feng is alot similar in that most his low knowdowns/setups are extremely close range. be on the lookout for ff+2 (i been able to hopkick attempted ff+2.)

what sucks thou is that his ss+4 is faster than rogers. and when you both are at backturn his sweep beats out the shrimpkick. (very frustrating)

when i am in close i sidestep 3~4 or 3+4. using sidestep 4 only when i think i can bait a whiff. turtle feng is realy a tough match versus a roger.

thats where b+4 comes to mind... roger has a hard time punishing a whiffed fishhook but if you can get your opponent to purposely whiff with a dash cancel ff+4 thou risky has better reach.

but for the most part i try playing safe. using ws3+3 delayed alot to keep them at a good distance. instead of 12 in close i use 121 to discourage sidestep happy feng players.

hey supernegro that punishment guide would be the bizness

I am still having hard time fighting feng.

b4 and ss1+2 is so gay.

And how do you punish a whiff b4 ? ff2?
Signature =DiSc= AC
Eddidas
Legend
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Asuka_cherrie
I am still having hard time fighting feng.

b4 and ss1+2 is so gay.

And how do you punish a whiff b4 ? ff2?

I honestly dont know what move b+4 is (never played feng) but wavedash into ff+2 punishes alot of whiffed things if your are a little too far away.
Rog
Asuka_cherrie
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Eddidas
I honestly dont know what move b+4 is (never played feng) but wavedash into ff+2 punishes alot of whiffed things if your are a little too far away.

Timing to do so i like so damm steep.

Its very possible to punish a whiff b4 if i just do random ff2.
But its like really hard to react and then punish a whiff b4.
Signature =DiSc= AC
MashedPotatoes.
Celestial Being #1
PSN: SMashedPotatoes
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
my roommate is an awesome feng player.. so i have lots of experience against him... whiffing a b+4 doesnt leave roger jr. with much of anything except maybe d+4 or d/f+4.. but if you anticipate the b+4 you can punish the whiff with ff+2
Signature Tekken 5 DR Combo Exhibition
Celestial Beings*
Team CB* Est. Dec 2007
Recruiting in 2008...
Asuka_cherrie
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Okay, i need help against turtling steves that spams ssr dck like all the time.
I cant possibly dash in and attack, I whiff like every single thing when he does that.
And hes like block ss4 on reaction 95% of the time.
Signature =DiSc= AC
Eddidas
Legend
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
If you get used to his ssr patterns run up into his face and d/b+3 during the side step. I played against a few people who ssr then 4 (steves sway or whatever) and it usually hits for me.
Rog
twelveAM
Virtuoso
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
uhh what can I use to punish -12's? I haven't really read much about frames and I'm posting this at work. don't have much time. thanks!
hanma
7th Dan
PSN: Hanma00
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
im having alot of trouble with marduck. do i have to stay aggressive in order to beat him and continue to break tackles?
kimimaro
6th Dan
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
People, I'm really having a hard time fighting both button smashing and good christie/eddie or even semi smash + skillful ones. All i rely is stomp, 3~4 or DF+1, DF+1+2 them when they are near... I hate esp when they are on the floor...
near
4th Dan
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
and

eddy?
i use f 4,3,2 in negativa or rlx!!!