Page Splits 1...<789
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
St. George
Lee of Campbelltown
#161 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by BlackPriest
I have a few questions and I was wondering if anybody could help me with them.

1. What?s the staple combo for off axis off a hopkick? Is there any combo that works up to a full SS to both sides?
2. What is the best follow-up for u/f+1 or u/f+1~f on hit? d+3 stomp and SAV 2?
3. What is the best follow-up for b+3 and b+3~f on CH? d+4,1+2~f and SAV d/f+2?
4. How does the SAV oki after the d+4,1+2~f juggle ender exactly work? SAV d/f+2 hits lie there but it can be quickstanded and blocked, right? What do you use for a quickstand, side and backrolls (should they ever do that)?
5. Is 4 his best punisher for a blocked FUFT wake-up 4? 1,2, 2,1 and b+1+2 all whiff I saw?
6. Did Namco forget to give Miguel SS and f,f moves (aside from f,f+2 stuff)? More of a rhetorical question here but brings me directly to:
7. What moves do you guys use for getting in on opponents or at range 3 and above? I mean iWR+3 is great as well as b+4 as far as I can tell until now, but other than that?
8. Will my chest hair grow if I play the manly Miguel for a longer period of time?

I just started learning Miguel, so sorry for the noobish questions. Also I didn?t find a Q&A thread, so I hope it?s ok that I put this here?

My Miguel knowledge is probably on par with yours, but I will see how I go.

1: After SS u/f+4 I tend to just bang on the buttons, break into tears and curse the heavens.
2: The best follow up is 1+4. However in terms of damage, yes those two you listed.
3: I literally do not know what that move is
4: The risk/reward on the oki there is actually about even. Try SAV d/b+3 into another mixup (SAV d/f+1_d+4,3) until they begin ducking. SAV 2 for a safer option if you suspect they will quickstand blocking low or backroll.
5: Yep. Well, use your judgement to see if you can get 2,1 based on range.
6: SS moves are entirely DIY.
7: ff+2 CH confirm 1. If they begin punishing ff+2 then throw a few straight ff+2,1 out there.
8: Results should be found overnight. Excessive 1+4 speeds up the process. Sacrificing damage for 1+4 is even more effective. For example, my favourite Miguel combo:
u/f+4, u/f+4, d+4,1+2, 1+4.
Signature Flushking.
BlackPriest
Expulsion of Fury
PSN: BlackPriest_ITA
#162 “Quote” Edit Post
Allright, thanks man.

So f,f+2 guaranteeds a delayed 1 on CH? That's good to know.

And I will keep the 1+4 advice in mind too, har har.
sandilord
Sambo & Senile
PSN: Sandilord
#163 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by St. George
4: The risk/reward on the oki there is actually about even. Try SAV d/b+3 into another mixup (SAV d/f+1_d+4,3) until they begin ducking. SAV 2 for a safer option if you suspect they will quickstand blocking low or backroll.
According to atp framedata SAV2 is -12.
With your playstyle you gotta be manly as fuck!
Signature
tekkenfury23
7th Dan
#164 “Quote” Edit Post
thats why you play miguel cause he just that, manly as fuck lol an if you go hard on pokes you can easly work sav df2 in to your mix up i ushly use it in back dash most of the time to get them when wiffing but from what ive seen must don't go in to sav with just 3,4 they use a move to go in to it's just matter of counfert with miguel mind you its only in back dash that i would go into it that way.
lilleboff
the daoug
PSN: lilleboff
#165 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by BlackPriest
I have a few questions and I was wondering if anybody could help me with them.

1. What?s the staple combo for off axis off a hopkick? Is there any combo that works up to a full SS to both sides?
2. What is the best follow-up for u/f+1 or u/f+1~f on hit? d+3 stomp and SAV 2?
3. What is the best follow-up for b+3 and b+3~f on CH? d+4,1+2~f and SAV d/f+2?
4. How does the SAV oki after the d+4,1+2~f juggle ender exactly work? SAV d/f+2 hits lie there but it can be quickstanded and blocked, right? What do you use for a quickstand, side and backrolls (should they ever do that)?
5. Is 4 his best punisher for a blocked FUFT wake-up 4? 1,2, 2,1 and b+1+2 all whiff I saw?
6. Did Namco forget to give Miguel SS and f,f moves (aside from f,f+2 stuff)? More of a rhetorical question here but brings me directly to:
7. What moves do you guys use for getting in on opponents or at range 3 and above? I mean iWR+3 is great as well as b+4 as far as I can tell until now, but other than that?
8. Will my chest hair grow if I play the manly Miguel for a longer period of time?

I just started learning Miguel, so sorry for the noobish questions. Also I didn?t find a Q&A thread, so I hope it?s ok that I put this here?

You know I'm a complete scrub with Miguel, but here's something:

1) u/f+4, d/f+1, d/f+4,1, d/f+2,2 B! works on all angles and BT. Often the d/f+2,2 will flip them around and you can do d/f+4,1,1 (62 dmg) or d/f+1, f,f+2,1 (64dmg), if not you got f,f+2,1 for 59 dmg. Rain also uses this one. The best thing about it is that you don't have to think, because you just do d/f+1 like the normal staple to begin with.. And I like not thinking too much.

2) u/f+1 gives d+1+2 for 58 dmg, so a lot more than d+3. Obviously 1+4 is the best followup, but it's generally the best followup regardless of your previous move.

3) I'm sure you know this, but after both d/b+1, ws+4 and after CH b+3 you can do d/b+3,4 if a wall is close and get a wallsplat. Other than that I think the ones you mentioned are best.

4) 5) dunno

6) 7) f+4 is amazing.

8) St. George knows his stuff.

Last edited by lilleboff on Jun 8th, 2011 at 10:44

Signature It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as me
BlackPriest
Expulsion of Fury
PSN: BlackPriest_ITA
#166 “Quote” Edit Post
^ Great info there, thanks mate.

And this:

Originally posted by lilleboff
Obviously 1+4 is the best followup, but it's generally the best followup regardless of your previous move.

Angelo1
Iron Fist God
PSN: Desolution_X
#167 “Quote” Edit Post
SAV 2 for oki after d4,1+2~f, others are db3, 1+2* and not going into sav for a df3,2 or df1 pick-up.

Haven't played miguel in a long time sorry.

Edit : spam df1, f4 and f3,4(HC).
Signature The Lazy Generation~
Dragon_Boy
6th Dan
#168 “Quote” Edit Post
What is the best combo after ch 4 on Kuma. d+4, 1+2 seem to whfif every time.

What is the best wall combo on Kuma/Big characters? I can't seem to find one that's more dmg than the staple.

How do you consistently df+1, df+1~f~uf+3 after a wall bound juggle. Is there a trick to it? Sometimes the sav uf+3 tend to whiff even when I'm not off axis.
Signature See Kun Bah?

Hell yea Ling!!