Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Cosmic_Castaway
Dark Knight
PSN: Heavenstrider
#441 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by lambech
I believe I have almost 70% of the cast against Dragunov. I will go through and check again.

What characters vs. Drag do you have?
Signature Some days, some nights; some live, some die in the way of the samurai. Some fight, some bleed; sun up to sun down; the sons of a battle-cry.
lambech
Lone Wolf
PSN: xXLAMBECHXx
#442 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Cosmic_Castaway
What characters vs. Drag do you have?

Sorry about the delay in response Castaway. Don't have specifics yet but can get them. And then post up here. Is that cool?
Signature Fuck...
Cosmic_Castaway
Dark Knight
#443 “Quote” Edit Post
Sorry about the delay in response Castaway. Don't have specifics yet but can get them. And then post up here. Is that cool?

Yeah, that's fine. Then tyler could probably put those vids in the OP as examples of, "Hey, this is one or two ways on how to handle character X".
Signature Some days, some nights; some live, some die in the way of the samurai. Some fight, some bleed; sun up to sun down; the sons of a battle-cry.
lambech
Lone Wolf
#444 “Quote” Edit Post
I was thinking of that too. Glad I am not the only dork in here.
Signature Fuck...
tyler2k
PSN: tyler2k1
#445 “Quote” Edit Post
I'll gladly post any videos up on the first page, just holler
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Beginner Series: Throw System (Part 1, Part 2)
Cosmic_Castaway
Dark Knight
#446 “Quote” Edit Post
Word, man.

Btw guys, looks like we've got a lurker:

All of this stuff is ripped right from the board posts/videos, and re-recorded. Some of the crossup stuff was cool though.
tyler2k
#447 “Quote” Edit Post
Ha ha, I'm 50/50 on this, on one hand I recognize all of those and where they're from so it makes me a little sad, but on the other hand I'm all about information being public domain and all. With that being said I'm happy someone has taken the time to rerecord a good amount of Dragunov's known setups so newer players won't have to dig through all the information that's currently available.

I should note though that catching the opponent BT with d/b+1 (or crossover d+1) does not guarantee a WS+2, only WS+1+2. Also that SS+2 is terrible and shouldn't be used as oki.
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Cosmic_Castaway
Dark Knight
#448 “Quote” Edit Post
Agreed man, but at the very least, he should've credited the people that originally posted/recorded those setups. And yes, SS+2 is terrible, unless, as you say in the article, you use it as a, "Oh hey, they didn't d/f+3 me this time" type of setup.

And what's the word on the final part of the Practical?
tyler2k
#449 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm still a little short on footage, right now if I was to record everything and do the titles and whatnot it would come to about 1 min. My goal per practical has been 1:30+, so I need about two more solid clips before I post it. I could use some of my older footage as filler but I'd prefer not to.
Cosmic_Castaway
Dark Knight
#450 “Quote” Edit Post
What are you looking for, exactly? You can PM me the details (or post them here, which would make more sense) and I'll see if I have a match of my own that I can donate.
lambech
Lone Wolf
#451 “Quote” Edit Post
Great Nobi play against Miguel and Steve who I believe to be some of Dragunov's worst matchups. Also, Dragunov as Tekken God 0.0!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkiCMTqyaOQ
Signature Fuck...
LAWZ-Mike
Fujin
PSN: LAWZ-Mike
#452 “Quote” Edit Post
why do you think Steve is a bad match up for drag?
lambech
Lone Wolf
#453 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by LAWZ-Mike
why do you think Steve is a bad match up for drag?

I have been busy as of late but I will respond to you about this match up. I believe its more me and and my play instead of an on paper match up. But I will take closer look and get back to you. Do you think this forum is appropriate or should it be in anti strat forum?
Signature Fuck...
LAWZ-Mike
Fujin
PSN: LAWZ-Mike
#454 “Quote” Edit Post
I have been busy as of late but I will respond to you about this match up. I believe its more me and and my play instead of an on paper match up. But I will take closer look and get back to you. Do you think this forum is appropriate or should it be in anti strat forum?

I don't care, I just post. I was just interested.
Flunders
Kyu
#455 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by tyler2k
Ha ha, I'm 50/50 on this, on one hand I recognize all of those and where they're from so it makes me a little sad, but on the other hand I'm all about information being public domain and all. With that being said I'm happy someone has taken the time to rerecord a good amount of Dragunov's known setups so newer players won't have to dig through all the information that's currently available.

I should note though that catching the opponent BT with d/b+1 (or crossover d+1) does not guarantee a WS+2, only WS+1+2. Also that SS+2 is terrible and shouldn't be used as oki.

Originally posted by Cosmic_Castaway
Agreed man, but at the very least, he should've credited the people that originally posted/recorded those setups. And yes, SS+2 is terrible, unless, as you say in the article, you use it as a, "Oh hey, they didn't d/f+3 me this time" type of setup.

And what's the word on the final part of the Practical?

The truth is I made this video to show of some of the most common stuff Drag players use to a friend, since it would be a pain showing a lot of threads as his English is not that good, or to link like 40 videos and point out stuff to him since we live like 500km away from eachother.

Yes most of the stuff is posted on the forum and in some vids like Tyler ones, at first i intended just to show it to my friend, but since it was recorded anyway I was like ?will keep the vid up there because maybe it can help some other new players around?.

My intention was never to say the setups where mine or steal other peoples credit, but i too think that the info is up online and the forum is open to anyone, so its just like i put then togheter for convenience lol, and as some of you would agree a lot of it you cant even say who came up with first anyway.

Just want to say that yes, I read this forums a lot and got nothing but respect for the stuff you guys do in here, sry if a disrespected or made someone sad about the video and i can delete it if any of you want, just let me know, the idea was just to help a friend and maybe some new drag players around without making then read 200 pages of content, at least not right away hehe.

Sry for my bad English and keep up the great work
tyler2k
#456 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Flunders

A NEW CHALLENGER APPEARS

No worries, please don't feel inclined to pull down the video, I was just surprised at the time. To be honest I actually forgot all about that, but it's nice to know whoever made the video is actually on TZ.
Cosmic_Castaway
Dark Knight
#457 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by tyler2k
No worries, please don't feel inclined to pull down the video, I was just surprised at the time. To be honest I actually forgot all about that, but it's nice to know whoever made the video is actually on TZ.

Basically this, man.
lambech
Lone Wolf
#458 “Quote” Edit Post
I am just really impressed that Flunders had the courage to take responsibility for the video and present to all of us. In all honesty, I have the thought of taking the manifesto and putting it to youtube footage but Flunders did a good job. Good on you for taking the initiative.
Signature Fuck...
jmoid
1st Dan
PSN: jmoid
#459 “Quote” Edit Post
Another Nobi match from Godsgarden 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG0Eya8KxxY
tyler2k
#460 “Quote” Edit Post
Bummer, he lost all his momentum because he didn't take the guaranteed BnB @ 2:26

I guess it shook him up more than I thought