< >
Fighting Game Panel
The Game
EMP The Game
PSN: DsSGame
XBL: TheSynGame
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by RECESSIONTYME
It doesn't make sense to get a cabinet outside Japan/Korea. After the first 2 months of playing tekken tag is going to die anyway, don't see the point of getting the cabinet when it will be a struggle to get that money back. It's also a recession, people have less disposable income to go to arcades or strip clubs for that matter.

When Henry bought two cabinets for SF4 priced at a dollar per game, they made back the money + extra in a month.

And from what Real Law said, I could've sworn they made back the money in 2 months. People were still going.

Money isn't the issue believe it or not. It's the landlord being a pain in the ass...
Signature <pukey>: ddp had a better flair
Champion Law of America
Team USA
Top Tier DJ strat:
I'm new to the game but i find that the best way to win is to use f+3 then keep on using 3+4, f+1+2 until there dead.
Robo-mitsu
Champion
PSN: DemonKingLaharl
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Living in an arcade bereft country I can't claim to feel your grief America, but I mourn the death of this cool subculture nonetheless. :sad:
Signature Shiki Soku Ze Kuu... *BZZT*

Angelo1 on Malekith: "Yeah it would be very cool to see an Asuka player win a tournament if he didn't win almost every tournament he participated in."
RECESSIONTYME
Legend
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by The Game
When Henry bought two cabinets for SF4 priced at a dollar per game, they made back the money + extra in a month.

And from what Real Law said, I could've sworn they made back the money in 2 months. People were still going.

Money isn't the issue believe it or not. It's the landlord being a pain in the ass...

comparing SF4 to Tekken?

really now?
The-CHALLENGER
SEKAI SENSHI
PSN: The__Challenger
XBL: CHALLENGER 1980
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by RECESSIONTYME
comparing SF4 to Tekken?

really now?

Why not? Do you know how much these games run? SF4 is a hella lot more than T6BR ever was new or used. By a Few Thousands. Today USED....SF4 till, it's around close to 5 Grand for the set up with NO cabinet! So if he was able to make his money back that quick, than WOW! They must be in good business.
Signature "What strength!! But don't forget... There are many guys like you all over the world." -SF1
atdsutm
Sage
PSN: YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
XBL: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
theres a new rumor that CTF is being relocated
The-CHALLENGER
SEKAI SENSHI
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by WCMaxi
Not true...

Really? My mistake then, because on
gfront.com has a 2 set for ストリートファイター4
2枚セット価格 450.000円(税込み 225.000円 maybe for one it seems, if you can by only one. What does their version of a set consist of?

Even if you only grabbed one, it would still be more expensive than T6
鉄拳6BR(PCB)180,000円 making a 2 set 360.000円 no?

Unless there is something that I am missing. Really wish the T5s and the 256 system would drop. He had tons of them piled up high when I was in there 6 months ago.

/back on topic

Billy Mitchell just opened up a vintage arcade in some airport. (forgot what airport) How long do you think that will last if there are talks/rumors of big arcades closing down?
Signature "What strength!! But don't forget... There are many guys like you all over the world." -SF1
The-CHALLENGER
SEKAI SENSHI
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by WCMaxi
Chal:
Well, you'll have to link to that. I glanced at Gfront and only saw SF4 listed as a ROM for 18,000yen. T6 as a PCB is listed at 180,000yen. Yes, that's 10x; but there's a huge difference between ROM and PCB.

Coin-op express lists a T6 BR for $8500 for 1 cabinet and SF4 for $16,000 for twins (basically, the same).

If you get out to Akiba for arcade board shopping, but never join us in the actual arcades... Son... I am disappoint.

Yeah they get real weird about how they sell things. But then again it's a basic parts store if you will. Another thing I like that is almost impossible anywhere else is the fact that every game you buy makes you feel like you are buying them right from the factors BRAND NEW! Every game I bought came with all the stickers, manuals and etc. Anywhere else, I am lucky if I can find a clean board that works, and isn't a bootlleg and/or overpriced. There is 3 of them in Aki and I never could find the 3rd one. (TRY) I checked online last night and seen some price drops and it appears that T5DR is coming down in price. Hopefully when I have the money and the want to spare. I will get one and continue on with my collection.

NOT being in Japan right now really sucks. I miss my inlaws and wife, and I also missed a great chance to play TAG2. Now I know what folks here felt like when I was sucking up all the new feel of the T6 machines while everyone waited on Youtube. I do go online though. I hope you guys are able to get a chance to find a test location. Yokohama's CARROT isn't testing? They did with T6 and T6BR.
Ultimat
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: FireKungFuHero
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
I think the only way to get people to playing arcades, but also to have access to highly advanced motion control games without forking a crap load of money on guitars or fitness boards with a game is to have big name companies like Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, or Game Stop themselves to create thier own arcade business scene.

I can imagine Nintendo being the first to get in on it, because one they r more about mutual gaming community than anyone else, secondly in order to differentiate thier offerings between console competitors, instead of all three systems that have everything, (console exclusive games like business structure is now the thing of the past) and top of all Nintendo always expressed thier vision to fresh new approach and experience to games. I bet thier next step up from thier WiiMote/Nunchuck is like a controller that has a characteristics of a Motion Capturing Suit
Signature [Lei2]Drunken Kung Fu and Chinese Kung Fu Rules!!!Right Guys?

YEAH!!!
The Game
EMP The Game
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by atdsutm
theres a new rumor that CTF is being relocated

It probably is. IDK if anyone here watched the team sp00ky stream, it was the last stream for CF.

Henry did say he's gonna try to keep the scene alive by finding a great spot....which will likely be in Brooklyn....dunno if the name is gonna be the same, but any place is good so long as we can a definite spot for TTT2...
Champion Law of America
Team USA
Top Tier DJ strat:
I'm new to the game but i find that the best way to win is to use f+3 then keep on using 3+4, f+1+2 until there dead.
ShinBlanka
Legend
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
Truely sad times. I always wanted to vist CTF. I got to play at southern hills golfland in cali back in the early 2000's before they closed down. That and the Family Fun arcade in cali were my best visit's to an arcade besides the old school atl arcades back in the 90's.

Last edited by ShinBlanka on Feb 23rd, 2011 at 12:02

Signature www.finalround.org for online registery and FR13 DVD
http://twitter.com/atlfinalround
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Final-Round/134416538137/
XelNaga
Top Tier Podcaster
PSN: XelNaga
XBL: ChippXelNaga
rose0571
3rd Dan
PSN: Ask me
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
I was so sad to see Arcade Infinity being let go. That is my 4th arcade I still have 2 more and by the gods they better leave them alone. Now it is very sad to say that this generation won't experience the great rush you get when you play against someone side by side. Go ahead say it. Yes I am a geek. But for a girl who wasn't allowed to have her own system I denied to sit at home and do nothing so I walked to the arcade every time I got the chance and still go to one this day. When I heard it was shutting down we got all our friends, 15 of us, went there. It isn't that they couldn't obtain their business license it is Los Angeles County who denied to let them get one. So thank our lovely government for that one folks. The Outlet they were in wanted to actually pay for them and other business owners were not pleased when the County turned the owners down. They fought about 3 times from what I heard and this time they said if they were to fight again they would have to still close up and wait another full year before being told no for a license. Now like all Arcade goers we questioned why the County would deny such things if the place was making money. A representative stated this reasoning:

"It is not something that the public is into and since it doesn't peak such high revenue nor interest we decided it would be best to shut it down."

Sad but true. We all know the "convenience" of playing on our PS3's and 360's but for old timers like us who enjoyed such great times. This has become such a real downer. So if you still have arcades around you in the States, Please cherish them for as long as they can stay around. They need all the support they can get.
Signature Dream it and make the impossible very possible!
Fist_of_Fury
6th Dan
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
Brooklyn....that's a long way from Jersey....whats the point anyway?.....tekken tag 2 will just die after few months of console release......same shit as tekken 6....then I'll be forced in retirement again.....No point to release the arcade here......just take the time to polish the net codes properly so that ppl can sit and learn the game, without worrying inconsistent frames data. Course I don't see that shit happening......it's just going to end up like T6....online garage experience (Pfff Namco).
The Game
EMP The Game
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
An update on this, CF is reopening however we don't know the status of all of the fighters but it looks like Henry is keeping his arcade open.

It's in Brooklyn called Next Level and he pretty much owns all the new games since he donated it to CF. SSF4: AE, Tekken 6, and MvC3.

Too bad the location is so out of the way, but NYC still has a scene at least....I'll take pics and upload it this Friday...
Champion Law of America
Team USA
Top Tier DJ strat:
trm89jkd
Shihan
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
I don't live anywhere near those arcades, but I've long accepted that the arcade scene was dying in America. I saw this coming way back in 1999.

I've been going to arcades ever since I was 3 years old. I always went there to play Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat. I always had to ask for a stool so I could reach the buttons, lol. I remember when Mortal Kombat 3 came out there was literally a line starting from the arcade machine, heading out the door of the mall. Those sure were the days.

Like others have said, I think the rise in power of consoles contributed to the death of arcades. When you went to the arcade back in the 90's, the game was so much better. The SNES/Genesis ports were so ridiculously inferior, that playing on a cabinet was like a dream come true. But this still doesn't explain why countries outside of America have a thriving arcade community.

Anyways, I'm off-topic. Let's hope more arcades aren't getting shut down.