Page Splits 1...<3637383940>...50
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
misterpoon
Expert
PSN: mako oda
#741 “Quote” Edit Post
what about the rest of the list and what's the source of your info?
Signature "Early British pop was helped tremendously by the writing of Bob Dylan who had proved you could write about political and quite controversial subjects. Certainly what we did followed on from what was happening with the angry young men in the theatre."

- Pete Townshend
No_one
Shihan
PSN: TetsuyaAOD
#742 “Quote” Edit Post
TOP five in order

1. Bryan
2. Bruce
3. Bob
4. Law
5. Lars

Sometimes I think Lars is higher then I think most of his lows on hit leave him at -3 to 0 on block BESIDES d/b+4 which is +5.

But its not even worth it d/b+4 does 21 damage and only track one way. Also if anyone blocks his lows he loses almost half life LOL. Besides d+4. o and D/b+1

I put Bob before Law only because I feel as though Bob has safer mix up and oki options. Though Law punishing is better in ground game.

Bruce well I would say he number 1 but with his tracking so weak to his Left people like Alisa and Lili rapes him. Also to use Bruce even though he takes little work he is pretty punishable. Then on top of that he does really good damage and his oki is good.

I say Bryan is the best because pretty good mix up that is pretty safe decent crush 2 punch parries. Unblockable Setups and best wall game in the cast. Bryan has the tools to beat all chars besides Ling LOL.

Also I believe Alisa is ANTI TOP TIER. She does good against them all.

Steve to ME isn't top 5 because you have to force your opponent into making mistake to win really. His tracking and damage is great as well as his wall game. His punishing is bad and on top of that Lars and the rest of the cast don't have to rely on CH to win.
Dasher
War Lord
#743 “Quote” Edit Post
Lars also have FC d/f+1+2. Although slow, it's -12 with +1 on hit.

IMO he doesn't need lows that much, tracking is great, good punishers, good keep-out, great damage, easy combos, etc. Read the 1st post in this thread and you'll know what I'm referring to.
Signature Just like Nike says; just do it.

And that's what I did, I had sex with myself.
Minty_Pears
Tekken Lord Black
XBL: MntT77
#744 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by No_one Also I believe Alisa is ANTI TOP TIER. She does good against them all.

If that's true (which IMO is questionable, but regardless...), surely by that virtue she should be somewhere in the top 5?

Steve to ME isn't top 5 because you have to force your opponent into making mistake to win really. His tracking and damage is great as well as his wall game. His punishing is bad and on top of that Lars and the rest of the cast don't have to rely on CH to win.

Steve relies on highs... more so than other characters. Characters with good crush games can cause him some problems. He relies on being in your face most of the time...

I still believe Nina is potentially top 5, and if not deffo #6. She's above-average in pretty much all categories really: pokes, mix-ups, evasion, juggles, walls, tracking etc. The only real weaknesses I can think of are that she doesn't have a launching hopkick (tbf, she has uf+1, but that's a bit slow...), and some problems with WS punishment (WS+4 is comparatively weak, WS+2 has almost no range so doesn't launch punish many well-spaced moves), though WS+1,1+2 balances them out somewhat...
Signature "The angels cry each time you say goodbye"

No_one
Shihan
#745 “Quote” Edit Post
@Dasher
That is true he doesnt needs to rely on lows but he still take more risk then the other top 4 that i mention.

@Minty Pears
The reason why i say Alisa is anti top is because her movement is the best and on top of that she stop all rush down. I say Alisa is top 8 but not 5 is because she cant rush her oki is pretty bad. If someone turles and have the life lead its pretty hard for her to come back. Thats why I think Kuma is one of her worse match ups.

Kuma has great punishing he has a punish from 10-19 frames all with good range. Then on top of that Kuma has f+1 which has one of the best 1 reaches in the game. So once Kuma gets the life lead he wins.

If Kuma doesnt get the life lead he pretty much loses same for Alisa.
miketl8
Berserker
#746 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by No_one
TOP five in order

1. Bryan
2. Bruce
3. Bob
4. Law
5. Lars

Sometimes I think Lars is higher then I think most of his lows on hit leave him at -3 to 0 on block BESIDES d/b+4 which is +5.

But its not even worth it d/b+4 does 21 damage and only track one way. Also if anyone blocks his lows he loses almost half life LOL. Besides d+4. o and D/b+1

I put Bob before Law only because I feel as though Bob has safer mix up and oki options. Though Law punishing is better in ground game.

Bruce well I would say he number 1 but with his tracking so weak to his Left people like Alisa and Lili rapes him. Also to use Bruce even though he takes little work he is pretty punishable. Then on top of that he does really good damage and his oki is good.

I say Bryan is the best because pretty good mix up that is pretty safe decent crush 2 punch parries. Unblockable Setups and best wall game in the cast. Bryan has the tools to beat all chars besides Ling LOL.

Also I believe Alisa is ANTI TOP TIER. She does good against them all.

law has the safest poke game in the game period and i believe hes the best character in the game by a long shot.
The Game
EMP The Game
PSN: DsSGame
XBL: TheSynGame
#747 “Quote” Edit Post
I have mixed feelings when it comes to punishment between Bob/Law. Law has good punishers but its also limited to range meanwhile bob has very good range on his punishers but they are slower than laws.
Signature <pukey>: ddp had a better flair
Champion Law of America
Team USA
Top Tier DJ strat:
I'm new to the game but i find that the best way to win is to use f+3 then keep on using 3+4, f+1+2 until there dead.
maibatsuthunder
3rd Dan
#748 “Quote” Edit Post
meh
Signature Hear that? Didn't think so...
Furholden
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: Furholden
XBL: Lorch
#749 “Quote” Edit Post
Heihachi is top tier because he appears in my Aion.

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv309/xfur24/Aion0058.jpg
Signature There are no such things as the best characters, but only the best players.
최고의 캐릭터 같은 것들,하지만 최고의 선수가 없습니다.
No_one
Shihan
#750 “Quote” Edit Post
@ The Game
I 4got bout that! Law punishers dont have that much range lol. Hmm i still dont know who is better out of Law or Bob. Law seem safer in the right hands.
BlackPriest
Expulsion of Fury
PSN: BlackPriest_ITA
#751 “Quote” Edit Post
Between Law and Bob I really don't know who should be considered higher in the tier list.

They're both very strong in the right hands IMO. Law might have a slight edge in punishment, but then again Bob's damage output is insane and some of his tools seem just downright braindead to me.

Not considering Malgu Koreans would prolly say Bob is stronger overall, but seing how well US Laws (JFJ and RIP) have done at recent tourneys I really don't know.

Oh, and this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezkk8LJAE4g

.Dopple.
Legend
PSN: Is for RPGs
XBL: vV kRUNch Vv
#752 “Quote” Edit Post
I dont think Law gets enough credit w/ his backdash & movement...
Same for Mig and others =/
Signature
Yea... I kinda like stances
Subs: The Character Select Screen
Spike those F***s and dooo tha Oki Dokie
No_one
Shihan
#753 “Quote” Edit Post
@Black Priest

Wow I remember that. That fight makes Bob looks like mid tier compare to Law. Once again the main issue with Bob is ground punishing. His Ws punishing is good. Though his 12f punisher has alot of range your most likely not getting launch when your fighting bob unless he ducks and do ws 21 or he punidh a low.
BlackPriest
Expulsion of Fury
PSN: BlackPriest_ITA
#754 “Quote” Edit Post
Yes, pretty much. I guess the "R" in RIP stands for RAPE, hahaha.

Of course standing punishment, but I would say WS punishment they're both good. Sure, Bob get's a launch at i14, but Law's WS+1,2 at i13 almost makes up for that conisidering how many Lows are -13 where Bob still needs to rely on his WS+4.
miketl8
Berserker
#755 “Quote” Edit Post
law by far imo.laws #1 and nobody will ever convince me otherwise.lol
Dr. Cola
Iron Fist God
XBL: Slayerslice
#756 “Quote” Edit Post
bryan and taunt
Signature Training undercover
Playing to win vs. Playing for fun
VanquisherX
1st Dan
#757 “Quote” Edit Post
Why isnt Lili in top tier???
Brahma
Bottom Tier Hero
PSN: BrahmaDDT
#758 “Quote” Edit Post
Because she can't track.
Signature Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

[sdtekken.com]
Minty_Pears
Tekken Lord Black
XBL: MntT77
#759 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Brahma
Because she can't track.

Mainly that, but she's also brought down by:

- A lack of safe launchers. Several characters have CH 4, and safe i15/i16 launchers which can be thrown out without too much risk. Lili's fastest safe CH launcher is i20 (df+3), and her fastest safe normal hit launcher is i24 (ff+3). In other words, you can't really fish for juggles.

- Substandard lows. The only unseeable lows she has that do some sort of damage are d+3 and ff+4. Neither of them crush highs, the latter in particular is pretty slow and the range sucks. At least they track decently...

- Almost no mix-up strings. Let's see... there's 1,2,3 and 1,2,4... that's about the only mid/low mix-up she has.

She's still not a bad character, but those flaws combiend pretty much gaurantee that she'll never be top tier...
Signature "The angels cry each time you say goodbye"

Furholden
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: Furholden
XBL: Lorch
#760 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Minty_Pears
Mainly that, but she's also brought down by:

- A lack of safe launchers. Several characters have CH 4, and safe i15/i16 launchers which can be thrown out without too much risk. Lili's fastest safe CH launcher is i20 (df+3), and her fastest safe normal hit launcher is i24 (ff+3). In other words, you can't really fish for juggles.

But df3+4 is bullshit-good.
Signature There are no such things as the best characters, but only the best players.
최고의 캐릭터 같은 것들,하지만 최고의 선수가 없습니다.