Page Splits <12
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Fighting Game Panel
Nothing
Fujin
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
so the special version of the hellsweeps is a natural combo and the normal is not?

is that what makes the special version so much better? the fact that it can't be interrupted between sweep and the ~1 punch?
Signature "I mean comparing you to me is like comparing a pair of skates... to a Saleen S7. Me being the Saleen..." -IgnatiusLoyola
Yu_Mingfei
Dragon Lord
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
All Hellsweep variations combo on hit.

Normal Hellsweeps/short range jf Hellsweeps juggle on the first hit, so the second isn't blockable. Long range jf hellsweeps cause so much hit stun that the second ensuing hit cannot be blocked: the opponent is still standing when that second hit connects, so it is a Natural Combo rather than a Juggle Combo. Something of a split hair in this case.

Distant TGF-3 works the same way; distant TGF-4 is not a natural combo and the sweep can be blocked.
Signature "You tell lies, too."
"Not I." The witch laughed; her laughter was clear and yet unpleasant. "I used to as a child, I confess. But I soon found the truth more disconcerting."

in ecstasy i mock the world
Sirami
War Lord
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
This is too awesome! Thanks for all of this!

I had no idea how usefull b+2 is! It's a great poke! Great range, tracks well, only -2 on block, +2 on hit means that 1,1,2 comes out 8 frames after they recover. Once I found this out, I was able to poke my way to victory against my buddy, who plays Law. Mixing 1,1[2], d/f+1,4, and throws after a successfull b+2 works wonders!

I would have never thought that Kaz's poke game could compete with Law's.

Secondly, I thought that d/f+1,f+2 was WAY worse than -13. Since I know most character's ranged punishers now, I have started using his d/f+1 as my primary mid against some characters. Characters like Law and Steve don't get much at all off of a blocked f+2! Still don't want to use it on a good Kaz player though, with a consistant 13 frame EWGF, and ya REALLY don't want to use it against Hei, with his 13 frame TP!

Seriously, d/f+1,4 mixed with d/b+4 or throw = really good Tech Oki!
d/f+1,f+2 is for if they start ducking the 4. This is still a great mixup against most characters, because the juggle I use off of d/f+1,4 sets them right back up for OKI. I got several perfects playing with that Law player just because I launched him and succeeded in my OKI mixup three times.

I had no idea how easy it was for Kaz to settup OKI. I had been using d/f+4[4], but that's crap damage, and doesn't reset the opp for OKI.

Thanks a bunch! I'm playing Kaz on a regular basis again!

Last edited by Sirami on Jun 3rd, 2005 at 07:28

Signature Morality is a poorly designed tool that people use, in order to avoid having to think, about important decisions.
JnKzm
Iron Fist God
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
i use b+2 to set up other moves up, preferrably when pressure at the walls, b+2 on hit, then b+4, gambling for ch.
b+2, 112
b+2, iws+1,2_2

blocked ewgf sends opponent back, walls behind them, then do 1,1, then b+2, etc

b+2 on hit is +2 frames

Last edited by JnKzm on Jun 3rd, 2005 at 07:38

Signature Just bringing out the devil in Jin

i own fort walton beach

omg!! am i gonna get banned?! why this long to do it? or shall i say finally? oh well, remember kids, it's not the end of the world
Shadow5587
Iron Fist God
PSN: shadow5587
XBL: shadow5587
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
looks to me like OCf+4, d/f+1,4 is possible AND you can get your regular d/f+1,4 combos, is this true? It seems to work for me.
Signature [23:13] Shit Shitty -: come on u guys got no where in 5 years of playing
[23:13] Shit Shitty -: u guys are the clippers of tekken
MCP
MCP=?\ (?_o) /?
PSN: MCPtz
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
Yes it is true, but it doesn't seem to work too often in matches...so use it at your own risk.

haha I never noticed the comment on f,f,n+2 is "10 hits suck".
Signature ?\ ( ) /?
Jaguar King
Banned By Mod
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Sirami
This is too awesome! Thanks for all of this!

I had no idea how usefull b+2 is! It's a great poke! Great range

Son, b+2's range is short.
Signature "Victory is 10% inspiration, 90% decapitation."
Izumi-0verdrive
Dragon Lord
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
nevermind, i'll post this in the ask a question get an answer sticky...

Last edited by Izumi-0verdrive on Jul 6th, 2005 at 04:51

Signature Love to Hate Me
MCP
MCP=?\ (?_o) /?
PSN: MCPtz
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
d/f+3 special properties:
OC: f+1,1,2 gauaranteed at perfect front angle. Off center it is not gauranteed.
on standing: does not seem to ever gaurantee f+1,1,2.
Signature ?\ ( ) /?
Izumi-0verdrive
Dragon Lord
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
i wish namco made kaz's d/f+3 as fast as paul's b+3.... it would actually be useful then...
Maxi Milian
Maximum Damage
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
The frame data that has been listed here is top notch so this might be unnecessary, but i just wanted to say i?ve compiled a txt with Kazuyas framedata translated from the T5 Perfect Guide. Its been translated directly so its not pretty but every practical attack has been listed anyway.

Dont think it will add anything but here it is anyway

ftp://tekken:tekken@maximi.mine.nu/...a_Framedata.txt
Izumi-0verdrive
Dragon Lord
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
you're right, it's not pretty. good stuff though, i get that book aug 22nd ^_^
joelrmsdn
4th Dan
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Jaeger
Ya WS+1+2 has nice frames but if you hit it you'll be sad since that means you could have launched with TP... but ya it is good to just throw out if you are not sure. On hit uninterruptible d/f+2.

P.S. thanks for the data
can some 1 please tell me y i can get the uppr cut with kaz but not the tgf wnt it d same thing but jus with defferent bottons please an thanks alot an happy new year
Signature joelrmsdn
Izumi-0verdrive
Dragon Lord
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
is this frame data current? like is it for T6 Bloodline Rebellion?
kyangwy
Kyu
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
Kazuya da best