Julia Chang: The Official Combo List - DR!!!

Page Splits 1...<8910
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Dancing-Hwo
7th Dan
PSN: Bommlinger
#181 “Quote” Edit Post
My advice on d, d/f moves is:
pretend you're doing an EWGF just without the f,N.
works like a charm for me (altough I'm primarily a DJ player)

You can even input a full EWGF motion (f,n,d,d/f+1_2) but you're sacrifying a few frames because the input is longer. It still works though.
Give it a try, it might work for you.
Signature - -
Ewgf abusin', flamingo cancelin' elbow maniac!!!
MinervA
4th Dan
PSN: Minerva-
#182 “Quote” Edit Post
Hi Dancing-Hwo

I'm Myonfa, this is my new account (well, I was registered since year 2002 but I forgot it...curious).

I'll try it tomorrow, I hadn't heard it before and I have tried all!

I have other question. The throw d,d/b,d,d/b+1+2 is a nightmare for me, I have seen a post from Kasht that He buffers it with f+3.

I cannot do it by this way, I think that I am not doing it correctly.

Please, could somebody write here the full sequence?

Many thanks

Last edited by MinervA on Oct 7th, 2008 at 21:20

ShinkuuR
War Lord
PSN: ShinkuuR
XBL: ShinkuuR SRK
#183 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Myonfa

It's a nightmare for me to do d,d/f, one time of every 10 I can finish a juggle with d,d/f+2,1, I can?t understand how people in youtube (during championships! o_o) can do it so easily, and the same happens with d,d/f+3 and d,d/f+4...

Well first of all, d,DF+1,2 and D,df+4,3 are two different motions, and you really have to understand the difference.

d.DF+1: make sure you're holding df a split second longer before you push 1. Otherwise you'll get a df+1. Once you can do that pretty well, you'll be fine. If you are buffering it from f,f+1, make sure you aren't doing f,F+1 instead, since the recovery time will be different and it will mess up your juggle.

D, df+3,4: make sure you actually fully crouch before you push the df. otherwise you'll probably get a generic low kick.

In other words, if you rush you'll mess up. Just be a tiny bit slower.

Originally posted by MinervA
I have other question. The throw d,d/b,d,d/b+1+2 is a nightmare for me, I have seen a post from Kasht that He buffers it with f+3.

I cannot do it by this way, I think that I am not doing it correctly.

Please, could somebody write here the full sequence?

F+3 is one of those moves that you can crouch buffer with(like Paul's d+1, you can choose to recover crouching if you hold down). Just hold down when you do F+3, and buffer the throw during the last couple of frames of recovery. If you're getting low jabs instead and you buffering timing is good, your inputs aren't straight. Nothing you can do about that but practice.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by ShinkuuR on Oct 10th, 2008 at 18:55

Signature :Hey man, don't you know how to break throws?
:Hell Yeah!
:Well break 'em then!
: :sad:
Raveman
Kyu
#184 “Quote” Edit Post
Hmmm guys try this:

CH 4, ddf+1,3, ff+1, ddf+1,3, ff+1, ddf+1,2 69dmg (i connect it 9/10 in combat)
Signature 9 of 10 people enjoy mass rape
*NAKM*
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: xX-NAKM-Xx
XBL: XBL is for queefs!
#185 “Quote” Edit Post
Not sure if someone already posted this juggle but here goes so don't throw tomatoes at me.

CH SS+3+4 > D, D/F+1,4 > elbow > D, D/F+3 > elbow > D, D/F+1,2 = MORE THAN HALF OF YOUR LIFE BAR!
Signature - "My unblockable sweep? U mad bro?"
doubleac
2nd Dan
#186 “Quote” Edit Post
pls update the first post if there is any??

sry if im demmanding, im just lazy reading the post... hehehehe
sry

Last edited by doubleac on Oct 31st, 2009 at 06:20

Signature
All Girls Hahahahahha

Is Leo a girl or a boy???
ikleel
Kyu
#187 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Kasht
Hi guys,

Im opening this thread to compile every possible combo for Julia in Dark Resurrection. The idea here is to sort out combos by launcher, come up with the most damaging combos, and define staple combos for Julia according to some criteria such as wall game, positioningm, wake-up game/OKI, and difficulty.

A year ago, The Spirits and me, with the help of you guys, compiled a gigantic combo list. Most of the juggles still work, but Im not moving it over here till I fix damages, since a lot of them have changed.

Combos:

CH 1~1,1
[CH 1~1,1 = 27 damage]

ff+1, d,df+1~3,1, ff+1, ff+1, ff+1, ff+1 = 70 dam / 48.2%
uf+4,3, ff+1, d,df+1,2 = 68 dam / 46.8%
1,2,4, ff+1, ff+1, ff+1, ff+1 = 67 dam / 46.2%
ff+1, d,df+1, ff+1, d,df+1,2 = 65 dam / 44.8%
4, ff+1, ff+1, d,df+1,2 = 65 dam / 44.8%
df+2,3, ff+1, d,df+1,2 = 60 dam / 41% ?
d,df+1~3,3,1 = 52 dam / 36% ?

Post up, lets bring Julia to the top!!!

Kasht
hi,im new to play with julia.Are there any videos associated with these text descriptions of the juggles u have posted above?Plz guide me if there r any so tht ican learn fast Thnx
ikleel
Kyu
#188 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by ShinkuuR
d/f+2,1_CH 1,2,1_CH f+1+2:
-f+3~1, d/f+4, f,f+1x2, d,df+1,2-staple juggle for high launchers

CH 1,1,1:
-d/f+3, f,f+1x3, d,df+1,2-standard juggle for low launches. d/f+3 takes off more damage than f,f+1, so you always want to start off with that if possible.

-d/f+3, f,f+1, d,df+1~3,1, f,f+1, d,df+1,2-timing is required to get the d,df+1 to hit in the middle. If you can do this one with ease, try dropping the 1 ender and replace with another f,f+1(d/f+3, f,f+1, d,df+1~3, f,f+1x2, d,df+1,2). If you can do that one consistently, then you're ready for the hard juggles.

f+1_u/f+4,3:
-f,f+1x7-don't mock this, as this is still the easiest way to get people to the wall where Julia is strongest, and you really can't mess it up if your timing is good.

-f,f+1, d,df+1~3,1, f,f+1, d,df+1,2-same combo as above. If you want to evolve this alittle, try (f,f+1, d,df+1~3, f,f+1, d,df+1~4, f,f+1, d,df+1,2)

b+1+2:
-d/f+4_f+3,2, f,f+3, d,df+1,2-you'll have to dash in to get the d/f+4, but it's easier to time than the f+3~2. The f+3~2 does more damage though.

Wall finishers(when you juggle them close to the wall):
-u/f+4,3,1-While 1+2, 4, b,f+1+2 does more damage(by like 5~7 points), the hopkicks are much more versatile in execution and position.

WS+3:
-D, df+4,3, f,f+1x3, d,df+1,2-the first elbow is pretty hard to time because they can teck roll right before that if you're too late. If that happens, do f, F+1 to track them otherwise they'll be at your side.

-CC 4~2, f,f+1x3, d,df+1,2-It's more reliable than the combo above, but you really have to have good timing with the crouch cancelled 4~2 for it to be usable.

Those are some good staples to work with. If you can't do the harder ones consistently then don't attempt them in match play, since it's not worth dropping a combo just to get 5~10 more points of damage.

hi,
im new to play with julia.Are there any videos associated with these text descriptions of the juggles u have posted above?Plz guide me if there r any so tht ican learn fast
Thnx