Why choose Jin Kazama

Page Splits 1...<789
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
pochpachi
3rd Dan
#161 “Quote” Edit Post
d+3+4 is still a good launcher IMO, though it works roughly the same as devil jin's now this means that combos done in conjunction with the move is different (i.e. less damage since using bf+2,1 outright won't connect anymore )
tremorman
Iron Fist God
PSN: tremorman
#162 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by pochpachi
d+3+4 is still a good launcher IMO, though it works roughly the same as devil jin's now this means that combos done in conjunction with the move is different (i.e. less damage since using bf+2,1 outright won't connect anymore )

YES IT DOES CONNECT OUTRIGHT!!!!
Signature Originally posted by Z is: block punish, whiff punish, parry punish..
Originally posted by Kazamarant: I feel as if I lose brain cells every time people mention Tekken style lasers as being cool
Onegai James
Legend
PSN: Onegai_James
#163 “Quote” Edit Post
d+3+4 is even crappier than before. It has an even worse recovery now. The only time you should use it is after a low parry. Never throw it out at random or you'll get punished.
Signature YO ASS IS GRASS AND I'M THE LAWNMOWER!!!
pochpachi
3rd Dan
#164 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Onegai James
d+3+4 is even crappier than before. It has an even worse recovery now. The only time you should use it is after a low parry. Never throw it out at random or you'll get punished.

hmm people may have misunderstood. I'm not glorifying the d+3+4. And admittedly, it's not as good as before. And, yes, tremorman, it doesn't connect outright I don't use it as often as before but there are still some situations that you'll be able to use it (usually when I play against King). I used to use it as a punisher move, although that's also changed in DR (please take note that I haven't been able to play DR significantly yet ). More often, however, I still use the uf+4 as it's easier to land into a combo that way.

And even before, you should NEVER throw it out at random anyway I learned that the hard way by getting whooped every time after throwing it and whiffing

Nevertheless, it's still a good arsenal for Jin (just harder to to use and rewards are less) since it's one of his launcher options. but I'll still use the uf+4 way more often
tradbox9
1st Dan
#165 “Quote” Edit Post
he was the second character i picked in T3 after paul. i chose him because he looks like a mean ryu-clone and he was much more asian than paul, plus, the carousel kicks were sooo abusable.... ah, those freaking noobie days: gotta love 'em.
Signature T3 is the most balanced Tekken...
Jin:EWGF + Xiaoyu:1+4 = nothing.
T3Jin:f,n,d,D/F+4,d/f+1,b,f+2,1,2,u/f+4,4,4
FoxBlade
Legend
#166 “Quote” Edit Post
Jin's been my favorite character since TTT...

I really liked the new style he got in tekken 4, but I avoided playing him cause he was thought of as the scrub character, so I switched to using bob.

I've always liked Jin because of his WS+2, such a great low punisher, and now in tekken 5, I don't care what anyone says; I think he's a very well rounded character. I really like his jab combos as well, plus his kicking moves are pretty good.

I've recently started using his CDS~cancel moves alot, I'm not all that good at it yet, but I think if I can master that move you can really dart around the boards making a guessing game and punishing whiffs with it.

Plus I like his EWGF more than an other mishima, his moves slightly forward giving him more range to use it to punish whiffs (I dunno if this move crushes at all though, seems like it does...).

I also like that he has a pretty fast mid launcher now from CD, and can god fist that too.

All around he seems like a pretty safe character in general as well...
Signature Oh I feel it coming back again, like a rolling thunder chasing the wind. Forces pooling from the center again, I can feel it.

Black Mafia
3rd Dan
#167 “Quote” Edit Post
He's one of the easiest brawlers I can use.
tremorman
Iron Fist God
PSN: tremorman
#168 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by FoxBlade
I've recently started using his CDS~cancel moves alot, I'm not all that good at it yet, but I think if I can master that move you can really dart around the boards making a guessing game and punishing whiffs with it.

Plus I like his EWGF more than an other mishima, his moves slightly forward giving him more range to use it to punish whiffs (I dunno if this move crushes at all though, seems like it does...).

I also like that he has a pretty fast mid launcher now from CD, and can god fist that too.

In generaly I can see the point your making, although the last two paragraph suggest that you are not really getting punished yet.....CDS cancel is a frame advantage maker, use it wise and it will reward your training!!!!
Signature Originally posted by Z is: block punish, whiff punish, parry punish..
Originally posted by Kazamarant: I feel as if I lose brain cells every time people mention Tekken style lasers as being cool
Kazzy_Jin
Iron Fist God
PSN: yeah right....
#169 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by FoxBlade

still great, but his launchers not that safe.
Signature Does it look like I give a shit?
CorpseThrust
3rd Dan
#170 “Quote” Edit Post
a character having speed and strength in one package...

plus applying mental alertness on certain moves makes him flashy...
Tekkenmover
1st Dan
#171 “Quote” Edit Post
Well well, a very old but what the hell ^^ I haven't posted

Tekken 3 Jin
Tekken 3 was my first tekken game ever, and of course Jin was in it ^^ But it was not love at first sight or anything like that, I took Yoshimitsu first be course he looked very cool. But after I had played the game some time, got all endings and so on. Jin was all over the place, his background story was cool, his personality was cool. Even that he had this Devil gene inside him, made him a very interesting person. So I started to play with some more, played many arcade battles and vs with him. I started to see I was getting good with him, and my juggles just got better and better. In the end, I played Jin best of all the characters. That is how I started to play with him, be course he was my best character.... plus he was cool ^^

Tekken Tag Jin
Well nothing really to say here about him, he was as cool he could get here too. So of course I kept on using him ^^

Tekken 4 Jin
My tekken life biggest surprise ever, Jin had a hole new fighting still.... WHAT THE?... Damn I was mad, I never forget the first time I played him there. All the old commands I used was no use, he had chanced to something strange, this was not Jin at all. So of course I took Kazuya then, be course he had some moves that was close to the old Jin, but it was never the same. After some time, I decided to try and play with the new Jin, learn him all the way. The old Jin still I almost never used low attacks with, be course of his ss,2 was fantastic. This new Jin, you needed to work your ass off. But to tell you the truth... I really started to like him, better then the old Jin. He was something els, he had is very own moves now, and I mastered him greatly. Used every move he could do, to maximizes my skills against others.

Tekken 5 Jin
The same Jin, but still not. He was turned even more cooler, very cool juggles that gave even more damage then before. He became a bad ass Jin, that could take on any one. He got many very good moves now, that made him even cooler then before. I still see him, as the coolest ever of them all.

Tekken 5 DR Jin
He got some new moves her and there, and got some cooler as well... I have not chanced my mind at all, Jin is still my best character ever, and he will always be the best for me.

Think that is enough ^^
Signature I love the long fights between two fighters.... Love to slow kill you.... Want to play?
amazingjames311
1st Dan
#172 “Quote” Edit Post
i've played tekken since tekken 1 came out in the arcades.

i used in t1, in t2

so was a natural change being that he was the character designed to replace

by the time that returned to the game in TTT i had already switched to as my main and as my no.2

t4 got a hole new bag of tricks, he also proved to be the best character on the game.

t5 by no means is he the best character but not the bottom pick either.

t5:dr not much of a switch from 5-dr:5 so ....

in the future i hope
he will maybe retain some of his kazama style moves 1+4,2,1,2,4 so on
Signature "ITS INSANE, THIS GUYS TAINT!"

felix_floresca
Dragon Lord
PSN: <BTS>
#173 “Quote” Edit Post
I choose Jin coz he's the best character for me..
Signature <BTS> Athlete's Foot - "rush to kill"
zchikmhagnet
Iron Fist God
#174 “Quote” Edit Post
Jin is difficult to use... Winning against high tiers using Jin makes me look hella good.. and makes my opponent look like shit..

Signature Strategically Random!!

Power is everything..
call me Z..
jongsong
Kyu
#175 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by YoungManRiver
I choose Jin because someone told me he is gay and I love penis

alot
i kust cried and threw up in my mouth al little bit.
Signature 24/7
tekken !
zchikmhagnet
Iron Fist God
#176 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by jongsong
i kust cried and threw up in my mouth al little bit.

me too
Signature Strategically Random!!

Power is everything..
call me Z..
JinK30
1st Dan
#177 “Quote” Edit Post
Why choose Jin Kazama? Easy is the character with more important in tekken like kazuya or heihachi.

These character counts with greats blows and skills, in tekken 4 the parry is amazing and he change the style to mishima a kazama style.

Good story and is very similar to Ryu on street fighter, is the Ryu in a 3d game.
M@r$h@ll L@w
2nd Dan
#178 “Quote” Edit Post
What made me choose Jin was seeing him in the Tekken 4 cover with that serious look and that hood on his head; he looked really cool! I just had to play as him! I also wanted to choose Jin was because he was always on the front cover of a Tekken game since he first debuted. Call me weird if you want to...
Signature I can't decide between Marshall/Forest Law or Jin Kazama! Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!
I love em both!!!
KazamaJin14
Kyu
#179 “Quote” Edit Post
Ahh Jin Kazama, Tekken's number one bad ass. Jin has a well balanced moveset when it comes to fighting. Also his moves doesn't require some crazy button input like some of the other characthers. I am able to input the command and see some pretty devesating result. Jin's Savage Sword attack my personal favorite and in my opinion the best move in the game. I also like his Right Roundhouse Punch and Thrusting Uppercut attacks. Those can be pretty devestating if the connect.

I also like the fact that some of Jin's attacks show off that red lighting. Just goes to show what a powerful contender Jin is.

That's what I like about Jin, but its a damn shame that he is going to be evil in the upcoming Tekken 6. That's a real bummer. I still like him though.
Teknickel68
Kyu
#180 “Quote” Edit Post
First off, I'm a newbie to T5, and altho I did play Jin in T4, that was like a few years back. At that time, I was a complete scrub at Tekken and Jin was ok for me as his moves seemed less complicated.. until I found our more. Plus, he wasn't very fast in movement.. or so I thought.

Until I faced intermediate opponents, which I had a chance to before I stopped playing T4 altogether.. he was zig-zagging back & forth, left n right and his Jin's moves were all "alien" to me.. I had never seen them b4. I stopped playing not cos I lost the 2 matches in less than 10 seconds.. (dun say Paul pls)... rather.. I felt I could not play like that opponent.

Now, fast forward a few years, T6 is out, but an arcade near my house has T5. So, I try Jin all over and I kicked some asses. I didn't even know more than 4 moves and I was kicking asses. i played KOF and Street fighter, but they were different, the only advantage were my reflexes and some vivid memory of Jin's moves in T4.

But.. I was hooked and I was bent on finding out more on Jin's moves. 4 months on.. I know most of Jin's normal & special moves.. exclude the Omen ones.. and altho I can kick most opponents.. I find doing juggles so difficult. It seems my reflexes r not the problem.. more so of my wrist movement.. I can't seem to get the joystick to where I want it... maybe my left hand is screwy.. I don't know.

However, I do know I want to get beter wif Jin. At this present time, I can only do a normal juggle.. d/f+2, 1,1,2,d/b+2,2,3

I just mastered his 10 hit combo, and it seems to catch ppl off when I mix it up. Jin's mind games are so important, it really makes me want to get so much better wif him.

Any words of advice for a complete newbie? I watch some vids on the juggles and it AMAZES me how some of u can pull them off.. I suck so bad.. and I do mean it.

sigh.. until I can do juggles and combos without having to think of it... I may actually be happier.

Last edited by Teknickel68 on Jan 7th, 2010 at 19:02