Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
MCP
MCP=?\ (?_o) /?
PSN: MCPtz
#81 “Quote” Edit Post
ewgf, d/f+3, d/f+1,2 49 damage
stomp is +21, avoided by mashing to get up. 70 total damage
dewgf pickup is +16, 64 total damage. After ff stomp does not tech catch like in gandido setups
d/f+4<4 pickup is also +16 damage, no need the more difficult dewgf.

ewgf, ewgf, ff+1, ffd/f+1,2 is 57
stomp is +21, 78 total damage
dewgf pickup doesn't work(?) as they are too far away. Perhaps there is a way to get it to land close enough by doing ewgf, dewgf, fF+1, fF,d/f+1,2.

ewgf from straight:
ewgf~ssr~d/f+3, d/f+3, d/f+1,2 is 57 and d/b+4 hits grounded. 76 total damage.

After both combos:
Can mix up f+4 and d/b+4 for quick stand
Can't normally get cd+4:4 trip stun as they are too close, but cd+4:1 is good damage if you want to go that route. Can mix up with cd~u/f+3
dash d/f+3 does not hit.

From slight right side, ssr~ewgf
ewgf, d/f+3, d/f+3, d/f+1,2, is 57 damage and d/b+4 hits grounded for +19, 76 total damage.

Last edited by MCP on Jan 2nd, 2008 at 06:21

Signature ?\ ( ) /?
MCP
MCP=?\ (?_o) /?
#82 “Quote” Edit Post
I can hardly get cd+4,1 ff stomp to hit tech roll.
but when I do cd+4:1, ff stomp, I seem to catch it a lot more.. well more like every time in practice mode.

after cd+4,1 I either get no dash into whiffed stomp, or the small dash into whiffed stomped as they were too far.

But cd+4:1 seems to leave them closer or you recover faster or something.

Then of course cd+4:1 wall stuns where cd+4,1 doesn't if it's the range of tripping front foot first.
Also I think it is possible to do f+4 blocked near wall, cd+4:1 tripping front foot into wall stun, then delay ssr b+3,1, w! b+3141 for the neat restun!
Signature ?\ ( ) /?
DevilKnight
Iron Fist God
PSN: DevilKnight9999
#83 “Quote” Edit Post
Yo Gandido, any luck with that vid you were gonna do to show all this Oki stuff in action?

I'm also hoping there are some Oki catches that can be applied after a juggle with TGF,3. (from CH b+4, CH d/f+3, WS+2, f+1+2 etc.)

I kinda created my own Oki ideas after this and manage to catch stuff quite often, but I tend to rush in with quick, low damage stuff. Does the opponent recover before Kazuya? if Kazuya recovers first, does he have a decent amount of time to setup some more damaging catches?

I'm aware that I keep asking about so many different Oki situations, but when the answers come, it adds to the value of the thread.
Signature Tekken Engine 101

Teaching someone Tekken? use this ^
DevilKnight
Iron Fist God
#84 “Quote” Edit Post
Played a load more matches since my last post.

I can safely say that most of the same Oki for the setups already listed also apply to TGF,3 juggle enders.

Btw, for those not sure about CD+4:1, it does 3 points extra damage as well as wallsplat and other possible benefits.

Basicly, if you do a single hit with CD+4, it'll connect clean hit for extra damage but only when you use a single sweep. If you input the 1 on-hit the way you would for Paul's Demo Man, you get the first sweep on clean hit aswell as the 1 of the normal CD+4,1.

Gandido
WAVEDASH
PSN: Gandido787
#85 “Quote” Edit Post
I posted the whole CD4:1 tidbit a while back because there are a wide number of scenarios in the wall where Kaz can set up the distance for it to have a full wallsplat and sidesplat. You can get some crazy fucking stuff like CD4:1 sidesplat ss f+314 w!b+3141 which does about 105 damage or some number like that. I have it recorded on VHS.
Signature "You're an idiot." - Gregory House

Test before you post.
MCP
MCP=?\ (?_o) /?
#86 “Quote” Edit Post
all that stuff about d/f+3, d/f+1,2
yea it's even better after ff+2, d/f+3, d/f+1,2

after it hits, if they try to get up you can dewgf, if you go slightly slow it will launch them bt unless they low kick.

But I found something else, after d/f+3, d/f+1,2 just do f,n,d/f+4:4 trips the front foot a lot. Certainly it works at near max range and certainly it doesn't work up close.
Signature ?\ ( ) /?
DevilKnight
Iron Fist God
#87 “Quote” Edit Post
Nice stuff,

Also, after f,f+2 d/f+3 d/f+1,2 a run-up backthrow should work as a backroll catch for Sick damage and more great Oki.

Run-up backthrow and B+1+4 also kill backrolls on 2+4, SS+1+2, a backthrow, throw on opponents right side, (the Skull Smash one) Gates of Hell and CD+4. (if you pass on the free stomp)

WEWGF will also launch most of these BT.

After a CD+4 trip followed by the free stomp, most players think it's safe to backroll after the ground hit but actually, the run-up backthrow will still get them if you run up as soon as you recover.

Lol, silly to be posting so many backroll catches it's just that my friend refuses to delve into Oki mechanics and backrolls everything.

(early in our Tekken life he ate around 500 stomps so backroll is now an automatic reaction to all Oki situations )

Btw, I haven't seen Oki catches posted for 1,1,2 yet. Are there any tech catches for that? I know that WR+3 hits backrollers but that's sorta useless if they can tech or quickstand into guaranteed safety.

Last edited by DevilKnight on Feb 4th, 2008 at 02:44

DevilKnight
Iron Fist God
#88 “Quote” Edit Post
As another tip for Oki after 1+2:

If you move in a do d/b+4, it'll hit them if they don't move, and will also shift and hit low on techroll in either direction. Flexible option, most opponents won't be blocking low as soon as they techroll from this.

Gandido
WAVEDASH
#89 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm updating this... piece by piece.

=O

Test before you post.
DevilKnight
Iron Fist God
#90 “Quote” Edit Post
Wonderful, this is THE thread to go to learn Kazuya! so much knowledge, so much potential for making legends.

Anyways, Oki is nasty after Gates of Hell. If you EWGF straight on recovery, it'll launch them BT if they quickstand but ALSO even when they backroll. Just need some ground-hitting rape to make them move after the throw.

After the 2+4 throw, b+2,4,1 locks down your opponents options other than staying still. It hits BT on quickstand, combos backroll and the b+2 hits sideroll. Most opponents I play now just lie there and allow me a free grounded hit.

I posted f+1+2 TGF,3 as a combo but there is some situation info to add. TGF,3 does NOT hit after the f+1+2 backroll catch for things like HS, the opponent is slightly out of range in the stun.

It DOES hit when f+1+2 hits a standing opponent allowing you all the HS Oki with perhaps a little better recovery. When you end a combo with TGF,3 the f+1+2 backroll catch allows TGF,3 to work for the 65 damage and resets the Oki.

Eg. "Fight!" EWGF TGF,3 (opp backrolls) f+1+2 TGF,3 (opp tilts and backrolls again) f+1+2 "K.O" TGF,3 ... GG

Gandido
WAVEDASH
#91 “Quote” Edit Post
Guess who has his own PS3 now.

Fury coming soon.

Test before you post.
DevilKnight
Iron Fist God
#92 “Quote” Edit Post
f+1+2 backroll catch is a little tighter but also hits backrollers from u/f+3.

d/f+3 has virtually no consistency problems or angle dependancies on hitting bigger characters like King on the ground. Becomes really powerful and reliable.

You may want to add some extra info on d/f+3 also. It follows techrolls in both directions to hit mid, though when they tech to Kazuya's right after blocking it they are somewhat at his side so it's not safe but still works as a mid that way.

Aswell as floating quickstands and hitting grounded and following techs, (dash) d/f+3 also stuns wakeup kicks for half life. Safe too, with a f+2 punch parry setup on block. A really versatile option.

Still no good backroll catch for 1,1,2?

Last edited by DevilKnight on Sep 8th, 2008 at 22:52

Belsha_Kazuya
Virtuoso
PSN: <BTS>
#93 “Quote” Edit Post
Thank you very much rip. I enjoyed it very much. Thanks again..
Signature <BTS> - Bohol Tekken Society
Hiyaaaa! <BTS> TO
Drunken Master. <BTS> My_Princess<3
Wavedash to Electric Wind God Fist is the best! <BTS> BelshaZuya
*Be proud if you are a 1st Dan, because you will never get demoted.
Gandido
WAVEDASH
#94 “Quote” Edit Post
Rip?

lol

Test before you post.
Belsha_Kazuya
Virtuoso
PSN: <BTS>
#95 “Quote” Edit Post
I mean kuya Gandido. I'm very sorry though.. Thank you very much for posting...

I can't get the dewgf ... or even the dash ewgf ...

huhuhu! It is very very very very hard ...
Please tell me what is the technique ..
Signature <BTS> - Bohol Tekken Society
Hiyaaaa! <BTS> TO
Drunken Master. <BTS> My_Princess<3
Wavedash to Electric Wind God Fist is the best! <BTS> BelshaZuya
*Be proud if you are a 1st Dan, because you will never get demoted.
Toxen
Lone Wolf
PSN: Toxen-xD
#96 “Quote” Edit Post
dewgf = dash ewgf...

Basically you just do f,f,n,d,df+2

It's very easy, and some people find it easier than the normal ewgf.

I guess you just gotta practice it a bit more.
>phunnykidd<
play offline
PSN: phunny_kidd
#97 “Quote” Edit Post
paco not sure if you mentioned this or not

off just hellsweep,1 if they do getup kick or low kick or getup , wd in to ws+4 picks up, for either d/f+4,4 for quick easy dmg, 1, 1, 1 ~ender for more dmg or d/b+4 to reset it.

they can tech up obviously, but it works reallllly good.

edit: i think they can roll back

Last edited by >phunnykidd< on Dec 18th, 2008 at 03:48

Signature Me:"What can I do to win more?"
Rain:"Stop playing kazuya."
Me:"But he's so cool-looking, I love his style!"
Rain:"I know! It's trap!"
Gandido
WAVEDASH
#98 “Quote” Edit Post
pk: that works, however:

if you do the dash up d/f+3 fast enough, it actually hits people grounded without them doing anything prior, and if they attempt anything that you said, you either get a float juggle, or CH d/f+3 into TGF3. Also, if they techroll, you can do some weird side angle shit.

Test before you post.
>phunnykidd<
play offline
PSN: phunny_kidd
#99 “Quote” Edit Post
intriguing... ill play with that!
Signature Me:"What can I do to win more?"
Rain:"Stop playing kazuya."
Me:"But he's so cool-looking, I love his style!"
Rain:"I know! It's trap!"
ANTI-SPAWN__999
6th Dan
PSN: ANTI-SPAWN__999
#100 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm asuming that all of this still applies to br since it's in the br section right?