Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Zachary Mishima
Kyu
PSN: STORMSHADOW108
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
What up,
This is my first post and I just wanted to give a shout out to the Tekken community, especially all my Indianapolis players (All two of us LOL). I also wanted to let everyone know on Zaibatsu that Indy has a T6: BR machine at Gameworks at Circle Center Mall Downtown Indianapolis.

I?m trying to get some players together from my school to get involved with the community because the scene here in town is dead, I?m talking nonexistent.

I?ve been playing BR for a few months now; I?m trying to get better. I?m not new to Tekken, I?ve been a casual player since Tekken 2 but now I?m really ready to dive into the game and become a great player. The only way to get better at the game is to play against players that are better than you, but every single time I go to Gameworks no one is ever playing BR. The only person that I have played on a consistent basis is the kid that works there. (He pumps free credits into the machine, so it?s all good)

So here?s my attempt to try to bring the Indy scene to life, don?t know if you guys are out there. Good thing I?m getting the Limited Edition tomorrow (GET HYPE!) so at I?ll have online at the very least, but I?ll still hit up the arcade!

Oh and SD Tekken Podcast and MYK Podcast are great!
Signature Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice...Get Ready For The Next Battle!
Zachary Mishima
Kyu
PSN: STORMSHADOW108
MarkMan
SDTEKKEN.COM
PSN: MarkManSDT
XBL: MarkManSDT
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Welcome to Tekken Zaibatsu and thanks for the props on the podcast
Mr_Man_07
1st Dan
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Indiana is sadly completely deviod of tekken, Im at purdue, we have a t5 and ttt machine in the student union and I have never seen anyone at them. Im trying to get my friends into tekken too but their all noobs who would rather play fps games lol. So very sad
But we can always hope for change
EpicPhail37
Warrior
PSN: EpicPhail37
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Mr_Man_07 are you who I think you are?!!! Andrew is that you? I'm da Ganryu dude who spammed idiotic lows when I played you. Or just disregard this message if you're not him lol.

Speaking of the devil, I'm at Purdue as well! What the...I thought I was the only person who played Tekken hardcore here since Andrew disappeared, but this is definitely awesome news. I got our best 3S player to play Tekken though and now he is definitely solid + competitive so I think we can get a good Tekken community start goin'.

Zachary Mishima, I actually went to play BR at the last Indy tournament. I played a grand total of 2 matches and got owned lol. Haha, yea I remember the guy who works there and he kept pumpin' quarters for free play. Maybe I saw you at the tournament?

I actually played a lot of DR lately in preparation for T6O so hopefully I'm not too rusty haha, but I'm definitely looking forward to sparring and learning from y'all.
EpicPhail37
Warrior
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey fellow Indiana Tekkeners!

There was an old Indiana thread, but I believed the starter moved to Cali so since I'm still here I'll get it started!

To give y'all some basic info., I'm at Purdue and play a variety of characters. I actually play a lot of online to learn the game so I'm unorthodox like that lol. Of course, offline is the true testing ground so here's where we can get some discussion goin' on that.

Right now I only play with another 3S player who has gotten surprisingly good in a short amount of time. He plays a selection of characters as well, but not as many as mine since he used the rest of the time to learn how humiliate me in 3S.

There's actually a big group of 2D gamers at Purdue as well so if we get a good # goin' we could merge gatherings or somethin. Alright, let's get discussing!
Mr_Man_07
1st Dan
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Dang, another tekken player at purdue that is crazy. Yeah if we could get some tekken going that would be great, Usually the only time i get to play is when i go home and play my brother. lol

Epicfail if u ever want to spare my psn is Jiffylust
and my purdue web mail is ahaulter@purdue.edu
EpicPhail37
Warrior
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey guys, I made an Indiana thread so we can get united and start our training there!

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...threadid=114099

So I assume you're not Andrew haha, but still that's awesome another Tekken player here! Haha, I guess we're in the same boat since I just play my 3S friend like one night during the week (if we even meet) and that's my offline experience lol.

I played on the T5 machine like 2 days ago and used King, but that damn 4 button didn't work. So I just spammed d/f1,2 to victory until I got owned by CPU DJ while trying to pull off multithrows. Some of the Koreans there are actually pretty good, but not too receptive so I'll have to see if maybe we can get them to join on TZ action.

EDIT: Sounds great, I won't be gettin' the game till tomorrow but my info. is

PSN: same (EpicPhail37)
Email: epicphail7@gmail.com (lol)

See ya online!
Mishima2000
Iron Fist God
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Mr_Man_07
Indiana is sadly completely deviod of tekken, Im at purdue, we have a t5 and ttt machine in the student union and I have never seen anyone at them. Im trying to get my friends into tekken too but their all noobs who would rather play fps games lol. So very sad
But we can always hope for change

Are you serious? I am a huge fan of TTT. While I dont like T5 very much I will still play it above T4. If you ever are in Fort Wayne look me up. I will be more than happy to challenge you. But I also hate the new Tekken 6. I just played it at the circle city classic for the first time and the game suck ass.
Signature The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
QDogg
Team Qunimitsu
PSN: Qunimitsu
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Welcome to Tekken Zaibatsu.

Please ensure that your post is located in the appropriate forum. This keeps the site organized and running smoothly.

Topic moved to North American Matchfinder.

Thank you.
Signature "Live, love, laugh, enjoy life."
Kirby Puckett, Minnesota Twins
1960-2006

EpicPhail37
Warrior
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Bump.

Jiffy, I added you on PSN so maybe this weekend we can test out some games online. Also, maybe we can meet at the arcade sometime and get an icebreaker T5 or TTT game or somethin'. Swamped with a whole buncha work right now so a gatherin' will have to be later but I'll be on the update.
Mr_Man_07
1st Dan
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Epic
Cool, Yeah Ive been anxious to see how the multiplayer is with people that live close. I mean were so close hopefully there won't be any lag, that would be so awesome. But anyway im sure you would totally own me at the arcade, i have been playing pad for years, lol. But Ive been thinking about learning stick for a while because Ive been having problems getting dashjabs down. O isn't there ps2 ports on the 5 machine? So yeah that would be cool.
EpicPhail37
Warrior
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey Mr_Man great games today! But yea we found out the harsh truth that the online lags pretty bad even if we're this close. I have T1 at my apt, and I believe the school uses T3+. My gf has a place at Hawkins I could try it in if really necessary so we'd be on T3-T3 connection. But I'm surprised even with T1-T3 it's this bad. Yeah, Namco definitely needs to patch this up.

Also as you may have guessed from our matches, I play a variety of characters and King and Devil Jin are two of my current mains (goal is to eventually get decent with everyone...haha will take some time) so what a coincidence! Haha, that's awesome that you want to learn DJ cuz he is mad fun and technical. I am actually a pad player too but lately playing too much King and trying to do iSW screwed up my fingers lol so I'm using stick in the mean time.

Let me know what's up with this Hillenbrand tourney and I'll see if I can make it down and chill wit y'all Tekken peeps down there. Also, there's a Gamestop Tekken tourney this Sat. at the Wabash Landing one at 2pm. There's still plenty of space to sign up (max 32 but I only saw 4 when I went). U can just go on Sat 30 min before tourney starts I think and register. Just a heads up if you have time and wanna join.

We definitely gotta get some offline goin' as I think that can help our games immensely. I have a buddy who uses Feng who will add to our local comp. He might have to take a little time to get used to T6 since he's never played it and doesnt have the game, but I'm sure he'll be up to speed in no time and we'll all rock it hard. See ya next time!
Mr_Man_07
1st Dan
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Epic
Srry I couldn't make if to the Gamestop tournament you will have to tell me how you did. But anyway the Hillenbrand tournament is at 8 p.m, Nov 3, in room C103. Hopefully I can make this one, as long as I don't have some stupid team meting or something for engineering. lol

Oh yeah and It was weird because i played my brother online a couple days ago and it didn't lag half as bad as when we played. He still lives pretty close but its weird non the less. I think it must be a spotty situation with the online.
Syxx
Iron Fist God
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
are you guys close to the IL boarder? We should have a lot of T6 events coming up so check the tournament listings.
Signature http://www.youtube.com/user/mameshibavideos
EpicPhail37
Warrior
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Mr_Man, I got 2nd out of 4 people at the Gamestop tournament. So not many people, but 1st was Bryan, 2nd (me) was DJ, 3rd was Paul, and 4th was Steve. We had to use 360 pads though which was shitty. I could barely do a wavedash, and couldn't get off an EWGF at all. All I could do was mostly 112, d/b1, d+4, and 2+4 throw. Dammit, shoulda picked Bob lol.

I'll see if I can check out that tournament tonight and hopefully see you there. Also, I realized my online settings were on NAT3 even after I did port forwarding and DMZ settings following MarkMan's SDT T5DRO setup guide. I think the firmware needs to be updated since it is like 4 or 5 versions old. But I think the main reason we lagged was cuz I was using the router and sharing the connection with three other computers in the apartment. Perhaps if I used it in direct connection at Hawkins we would have less lag like you and your bro did. I'll see later on what to do about this.

Syxx, I think we're relatively close to the IL border. Just a few hours drive to Chicago, so maybe we can see if we can make it out to one of those tourneys.
LeiMaster
Iron Fist God
XBL: EXTREME FATHEAD
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Wow there's actually tekken in Indiana? Man ive tried numerous Indiana threads over the past 5 to 6 years and the only replies I got was fort wayne and elkhart. I went to a Greenwood Time Out Tekken 5 tourney 4 years ago and got 1st place and then I quit for a while. I don't really like Tekken 6 all that much I think its garbage especially playing it online with lag. I'm about 30 min from Chicago where i used to travel to play awesome competition. Them guys are great Tekken players who are dedicated to getting better.

My mom lives in Indy so i know Indy real good. Perhaps when i come down again I can meet up with you guys at Gameworks or some other venue.

Oh and Gamestop tourneys are a fucking joke, especially the prizes.

Later peeps.
Vinc3ntzzz
1st Dan
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
I play tekken and I'm at Purdue
EpicPhail37
Warrior
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Good games today to Mr_Man_07 and Vinc3ntzzz! That was a surprisingly nice setup for a tourney and it definitely got me excited about the event. It was cool to chat to you both and learn about your Tekken backgrounds. Mr_Man I can't believe I forgot that you were the King player who played against Andrew! Yeah, I remember our TTT games afterwards and those were mad fun. I'd be up for some old school TTT also if we were meet up at a gathering. And go rep IE! Vinc3nt, that's a solid Lee and hopefully we can all get together and level up our Tekken since you don't own the game. In the meantime, I'll probably be playing a lotta laggy online and trying to filter out the lag tactics from the legitimate offline tactics lol.

LeiMaster, we're not too far from Indy and they have an annual tournament at Gameworks that I've been to 2x with some of my 2D Purdue budz. If they have another one, we may all be able to meet up there, but I'm not sure if I'll be at Purdue next year so we'll see what happens.
LeiMaster
Iron Fist God
XBL: EXTREME FATHEAD
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by EpicPhail37

LeiMaster, we're not too far from Indy and they have an annual tournament at Gameworks that I've been to 2x with some of my 2D Purdue budz. If they have another one, we may all be able to meet up there, but I'm not sure if I'll be at Purdue next year so we'll see what happens.

Cool lemme know bud. When i was at Greenwood there were alot of peeps from Purdue at that T5 tourney. Take it easy Epic.