Page Splits 1...<456
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Innovator
Champion
#101 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by TheDinosaur
well, she IS such a whore that she actually makes DR a much worse game, but I don't think salmon was actually trying to justify her, just agreeing on some weaknesses.

I know Julia has some REALLY gay nonsense, but that sounds kind of harsh. DR has lot of foolishness aside from Miss Chang's, is hers really that bad compared to the rest?

anyways, hopefully she'll be crap again soon. from the sounds of her T6 changes they might as well have given her "Bukkake Face" and "Inside-Out Clothes" customisations for that special "just raped" look...

While I agree Julia needed an intimate encounter with the Nerf Bat some T6 changes seem like they're gonna take some of the flavor out the character. Who's gonna wanna play her if she's not a dirty counterhit whore? I thought it was her raison d'etre. To me it seems a bit hypocritcal to leave her ass naked in winter when it comes to controversial moves/properties and leave things EWGF intact.
Signature "May your luster never dull, and wires never cross."
-Optimus Prime
MCP
MCP=?\ (?_o) /?
PSN: MCPtz
#102 “Quote” Edit Post
OK, after looking at what happens a bit more, it seems that ANY attack which has a db_d_df input which can punish Ganryu's df+1,4 can be used as guaranteed punishment. EG
Jack df+2

o_0

Anyways, for some reason against eddy relax, the low/mid mixup juggle starters, I don't know the move inputs sorry, but kane found two things:
1. One direction side walk(swl?) will always cause the mid launcher to whiff and the second hit of the low sweep will whiff, making the low punishable by devil jin's dash 1+4 combos(not including cheap d/f+1,2~ff combos because of side hit).
2. U/F jump will jump over the low and you end up behind eddy for a free hit, where he should be able to throw to turn around in time to avoid something nasty like BT bf21d2. Also the U/F jump plain avoids the mid somehow, and You land in front of him for a free hit. I'm not sure if he can go into relax directly from the mid hit or not, but psp practice mode does not have that option, otherwise just use standing launcher for a combo.

o_0 weird stuff. Also other moves will most probably hit swl or U/F jump. grain of salt.
Signature ?\ ( ) /?
Real law
Frank White
PSN: CAAB_Real_Law
XBL: King Of New York
#103 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by MCP
o_0

Anyways, for some reason against eddy relax, the low/mid mixup juggle starters, I don't know the move inputs sorry, but kane found two things:
1. One direction side walk(swl?) will always cause the mid launcher to whiff and the second hit of the low sweep will whiff, making the low punishable by devil jin's dash 1+4 combos(not including cheap d/f+1,2~ff combos because of side hit).
2. U/F jump will jump over the low and you end up behind eddy for a free hit, where he should be able to throw to turn around in time to avoid something nasty like BT bf21d2. Also the U/F jump plain avoids the mid somehow, and You land in front of him for a free hit. I'm not sure if he can go into relax directly from the mid hit or not, but psp practice mode does not have that option, otherwise just use standing launcher for a combo.

o_0 weird stuff. Also other moves will most probably hit swl or U/F jump. grain of salt.

its SWR...mid juggle will whiff, low first hit will hit only...had to learn these things the hard way thanks to spero gin...
Signature You think your world is safe. It is an illusion, A comforting lie told to protect you. Enjoy these final moments of peace. For I have returned to have my vengeance. So, Shall we begin?
CALM AS A BOMB!!
real law
A Horsemen Till The Day I Die ! <4H>

lazyslackboy
Warrior
PSN: j3mst0ne
XBL: Jemst0ne
#104 “Quote” Edit Post

Armor King:
He sucks. You can duck the second hit of most of his strings on block.
His sweep is techrollable

/ corrections.

Armor King doesn't
S.B.
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: IcantPhukWitU
#105 “Quote” Edit Post
ss+1+2 into b+2,1 actually misses quite a lot in open ground, ss+1+2 has some fierce pushback, so always be ready to duck the 2nd hit of b+2,1. near the wall wang has better options anyway. you can always punch parry if you really want to get damage, as long as your character has one.

no doubt, I appreciate that one D
Signature "Strictly Business..."
ArbiterX1
Lone Wolf
#106 “Quote” Edit Post
How's about a section for running attacks after certain combo enders, to stop eating unblockable tackles?

Examples are: Paul QCF2, Jin's d/b+2,2,3 enders, DJ/Jin ff2 counter hits, etc, the ones that will let them run in and do an attack.

What can players do if they know the opponent will go for an unblockable tackle? Side walking doesn't always work vs. unblockable tackle. Slide also tends to track.
Signature Donny: "Baek is so frickin hard to predict. I hate it when he does all those kicks with his legs."

Nate: "Ho Chris you mix up the best, EoD and Stonehead."
combot-killer
Former staff member
PSN: X-Flame
#107 “Quote” Edit Post
d2. Universal move, and the best move IN THE GAME.
Yes, I said it. Better than ewgf.

-peace-
Signature Originally posted by USMCOgre
I see that RMK FendRhodes tried to answer your question, which is funny because he has neither a wife nor any life experience with anything other than working at wal mart. I just put him on ignore so I can't see what he said, but I'm sure it's a stupid one line fail at being funny.

y2kbakura
7th Dan
#108 “Quote” Edit Post
i was wondering how exactly do you fuzy guard heachi's
b+f 2,1 b+f 2,2? hold down and let go after the first hit
or tap down and let go after the first hit?
Signature "You do not truly know someone until you fight them"
Im motha fuxing Gonzales!!!!!!!!!
big_al405
Legend
PSN: GrandeCapoAP
#109 “Quote” Edit Post
You can be hit by lili's BT 1+2 if you sidestep her d/f34.
Signature
sciolist
Bad Lt.
PSN: Bacon-B-Godlike
#110 “Quote” Edit Post
ok, a note to any Kuma/Panda player that still wants to land 1+2 X 3 after HBS, 1+2...dash up and do a quick ws4, and you get the 1+2 combo for free...this has been tested, but not tested on Lei (who may have an option to escape). i've done this to countless people, and if they attempt to get out of it the wrong way (which way i will not say), not only will they eat every hit, but they will once again be grounded directly in front of you.

as far as i'm concerned, Kuma has no abusable moves...all of them are easy to punish even on an average lvl of play. you see us whoring windmills, f1, ROL and HBS moves not because we're slipping anything by anyone...we're usually doing it in a given situation where we've knocked the person down first and make them either guess or react to what we're doing, or we've at least minimized the window you have @ punishing said tactics...simply put...Sidestep and run away when you're up on health...trust me...it's safe against the bears. now, that's all i'm giving up on them EVER.
big_al405
Legend
PSN: GrandeCapoAP
#111 “Quote” Edit Post
anyone knows how the cpu does the "parry-like" thing when drag uses d+1+2 or marduk's vts 1+2?
Signature
DJ KOR FIJNEMAN
Banned By Mod
PSN: earwicker
XBL: thefookler
#112 “Quote” Edit Post
what moves do not get owned by marduks ssr,db1+2?
caipn' abuse
Iron Fist God
#113 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DJ KOR FIJNEMAN
what moves do not get owned by marduks ssr,db1+2?

steve ff N 2
Signature ich pr?gel metrosexuelle raus aus der boutique
Dilly
When in doubt, D+3+4
PSN: DancesWithNoobs
XBL: DancesWithNoobs
#114 “Quote” Edit Post
bryan's 3,3,4 can be interrupted after the second 3 by jabs. I know there's better options, but it's an easy consistent way to stop anyone who abuses it, especially since you're guaranteed to score counter hit(Julia/kuma LOVE this).
Signature Need the hook-up on cable service? Get at me.

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...threadid=124372
rippa
Warrior
PSN: R199A_ / NBK_0WN-
#115 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by big_al405
anyone knows how the cpu does the "parry-like" thing when drag uses d+1+2 or marduk's vts 1+2?

Perfect timing & pressing 1+2.

(As they start to connect the tackle.)
Signature 1. 2. 3.

Online sucks. Rank doesn't mean shit people!

http://r199a.deviantart.com/
liqudMIGUEL367
4th Dan
PSN: intoxicator367
XBL: darkavenger367
#116 “Quote” Edit Post
this is so godlike for my trianing with leo thankx
Signature \now that tekken is out im going to train my ass of with LEO!!!!!!!!!
Gemini Knight
Iron Fist God
PSN: Gemini_Knight05
XBL: To Be Announced....
#117 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by sciolist

as far as i'm concerned, Kuma has no abusable moves...all of them are easy to punish even on an average lvl of play. you see us whoring windmills, f1, ROL and HBS moves not because we're slipping anything by anyone...we're usually doing it in a given situation where we've knocked the person down first and make them either guess or react to what we're doing, or we've at least minimized the window you have @ punishing said tactics...simply put...Sidestep and run away when you're up on health...trust me...it's safe against the bears. now, that's all i'm giving up on them EVER.

I think I can try to explain what he is saying:

Playing against the bears:

The bears are weak against SSR.

After blocking all three windmill punches, you can SS/fuzzy guard/backdash the backhand.

If The bears go for B+1+2 as you tech, you can fuzzy low parry, and in most cases, the roll can be blocked as well.

After normal/blocked hit b+1 the bears are still at a disadvantage.

After normal hit d/b+2 the bears are still at a disadvantage.

If you block ff2 or HBS1+2 and you can't punish either(or fail to do so), be aware of f+1 afterwards.

After the bears juggle for damage, roll away. The Bears can't do much for oki.

If you block the first two hits of f111, you can SSR the last hit.

Bottom line: The bears don't have a good annoying mid other than d/f2 and d/f4, they don't have annoying/scary lows other than d/b2, and don't have anything that tracks. F+1 is the bears' best attack, everything else can be avoided, forcing bear players to play like how The Dinosaur explained.
sciolist
Bad Lt.
PSN: Bacon-B-Godlike
#118 “Quote” Edit Post
thx for articulating that GK. hope BR bears hold more potential than they did in DR, because god knows we all tried our best to showcase every tactic possible and it was still an uphill battle.