Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Ares =TILT=
Mech Brutality
PSN: SonicBreeze
XBL: BigRob Stole My Xbox
#401 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SupraDoom
Def better then they were last year tilt.

lol duh.

and just think...you could have been one of my victims. lol jk but i was really upset that you didnt come
Signature mah chainsaw goes bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
SupraDoom
PSN: DooM-
#402 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Ares =TILT=
lol duh.

and just think...you could have been one of my victims. lol jk but i was really upset that you didnt come

Me 2. I just got so much going on right now... Hopefully I'll be back on track soon.
Ares =TILT=
Mech Brutality
PSN: SonicBreeze
XBL: BigRob Stole My Xbox
#403 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SupraDoom
Me 2. I just got so much going on right now... Hopefully I'll be back on track soon.

Signature mah chainsaw goes bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
brianwhip
Kyu
#404 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey Guys Im looking to improve my bryan and could use some advice..
http://www.youtube.com/user/brianwhip
Sniff
Champion
#405 “Quote” Edit Post
here's another good matches from philippines
this matches very interesting and suspense, please watch this video..

Mr Pwersa (bryan) versus Coffee Prince (steve)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXEZvnsT6Vg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH7d4gOItpA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae3EaRMCarQ
Signature (PMS) Here comes the Burning Fist!!!!
One Hit to kill!! Gotcha!!!

Try me??
Philosopher
Legend
#406 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by brianwhip
Hey Guys Im looking to improve my bryan and could use some advice..
http://www.youtube.com/user/brianwhip

Nice, you're pretty good man Good use of whiff punishing close with iWS 1 , something I should add to my own game.

Just a few things though. After ff+4, try doing dash db+2 if you think they'll get up, leads to pick up juggle. Dash d+4 is also guaranteed and if they tried getting up they'll end up getting back on the floor most likely tech rolling close to you.

You should make more use of movement. Try going backwards more than just one or two backdashes, this'll create huge whiffs which you can punish with qcb+4 . Your movement now is fine, but it could be better.

Also about punishment. Laws slide, you should wait a little longer before going for WS 3, otherwise it'll whiff like it did with you. Steve's duck f+2 (the huge launcher) is -13 but JU won't reach, use 4 . Steve's WS 1,2 is -13 , this is JU easily. The rest you got pretty good. Just be careful with punishing Law's WS 2, JU will whiff from time to time, use ff+2 when you're not sure about the range. I'm sure you knew this already cause I saw you trying to ff+2 it once but just a friendly reminder. Also, try doing ff+2,1 , this results in less whiff frames in case you stuffed up your mach breaker.

Also nice use of the parry, but you really gotta learn b+4 > ff+2 to make your opponent scared of getting low parried. And also, Taunt>3+4 on the wall is pretty much a must to make the most out of Bryan. It's not even that hard so keep practicing it.

Good to see some Bryan gaming, keep it up man
Signature Not an actual philosopher.
Manav
4th Dan
#407 “Quote” Edit Post
here are my casual matches with my friend i want to improve my game with bryan any advice will be appreciated.......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA_o...re=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knXr...re=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay5j...re=channel_page
facing a lot of trouble against devil jin and his laser grapple
Philosopher
Legend
#408 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Manav
here are my casual matches with my friend i want to improve my game with bryan any advice will be appreciated.......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA_o...re=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knXr...re=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay5j...re=channel_page
facing a lot of trouble against devil jin and his laser grapple

Just watched the first vid, some notes from that.

Definitely try using 3+4 more, even if it's a bit risky since a good DVJ can DEWGF it on whiff. Even so, try using it to keep him at distance, if you get DEWGF punished for it a lot on whiff, then it's time to change your strategy of course but try how it works.

More sidesteps against DVJ, if you keep sidestepping left (Bryan's left) there is really nothing except df+1 and throws that DVJ can do to track you. Or maybe a delayed DEWGF, but that takes a long while and is quite risky for DVJ. You avoid both his Hellsweep and WS 2 by sidestepping left also. This advice is only for Bryan though, since Bryan's ss is so big it avoids EWGF most of the time.

Try using more basic juggles, like 3,2,1,2 endings instead of 3,3,4 . It gives you better positioning and wake ups. After 3,2,1,2 just dash and hit d+4 when they tech roll, very low risk. Once they start blocking that, dash in and qcb+4 for a juggle.

And definitely less b+1, that move is very risky and it doesn't really give anything good on block. Just try not using it and see how it goes.

Also, DVJ is very poor close range but a monster at far away, always try staying in his face with 1 jabs, 3+4 and just sidestepping. Don't ever attack after blocking DVJ's ff+2 , you'll die, just sidestep and reposition yourself afterwards.

If you're having trouble breaking laser throw just go into practice mode and try breaking it there. That DVJ didn't seem to be able to do it "cleanly" so you can always see him jerking a bit before the actual throw. Just like in practice mode.

Just keep at it, Bryan's a very hard character but you'll get there eventually
Philosopher
Legend
#409 “Quote” Edit Post
Btw if anyone has some good anti Hwoarang stuff I'd be glad to hear it. Had problems against this Hwo user. Vid can be found here. Tips are welcome even if you don't care to download and watch the vid.

http://files.filefront.com/MVI+0678...;/fileinfo.html
brianwhip
Kyu
#410 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks philo...... Currently working on my movement..
Sorry but ur vid is pretty big to dl but i can give u general tips on hwo..
1- All his launchers are has terrible recovery

2-If he switches stance after a string u can avoid almost all mixups he chooses,
eg,3,3>3(Lff) a sw L avoids most mixups, after.d3,4,(Rff) swr avoids..

3-he tracks both directions pretty good so less ss and sw,stay more linear.his B3 launcher beats out n e backdash.

Peace
Philosopher
Legend
#411 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeh thanks for the tips. Still looking for something deeper though.

Here's a vid of my game on youtube. It's the worst of my games in purpose so you see what I have to deal with when things go bad. All b+4's are failed qcb+4's btw, so sad. And that CH 4 to ff+4, I dunno what I was thinking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsO4FrJoxEc
brianwhip
Kyu
#412 “Quote” Edit Post
You are pretty good urself.I can see u the hwo player couldnt be broken down that easy.from what I observed :
MORE F3(ur left) and (qcb 4,swb2)for ur right to stop his ss'ng game.u were doing it but not enough..When u keep getting ch on the f3 he will mellow.

U have to grab more often..dont get discouraged if ur opp.breaks them...
bryan has really nice options after all ofhis grab.. also might make him duck so observe what he does and mixup with mids.

If it's ur choice choose a wall stage..Obvious reasons..

Was watching 13 matches of knee vs Hameko(anna). the first few matches(bout 6) knee got pretty much beaten..Suprisingly all he was doing was spamming db3 then mixing up with qcb 4 and 3+4.. Would u believe that broke down hameko and knee's mids became really powerfull.He won the rest of the games after...
keeping it simple sometimes is all u really need then start mixing up.
Manav
4th Dan
devil_unleashed
Warrior
#414 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Philosopher
Just watched the first vid, some notes from that.

Definitely try using 3+4 more, even if it's a bit risky since a good DVJ can DEWGF it on whiff. Even so, try using it to keep him at distance, if you get DEWGF punished for it a lot on whiff, then it's time to change your strategy of course but try how it works.

More sidesteps against DVJ, if you keep sidestepping left (Bryan's left) there is really nothing except df+1 and throws that DVJ can do to track you. Or maybe a delayed DEWGF, but that takes a long while and is quite risky for DVJ. You avoid both his Hellsweep and WS 2 by sidestepping left also. This advice is only for Bryan though, since Bryan's ss is so big it avoids EWGF most of the time.

Try using more basic juggles, like 3,2,1,2 endings instead of 3,3,4 . It gives you better positioning and wake ups. After 3,2,1,2 just dash and hit d+4 when they tech roll, very low risk. Once they start blocking that, dash in and qcb+4 for a juggle.

And definitely less b+1, that move is very risky and it doesn't really give anything good on block. Just try not using it and see how it goes.

Also, DVJ is very poor close range but a monster at far away, always try staying in his face with 1 jabs, 3+4 and just sidestepping. Don't ever attack after blocking DVJ's ff+2 , you'll die, just sidestep and reposition yourself afterwards.

If you're having trouble breaking laser throw just go into practice mode and try breaking it there. That DVJ didn't seem to be able to do it "cleanly" so you can always see him jerking a bit before the actual throw. Just like in practice mode.

Just keep at it, Bryan's a very hard character but you'll get there eventually

WELL I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT KNEE SO I M NT GOING TO SAY NYTHING ABOUT DJ VS KNEE RATHER I WILL KEEP IT TO DJ VS BRYAN.............//// DUCKING IS THE BEST OPTION AGAINST BRYAN BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY U NEED TO LEARN SIDESTEPPING <RIGHT> FROM CROUCHING POSITION OR EITHER BLOCK THEIR MID WHEN U CANT SIDESTEP>...... DOING SO U NEED TO PUNISH BRYAN WITH WS2 WHENEVER AND WHEREEVER U CAN..... ALSO RANDOMLY THROWING WS2 IS ALSO GOOD OPTION AGAINST BRYAN BUT DONT OVER DO IT DEPENDING UPON THE LEVEL OF UR opponent ........ ALSO USE DELAYED df44 AGAINST BRYAN AS SOMETIMES IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR BRYAN TO PUNISH IT WITH ITS 13 FRAME LAUNCHER due to range ,,,,,<<,u can duck it for free ws2>>> ....use proper spacing and sidestepping right and punish their whiff with ewgf>>>> one more thing just side step ur way out of the wall if ur corned against wall <<<<its not easy>.......remember bryan need to work hard in order for him to launch dj.........or ny other character ,,,,,,,,so u have advantage over there........learn to use ewgf properly ,,,,,, WAVE DASH CANCEL INTO CROUCHING POSTION IS UR MAIN WEAPON AGAINST BRYAN <ALREADY I HAVE DISCUSSED ABOVE WHAT U NEED TO DO WHEN UR IN CROUCHING POSITION> !!!!!!!!!

i think u should check this out 1st.......if ur thinking of match up between dj vs bryan......
Philosopher
Legend
#415 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Manav
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=963zYBsxlVQ

Nice. That's exactly how you should play against DVJ imo. Just stay in his face with 1 jabs, ss and f+3 and be ready to whiff punish anything. On open field without walls you'll have to dash forward a lot more to stay in his face though (given he backdashes properly).
And I see your "random" ducking on EWGF range is paying off nicely. It's a good strategy.

I think you parry too much with Bryan though. Mostly the rewards are lesser when parrying with Bryan than what you'd gotten by just punishing proper. DVJ's d+4 can be annoying but he's just using it to get you annoyed, so don't fall into that. Just keep eating d+4, it's only 9dmg iirc and remember you're on +3 after DVJ's d+4 connects.

Don't be teching against DVJ much, it's an instant 50/50 with HS/mid in most situations. Just backroll (like you did once) and sidestep. Also, sometimes from 1p side it's possible to avoid the mixup by teching and sidestepping up immediately. On 2p just don't tech.

And you broke at least a few laser throws, nice improvement.

I think you need to learn the best wall carry combos though, like 3x jab > d+3,2 . And try to use u+4 as a spacing tool from far away, then when it connects > dash db+2 to juggle. uf+4 is not that great but u+4 is amazing. Try it out.
sheep
Dragon Lord
#416 “Quote” Edit Post
Signature
EAT DONKEY DICK!!!
Originally posted by Cosmic_Castaway:
I quite enjoy taking hot wimminz to the wall with my Cock Hammer (Dragunov's qcf+1, for those unaware). And then when they're slumping down the wall to their knees, I Ark Blast all over their face.
Philosopher
Legend
#417 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by sheep
Please assess.

Someone could take that the wrong way ya know

King's 1+2,2 is -13 so Launch it with JU. If the first hit whiffs and you block the second the pushback is too much and you'll whiff your JU, this just for you to know. In this case use 4 to punish it.

King's fc df+2 is -14, JU that shit. It's pretty hard to be consistent with but something to work on though.

Also King's d+2,1 is like -10 non delayed, but delayed it's safe. I can't guarantee if this is 100% accurate since the King I'm facing tries to attack me after it so many times I don't know when I punished it and when he just attacked. But I know delayed ~ non delay, there is a difference in frames.

--

Also tell both King and Julia to throw more. I mean yeah it can be cheesy if the receiving person can't break throws on reaction but they're both characters that rely on throws very much so not using them will really thrown down their potential.

--

You really need to learn how to use f+3, you can shut DVJ down so good with this move. Since it's 0 frames on block and you're an 8 framer you can jab before he does after f+3 on block. Use the mind games from there.
Also it's hard to see exactly when f+3 starts so it'll CH more often than you think.
--
You can read your opponent and react to it very good I see. Most important aspect in the game but then again not all of it.
Your movement is ok, but with Bryan who pretty much has the best movement in the whole cast you should be wanting for more. You really should practice "korean backdash cancel" or by whatever name it goes now. Just b,b,db , b, db, b, db ... Pretty sure you know already. Also it's a bit harder with Bryan because of the backsway but you'll be able to do it with enough practice.

btw
Seems everyone is falling for your 3 (whiffed), JU setup