Page Splits 1...<111213
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Batterfly
5th Dan
PSN: Batterfly
#241 “Quote” Edit Post
Just a quick post - I noticed as I browsed through this post that the strongest (of the fairly consistent) juggle follow-ups for (CH)TGR+1 is 68 damage, i.e:

(CH)TGR+1, u/f,N+4, 1, dash 1, f,f+3,4 >>> 68 damage

however, I find that quite unreliable, and quite difficult to hit consistently. I have an easier alternative which deals the same damage:

(CH)TGR+1, WS+2, f+2, f,N+2, f,f+3,4 >>> 68 damage

Don't think this has been posted yet, so I thought I'd give it a mention
Signature *sings*"No! I don't want no scrub, a scrub is a guy who can't get no love from me!..."
arashikage
2nd Dan
PSN: ArashikageUK87
#242 “Quote” Edit Post
Having difficulty connecting the db4 df1 f2 fn2 ff34 combo, the df1 just doesn't consistently hit, even when the db4 is deep. Anyone had the same problem and know a solution?

Also is there a different staple combo from db4, that's better for off axis opp'?
Signature [Lei2]
Batterfly
5th Dan
PSN: Batterfly
#243 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by arashikage
Having difficulty connecting the db4 df1 f2 fn2 ff34 combo, the df1 just doesn't consistently hit, even when the db4 is deep. Anyone had the same problem and know a solution?

Also is there a different staple combo from db4, that's better for off axis opp'?

IMO, df+1 after db+4 is the easiest option but only when close to opponent. All I would say is don't rush the df+1 - there's no need - once you can see that Lei has recovered from the db+4 animation, press df+1 - there is more than enough time to hit it!

If you hit the db+4 from further away or off-axis, I would suggest you follow up with SS+2~b, BT,d+1, BT,f+3 >>> 34 damage - the only problem is knowing which way to SS for the SS+2 - if you're on axis, then SSR, if you are off-axis to the right (Lei's right) then SSL. This combo does not work if you are off-axis to Lei's left. If you find yourself off-axis to Lei's left, i would just follow up with iWS+3 >>> 27 damage.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by Batterfly on May 11th, 2008 at 19:43

Signature *sings*"No! I don't want no scrub, a scrub is a guy who can't get no love from me!..."
arashikage
2nd Dan
PSN: ArashikageUK87
#244 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah thanks, i'd kind of discounted that one before, but it is good after all, very consistent.
Signature [Lei2]
sunnycrab
Kyu
#245 “Quote” Edit Post
i probably can never play lei like a pro, it's too confusing o_o
Signature ..... DORYA! DORYA! DORYA!
XiaoyuMadness
7th Dan
#246 “Quote” Edit Post
why does f,f+3 in PSP can't combo with my juggle? i know i can easily do it in arcade during DR times but how come i can't connect it with my PSP.