electric megaton upper .. ?

Page Splits
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
tulip_sniper
Raijin
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
i've seen the term thrown around a little, and i think i know what it looks like. however, i am a little shady on the input.

i can only really do it on 2p with any regularity. SSR~hcf~d/f+1. he doesn't start the windup like usual. he does the uppercut motion with his fist starting at the side of his hip instead of swinging it around once. i've heard this move is safer than the long version, and it seems like great oki.

does anyone have any reliable tips for hitting this move, other than 'do it really really fast'? i'm guessing that's the only real way to do it. i'm on a pad but i don't want any half-assed shortcuts like heihachi's QCF+1 out of WD. i can't always ss into the background to buffer it first, or can i?

is it necessary? or if i go nuts and work on my hcf motions 1p side, will that improve the likelihood of electricifty? EMGF please.

edit: also, if anyone wants to post some situations when EMGF is guaranteed, that'd be great ....

Last edited by tulip_sniper on Jan 19th, 2009 at 23:04

SridharsVs
Legend
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Hi, tulip_sniper I have been messing around with eMGF for a couple of days now, I have also been through a lot of posts and here is what I found out

eMGF Inputs:
1.b,d/b,u/b,d/f+1
2.b,d/b,u/f,d/f+1
3.hcf~d/f+1

I was able to test b,d/b,u/b,d/f+1 and I was successful. It is pretty hard on a pad but you get it consistently after some practice.b,d/b,u/f,d/f+1 is a little hard to do because it you hold u/f for too long it will make Jack jump.Aside from these inputs you can also buffer debugger slowly into the recovery of some moves to get eMGF . If you are too slow you get a normal windup uppercut.

List of moves where you can buffer debugger for a eMGF
1; 1,1; 1,2; d/f+1; 2; ff+2; d/f+2; b,f+2; 1+2; 1+2,1+2; d/f+1+2; 3; 4; u/f+1+2,d,d/f+2{Wall} etc.Pretty much every move that keeps Jack standing.

I think you can try it after d/f+1+2, ff+1, 11 if they stay there or d/f+2 if they quick rise.Nothing is guaranteed though .

Last edited by SridharsVs on Feb 3rd, 2009 at 15:37

tulip_sniper
Raijin
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
see, i'd heard of the debugger buffer trick. i shall experiment.. in the meantime, that's the first i'd heard of b,d/b,u/b,d/f+1. i've seen the u/f method around, and now i have something new to try. sweet.

i'm gonna try working on some juggles. forcing emgf in there somewhere just for fun. ff+2 emgf f+1+2,2 looks like it works (in my head).

thanks for your help. it's business time.
t_s
SridharsVs
Legend
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
I have tried that already.If you manage to connect the eMGF after ff+2, the recovery time of eMGF seems too long for any other follow up. I am quite sure that the opponent falls to the ground by that time or maybe I am not doing it fast enough.
tulip_sniper
Raijin
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
after extensive testing, i am a little ticked off.

for all the effort put into buffering emgf, it looks like i'll only be using it for a poke. like once every ten or twenty rounds. maybe. after ch 2.

so much disappointment, but lets be specific.

ff+2, u/f,n+4 emgf doesn't connect.

ff+2, U/F+4 emgf doesn't connect.

ff+2 emgf f+2 doesn't connect.

ff+2 emgf d/f+3+4 doesn't connect.

i was really ticked when i couldn't get that last one. it seems like so little to ask. but now lets focus on the (semi)positive.

ff+2 emgf d+2,1 works on a certain axis. could be SSL~ff+2.

ff+2 emgf d/b+1 works, pretty much on all axis if you do ff+2 close-range.

back to the negative: ff+2 emgf d+1, FC d/f+3+4 doesn't work at all.

and now, my ultimate happiness goal.

ff+2 pause f+4 buffered emgf works. works like a charm. is sexy.

it's only like 50 dmg. pure style. utterly pointless. works. there is a reason i learned how to buffer emgf and there it is.

incidentally, if you do it fast enough, ff+2 delay f+4 debugger works if you're quick with it. wonder how i figured that out.

cheers
t_s
BlackPriest
Expulsion of Fury
PSN: BlackPriest_ITA
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by tulip_sniper
works like a charm. is sexy.

Sorry for my spam post, but this made me lol. You Jack fanatics are awesome!
tulip_sniper
Raijin
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
small update. (bEMGF = buffered electric megaton godfist)

ff+3 bEMGF seems like it's as close to a guaranteed bEMGF as it's gonna get. it seems blockable if they quickrise, but i'm not positive. could re-launch.

EMGF bEMGF is so close to hitting. i've been working on it and i swear i'm just a small axis shift away from making it work. it seems like jack needs to be at max distance for the first EMGF in order to land the bEMGF, but i haven't done it yet. i've gotten close, and will continue to work on it.

wall fun.. d/f+2 w! 2 bEMGF works. a little less dmg than 2, d/b+111 but it seems like better recovery, especially since it doesn't recover crouched. d/f+2 f+4 bEMGF works, but it's a little more strict.

i went completely stupid trying to get EMGF bEMGF to hit. i didn't hit it one time but it worked wonders on me hitting emgf out of backdash cancels. the fast one, even. on a pad! craziness.

b,b,d/b,b,d/b,HCF:n:d/f+1 ftw!

this actually isn't completely useless, even though ff+2 basically replaces the need for EMGF. who cares! this looks better and pushback makes it pretty safe. may be punishable, but i don't think EMGF is launch punishable.

am i wrong?
t_s

edit: landed d/f+2 f+2 f+2 f+2~bEMGF. not really sure who i hit it with, but it was at least a mid+ size male char. i think.

Last edited by tulip_sniper on Feb 24th, 2009 at 23:49