Page Splits
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Batterfly
5th Dan
PSN: Batterfly
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Christie (and Eddy) can do the sidestep grabs that Eddy has in Tekken Tag and Tekken 3. Its not on the in-game command list and its not on TZ's move list either. I doubt I'm the first to find this out, and I apologise if this has been posted elsewhere - I did look.

Anyway, when from the side instead of grabbing with the usual 2+4, by pressing d/f+2+4_d/f+2+1, she will execute her 'old' grabs. The only problem is, half the time she does the front equivalent of the move.
Signature *sings*"No! I don't want no scrub, a scrub is a guy who can't get no love from me!..."
Drake the Demon
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Christie (and Eddy) can do the sidestep grabs that Eddy has in Tekken Tag and Tekken 3. Its not on the in-game command list and its not on TZ's move list either. I doubt I'm the first to find this out, and I apologise if this has been posted elsewhere - I did look.

Anyway, when from the side instead of grabbing with the usual 2+4, by pressing d/f+2+4_d/f+2+1, she will execute her 'old' grabs.

Doing non-command throws (anything except 2+4 or f+2+4) from the side will result in Eddy's TTT throws in Tekken 4. When playing as Eddy in Tekken 5, he automatically uses his TTT throws. I recall this WAS in the TZ move list (t4), but it seems it was removed for an unknown reason.

The only problem is, half the time she does the front equivalent of the move.

You are probably practising against Christie (Eddy). They tend to auto-sidestep towards you when they get off-axis. Select someone else and it should be fine.
EASTERNBORDER
Iron Fist God
PSN: Easternborder
XBL: Easternborder
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Drake the Demon
You are probably practising against Christie (Eddy). They tend to auto-sidestep towards you when they get off-axis. Select someone else and it should be fine.

Hmm... it shoudn't be that impossible to grab chreddy from the side now. Eddy was ungrabbable at the side back in T3 but namco seemed to noticed that and decided to omit that feature ( damn namco). As far as I can remember in my old matches, you can evern sidewalk to his/her side too.
Signature "If you want to live, you gotta die trying."
pao1o
paoranoia
PSN: -†_†^_^T_T*_*Y_Y!_!-
XBL: -WaHªHaHªHaHªHaHªHa-
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
aww...
Signature "Your worst enemy could be your best friend, and your best friend is your worst enemy..." - F (R) i E N D -