Page Splits <123
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
BlackPriest
Expulsion of Fury
PSN: BlackPriest_ITA
#41 “Quote” Edit Post
f+4 is a really good tech catch. When timed right it has the same properties than f+4 on a crouching opponent, meaning you get a free d/f+1,4 for a 70+ dmg juggle. It works on tech rolls to both sides, but the timing is kinda hard. You have only a very few frames to hit it, and if you start to early during the opponents tech it wont work. Still I think it's very useful as the damage is stellar, better than the hopkick juggle tech catch.

Some of you might know this shit already. I have not tried this in a match yet, but I can imagine it could be very nasty. As the f+4 must be inputted quite late during the opponents tech for this to work, it can be done after a lot of juggle enders that leave your opponent close. Also this can be a nasty mixup after stonehead if they're tired of eating the stomp and do the immediate tech.
tulip_sniper
Raijin
#42 “Quote” Edit Post
i have had a devil of a time getting f+4 to hit crouchers into d/f+14 etc. i think i've done it twice. similarly, i haven't even tried using f+4 to catch techs ..

it shames me somewhat, but i don't even try f+1+2 against backrollers. i usually just go for a wdewgf or plain dewgf. i've been playing too much hei, so i'm a little ewgf-happy, but at least it resets oki and such.

t_s
BlackPriest
Expulsion of Fury
PSN: BlackPriest_ITA
#43 “Quote” Edit Post
I see. Kazy's oki is nothing compared to Hei's, but it's still solid. Difficult to use, but solid.

For back rollers I usually try to pick em up with cd~ws+4 etc. Though wewgf is also stellar (looks cool as hell and resets oki as you already mentioned).
tulip_sniper
Raijin
#44 “Quote” Edit Post
oki with kaz has never been a huge focus outside of 'teed stomps .. mostly because the juggles i use tend to end with cd+41. dash in d/b+4 was as far as it got for me, sadly. then i started ending my juggles with ws+44 when i noticed it was only like 1 dmg less than cd+41, with much better choices for wakes.

ws+4 for backrollers is awesome, especially since it's so easy to do out of dash cancel and it's so safe on block.

ff+2 ewgf iws+44 stomp until you train your opp to backroll, then run in 1+3_2+3 backthrow catch to more oki