Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
David_PWN_U
2nd Dan
PSN: Darklsins
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
hi there im having a hard time learning yoshi

i cant seem to do df+2, b+1,(1),1,(1),1, b+1,1, f+1, f+3+4

im not really sure waht im supposed to do with the (1) stufff...
Signature Check out my youtube page at
http://www.youtube.com/user/darklsins
NoodleHead
will touch u gently
PSN: TastyPPJuice
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
() means miss.

b+1,(1),1,(1),1 means u will perform 5 spin b+1's, but second and fourth will miss during the juggle. However, to complete the juggle, it's necessary to have those "missed correctly."
w1r3d
aguantame eso ahi
PSN: obw1r3d
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
great thread. sticky worthy.

question: I can't get this flash combo consistently:

flash, FLE, FLE 1+2, f+1, f+3+4

I know I've seen it and have pulled it off a couple times, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong for it to miss. I get to the FLE 1+2 part, and then whiff the jab. If this is not 100% consistent, which one is the best one? (or, I should say, which one should I keep as staple while I learn Yoshi?)

thanks in advance. =)
Signature grace upon grace
frodo-san
aguantame eso ahi
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
You might wanna try FLASH, FLE, FLE 1+2, f,f+4

It has more leeway than the 1, f3+4 ender and gives you a better position (you can tech trap with FC d/f+1, for example)
NoodleHead
will touch u gently
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
Btw, if I recall correctly, 4~3 can lead to the usual d/f+2 juggle:

4~3 f,f b+1,(1),1 b+1,1,(1),1 b+1 f+3+4 for the max damage.

I never really used it because the f+3+4 combo is much easier and more consistent.
frodo-san
aguantame eso ahi
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by NoodleHead
Btw, if I recall correctly, 4~3 can lead to the usual d/f+2 juggle:

4~3 f,f b+1,(1),1 b+1,1,(1),1 b+1 f+3+4 for the max damage.

I never really used it because the f+3+4 combo is much easier and more consistent.

The most damaging juggle from 4~3 is f+3+4, 1, b+1,1,1, f+3+4 which is I think 83 damage. However doing that juggle you mentioned is way easier to time and makes it easier to wall splat in case there is a wall nearby. Even if you mistime the b+1's you can adjust the b+1's so they hit properly, which is a big plus.
w1r3d
aguantame eso ahi
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
what do I do after the following:

BT flash
bad breath

door knocker? I seem to whiff the d/f+1,1,1 part like 80% of the time. BTW, I'm using the FC,b+1 notation as opposed to the FC,d/f+1 notation.

thanks in advance!

Last edited by w1r3d on Aug 1st, 2008 at 06:33

NoodleHead
will touch u gently
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by w1r3d
what do I do after the following:

BT flash
bad breath

door knocker? I seem to whiff the d/f+1,1,1 part like 80% of the time. BTW, I'm using the FC,b+1 notation as opposed to the FC,d/f+1 notation.

thanks in advance!

BT flash goes into f~u/b+1+2 flee combo

late bad breath close-in attack goes into jab, then the rest are the same as u/f+3 combo

Door knocker. what do u mean about whiff? like... opp ducking?
w1r3d
aguantame eso ahi
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
BT flash goes into f~u/b+1+2 flee combo

late bad breath close-in attack goes into jab, then the rest are the same as u/f+3 combo

Door knocker. what do u mean about whiff? like... opp ducking?

Cool, thanks! I think I've only hit bad breath once, so it's nice that the follow up is easy (jab) in case it happens.

The door knocker thing is that I sometimes hit it, but then the d/f+1,1,1 follow-up whiffs for no apparent reason. I sometimes try to align myself to see if it'll hit, but no. So I was wondering if there's a special way or something to get it to combo consistently (like maybe holding a specific direction or whatever). Maybe I'm just really bad with it still, lol. but in any case, let's say I hit door knocker and I *know* the d/f+1,1,1 won't hit - what is the next best thing to do?
Gandido
WAVEDASH
PSN: Gandido787
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
Pedro: Door Knocker IS d/f+1 series.

Sometimes you need to be slightly off axis for it to hit, which is why most of the time when you do it as a techtrap, it works.
Signature "You're an idiot." - Gregory House

Test before you post.
w1r3d
aguantame eso ahi
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
lol, oops. I meant sword swipe. FC, b+1. The door knocker is what I'm whiffing.

haha, goes to show how much of a noob I still am with Yoshi
NoodleHead
will touch u gently
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
lol, no problems, man.

(stop riding on Frodo's cock)

Fc d/f+1_b+1 into d/f+1,1,1 sometimes whiff if opp is off axis on your right. If opponent is tripped straight on or on ur left, then d/f+1,1,1 will not whiff. I am not exactly sure which side though since I rather play more setup from Fc d/f+1 option. If you are interested, here's what I do after Fc d/f+1:

u/f+3+4 b+1,4. From there, you can either commit suicide if opponent stands straight, Bt 4 if opponent rolls back late (and gets hit by the 4), bt d+4 if opponent side roll, bt d/b+2's if opponent rolls back early for the BT bait.

u+3+4. Chance is, opponent will move (roll back), and f+3+4 will hit them like whoa for more okizeme, lol.
w1r3d
aguantame eso ahi
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
(stop riding on Frodo's cock)

i don't get it

Fc d/f+1_b+1 into d/f+1,1,1 sometimes whiff if opp is off axis on your right. If opponent is tripped straight on or on ur left, then d/f+1,1,1 will not whiff. I am not exactly sure which side though since I rather play more setup from Fc d/f+1 option. If you are interested, here's what I do after Fc d/f+1:

u/f+3+4 b+1,4. From there, you can either commit suicide if opponent stands straight, Bt 4 if opponent rolls back late (and gets hit by the 4), bt d+4 if opponent side roll, bt d/b+2's if opponent rolls back early for the BT bait.

u+3+4. Chance is, opponent will move (roll back), and f+3+4 will hit them like whoa for more okizeme, lol.

cool, sounds good. I get it now with the sword sweep - I'll try it out tonight on practice mode. Good stuff on the u/f+3+4 stuff, sounds sick. I'll check it out as well.
NoodleHead
will touch u gently
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by w1r3d
i don't get it

lol, Frodo uses Yoshi, right? *hints*

*hints*

*gave up* :p

cool, sounds good. I get it now with the sword sweep - I'll try it out tonight on practice mode. Good stuff on the u/f+3+4 stuff, sounds sick. I'll check it out as well.

good luck trying them out. Btw, if opp stands up straight, they will block the "4," allowing you to either immediately BT throw, or BT d+1+4~b+1 for more rewarding (and of course, if they will be killed) play.

Another great move to use after the "4" is BT d/b+1+2 for the BT bad breath backflip. It can catch your opponent off-guard.