Icege
iku iku ikuuu
PSN: Icege-_-
XBL: Ic3ge
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Updates
7/9/08 - Thread made!

Introduction
With his WR 2 now launching and still maintaining it's range along with frame advantage, WR 2 is becoming more and more popular. To those that were playing Dragunov in T5DR, this is old news because the move was good for setting up pressure situations. If there are any 5.0 King players, this is even older news!

Don't be sad that you're behind the times, we'll fix that hopefully =P

First off, the reason for it in case you're not quite sure why you would want to be able to do this. WR 2 (While Running 2) is a powerful mid attack that has great range, advances Dragunov forward, puts your opponent in block stun leaving you to pick and choose your mix ups, and on hit bounces them for a powerful combo. It is great throwing at opponents who are getting up and with some distance, but wouldn't it be better if you could do it in their face?

Enter iWR 2 (instant While Running 2).

The command for WR 2 is fff+2, or While Running (ffF)+2. If you dash into an opponent at anytime during the inputs, the engine will not allow your character to enter a running state since they are too close to the opponent. The engine, however, allows you to buffer commands. This means while you're in a state of recovery after a move, you can input the first part(s) of a command.

CORRECTIONS NEEDEDT6 allows you to input 2 directions during the recovery period, more than the 1 that you used to get in T5DR.

We'll be doing this the way you would in T5DR, until we get confirmation about T6 allowing up to 2 inputs to be buffered.

Set Ups
1. Novice set-up
Hit 4 from a max distance. Just before Dragunov pulls his hand completely back to a neutral stance, tap forward. As soon as he returns to a neutral state, input ff+2. The game will register this as fff+2, but you're going to want a brief pause, so it'll feel like f~ff+2. This is a good, basic set-up for iWR 2. It allows you a little bit of distance to play with and get the general feel for the timing, while also giving you enough room to not make it too difficult. For Dragunov, especially in T6, this is good because you can use it along with 4,3, and 4,1. The last hit of 4,1 is high, so some players might be tempted to duck. 4,3 is unsafe, but the 2nd hit gives a free d+3+4 on hit. 4,3's 2nd hit will also track sidesteppers. This works well with 4, iWR2 because of the brief pause, players might be tempted attack you only to get launched by iWR 2. Later, they might try to sidestep after the 4, thinking the iWR 2 is coming, only to get caught by the 3 instead, netting you a free stomp!

2. Intermediate set-up
Execute d+2, then as you're recovering, do the same thing as before. Tap f the moment just before Dragunov's attack completely ends, and then input ff+2 immediately after. This will be a little different because the d+2 will most likely be hitting, causing your timing to be different and you'll be crouch canceling. This is good because not only does it give you another avenue to land iWR 2, but also helps introduce you to the concept of crouch canceling. You can utilize this in a mix-up with Dragunov's other WS attacks (I <3 WS+1+2 personally) and his FC,d/f+3 low. You can also take it one step further and start doing things like d+2, f~ff, d+2 again or even u/f+3+4 for the unbreakable throw!

3. Advanced set-up
Do a standing jab (1 or 2), then tap f the moment before Dragunov's attack ends, then immediately ff+2 afterwards. This will be difficult due to the amount of space needed between you and your opponent, and how quick you'll need to input the commands.

As you can imagine, there are almost limitless options you have. In situations where you've conditioned your opponents to think that WR 2 is coming, you can begin utilizing lows, throws, and other moves such as tracking moves to try and catch them napping. On the flip side, where opponent's might think your offense is done, you can surprise them with a quick WR 2.

Combos
1. Novice Combo: WR 2, dash, d+4,1,3
Very, very easy. Good combo to do while you're getting used to consistently landing iWR 2 because you more than likely won't have the eyes/reflexes to see that you've successfully landed iWR 2 right away. Make it a habit, that way you're used to being active after the move connects.

CONFIRMATION NEEDED2. Intermediate Combo: WR 2, dash, d+2, WS+4, d+4,4
Same principle, just more commands which might make it more intimidating at first, but more damage.

3. Advanced Combo: WR 2, iWS+4, 1,3,2, B!, 3,1,2
This is the daddy here. Huge damage off of a safe launcher. You'll have to be able to execute iWS (instant While Standing), which in this case can be done by doing d,d/f,N. You might want to exaggerate the movement to make sure you don't do it too fast. As soon as you hit the neutral point, hit 4. CONFIRMATION NEEDED You can either dash in and do iWS+4, or you can do d,d/f,N to begin Dragunov's crouch dash, and hit 4 once you get close enough. Make sure you don't hit qcf if that's the case, because you'll get qcf+4 instead of WS+4. Afterwards, just plug and chug the rest of the commands for your damage.
Signature [04:25] WayGamble: hey hey hey
[04:25] WayGamble: i dont talk shit to you cuz you dont put yeast in your bread now do i?
[04:25] Icege:
[04:25] TekkenJam: jew
tyler2k
PSN: tyler2k1
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
When you use iWR 2 constantly, there's always a chance that your opponent could be caught jumping or doing a jumping attack. Here's a few things that I noticed.

Intermediate Combo: iWR 2, dash, d+2, WS+4, d+4,4
Has a small catch in it, it's range dependent (in a good way).

On normal hit Sergei will knock them down leaving plenty of room for the dash in to d+2, the window is large enough to consistently dash in and d+2. The catch is if your opponent jumps, iWR 2 will count as an airborne B! drastically changing the properties of the move. Since they are jumping, the starting attack modifier will be 70% (or 80%, can't remember) meaning you will get less juice off the attack. The second issue is that it will count as a standard B! attack which will change the opponents properties from a special forced KND to B! which means your window of execution has been halved. The third issue, and this is the catch, is that due to the B! properties, the WS 4 after d+2 will have reduced airtime due to T6's new gravity system implemented to reduce airborne combo duration. This means that the WS 4 follow up will place them lower to the ground giving them a (fairly large) tech frame. If your opponent techs, which they usually do, and has a basic knowledge of Sergei's move list, namely d+4,4 and d+4,1,3 are all high finishers, expect to get WS 2 launched.

For this reason if you see that your iWR 2 hit the opponent in the air, and aren't up to iWS 4 combo follow-ups yet, I suggest

iWR 2, dash, d+2, WS+4 then work on oki (SS d+3 works fairly well here, or move of your choice)

Advanced Combo: iWR 2, iWS+4, 1,3,2, B!, 3,1,2
Now this one I'm curious about when hitting airborne opponents with iWR 2, in theory you should be able to pick them up with iWS 4, but as stated above, you're going to have a limited execution frame as well as have wasted your B! I have trouble as it it performing iWS 4, flat sticks FTL, and factor in the randomness of your opponent doing a jumping attack and there's practically no way I can test follow ups. As stated above, your best choice would be to work on oki.

In theory this should work when you hit your opponent in air
iWR 2 B! iWS 4 1,3,2 and working on standing oki - or -
iWR 2 B! iWS 4 2,1,3 for W! or working on WR oki

But there is still a possibility that you won't have the frames to sneak in a 10
Untested, unconfirmed
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Beginner Series: Throw System (Part 1, Part 2)
zarzobnz
:D!
PSN: zarzob
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
qcf+2, iWR 2 B! iWS+4, f+1, dash 3,1,2

same for if you do WR2 on a jumping opponent

http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=7ffyJVYmQdY 2:08

Last edited by zarzobnz on Jul 16th, 2008 at 05:25

Signature Scrub Combos [ Vol. 1 ] - [ Vol. 2 ] - [ Vol. 3 ] - [ Vol. 4 ]
[ Rage Death Combo Exhibition ] - [ Nina Vol. 1 ] - [ Nina Vol. 2 ]
Icege
iku iku ikuuu
PSN: Icege-_-
XBL: Ic3ge
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
tyler: I don't think that's really a catch. That's like saying, "If you hit somebody with d/f+2 and they jump, you can't do 4,1, 1,3,2, B!" It is a good thing to note though in the scenario where you do land it. I don't think it'll be uncommon, but definitely not rare due to the prevalence of hop kicks.

zarz: Thanks
Signature [04:25] WayGamble: hey hey hey
[04:25] WayGamble: i dont talk shit to you cuz you dont put yeast in your bread now do i?
[04:25] Icege:
[04:25] TekkenJam: jew
mach one
Virtuoso
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
after fff2 directly into B! you can do b21, 213

2 points of damage more than iws4, f1, 312

same damamge as b21, b2, ws1+2 but with wall potential
GaGoHnOv
2nd Dan
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
so i know the mechanics but i still cant do it

hahahaha

any easier way to pull it off?
Zhan
Retirement
PSN: KNEE2nd
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
OHHHHHH, I FUCKING SEE!!
Signature with KNEE(?)
Me vs Knee(?) 2013
Originally Written by cgas123: If using the same move over and over to defeat a person is cheap, then the player eating it over and over is dumb. There is a way to stop everything in tekken so in the highest level of gameplay there is no cheap. -=T:SB=-
tyler2k
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by tyler2k
I have trouble as it it performing iWS 4, flat sticks FTL, and factor in the randomness of your opponent doing a jumping attack and there's practically no way I can test follow ups. As stated above, your best choice would be to work on oki.

In theory this should work when you hit your opponent in air
iWR 2 B! iWS 4 1,3,2 and working on standing oki - or -
iWR 2 B! iWS 4 2,1,3 for W! or working on WR oki

But there is still a possibility that you won't have the frames to sneak in a 10
Untested, unconfirmed

10 frame follow ups are possible

Last edited by tyler2k on Jul 6th, 2009 at 18:01

Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
bordocs
6th Dan
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
can i ask something? in d+2 ... wr2 set up.
it must be like this? d+2 cc/tap up. f~ff+2? or. d+2. f~ff+2? thx!
and oh btw. is the wr+2 of dragunov can be block by dragunovs b1+3/b2+4?
of course anyone dont want to be hit open or on blocked by wr+2.
tyler2k
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
You should be able to execute is both ways but d+2 f~ff+2 would be the proper way since the initial f buffer already acts as a CC so there's no real reason to hide the buffer in a CC, you just waste time and frames.

As far as reversing WR 2, every time I've used it, I've never seen it reversed but there is still a chance it can be reversed or punch parried.

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"
bordocs
6th Dan
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
gonna try parrying it with my friends.(hopefully with all characters who have parry properties) well anyway, youll never expect when will wr+2 will come out. as it can be done in almost all setups.

one more thing. people are panicking when they see a dragunov player doing wr2 almost 0 range.
Wednesday
The Wolf
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
i guy here who plays jin parrys my iwr+2 all the time,its to be expected though..he's national runner up :/

and it getting parried by jin=free hopkick for him.

as for d+2 to iwr+2 ,its not a really a cc ,but more of letting the finishing animation of the d+2 to finish,then buffer in the f,f,f+2 ...thats what i find.
hah,it also helps if your oponent trys to backdash after the d+2..creates the extra space
Signature
The Wolf "d/f+3,2,3 always an option."
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
PSN: Sandilord
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by bordocs
gonna try parrying it with my friends.(hopefully with all characters who have parry properties) well anyway, youll never expect when will wr+2 will come out. as it can be done in almost all setups.

one more thing. people are panicking when they see a dragunov player doing wr2 almost 0 range.
If memory serves me right, wr2 can be parried/reversed in dr, so probably in T6 too. I think the easiest way to test this is with Ganryu.
Do 3+4~d~f. Ganryu will rise up slowly, autoparrying all punches in the process.
But with the small impactwindow of wr2, I wouldn't be too afraid of it.
Signature s3:
m2dave
Dragon Lord
PSN: m2dave
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
In DR WR+2 cannot be parried or reversed by any character (not even Jin I think).

Namco may have changed it in Tekken 6?
car333sh
Legend
PSN: C3
XBL: Ixa FuQ
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
the wr2 can be parried by jin and it has happened to me a couple of times already and God it ticked me off.. haha i thot he didnt see it coming but then boom! got parried and i got launched. bye bye dragunov.

anyway, i have a question regarding this...
Advanced Combo: WR 2, iWS+4, 1,3,2, B!, 3,1,2

ive tried doing this a couple of times but i cant get the 1,3,2 string to connect.. should the iWS+4 be done this way f, df~N+4 or can i just immediately go df~N+4 after executing the WR2?
Signature C3
el amor que es siempre
in the game of poker.. its not how big you can win but on how much damage you can take...
Wednesday
The Wolf
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
d d/f N 4
so he does his qcf motion to a WS.
its easy when you get the hang of it
Signature
The Wolf "d/f+3,2,3 always an option."
car333sh
Legend
PSN: C3
XBL: Ixa FuQ
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
hmm.. the problem is that sometimes the 1,3,2 B! string doesn't connect. hmm.. anyway, thanks! will try it out and practice more.
Signature C3
el amor que es siempre
in the game of poker.. its not how big you can win but on how much damage you can take...
Kray
Iron Fist God
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
lol! I play both Kings. fff out of everything!!1

If I hit wr2, whats the best carry w/o B! so I can ff+2_wr2 on wall?
wr2, iws4, 1111, d+4,4?
wr2, iws4, 2,1 2,1,3?

I dont know his new strings all that well.

Ima test ah lil today.

saKrayZne
Signature Hit me anytime for matches, tho I maybe too drunk to answer. 702-542-5637

Sway side to side when I play Tekken, and when I drink... I am "Kray Charles" by Tsuji.
MYK [jamgi]
BoOoOOmM!!!!!
PSN: MYK-jamgi
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
manliest thing you can do off wr2 is..

wr2, dash iws4, 1,1,1, iWR2 B!, d44

totally hit it by accident, buffered 1 extra forward when i was trying to do ff2 haha. But yeah to my surprise it works, it's just extremely hard to land.

Oh and just to note
wr2, iws4, 132, B!, 312_d413

is the exact same dmg (68). Same goes for iws4, 1, 132, B!, d44 iirc it's only 1 pt less
Signature "What is Love?"

nosada
1st Dan
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Hit 4 from a max distance. Just before Dragunov pulls his hand completely back to a neutral stance, tap forward.

4 ? a kick ?