Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
CD-DT
Eternal Student
PSN: SCA__Reborn
#81 “Quote” Edit Post
i love how bears use bigs in other games too

good shit tho i have no idea what's involved in 2D's lol.
Signature Team: Dumb Luck...members 1....level 4....I like long walks on the beach...which usually happen after a long night of drinking
Grimy Grizzly
I'm pretty good tho!
#82 “Quote” Edit Post
yeah I always seemed to lean towards the big charcs before I played tekken competitively I was playing CvS2 casually my team was Raden, E. Honda, and Zangief...in super turbo when I play now I use either T. Hawk or E. Honda....when I first started playing 3rd strike it was Alex and Hugo....when I first played smash brothers Melee it was Ganondwarf......but now I tend to play the charecters that are very hard to play in 3rd strike I play sean....(tho he isn't that hard to play) in any smash game I play pikachu now....my new CvS2 team is Maki,E. Honda, and Morgan (even tho e.honda is top teir I don't know any cheesy shit anyway)....my bad tho I just wanted people to see that NEC vid I had a blast playing something I have never played before....
Signature ......
CD-DT
Eternal Student
#83 “Quote” Edit Post
i wish i could play 2D's they do look fun
Signature Team: Dumb Luck...members 1....level 4....I like long walks on the beach...which usually happen after a long night of drinking
masamune blade
neoempire.com
PSN: MasamuneKuma
XBL: IntiIntiKuma
#84 “Quote” Edit Post
whats stopping you from playing 2d?

2d is the origin of all competetive games if anything you should ry to learn something like super turbo to help your basics.

my selection of characters vairies, my original view was to use anyone who gets neglected ie. kuma in ttt/t4
and that spread to twelve in third strike (shit game) x mode sodom in alpha 3, May in GGXX, old honda in ST... any new game that comes out i just pick caracters who are annoying and hopefully have some kind of one hit kill (which was my original goal too, kuma in T4 and may in ggxx, and jigglypuff in smash)

so for me i pick low tier/underused or anooying skank. or whoever i like

please note that in mvc2 i use Spiral Sentinel and Cable.
sciolist
Bad Lt.
PSN: Bacon-B-Godlike
#85 “Quote” Edit Post
meh...i play whatever character(s) i'm having the most fun with in every fighter
at the moment this is my list:
T5DR - Anna, Marduk, Kuma
3S - Chun, Ryu
SCIII - Zasalamel, Yoshimitsu
TTT - Ogres, animals, yoshi/kuni
T3 - Ling
Gem Fighter - Ryu

p.s. Roger looks like fun in T6
Grimy Grizzly
I'm pretty good tho!
#86 “Quote” Edit Post

I feel you CD-DT....I jsut don't like people commin at me like that cause I ain't a disrespectful person...

Last edited by Grimy Grizzly on Apr 8th, 2008 at 01:58

Signature ......
CD-DT
Eternal Student
#87 “Quote” Edit Post
very true statements.

bear players get the advantage of other chars ignorance since they don't feel the need to learn the least teir. their fault.

who plays kuma? ppl that like to have fun.

who learns all the moves? low tier char players especially since we have to. other ppl are just spoiled.

ppl that talk shit really aren't worth much. If you ain't helpin you're hurtin imo.

and who really plays kuma? not many but is that our fault?
w1r3d
aguantame eso ahi
PSN: obw1r3d
#88 “Quote” Edit Post
so Mr. Grimy isn't going to trashday. I was looking forward to the Kuma mirror match, too

Anyways, I went to play with the Dallas people this week, and my inactivity in Tekken really showed. They have gotten better and I have gotten worse. We'll see how it goes in Trashday. I hope I do well in the team tournament at least. So far I know frodo will be on the same team as me, but dunno who will be the 3rd.

ps. I agree with the previous post.
Signature grace upon grace
CD-DT
Eternal Student
#89 “Quote” Edit Post
i might make it to the VA TTT tournament I'm only up for maybe 2 mm total tho cuz i'm a broke bear.
Grimy Grizzly
I'm pretty good tho!
#90 “Quote” Edit Post
I am a broke bear as well thats why I can't make it to trash day....my bad man I really wanted to play your bear especially since you said you were intrested in playing kuma again....but atleast this will give you time to practice up and where your at you have alot of good compitition hopefully when we play we will both be at our best....it would be good to see you there CD-DT.....good day sirs!
Signature ......
CD-DT
Eternal Student
#91 “Quote” Edit Post
right now the trip is on shaky ground but we're pulling to make it work. If so man i'm bringin the cam so we can get a friendly match on tape

Yo i'm a talk mad shit man. Yea cuz i'm a win cuz i been to a psychic and she said so so yea it's gonna be on!!!

Good times will be had !
CD-DT
Eternal Student
#92 “Quote” Edit Post
Tournament:
Me vs Spero (Eddy)
2-0 Spero
Me vs Foxfire (Ling)
2-1 Me
Me vs LOC (Feng)
2-0 LOC

Very bad day for tournament play . Shit i can't believe i had tournament nerves so bad.

MM's and Casuals:
Me vs Sayco FT3
3-1 Sayco (Feng)

Me vs Exalted (Lei) Casuals
He won one more match than i did thruought casuals

Me vs Grimy
Very fun casual matches. MM postponed due to techinal difficulties
sciolist
Bad Lt.
#93 “Quote” Edit Post
no offense CDDT, but you beating Foxfire was not a bad day for you...although...i haven't been playing the bear much lately, so i'll let him slide on that when he comes back to town
good shit though man...oh...and what happened to you vs grimy?...did nature's call (not the bathroom) carry you guys into the woods or something?
CD-DT
Eternal Student
#94 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by sciolist
no offense CDDT, but you beating Foxfire was not a bad day for you...although...i haven't been playing the bear much lately, so i'll let him slide on that when he comes back to town
good shit though man...oh...and what happened to you vs grimy?...did nature's call (not the bathroom) carry you guys into the woods or something?

Foxfire played ALOT smarter than he has in any match that i've played him however i honestly think that playing him online back in the day hurt him in this encounter because he was too cautious. I put some pretty bad hurtin on him then and i think i lucked out in that aspect. He played very well tho and i caught him when he was thinkin a bit too much about his mixups. He's def alot more solid irl tho which is very pleasing. Honestly the first match was to the wire and if i didn't have that then i think the tourny nerves would have had me hand over the next match easily. I got lucky a few times when i was just fishing. His AoP evasion was good but he didn't max it out by using ssr AoP uf+3 instead he kept using AoP uf+3,4 and all i ate was a second foot in the face.

Me vs Grimy: A previous incident left his controller in less than perfect condition. I won't play for $ if there's any issue at all with controller or person (ala finger injury or fatigue). I think our match went like this tho.

1st match: I can't remember if i won but i think i did.
2nd match: He won caught me slipping and took advantage.
I think i won the 3rd and 4th match but it's foggy. After 3rd match he was messing up windmills and stuff and we realized the controller was getting unreliable and called off the MM till later.
5th match: I think he won.
6th match: I think we got interupted.

Shit was too good tho. I saw him play blood red a top lei player and it was brutal. I mean grimy was punishing EVERYTHING!!! Stayed at range 2 the whole time which imo is VERY risky vs lei but it was amazing to watch.

IMO Grimy is the best Kuma player to date. Maxing out on all opportunites.

But it was a bad day for the bears vs Eddy. Spero raped me and any of my future offspring and Slips caught Grimy. I think the pressure of playing these guys in particular made for a an additional stress since I played like utter crap and Grimy was def not on point for that but i'll let him say more what was really going down.

Eddy is very bad for the bear but it all boils down to which char knows more about the other. If eddy knows more the match is his and vice versa.

In retrospect i didn't do bad vs spero till he kbd'd my windmills from range 1 twice to launch me with qcf+3. That just left me in a state of awe feeling like i brought a fork to fight with and my enemy has a gattling gun.

I will not lose that bad to an eddy or feng ever again. This i swear.
sciolist
Bad Lt.
#95 “Quote” Edit Post
well, had I not been as worried about getting written up or repremanded otherwise...i'd have been at the event for sure. but as the men in Michigan say...
get money>Tekken
btw, you get any footage?...i heard someone got the TTT stuff, and i'm psyched about that...but what about DR?
CD-DT
Eternal Student
#96 “Quote” Edit Post
i forgot the battery for my cam so i didn't get any but i'm sure some will show up soon. The tag matches were damn good and i'm sure somebody at least got finals for DR.
Grimy Grizzly
I'm pretty good tho!
#97 “Quote” Edit Post
about my match vs slips I'll say this...slips is a great player thats first off...I almost won the first match I missed guaranteed damage situations like circus roll into wall and I did not get my free kick or 1+2 for some odd reason...missed whiff punish opportunities I press f+1+2 kuma settled for doing f+2 and not touching eddy.....I dropped 2 combos I believe...after this I became very frustrated...the match was stressful from the jump cause everyone who knows me knows how I feel about eddy and if you play a bad eddy player that does the dumb shit yeah kuma rapes but if you play a good eddy player its not much Kuma can do and people that don't play the bear don't and may not ever understand this...hey grimy why don't you jab? so eddy's d/f+2 can knock me on my ass?.....I was so frustrated.....but yeah I am looking for advice vs eddy and I will make my disision on that soon based on what people say....

CD-DT did well against me but I am basically his mentor whether he admits it or not!

oh yeah and for anyone wondering my controller....I will start by saying this I am completly cool with BloodHawk he is damn good but this is what happend to my pad......we played first match really close good tekken being played here people second match we both have 2 rounds to our credit just like the match before we both have no visible health on our life bars he runs at me and slides Kuma blocks it I was going to punish with f,f+2....and some how WR 1 came out and he kicked me mid..... I threw my controller and broke it that way...I was not mad about losing to him I was just upset about losing like that.....plus my frustrations from earlier in the tourny...I will kid you not I lost sleep thinking about losing to eddy....I feel so cheated when I lose to eddy....

Last edited by Grimy Grizzly on Apr 23rd, 2008 at 02:51

Signature ......
CD-DT
Eternal Student
#98 “Quote” Edit Post
i will accept you as mentor since the student eventually surpasses their teacher and a wise teacher learns from his student.

you going to S.L.U.T.S. man? i'm def looking at attending that one