Page Splits
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
ColdFire2010
Iron Fist God
PSN: ycl71
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
The idea is the same as the Lee Chaolan 5.1 Cheat Sheet. Please keep the disscussions in the discussion thread.

New Moves:

- 2,1<1: h,h,m - -5 block, +7 hit. New 2,1 punch string followed by his 1+2 hook. You have an option to transit into Hitman after 2,1 (~3+4), however there is no mist-step (~f,n) option. 2,1 is natural combo, but the last hook is not guaranteed under any situations.

The last hook can be slightly delayed, although not enough to bait retaliations. The hook has the same property as the normal 1+2 on hit and CH, but standard 1+2 causes block stun and 2,1,1 doesn't, therefore 2,1,1 will leave you in quite a big disadvantage when blocked.

This move is very useful when used as combo ender to set up Oki.

- f+3+4: h - dubbed Van Daminator Kick (VDK), this is a new low-crush high-hitting flying kick. Very slow and very short ranged and prone to being jabbed out mid-air. Lee will auto transit into Hitman upon landing.

On hit does a big chunk of damage almost equivilant to a throw, on block gives Lee advantage and allow uninterruptable HMS2 or HMS u/f+3 depending on how your opponent retaliates. If they retaliate with high jab, HMS2 will go under it; if they retaliate with crouch jab, HMS u/f+3 will crush them.

Due to compulsory Hitman transition, this severely limits Lee's offensive option, and the opponent is generally considered to be safe by just stand there and block because Lee can't throw nor has fast low out from Hitman.

- d/b+4: L - +4 hit, -14 block. A spinning low kick which replaces his old generic low kick. Although it has reasonble range, it is very slow, does not high crush and some characters can launch.

The old generic d/b+4 can be accessed instantly via d/b+3+4, although be careful not to end up getting Hitman or the new d/b+4 instead. Credits to Kojiro for this information.

Can be used as an alternative combo ender or ground hitting move.

Old Moves:

- d,d/b+4: same as 5.1, ie no 5.0 style high crush.

- FC, d/f+4: no more spark animation on CH, but otherwise keeps the same property.

- d,d/f,d,d/f+3: has shorter range (although insignificant in practical sense), but does more damage, probably same as Law's.

- 3<3: the 2nd kick can no longer be delayed, so correct notation now is 3,3.

- b+3<3: retained it's 5.1 property ie 2nd hit can still be delayed for natural combo.

- FC, u/b_u+3 can now be done without FC in advance, ie simply u/b_u+3. The old u/f+3 flying kick still uses the same command, so if you want to use the fake flip forward, you need FC, u/f+3 as before.

- f,f+3+4: slightly different throw animations. Different throw break animations.

*- f,f+3: faster execution?

*- f,f+4: different timing in high-crush window?

Miscellaneous Observations:

- crouch cancel seems to be much easier to do now.

- CH d+3~4, HMS4 is not guaranteed on Jack5 and Marduk. These 2 characters can get away from it simply by rolling back, but all other characters will still get hit even if they try to roll back.

- CH 4 and CH 4,4 are both equally reliable/unreliable in terms of connecting b+1:1~f,n afterwards. This may be character specific, or simply to do with distance issue.

- Punch Parry (b+1+2) does not guarantee anything afterwards, same as 5.0/5.1

- HMS4 seems to have better evasion property allowing Lee to duck under some mids during execution... although this move itself is too risky to warrent extensive use.

- Due to slightly different forward dash property and character physics, launcher->4,3,4->f,f->1,2... is harder to do now, although still possible.

- Although ground hits are changed back to 100% in DR, Lee's 4,3,4 on wall still does significantly less damage compared to 5.0, it looked to do even less damage than 5.1. Likely reason is either the flipkick damage gets dramatically toned down, or the last flipkick now counts as a wall hit, which the damage has been toned down.

Last edited by MCP on Jan 16th, 2006 at 19:02

Signature 18_Mishima says:
what can I say, I am a Lee b00b
aSiA
Virtuoso
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
ok, well....had a go with him and here's my two cents:

2,1,1 is nothing special. like the normal 1,2 except is 10 frames and the 1 after the 2 is a hook punch. The last 1 is also grossly unsafe on block

b,f+3+4 - nothing special. He does a flying kick something like a mix between hwoarang's u+3+4 and lee's u/f+3+4.....hitman transition isn't that fast, but i guess isnt that bad either

d/b+4 - something like asuka's f,f+4. actually, this is better than you think. Tracks to some extent, plus it hits oki.....

also dragon slide does do more damage and has sparklies on normal hit.

also, u/f+4, 4,3,4, f,f+3 is somewhat harder to hit. Also, I couldn't get it to hit on kuma and someone else.....I think it might have been dragunov (wonder if lee's the only one with the "Dragunov Syndrome")
Signature It's Tannedtitties aka TT.....TZ ate my old account
Hantori Hanzo
Champion
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by aSiA u/f+4, 4,3,4, f,f+3 is somewhat harder to hit. Also, I couldn't get it to hit on kuma

It could never hit on Kuma not even in 5.0,but my bud tried u/f+4, 4,3,4, f,f+3 on all the other characters and it worked fine for him in DR.
Signature www.youtube.com/mistdemon
Kyo1982
4th Dan
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Agree with you Hattori, you can never hit Kuma with that combo.
It works fine on other characters.
u/f+4, 4,3,4, f,f+3 is easy to do but
u/f+4, 4,3,4, 1,2 .... is hard to do. The 1,2 couldn't seem to connect in T5R.
Signature , , ,
Hantori Hanzo
Champion
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Kyo1982
Agree with you Hattori, you can never hit Kuma with that combo.
It works fine on other characters.
u/f+4, 4,3,4, f,f+3 is easy to do but
u/f+4, 4,3,4, 1,2 .... is hard to do. The 1,2 couldn't seem to connect in T5R.

yea I also had a hard time tryin to connect u/f+4, 4,3,4, 1,2...my friend told me its supposed to be harder in DR then in 5.0
Signature www.youtube.com/mistdemon
LTrav2k
Iron Fist God
PSN: LeeVanDam
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Ok, could you please direct comments back to the DR strategy thread? Cold Fire created this so discoveries could be seen quickly (and hence keep it only one page long). To post in here is rather redundant We appreciate your cooperation with this.

MCP, if possible could you lock this thread please so Cold Fire can edit it with your approval like with the 5.1 Cheat Sheet?

Last edited by LTrav2k on Dec 28th, 2005 at 15:18

Signature Lee Van Dam of Infinique

"If I want any lip outta you, I'll scrape it off my ring."
Kakarott SSJ III
Over 9000_0??!!
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
b+3,3 is very good

dragon slide is very good

d/f+2 is very good

211 is a very good juggle ender

blazing kick is still alright
Signature I EAT SHE EAT
Kakarott SSJ III
Over 9000_0??!!
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
do not go into HMS after CH d+3; instead try for a dragon slide
Signature I EAT SHE EAT
MCP
MCP=?\ (?_o) /?
PSN: MCPtz
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Either PM if you want to edit it, or just pm the new post and I'll copy/paste it into the first post.
Signature ?\ ( ) /?