Page Splits <12345>...14
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Stringer
nothing to lose
#41 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm feelin' really high off this shit right now
good shit Marduck, tell bapsang that we don't blame him...

DbLoCk StRiNg
amphreded
Iron Fist God
PSN: amphreded
#42 “Quote” Edit Post
I played Anna as my main and Baek as one of my seconds in T5.0. Let say both of them get toned down in T5.1, but now I can hope for T5 DR Baek!
Thanks for the info Marduck. Good shit.
zenith
Shihan
PSN: Zennith
#43 “Quote” Edit Post
I don?t like the sound of this? there?s going to be another Baek bandwagon starting up with threads all asking the same things ?hOw iz do infunit???? ?WOW sk1poring howz I do dat???

But more important is the people who will say you?re cheap for using Baek even though you were using him from the get go. If Baeks high tier fine but I don?t want him broken? I like having to work for wins.

Oh well time will tell if my fears are founded or not.
Marduck
5th Dan
#44 “Quote” Edit Post
f+2,1,2 , 3,4,3 , juggle , this works too, guaranteed on the back .

Last edited by Marduck on Dec 15th, 2005 at 06:39

Syxx
Iron Fist God
#45 “Quote” Edit Post
I did that bt combo yesterday. It's really nice. I don't play baek that much but I think he's fun. Mostly I just go for launch into 4 followed by standard baek combos. Then while I'm doing 1,2,fla three times I yell out "BAEK COMBOOOOOOOO!" But seriously, I'm really liking his new moves.
Signature http://www.youtube.com/user/mameshibavideos
Sol.Eternal Pan
Iron Fist God
#46 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by zenith
I don?t like the sound of this? there?s going to be another Baek bandwagon starting up with threads all asking the same things ?hOw iz do infunit???? ?WOW sk1poring howz I do dat???

But more important is the people who will say you?re cheap for using Baek even though you were using him from the get go. If Baeks high tier fine but I don?t want him broken? I like having to work for wins.

Oh well time will tell if my fears are founded or not.
I'm in 100% agreement with that. I really don't want bandwagoners
Signature The difference between a 12" cock and an onion? Nothing, they both bring tears to your eyes- Rodney Rude
Syxx
Iron Fist God
#47 “Quote” Edit Post
Played more Baek in T5 DR and T5.0 today.

His air combos connect better in DR.
Signature http://www.youtube.com/user/mameshibavideos
Billy Crandal
Master
#48 “Quote” Edit Post
If people are worried about being called cheap etc, just don't use the stuff that's considered to be cheap. Win with stuff that's not a bug or a glitch, and people can't complain then.
Signature and try not to bleed on my couch I've just had it steam-cleaned
Dark-Muerte
Berserker
#49 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Billy Crandal
If people are worried about being called cheap etc, just don't use the stuff that's considered to be cheap. Win with stuff that's not a bug or a glitch, and people can't complain then.

The problem with that is most people will still try and complain regardless of common sense.
Signature <Insert clever comment and/or observation here>
noobkken
Iron Fist God
PSN: Launch+
#50 “Quote” Edit Post
I fear the infinite whorage abuse. I never touched steve's infinite, and i won't use baeks, save for research purposes. But others will, and i'll be hella pissed. Gayness sucks. And this is just the beginning, who knows what other broken shit is coming out of so many new moves, and a few new characters. DR will need a patch itself to find balance.

Anyway, singapore has received its first proper DR machine, full release. Night time now, i'm heading down tomorrow. Will use baek as much as i can. If there's anything specific you guys wanna check out, post and i'll do what i can. I'll be looking forward to getting that cat on baek's leg.
Signature < LCD- > | < TKSG > | < Launch+ > | (Lounge+
Marduck
5th Dan
#51 “Quote” Edit Post
It's not an infinite ... i have never said it was an infinite.... not that it really matters whether its called an "infinite" or not, since the other guy would be dead after using that combo , but I repeat it is NOT an infinite

keep in mind though, that baek's fla ss was toned down bigtime from 5.0 . it's not as easy to get someone's back in DR as it is in 5.0. not to mention that baek was and still is (somewhat) weak against turtlers. and although i agree that this back combo needs to be patched (but if namco touches d+2 ill kill em), even with it baek isnt close to being as strong as 5.0 steve,nina,bryan. as of now id be more worried about lili than baek..
Billy Crandal
Master
#52 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Dark-Muerte
The problem with that is most people will still try and complain regardless of common sense.

Ah you're right, I get people complaining saying stupid shit like 'you must have put a CODE in or something' I guess you can't stop people moaning. I agree that they should get rid of broke shit that they find, i don't like it to be in
Signature and try not to bleed on my couch I've just had it steam-cleaned
noobkken
Iron Fist God
#53 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Marduck
you can get off two f+2,1,2 to the back , you'd get off an infinite if the second didn't push them away. you can even do f+2,1,2 , f+2,1 , b+4 for a juggle...

Can i clarify that in some circumstances a possible infinite, and in others a 100% combo? Regardless, whorage ensues, regardless. My playing experience has been on 5.1 these past months with toned down triple ss. And believe me linear move vs baek = backturned. I've gone behind 1,2 jabs quite abit, even. I would think its not as bad as steve's 5.0 nonsense, but you can't deny the impact baek's bt combo will have on the game.

You're going to find players whoring ss, waiting for that one move to turn the match around. This'll probably encourage excessive turtling, affecting the game. How broken it is, time will tell. Anyway so far it does seem like lili has some issues. Balance just might be out of reach yet.

Oh well, off to try out DR.
Marduck
5th Dan
#54 “Quote” Edit Post
ah shit, now i see what you mean. my wording is pretty confusing even to myself. you know.. i just typed up a paragraph trying to explain myself but it ended up being just as confusing if not moreso. so i'll just list what i was trying to get across. first of all, baeks bt combo does not infinite under any circumstances. i was comparing it to steves 5.0 infinite because baeks bt combo functions similarly and it would be an infinite if not for the last hit of the second f+2,1,2 set. sorry for any confusion
Shotokan
#Unity
PSN: ShotokanAU
#55 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by noobkken
Can i clarify that in some circumstances a possible infinite, and in others a 100% combo? Regardless, whorage ensues, regardless. My playing experience has been on 5.1 these past months with toned down triple ss. And believe me linear move vs baek = backturned. I've gone behind 1,2 jabs quite abit, even. I would think its not as bad as steve's 5.0 nonsense, but you can't deny the impact baek's bt combo will have on the game.

You're going to find players whoring ss, waiting for that one move to turn the match around. This'll probably encourage excessive turtling, affecting the game. How broken it is, time will tell. Anyway so far it does seem like lili has some issues. Balance just might be out of reach yet.

Oh well, off to try out DR.

If you dislike whorage maybe you should learn how to avoid situations where they might occur or not use it yourself. It's not whorage if you can only use it once per round hahaha that's legitimising.
Signature Shotokan#U
willus259
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc45/snesfreak/unity.gif
noobkken
Iron Fist God
#56 “Quote” Edit Post
Its cool Marduck, i can see what you mean now, thanks for clarifying.

Shotokan, lol @ semantics. Well, its just a matter of personal preference i guess. I'll just be avoiding that move, and yes i'll be very careful with my linear moves vs other baeks. Tough cheese.

Back from trying DR, nothing new that's not already well documented. Probably the msot important piece of information i have is that the cat costs 300k, so weird people like me can start saving up. I don't know if this is already mentioned, but 1+2,4 gives a fdht knockdown. d/b4 is guaranteed. I believe d+2 is, too. Triple ss feels like the 5.1 version. Juggles all largely the same, i landed df2, 4, triple halberb, 1+2,4.

DR on the whole feels a little different. Its hard to describe, but i definitely had to do some adjusting to enter the groove of the game. Dash jabs are different, but not harder. One problem we're seeing is that moves tend to whiff for no reason. Baek's d/b+3,3 is pretty unreliable. Its a move to avoid, i believe.

Oh and armour king is fun as heck. He doesn't look like he'll be top tier, but so far he's pretty enjoyable to play. Lili is potentially high tier, though now's too premature to make the call.
acido
Iron Fist God
#57 “Quote” Edit Post
nah thats not so bad, lots of characters in 5.0 and 5.1 have wall carry juggles from the middle of the stage to the wall then wall combo resulting in almost no life left for the opp, ewgf , ewgf, 1,1,1,1,2 (wall) f+4, d+4 pretty much ensures a victory for kaz, lots of other chars have these even anna has one.

it would just probably boil down to who laucnhes first.
Signature aT^reXs Batas, Basta Mishima user Sweet lover. Torpeng babaero, Back from retirement. career mode lars...
Lili Joystick
Dragunov Joystick
Bob Marley Joystick
Streetfighter 3 Akuma Joystick
zenith
Shihan
PSN: Zennith
#58 “Quote” Edit Post
noobkken can I ask some questions? I probably won?t be able to play a DR machine until it?s shipped to Aus.
Have you tried using flamingo b+3 with its new guard break it might be useful option from flamingo.
How is d/b+3,3 done from flamingo? Has it replaced the ability to do d/b+3+4 out of flamingo?
Lastly has ws+3+4 properties changed at all?
nf0x
Sage
#59 “Quote” Edit Post
The last thing Baek players like myself should need to think about durring a match is trying to avoid an opening for a juggle.

I've put too much time into Baek to leave him now, but this sorta pisses me off.
Signature "What It Do-San"
BaekDooMountain
1st Dan
#60 “Quote” Edit Post
anyway you look at it, he's gotten a lot better in DR since tekken 5.1 so i'm content. In the Asuka forum in tekkencentral.com, even the korean asuka players were complaining how he got rigged.